Check out the body language of the team..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Check out the body language of the team..

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/afshwn/the_lakers_looking_depressed_as_hell_as_they_lose/

That really hit me hard , they look super depressed and disappointed.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Hart and Kuz have been talking themselves up, how they were more than just Lebron, how they can play the right way (unselfish), how they can play freely, how they have the ball in their hands more so they can score more points. I think this is a much needed sample of reality.

Luke looks like the players just delivered him a gut punch, because that's what they did.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Ya like a trade is going to help.

Something big going down tomorrow
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

They should be pissed and not sleep tonight
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Lets see how they respond. Either they lose confidence and swag or they rise up to the occasion.

and fire Luke!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
Lets see how they respond. Either they lose confidence and swag or they rise up to the occasion.

and fire Luke!

They're gonna bounce back next game but then lay another egg the game after that, and then what? The team's been doing it all year. They only really try hard after a subpar performance so they never could stay consistent.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Check out the body language of the team..

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/afshwn/the_lakers_looking_depressed_as_hell_as_they_lose/

That really hit me hard , they look super depressed and disappointed.

Chick Hearn wazup
Just need a smile.

That is a depressing video. They all look like they lost a big bet or just ashamed
Of the doo doo they left on the floor
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

That looked like that would be a clip just before the beginning of an ‘80s training montage to get back to the top.

But seriously, they know it’s bad losing to the cavs and shooting like they did. The thing that stood out to me through the game was the crowd booing. I don’t remember a recent time where it happened as frequently as tonight like a unified, “this is unacceptable for the Laker standard” from the crowd.

Hope LeBron and Rondo get back soon, we’re slowly drowning without them out there.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject:

This “team” hasn’t lived up to the Laker standard since Kobe retired.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
This “team” hasn’t lived up to the Laker standard since Kobe retired.

The last couple of years with Kobe were pretty bad. I'm talking from '13 to '16
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject:

Luke was a average coach. average player. what did they expect? Even Mike Brown looked great coaching the Warriors in Kerr's absence last year.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject:

Rob Pelinka was not feeling it last night. Changes are coming...
https://twitter.com/lojomedia/status/1084675395041914882?s=21
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

Well the game was mathematically over by this point.

If they were like that with 5 mins to go, we’d have a bigger problem
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Rob Pelinka was not feeling it last night. Changes are coming...
https://twitter.com/lojomedia/status/1084675395041914882?s=21

That’s not a good body language... no low ball offer Rob, best poker face, get AD
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject:

Hart is in a shooting slump, but at least he does try, and he does other things. I don't blame him. Ingram had a good game, but his missed free throws continue to hurt the team. Kuz is Kuz, always tries, can score, defense is suspect. Ball cant make layups, dunks, short rangers, mid rangers, or 3 point shots, but Magic Johnson said he doesn't need to shoot the ball well, so he'll get a pass.

For the first time, I seriously think Luke Walton's job is in jeopardy. Something has to give here, and Luke is the easiest target. I look for Luke Walton to be fired any day now...
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject:

Obviously this team is made up of a lot of complimentary pieces. I'm sorry to say that wins are defined by skill set alone, if that was the case there would be a lot more teams with better records.

This team lacks Leadership, especially on the floor. Its easy to point the finger on the coaches, but the fact of the matter is they aren't playing the game.

LBJ and Rondo are the defacto leaders on the court, Make-Em-Dance Lance is probably one of the most skilled players on this team, but no leadership skills on the floor.

A true floor leader will help you in the pick-and-roll, will hedge on screens, call out the slip, backdoor, lobs, and get everyone moving and flowing in the offense, etc. Without those two on the floor this team is mediocre at best.

I believe a trade should go down and most of all the young guys should expendable...
Zo+Hart+BI+Kuz+KCP+Zu+Svi+Wagner+ whoever else not named LeBron or Rondo in my opinion.

Kuzma is the only one I would give a second thought to, but chemistry is everything on a team and redundancy doesn't always pan out the way it should.

A trade for another superstar needs to happen and happen fast or else there won't be any playoffs this season in this tough Western Conference.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Obviously this team is made up of a lot of complimentary pieces. I'm sorry to say that wins are defined by skill set alone, if that was the case there would be a lot more teams with better records.

This team lacks Leadership, especially on the floor. Its easy to point the finger on the coaches, but the fact of the matter is they aren't playing the game.

LBJ and Rondo are the defacto leaders on the court, Make-Em-Dance Lance is probably one of the most skilled players on this team, but no leadership skills on the floor.

A true floor leader will help you in the pick-and-roll, will hedge on screens, call out the slip, backdoor, lobs, and get everyone moving and flowing in the offense, etc. Without those two on the floor this team is mediocre at best.

I believe a trade should go down and most of all the young guys should expendable...
Zo+Hart+BI+Kuz+KCP+Zu+Svi+Wagner+ whoever else not named LeBron or Rondo in my opinion.

Kuzma is the only one I would give a second thought to, but chemistry is everything on a team and redundancy doesn't always pan out the way it should.

A trade for another superstar needs to happen and happen fast or else there won't be any playoffs this season in this tough Western Conference.

You kind of answered your own question though. There are no impressive enough pieces here to trade for an All-Star. You have to be a complete incompetent GM to trade an All-Star for any combination of Kuz, BI, Zo or Hart. These guys are role players and nothing more at this point.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

Last year we had Randle/brook/IT3 creating/hitting shots for us so the young guys looked good. Earlier in year we had bron so they looked good. Now they are realizing they aren’t as good as they think they are. Losing to nyk and Cleveland at home is embarrassing.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

wait til they get demolished by the young bulls tomorrow.

Lavine and Markkanen will be feasting big time tomorrow. Game will probably be over and done with by the end of the first quarter with a huge Bulls lead.

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:

Lavine and Markkanen will be feasting big time tomorrow. Game will probably be over and done with by the end of the first quarter with a huge Bulls lead.

everyone draft before Kuz is getting tired of the 'steal of the draft' talk
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:

We are going to route da Bulls.
Swagron
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:

See the bold? I agree with you. Isn’t that Ball’s job. You would think if the can’t or won’t shoot, he could do some of those things. Rondo is the backup. He shouldn’t be depended upon to do all these thing. I agree sell now, before this cores value gets even worse..
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject:

Changes
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: