LAKERS -at- THUNDER – 1-17-19 - Game Thread (6:30PM PT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
I'm honestly embarrassed to call myself a Laker fan after some of you turncoats Immediately crap on a Laker, ANY Laker-rather than point out the refs made a bad call.
Zo didn't foul Russ in the act, you're being intellectually dishonest to yourselves if you think otherwise.
You should be ashamed.
Embarrassing, Mr Mcgoo type of stuff here.

While I agree with you that he wasn't in the act, Lonzo still made that way too close. There was just no reason to foul him that late. They should have fouled him when he was still 40 feet from the basket. The time was of no real consequence, at that point. Just take the foul. Don't make it close at all.

I don't understand the strategy of fouling to prevent a 3 point shot. Players almost never make those panicked three pointers and even if they do, the worst case scenario is a tie game where you get the ball back for the final shot.

If you take the logic to it’s natural conclusion, teams should be fouling the other team even more if they’re only up by 2, since a 3 would not just tie but would actually beat you. I agree, fouling is generally dumb except in specific circumstances (less than 5 seconds on the clock, no timeouts for he other team, your team is a much superior ft shooting team than the opponent, etc).
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

Westbrick is only in the first year of his massive 5-year contract. If he became another Melo where he got his last huge contract and disappear, then OKC would be in so much (bleep) for the next five years since it would be impossible to trade him. 33% of cap space tied up in a non-impact player. (Actually, he IS impacting the game but not in a positive way Can you imagine your highest paid player was the cause of a losing game? )

Paul George might be having the biggest regret of his life.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

All those killing Zo... NBA admitted to mistake.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

Laker Centers combined for 36 points!

As Stu says: "That will get it done!"
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Laker Centers combined for 36 points!

As Stu says: ̶"̶T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶!̶"̶

or "Those two missed free throws almost cost them the game."
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
Fracture wrote:
That was before. Not a 3.

That was so in the act.

He was literally in the act as Lonzo fouled him.

WHAT IN THE (bleep).

No he was not

YES HE WAS!!!!!!!!

It's like Lonzo thought "so long as I foul him before he gets the shot off".

He was in the act. PERIOD.

WRONG.

https://twitter.com/nbaofficial/status/1086150155143864323?s=12

Well that's embarrassing.

So funny... I hate when people on the board talk in absolutes!! Not just embarrassing. .... Humiliating...lo
P-n-G Brigade
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

Awesome thanks VicXLakers! You rock

VicXLakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
P-n-G Brigade wrote:
Nice win but my DVR cut out recording it 1/2 way through and I did watch it live. Is there anywhere I can catch the replay since it was on TNT??? Gotta see this game!

http://nbahd.net/

http://nbaall.co/

http://nbaall.co/3174/los-angeles-lakers-vs-oklahoma-city-thunder-jan-17-2019.html
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
I'm honestly embarrassed to call myself a Laker fan after some of you turncoats Immediately crap on a Laker, ANY Laker-rather than point out the refs made a bad call.
Zo didn't foul Russ in the act, you're being intellectually dishonest to yourselves if you think otherwise.
You should be ashamed.

While I agree with you that he wasn't in the act, Lonzo still made that way too close. There was just no reason to foul him that late. They should have fouled him when he was still 40 feet from the basket. The time was of no real consequence, at that point. Just take the foul. Don't make it close at all.

I don't understand the strategy of fouling to prevent a 3 point shot. Players almost never make those panicked three pointers and even if they do, the worst case scenario is a tie game where you get the ball back for the final shot.

Tim Thomas says hi.

Ugh! Did you have to bring that up?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
You should be ashamed.

If you take the logic to it’s natural conclusion, teams should be fouling the other team even more if they’re only up by 2, since a 3 would not just tie but would actually beat you. I agree, fouling is generally dumb except in specific circumstances (less than 5 seconds on the clock, no timeouts for he other team, your team is a much superior ft shooting team than the opponent, etc).

That is not the logical conclusion of that strategy. The two scenarios aren't comparable because in one of them the opposing team is down by 3 and HAS to shoot a three. In the other scenario they're down 2 and have the option of going for the tie or going for the win. Not sure what to tell you if you don't understand why those two scenarios are drastically different.
dr. buss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Im surprised the Thunder or any team for that matter have not gone to the hack a Zo.

Chick Hearn Wazzup
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

i got in random okc forums and sites. Believe me, our piss and moan is nothing compared to theirs!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Rachel Nichols
@Rachel__Nichols

Was the Lakers win over the Thunder a turning point for LA’s young core? Does it signal a downswing for OKC? Or is it just gonna turn out to be 1 of 82?
7:38 PM - 18 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/1086468008048963584
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
You should be ashamed.

That is not the logical conclusion of that strategy. The two scenarios aren't comparable because in one of them the opposing team is down by 3 and HAS to shoot a three. In the other scenario they're down 2 and have the option of going for the tie or going for the win. Not sure what to tell you if you don't understand why those two scenarios are drastically different.

Dude, if you’re terrified of a team hitting a three to tie the game to the point where you’d foul them, you should be even more scared of a team hitting a three to win the game. If the three were so likely to be hit, teams that were down two would also be idiots for not going for the three to win the game instead of a two to just tie it. The three in a desperation situation just isn’t likely to be hit, so fouling to shut down even the possibility just of get into a ft shooting contest can be dumb unless there are specific circumstances (very little time left and the other team has no timeouts to stop the clock and advance the ball).

Especially for our team, where we are the worst ft shooting team in the league, wanting to get into a ft shooting contest (which is what fouling essentially does unless there is very little time left) is one of the last things we should want to do. If we miss even a single ft, which is far more likely for most of our guys minus KCP (who teams who have even mildly glanced at a scouting report should know they need to double team on any in bounds to make sure someone else catches the ball), all of a sudden it’s a high likelihood the lead is only 2 then.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Royce Young
ESPN Staff Writer

OKC's bench has become a simmering issue as of late, and with Billy Donovan trying a few new rotational tweaks, it still let a double-digit lead slip to finish out the first quarter in Philly. The primary issue: Dennis Schroder has been slumping a little the last couple weeks.

NBA 20m
socalfan21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

You just knew overtime was not going to be exciting
socalfan21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Oh Kuzma... god bless
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67
Page 67 of 67
Jump to: