CAVS -at- LAKERS – 1-13-19 - Game Thread (6:30PM PT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 9384

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
https://streamable.com/eapik
Pelinka is speechless and shaken.


The key question is whether he carries any influence over Jeannie's handling of Luke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 1206

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Not all coaching. It is the players. They need Lebron so bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 4597

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
If this doesn't get Puke fired nothing will


Lakers are a joke because their owner is a joke. Now I know how Brown fans feel.


Jeanie and Luke are probably a thing. Luke ain't going anywhere.


Yea, when the owner is bad, there's nothing we can do as a fan since the owner can't fire herself. Just have to suck it up until she hopefully figures it out. Still no winning season under her watch. So sad.
_________________
#TrustThePlan


Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 5512

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

It's not a coaching problem, it's a player personnel problem. Without Rondo and LeBron, this team is god awful. Can't hit a shot to save their lives, offense is ugly. Anytime KCP touches the ball around 3-point territory it's cringeworthy, and my hope is that all the cries and chants of "DON'T SHOOT" from the multitudes of Lakers fans will finally break through the walls of Staples Center right when he touches the damn ball.


Holy hell someone make a shot.
_________________
"We are the goodest." - Shaq ESPN interview
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 1305

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Remember in pre-season when BI was supposed to make this HIS year and make that jump? Lol


BOOM!!!!

I was wondering how long it would take for so en e to try and (bleep) talk Brandon in a nIght where was AGAIN one of the only bright spots lmfaoooo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TMG
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 1192

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Sorry, but it's not all about Lebron. We can't even beat crappy teams.

It's tells you the FO put together a crap team with NO shooters.

You need shooters in the NBA

You're an idiot to think otherwise

FO had failed with these signings...YOU NEED SHOOTERS!!!!!!!!!

You need shooters

You need shooters

Luke and Magic are setting up everyone to fail


But we've got multiple ball handlers, and we're going to outrun our opponents!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 1518

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
https://streamable.com/eapik
Pelinka is speechless and shaken.


Was that tonite?

Yup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 26571

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Lost to NY and an undermanned Cavs team at home in the last week. Wow.
Tells u a lot about the untouchable core of young budding mega stars we have


Last edited by KobeDunk on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 9828
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
https://streamable.com/eapik
Pelinka is speechless and shaken.


He got that Mamba Mentality. Tough loss.
Rob ready to fire Luke and possibly make a few trades.


In Rob we Trust!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperNutZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Dec 2018
Posts: 128

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
If this doesn't get Puke fired nothing will


Lakers are a joke because their owner is a joke. Now I know how Brown fans feel.


Jeanie and Luke are probably a thing. Luke ain't going anywhere.


Yea, when the owner is bad, there's nothing we can do as a fan since the owner can't fire herself. Just have to suck it up until she hopefully figures it out. Still no winning season under her watch. So sad.


I didn't know Jeanie was on the court.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 19587
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

The truth is the glue guy is a big part of why we're struggling. The glue that oozed from Josh Hart has lost its adhesion under the sun. He has been shooting 30% and under 20% from threes in the last 7 games. He has these atrocious three point shooting games: 1-8 against OKC, 1-9 against NY, and 1-8 tonight against the Cavs.

He's a big part of the motor, especially with Bron injured, and he has been sputtering.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 9384

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

I begged for us to sign and draft shooters... and all the analytics guys assured me that it's all about length and switchable defense.

Give me old fashioned shooting and free throws over this hipster concept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 May 2018
Posts: 1206

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Well we are missing our two best players
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 4585

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
How the (bleep) do you lose a game to the Cavs when you’re fighting for the 8 seed?


Could it be possible that without Bron, the Cavs are actually better than us?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cthroatgtr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Aug 2005
Posts: 923

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Why doesn't the team have a shooting coach? 3pt shooting awful. FT shooting awful. Pretty much the mark of needing a shooting coach. Magic did the team no favors in the off season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 25075

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Trade everyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 15816
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
It's not a coaching problem, it's a player personnel problem. Without Rondo and LeBron, this team is god awful. Can't hit a shot to save their lives, offense is ugly. Anytime KCP touches the ball around 3-point territory it's cringeworthy, and my hope is that all the cries and chants of "DON'T SHOOT" from the multitudes of Lakers fans will finally break through the walls of Staples Center right when he touches the damn ball.


Holy hell someone make a shot.


Coaching is PART of the problem, but not all of it, sure. But watch other teams. Even bad teams. They just get better looks, because they actually run sophisticated sets. We do not. So without LeBron, look at the type of shots we are getting. Things feel forced, it feels like it's hard to make a basket. This coaching staff is absolutely a problem, at least on offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 19587
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I begged for us to sign and draft shooters... and all the analytics guys assured me that it's all about length and switchable defense.

Give me old fashioned shooting and free throws over this hipster concept.


I thought the league had already moved to that direction. I didn't know it was a concept until Maginka introduced us to it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TMG
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 1192

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Not all coaching. It is the players. They need Lebron so bad.


Are the Lakers better than the Cavs? better than the Knicks? If the problem is Luke doesn't have Lebron then a big chunk of the problem is coaching. Why did the Cavs look infinetly better than us throughout the whole game? Why do we play with absolutely no energy from the start? If the problem for Luke is that he doesn't have Lebron he needs to haul his ass out here.

Hell Atinkson would be Gold for this team along with his staff would make wonders.


Last edited by TMG on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1474

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Again, there's no way you can fire Luke Walton while Lebron and Rondo are hurt. Luke's employment will be based on how the Lakers play when at full strength.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cthroatgtr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Aug 2005
Posts: 923

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

KCP should be getting more minutes than Hart. Hart's 3pt slump is killing the Lakers. 1-8 stop shooting the 3pt shot if it isn't falling. OMG painful to watch. Lakers are easy to guard. Pack the paint dare them to beat you from the 3pt line. If they drive foul them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 5512

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
It's not a coaching problem, it's a player personnel problem. Without Rondo and LeBron, this team is god awful. Can't hit a shot to save their lives, offense is ugly. Anytime KCP touches the ball around 3-point territory it's cringeworthy, and my hope is that all the cries and chants of "DON'T SHOOT" from the multitudes of Lakers fans will finally break through the walls of Staples Center right when he touches the damn ball.


Holy hell someone make a shot.


Coaching is PART of the problem, but not all of it, sure. But watch other teams. Even bad teams. They just get better looks, because they actually run sophisticated sets. We do not. So without LeBron, look at the type of shots we are getting. Things feel forced, it feels like it's hard to make a basket. This coaching staff is absolutely a problem, at least on offense.


Even with the coaching these players wouldn't be able to improve. The best coaching in the world can't help these guys.
_________________
"We are the goodest." - Shaq ESPN interview
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 19587
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
How the (bleep) do you lose a game to the Cavs when you’re fighting for the 8 seed?


Could it be possible that without Bron, the Cavs are actually better than us?


They don't even have Love. But a lot was sacrificed to get Bron here and summer flexibility. If we maintained status quo and didn't make "splashes" then we would be better with guys like Randle and Russell still being here... compared to the Cavs that is.


Last edited by Runway8 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 9384

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Again, there's no way you can fire Luke Walton while Lebron and Rondo are hurt. Luke's employment will be based on how the Lakers play when at full strength.


I don't know about you... but I could.

I said nothing after New York... but this was absolutely unacceptable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 4585

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Teams take on the personality of their coach...Luke is likeable, chill, never displays much intensity...sound like a team we know?


I do see a team that strongly resembles your comment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB