Am I the only one that DOESN'T want to trade for Anthony Davis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers trade for AD?
Yes. He's a top 5 player and he's worth our young core
68%
 68%  [ 139 ]
No. If he comes, let him come as a Free Agent. Lets keep our young core
31%
 31%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 202

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Grodyman wrote:
I think our core stinks, lower tier playoff team with LBJ. Clearly they aren't worth much.

Do you really think this? In light of the most recent rumored offer for AD, I wanted to revisit this thread. I said before, and I contend now, that sacraficing our young core for Anthony Davis will be the wrong move, and may potentially damage our Laker's for seaons to come.

We are NOT beating the Warriors this year with or without Davis, and we likely won't do much damage next season, with a gutted team. So, what happens when Lebron is too old to produce, we have journeymen players, a ring chaser or two, and AD, but no investments into our future just when the Warriors are likely to start fading?
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Sacrificing the young core is a hard thing to do and it definitely puts a bit of weight on the future going forward. But look at it this way even this year if we add AD to the team we'll have to get complimentary pieces.

Now you're talking a Top-5 player not Top-10, but Five. So that would be:
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
James Harden
Anthony Davis

When you have one Top-5 player to any roster, it makes them legitimate. When you add 2 Top-5 players to a roster, it makes them "Dangerous"!
These aren't just All-Stars you're adding to a team, they're "Super-Stars". So it won't matter who you put out on the floor, with those two, you're ready to do battle.

Last year the CAVS made it to the Finals with One Top-5 Player in LeBron; the closest second was K-Love (All-Star not Super-Star), but they made it nevertheless. Let's compare that roster to a post-trade roster after acquiring AD:

CAVS: Hill+Smith+LBJ+Thompson+Love
LAKERS: Rondo+Hart+LBJ+Davis+McGee

Now that's saying we keep Rondo & Hart, but IMO, it's not much difference. Figure we'll get some buyout players and Melo for sure!

When we have to trade away our young core to have a future for this franchise, remember that we will be able to sign another MAX Free Agent and not to mention some other complimentary pieces. The Franchise will continue to flourish, why? Because the Lakers have the Best Franchise in Sports!!!
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
statyin wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
deal wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
I am thinking both ways.

But seriously, why gut the team when all you have to do is sign Kevin Durant or DMC or Kyrie Irving during the summer???

I think we can beat the Warriors with our present players. I mean we almost beat the warriors last night without Lonzo Ball and Lebron James.

GSW toyed with us for 3 Q's and released the hammer in the 4th, your talking
about a team basically full of all stars against one that has none. In a series, we can't
compete against the top teams in the east or west as presently constructed.

The lakers beat them in December with an injured Lebron James and Rondo manning the point. The lakers could beat them last night if Lebron James and lonzo ball and a healthy kuzma playing in the 4th quarter...in the end all that matters is if this team as presently constructed can beat the warriors in the finals. I believe they can do this with our present lineup.

Lol....one game and suddenly we are on the same level of GSW? Cmon now, lets be real, it's just one game and no more than an aberration to me. We also lose to Orlando a couple of times and even the Knicks. With this team presently constructed and barring injuries, we can get through the first round at best, on the assumption that we arent facing GSW in the first round as the 8th seed.

Regular games and playoff games are two different animals. I will take my chances because we have a good mix of veterans and young players. But we need a healthy Lebron James, Ball, kuzma and Rondo if we are going to win the title.

Good Decision by Lakers to pull out of the trade! (per Brad Turner)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: