Gilette ad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

di·vi·sive
/dəˈvīsiv/Submit
adjective
tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
My opinion, and it’s only my opinion, is that the people who hate the add tend to be among the demographic that makes the ad meaningful. And that demographic tends to dislike things that are not only not made specifically for them, but portray them less than reverentially.

Maybe, but what about the demographic that likes the ad? They like seeing the other demographic disparaged. You can say the same thing about anything that is divisive. If you approve of the message, then you disapprove of the people who react negatively to the message.

As I said before, just because some people react negatively to something it doesn't make that thing "divisive". There was nothing divisive about the ad in either content or execution.

This is what MAGA hatters say in response to commentary that Trump is divisive. Are they right?

More people are reacting negatively to this than 99.99999% of the 5 billion videos among it. It is already one of the most unpopular videos ever made.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

It’s like people yelling at others about how positive and effective a PSA on not yelling is.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
It’s like people yelling at others about how positive and effective a PSA on not yelling is.

No doubt

Listen to me, toxic masculinity is bad!

Got that? I don’t care what you think...

Quit rationalizing...

Toxic masculinity is bad, that’s all you need to know

The sooner u relent, the sooner we can get along.

Why do u make me insult u?

It’s not me it’s u. U say ridiculous nonsensical things so I have to put u down.

Toxic masculinity is bad, got it?

See what u made me do? Now I have to use toxic masculinity to illustrate how toxic it is. Now I’m going to be insulting, confrontational and dismissive. And hopefully, you’ll get that toxic masculinity is bad!

And remember, if a woman has different viewpoints than yours - don’t be confrontational, insulting, nor dismissive. Got it? Cuz toxic masculinity is bad.

Hey DaMuleRules, you ever disagree with a woman’s viewpoints? Are you equally as confrontational, dismissive, and insulting? Do you reply with laughter and mockery?

You know, your stance that every dissenting opinion should be mocked. You know, there might be female dissenting opinions out there that you condone mocking at. Yeah, clearly not the message of the ad.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

A Woman Set's Em Straight
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
A Woman Set's Em Straight

Dissenting opinion. Mock her!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8
Jump to: