empire actor allegedly attacked in hate crime (all charges dropped against smollett)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Subway New Promotion:

Quote:
For a limited time only: Free Footlong Meatball Sub with the purchase of a large Kool-Aid for customers who order after 1am via the Subway app & display a photo of a MAGA hatted Jared Fogle in a noose upon payment. Customers must pay for the sub first, and then the charges will be refunded upon displaying the photo. Limit one refund per customer per visit.

Subway Free Smollet
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I think was less about class or race and much more of a case where the CPD and the city gained themselves so really horrible publicity based on the way they proceeded with the investigation. It was more about making that go away than Smollet's "connections". Had the CPD not made themselves look so bad, I don't believe you'd see this result.

I truly find it fascinating that you could take the information as it was presented today, and formulate that opinion. Actually, I find it a little scary.

Why? It's pretty clear. The moment the CPD went on their public campaign to try their case in the media they opened themselves up to a ton of criticism and controversy. It put the prosecutor in a tough spot. Sure, there were some other factors and pressures. But I don't think you see this resolution without the PD and the mayors office stepping in it the way they did.

I do think it played a part, for sure.

But as the primary driver for dismissal in this case?

If that is the reason, nearly every high profile criminal case could get thrown out.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I think was less about class or race and much more of a case where the CPD and the city gained themselves so really horrible publicity based on the way they proceeded with the investigation. It was more about making that go away than Smollet's "connections". Had the CPD not made themselves look so bad, I don't believe you'd see this result.

I truly find it fascinating that you could take the information as it was presented today, and formulate that opinion. Actually, I find it a little scary.

Why? It's pretty clear. The moment the CPD went on their public campaign to try their case in the media they opened themselves up to a ton of criticism and controversy. It put the prosecutor in a tough spot. Sure, there were some other factors and pressures. But I don't think you see this resolution without the PD and the mayors office stepping in it the way they did.

If that is the reason, nearly every high profile criminal case could get thrown out.

Other high profile cases don't elicit the kind of criticism this one did.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

You mean criticism of Jussie, by the police department?

I was referring to the idea that the charges were dropped, at least the explanation by the prosecutors, is because Jussie was unfairly tried in the court of public opinion. I believe they even stated this almost verbatim.

That to me, isn't necessarily a valid reason for dropping charges since ... pretty much all high profile alleged criminals are tried in the court of public opinion and quite often prior to the actual trial.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I find it odd Kim Fox recused herself for conflict of interest then assigned first deputy prosecutor Joseph Magats. In essence she tagged a subordinate. I think the case was dropped because Jussie has friends in high places.

JUSSIE SMOLLETT
ALLIES ASKED SA KIM FOXX TO INTERVENE
Leaked Texts, Emails Show

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I was referring to the idea that the charges were dropped, at least the explanation by the prosecutors, is because Jussie was unfairly tried in the court of public opinion. I believe they even stated this almost verbatim.

That to me, isn't necessarily a valid reason for dropping charges since ... pretty much all high profile alleged criminals are tried in the court of public opinion and quite often prior to the actual trial.

No, I mean for how CPD and the Mayor announced the charges and the very inappropriate way they attacked Smollet and took offensive in such a defensive manner. They were way too aggressive and it hurt them. More importantly caused major harm to the ability for the Prosecutor's office to pursue the case without controversy. What happened in that regard is not at all like other high profile cases. They made it personal in a way that other cases haven't.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I find it odd Kim Fox recused herself for conflict of interest then assigned first deputy prosecutor Joseph Magats. In essence she tagged a subordinate. I think the case was dropped because Jussie has friends in high places.

JUSSIE SMOLLETT

LINK

Thats pretty much what happened. Jussie had a friend in the prosecutors office who did him a solid and got him out of a jam.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
My opinion is still yes there is racism in this country/world....but there is far more "classism".
Omar Little wrote:

That's because you would only be affected by one, not the other...

not sure why you would make that claim, but I assure you that it is not remotely true. People are affected by both racism and classism everyday around the world.

No doubt, I just think that your review reflects a lack of perspective of and empathy for what it means to be a typical minority in the US.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

DaMuleRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

No, I mean for how CPD and the Mayor announced the charges and the very inappropriate way they attacked Smollet and took offensive in such a defensive manner. They were way too aggressive and it hurt them. More importantly caused major harm to the ability for the Prosecutor's office to pursue the case without controversy. What happened in that regard is not at all like other high profile cases. They made it personal in a way that other cases haven't.

Yeah, that is true, particularly given the nature of the crime, which while awful, it wasn’t like a terrorist attack.

Even still, seems like a weak case to drop all charges. I mean, if the charge was 16 counts of murder, I’d wonder if they’d have acted differently.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

JUSSIE SMOLLETT

LINK

Thats pretty much what happened. Jussie had a friend in the prosecutors office who did him a solid and got him out of a jam.

At least Magats publicly stated this dismissal of the charges doesn't exonerate him.

Quote:
"This was not an exoneration. To say that he was exonerated by us or anyone is not true," Magats said. "We believe he did what he was charged with doing."

I wonder if he'll get his job back on 'Empire'?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

JUSSIE SMOLLETT

LINK

At least Magats publicly stated this dismissal of the charges doesn't exonerate him.

Quote:
"This was not an exoneration. To say that he was exonerated by us or anyone is not true," Magats said. "We believe he did what he was charged with doing."

Basically both sides of this case had a lot to lose. So both get to walk away, the prosecution nets some cash, Jussie nets a clean record, and both can claim they were right.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

JUSSIE SMOLLETT

LINK

Quote:

Of course he will. Hypocritical, but, yeah he will. Empire crew all but celebrated the turn of events on Twitter today. I’ll dig up the post if interested.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

JUSSIE SMOLLETT

LINK

Quote:

Of course he will. Hypocritical, but, yeah he will. Empire crew all but celebrated the turn of events on Twitter today. I’ll dig up the post if interested.

No thanks.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

JUSSIE SMOLLETT

LINK

Quote:

Tweet posted on page 26.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

It’s weird in his presser he maintained his innocence but said he wants to just get back to work.

Why not continue the search for the racist assailants?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
It’s weird in his presser he maintained his innocence but said he wants to just get back to work.

Why keep chasing ghosts?

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Why keep chasing ghosts?

Maybe he should get in contact with OJ. The assailants and the killer could possibly be the same people? They could collab on finding em...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I try really hard to not bring partisan politics into these threads, but I have to this time to avoid talking around the issue. This is what I strongly believe happened.

First, the mistake many are making is thinking Smollett did this to make Trump and his supporters look bad, and second that powerful people used their influence to get the charges dropped because they care for Smollett.

Smollett did this for pure personal reasons.....greed and seeking attention. Sure he did not mind hitting Trump and his supporters in the process.....but that was all bonus material that he knew would create the social attention he sought.

In regards to dropping the charges, Tina Tchen, leaders of Rainbow Push, and other liberal organizations did not use their power to get Foxx to drop the charges because they give a damn about Jussie Smollett. They did not want a case/trial getting 24 hour news coverage that highlights a young gay minority male with celebrity status making false allegations which included stereotypical Trump Supporters attacking this self proclaimed marginalized person. It literally goes against the narrative they push 24/7 of all of these people that support Trump being racists that hate minorities and non-heterosexual beings. If they can't push their identity politics and present themselves as the savior for all of these "groups" of people, they have nothing.

This had zero to do with the CPD's public comments....that happens every day in high profile cases across the country. The only tough spot the Prosecutor was in was trying to find a way to kill this case because she knew if she didn't, her future in Chicago public office was over. In the end, she could not find a way with better optics, and eventually jumped on the grenade herself....literally risking her own legal problems in the process. This is Chicago....you are either on the "in" or you do not exist in that political world. It use to be Bill Daley's political machine, but now it appears to be the Obama's running the show. I am not suggesting they are involved in this.....but almost everyone in power now in Chicago has connections to the Obama's including Tchen, Kim Foxx and Judge Steven Watkins who just happens to be up for election next year. It was reported the prosecutor and judge initiated and decided to seal the public file on the case without request from the Defense!!!

Bad stuff goes on all the time in America....people use power, money and political connections to game the system...but it is mostly done behind closed doors......but this stunt by Foxx and Watkins is probably the most blatant out in the open example of a corrupt judicial process that I have witnessed.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I try really hard to not bring partisan politics into these threads, but I have to this time to avoid talking around the issue.

The issue at hand was that the CPD and the Mayor's office severely overplayed their hand. They went on the offensive before they had a true sense of the evidence they had. As a result, they crucified Smollet and then had nothing to back it up with.

Was there some politicking going on as well? Sure, but in circumstances such as those it was just back chatter. There was no reason for "partisan politics"

If the CPD and Chicago city officials hadn't gone off the rails, and had there been more solid evidence of the alleged scam, there might have been enough to pursue a trial, but ultimately, even if guilty, given all the circumstances it was unlikely to amount to any jail time. So there was no reason for partisanship to play a role. That's the point.

I think it is very telling to note that you were one of the people saying Smollet shouldn't go to jail even if he faked the attack. But now suddenly you bring politics into because it conveniences you.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Why keep chasing ghosts?

Certainly the Chicago PD isn't going to waste any more time and resources on it.

Did one of the reporters ask if he maintains his innocence why did he have to forfeit his bail and perform community service?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

He paid someone to fake beat him up, who cares. He has to live with this for the rest of his life, that is punishment enough.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
My opinion is still yes there is racism in this country/world....but there is far more "classism".
Omar Little wrote:

That's because you would only be affected by one, not the other...

not sure why you would make that claim, but I assure you that it is not remotely true. People are affected by both racism and classism everyday around the world.

No doubt, I just think that your review reflects a lack of perspective of and empathy for what it means to be a typical minority in the US.

you think that based on what? You do not know me, and I provided very little insight to support my opinion. It would seem you are suggesting my opinion is flawed because you do not think someone who is not of a minority race can have a valid opinion or you think it is flawed because it simply does not fit your preferred opinion.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
He paid someone to fake beat him up, who cares. He has to live with this for the rest of his life, that is punishment enough.

Yes he a gay black man just hired some people to fake beat him up and then said it was white trump supporters who beat him and wrapped a noose around his neck saying this is trumps america now. Nothing to see here. Move along
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I don't get the skepticism.

CNN: Jussie Smollett breaks silence after his reported attack

Wow another example on media giving you false hope 👍

The hypocrisy is real, absolutely no integrity, it’s not trolling it’s showing another example of people falling for agenda bias reporting that ends up being very dangerous. Imagine if he wasn’t caught there would of been a fire storm against MAGA supporters based of a Hoax! Kind of like thie coverege of Russian Collusion scam!

Trolling noted.

Cop out noted. Pretty much as expected

Keep going. Zero remorse, pride coming from hard headedness. Trolling and open hostility towards the truth whenever possible.
You could be President one day.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

I thought I heard on the news, while passing the TV, Jussie admitted he lied about the attack and the reason the charges were dropped was given by the prosecution. Did anyone hear anything similar?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 27 of 35
Jump to: