Am I the only one that DOESN'T want to trade for Anthony Davis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers trade for AD?
Yes. He's a top 5 player and he's worth our young core
68%
 68%  [ 139 ]
No. If he comes, let him come as a Free Agent. Lets keep our young core
31%
 31%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 202

greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

if it takes more than 2 of Lonzo, Kyle, Brandon and more than one pick i say no.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers gut their roster, in particular trading Kuzma and Zubac, to get AD they will be making a huge mistake. AD is a great player but he gets hurt a little too much for my liking. If you can get him as a FA that's another thing, but no way we win a championship with lebron and AD and no bench or supporting cast. We're turning into the Cavs that lebron claimed was "top heavy as bleep" because we're letting him be the GM the same way he was in Cleveland. We're turning into the circus act I knew we would when we signed him. We'd be better off trading lebron for AD straight up and going after Kawhi in the off season, but I don't think the Pels would even take lebron at 34. I just get the feeling this whole thing is not going to end well.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

in 2 years from now, we ll be watching last games of Lebrons carreer and 5-6
ex lakers blossom somewhere else.And i m not sure even if ww ll have our draft pick
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

ex lakers blossom somewhere else.And i m not sure even if we ll have our draft pick
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

You know who I'd trade for him, but most people here wouldn't want that.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

No gutting of the roster please.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Ship their asses out.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
If the Lakers gut their roster, in particular trading Kuzma and Zubac, to get AD they will be making a huge mistake. AD is a great player but he gets hurt a little too much for my liking. If you can get him as a FA that's another thing, but no way we win a championship with lebron and AD and no bench or supporting cast. We're turning into the Cavs that lebron claimed was "top heavy as bleep" because we're letting him be the GM the same way he was in Cleveland. We're turning into the circus act I knew we would when we signed him. We'd be better off trading lebron for AD straight up and going after Kawhi in the off season, but I don't think the Pels would even take lebron at 34. I just get the feeling this whole thing is not going to end well.

Some of these takes are just mind boggling
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

The look on Lebron's face hearing he got traded to New Orleans for AD would be *chef's kiss*
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
kwase wrote:

I have no clue why you would think they're mind boggling. You think lebron, AD, Rondo, Mcghee and Chandler is better than Kawhi, AD, Kuzma, Zubac and BI? Which team do you think is better for us in the long run? Take your feelings for lebron out of the equation and think about what's best for the franchise and winning a championship. Get rid of lebron and you also have a better chance at signing Klay or KD, but no way they are coming here with him on the team.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Also depends on how likely we get a FA, Maginka need to figure that out. If it's a no go, then you trade for AD keeping as many assets as you can. Then you sign a lower tier FA or 2.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
YSong wrote:
kwase wrote:

I have no clue why you would think they're mind boggling. You think lebron, AD, Rondo, Mcghee and Chandler is better than Kawhi, AD, Kuzma, Zubac and BI? Which team do you think is better for us in the long run? Take your feelings for lebron out of the equation and think about what's best for the franchise and winning a championship. Get rid of lebron and you also have a better chance at signing Klay or KD, but no way they are coming here with him on the team.

A Lebron for AD swap would open an additional $10M in cap space.

This is actually the best idea.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
YSong wrote:
kwase wrote:

"Take your feelings for LeBron out of the equation"

Says the guy who (bleep) talks the guy at every opportunity, you should take your bias out of the equation and see that the Lakers aren't going to give up what they just got in FA.

You haters are hilarious.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
kwase wrote:
YSong wrote:
kwase wrote:

"Take your feelings for LeBron out of the equation"

Says the guy who (bleep) talks the guy at every opportunity, you should take your bias out of the equation and see that the Lakers aren't going to give up what they just got in FA.

You haters are hilarious.

I'm not a fan of this generation calling people a hater when they are critical of someone. My scenario would make the Lakers a better team long and short term. No, I'm not a fan of the guy but that has nothing to do with wanting my Lakers to be on top again. Calling us Kobe stans and haters isn't fair IMO. A lot of us just want what's best for the team and do n't believe he gives us that, especially if other All-Stars feel the same and don't want to play with him. AD would be a great addition, but trading all our youth away to appease him is short-sighted.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

It's never a good thing when your star player becomes a GM
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
YSong wrote:
kwase wrote:

Now they’re just NBA2K bonkers

Yah Kawhi sure. Trade LBJ ... yes .000000001% of that happening

Yeah so I think my mind boggling description is spot on
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

First of all I do not think he is top 5 player but that is not so important.

I would trade him for the right price and I would never give up BI, Lonzo and Kuz for him. No way. That is too much and not worthy. I would rather have these three than AD. The are combining 46,1p, 16,1rb, 10,9as. That is much more that AD can give you. I know its not maybe a good way to look at this situation like that but the price is just too high.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

I would trade after we sign a max player, sticking to our best case scenario.

Some people fall to the trap that this is young core VS AD without thinking the potential max free agent we could sign. So this is actually young core + max free agent VS AD + second tire free agents. There will be teams throwing max money to second tire free agents so we wouldn’t know which players are actually available.

The second trap people fall to is to think by trading for AD now we have less competition. Although Celtics can’t trade for AD right now, it doesn’t mean we are not competing with them. I am sure they would be generous and tell the Pelicans they would include every assets in the trade just to have the opportunity for a bidding war in summer.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
kwase wrote:
YSong wrote:
kwase wrote:

Now they’re just NBA2K bonkers

Yah Kawhi sure. Trade LBJ ... yes .000000001% of that happening

Yeah so I think my mind boggling description is spot on

Ok I get where you're coming from now. There's no chance of it happening that's for sure, but I still believe it's much better for the team if it did.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

Disclosure: I am not a Pelicans fan, and not that familiar with their players, including Anthony Davis. I am a Lakers fan, and more familiar with the players on our roster. That said, my only misgiving when the Lakers signed LBJ was that he has a history of remaking the teams he joins, and I liked the players and coach we had in place. I was assured at the time that he liked our young players very much and that gave me some piece of mind.
Silly me.
All I can say at this point is this whole thing reminds me of trading Eddie Jones for Glen Rice, which everyone at the time assured me was a great move, and many still think so. I liked Jones, never cared much for Rice, and I have found over the years that many times the best moves we have made are the ones we failed to make.
I really hope if Davis ever comes to the Lakers, it doesn't cost us all of the players I know, care about and root for.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:
ex lakers blossom somewhere else.And i m not sure even if we ll have our draft pick

And within those 5-6 years we'd hopefully have 2 to 3 championship rings and be legitimate contenders all those years. Also AD is only 25yrs old. He would attract other stars.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Glen Rice from 3 pt 1997 47% FT% 86.7%
Glen Rice from 3 pt 1998 43.3% FT% 84.9%
TRADE
Glen Rice from 3 pt 1999 39.3% FT% 85.6%
Glen Rice from 3 pt 2000 36.7% FT% 87.4%

Eddie Jones from 3 pt 1997 39.1% FT% 81.9%
Eddie Jones from 3 pt 1998 38.9% FT% 76.5%
TRADE
Eddie Jones from 3 pt 1999 33.8% FT% 78.2%
Eddie Jones from 3 pt 2000 37.5% FT% 86.4%

I remember being excited about getting Glen Rice but I also remembered being disappointed with him later even though he helped us win a title. I think Shaq almost singlehandedly won it for us that year... both Glen and Kobe had kind of a mediocre final series.

We didn't have the same access to stats... at least I didn't know where to look back then other than reading the paper... but man how our standards have fallen.

We upgraded our "mediocre" young 39% 3 pt shooter for a veteran 43% shooter

Man what we wouldn't give for a 39% shooter right now.

But Eddie was having a slump that year after two all stars seasons so I get why we did it... even though I really liked Eddie.

Trading Eddie with Elden for Glen Rice made sense... Glen was probably a top ten player that season... best shooter in the league that previous season. But we didn't have to trade an entire core for him.

It was a reasonable trade.

I'm hoping Klutch doesn't force us into an unreasonable trade.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kwase wrote:
YSong wrote:
kwase wrote:

A Lebron for AD swap would open an additional $10M in cap space.

This is actually the best idea.

You may have a point here. We're not beating the Warriors this year, and likely not next year. So, maybe season 3 is when the Warriors start to falter. But by then, Lebron will be 37 years old! Even the great Dwayne Wade is retiring at 37.

I think this Lebron for Anthony Davis thing needs to get some discussion. A straight up trade. We get a young superstar and we keep our young core. THAT is how you build a dynasty.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you think that what they have right now is somehow better than AD, Lebron, max FA and the rest of the roster filled with free agents? I'd argue that waiting for our young guys to turn into anything other than complimentary pieces is a pretty long shot.

No, I'm saying that a roster of 35 y/o Lebron, AD, FA signing and a bunch of fill ins does not have great odds of getting past the Warriors in the West, or the Celtics in a championship next year. Who's the FA anyway? Kyrie or Kawhi would be ideal, but there's no guarantee they come here as FA.

The advantage we had with Kobe/Shaq was that they were both young and we had time to construct a team around them. Lebron has a short window to win a title, and I'm more in favor of building a team that will contend for a decade over one that has a title window of 2-3 years then it's back to the drawing board.

If the thought process is leverage the fact that Lebron is here to land a player we can build around for the next decade, well okay ... I just don't see championships in the near future with a 34 year old Lebron if we gut the roster to try to land AD in the next week.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Anyone who doesn't want AD, hasn't been here for the last 6 years. I guess the tank commanders want to keep their lg posting jobs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: