2 Scandinavian female tourists executed in Morocco
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: 2 Scandinavian female tourists executed in Morocco

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/africa/morocco-scandinavian-tourists-murder-intl/index.html

beheaded

Last edited by Huey Lewis & The News on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Killed by Terrorists...

very sad..

The thread header looked like the Moroccan Government carried this out...
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Morocco is one of the most progressive Muslim states, shame these terrorists are damaging that reputation.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

I think I read somewhere that the killers sent their mother video of their partially beheaded bodies on Facebook. Disgusting.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Title is wrong - one Danish girl, one Norwegian girl

Also:

Quote:
Police in Norway said on Friday that footage circulating on social media showing a woman in underpants screaming as a man decapitates her with what appears to be a kitchen knife was likely authentic.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Just two life-loving people wanting to experience the world.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Just two life-loving people wanting to experience the world.

2 girls, hiking backpacking, camping alone up in the mountains. I read the 3 men targeted/stalked them. Saw where they were camping and pitched a tent 600 yds away from them. They were victims but they were also extremely vulnerable.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
They were victims but

but? no
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject:

the sketchiest place id ever backpack to is a state park. better safe than sorry
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
They were victims but

but? no

Yup, you could only say that if you would have felt comfortable with your daughters hiking/camping/backpacking like that.

Those girls were targeted/stalked. They were extremely vulnerable - 2 girls alone in a remote area.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
They were victims but

but? no

Yup, you could only say that if you would have felt comfortable with your daughters hiking/camping/backpacking like that.

Those girls were targeted/stalked. They were extremely vulnerable - 2 girls alone in a remote area.

Let's not victim blame.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
They were victims but

but? no

Let's not victim blame.

Ok. Let's not talk about it. Just think it in your head. Maybe discuss it in private. (Probably should have moved that comment over to the unpopular/non-pc thread).
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
They were victims but

but? no

Let's not victim blame.

Ok. Let's not talk about it. Just think it in your head. Maybe discuss it in private. (Probably should have moved that comment over to the unpopular/non-pc thread).

I didn't mean to be dismissing of or invalidate your opinion. Allow me to elaborate on what I meant to say.

I'm just saying we don't know enough about what happened and it's always easy to predict an outcome after something happens.

The women were seen with 3 men at their hotel (nothing confirms if it is the same 3 men). Then they went to a remote area that also happens to be a starting point for hiking a mountain.

It seems like they were simply going hiking and some terrible people took advantage of their vulnerability. I don't think it's their fault; people of both sexes go hiking all the time and nothing like this ever happens.

I just don't think something like this would be comparable to what happened with the missionary and those native islanders a few weeks back. These women [from what we know] didn't willingly walk into a dangerous situation, they were doing an ordinary activity and became victims of a terrorist attack. The blame lies the attackers only, IMO.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Fwiw, if they had been men they would have been just as vulnerable.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
They were victims but

but? no

Let's not victim blame.

I didn't mean to be dismissing of or invalidate your opinion. Allow me to elaborate on what I meant to say.

I'm just saying we don't know enough about what happened and it's always easy to predict an outcome after something happens.

The women were seen with 3 men at their hotel (nothing confirms if it is the same 3 men). Then they went to a remote area that also happens to be a starting point for hiking a mountain.

It seems like they were simply going hiking and some terrible people took advantage of their vulnerability. I don't think it's their fault; people of both sexes go hiking all the time and nothing like this ever happens.

I just don't think something like this would be comparable to what happened with the missionary and those native islanders a few weeks back. These women [from what we know] didn't willingly walk into a dangerous situation, they were doing an ordinary activity and became victims of a terrorist attack. The blame lies the attackers only, IMO.

See, that's where you went awry. No one is assigning fault or blame. The world is full of bad people. It's up to us to take as much precaution as possible.

Here's what I've read so far:

1) Louisa Veterager Jespersen was a 24-year-old tourist who came from Denmark to hike the highest mountain in North Africa, Mount Toubkal.

2) Now this is not a one day trek. It involves overnight tent camping. I think this is a remote trek. Not alot of traffic.

3) They were only 2 girls trekking alone. No guides, no one else. I read one account that they pitched a tent in some random place and these three men followed/stalked them and pitched a tent 600 yds away.

4) They were found by some french hikers. They found them in their tent, one girl inside the tent and one girl outside the tent. The hikers ran down to the nearest remote village and alerted all of the other hikers to not go up there.

5) Before Louisa left, her mother said in an interview that she pleaded with her daughter to avoid Morocco “because of the chaotic situation.”

6) If those girls had somehow escaped that situation alive, they probably would have been the first to say that they put themselves in a vulnerable position by going on this trek.

I get it. It's wrong to say something negative against people that have lost their lives. I get it. It triggers people. But they were extremely vulnerable. And it's not just for girls, it's for guys too. Anytime you're camping alone in some remote area, you're vulnerable. That's probably why they have tour groups that make this trek. But these girls were students - probably on a budget. I get it. They couldn't afford to go with an expensive tour. So they chose to solo backpack with 2 girls. And that makes them vulnerable. And it's not to blame them. It's just to paint a picture. They were easy prey for these guys.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
They were victims but

but? no

Let's not victim blame.
what like they victim blamed that guy that got killed by the remote tribe?

is this the exact same thing? nope. but are their similarities? sure. women hiking alone aint safe no matter where you go. sure sometimes you come out alive. which is great. but it still aint safe. i wish it were so people wouldnt have to think about that type of stuff, but we all know thats not the safest thing to do. and yet they are still victims. because they didnt go asking to be harmed. they went as someone said to "enjoy life".
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fwiw, if they had been men they would have been just as vulnerable.
not true . but yes they would have still been very vulnerable.

if there was a gun involved.just as vulnerable. if its hand to hand, strength for strength. unless these ladies are trained. then not as vulnerable but still highly vulnerable.
emililadjet
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Danish female tourists executed in Morocco

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/africa/morocco-scandinavian-tourists-murder-intl/index.html

beheaded

No my friend, a Danish girl and a Norwegian girl
emililadjet
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Killed by Terrorists...

very sad..

The thread header looked like the Moroccan Government carried this out...

I am Spanish and I am currently in Morocco and completely at the place where the two girls were killed, what I can confirm to you, that the people who did this have a relationship with the CIA and their daughter Daish.

Morocco is like a forest there is not a real Government
emililadjet
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Morocco is one of the most progressive Muslim states, shame these terrorists are damaging that reputation.

Morocco has no relationship with Islam, Moroccans do not have any religions. Islam is the best religion and I like it a lot
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
According to the head of Morocco's central office for judicial investigation, Abdelhak Khiam, the gang members went to a popular tourist hiking area to hunt victims for two days before the murder.

Quote:
Tourists 'targeted'

Two days before the murders, they allegedly went to the Imlil region "because it is frequented by foreigners" and "targeted the two tourists in a deserted area", he added.

Man, 2 days of hunting for victims. Guess there was going to be a murder there no matter what, just a matter of who the victims were going to be.

It took them 2 days to hunt for victims though. Imagine if you were a hiker around that area 2 days before this murder. You're sooooo lucky.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

More details from this youtube video:

Quote:
They had stayed in a hostel where they encountered a local mountain guide, Rachid Imerhade, who said he had cautioned them about camping alone on their planned ascent of the Toubkal mountain

Quote:
Louisa Vesterrager Jespersen, on Nov 21 - wrote on her facebook:

Dear friends, im going to Morocco in december. Any of you guys whos around by then or any mountain friends who knows something about Mount Toubkal?

And some more info from Quora: https://www.quora.com/Why-did-the-two-tourist-girls-get-killed-in-Morocco

Quote:
The two girls came for climbing the mountain, but they arrived there a bit late. According to some Moroccan reports, the girls were advised by some locals to return to their hotel and came back the following day earlier. The girls, however, took the hard decision and decided to stay their night in the middle of the forest. They could have returned to the city, or they could have spent the night in one of the local houses. People are accustomed to receiving tourists there at reasonable prices, or at least, they could have made their tent near the village in case something wrong happened they would have found some people to help. Sadly, they decided to stay the night in the middle of nowhere and without a guide.

Quote:
We do not know how they were caught, the rumor is that being from Marrakesh they did not fit in with the local Berbers of Imlil (the town near Mount Toukbal). So when word of the murders spread, the locals informed the police that 4 suspicious men were seen in the town.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
They were victims but

but? no

Let's not victim blame.

Reminds me of an American couple who biked across the world. There was a yuge NYT article about their lives/beliefs/fates. Read the whole thing. On 7/29/18, they were in Tajikistan when a pack of uglies in a car, professing allegiance to ISIS, ran over a group of riders including the couple, killing them both and two other riders. After ramming them, they attacked the victims with axes and knives. They spotted them, knew they were Westerners (latex shorts in Tajikistan? cmon) and rammed them. Half the comments supported them living life, life itself contains risk, etc. Other half were wtf were they in Tajikistan? I'm more the latter. You're just asking to be a target in that part of the world, so you'd better at least realize that if you do go.

Most of the people you meet in one of those countries may be nice/humble/poor-but-giving, but it's the terrorists, maaan. It's sad, but ever so true (to quote Horry, "You betta read da papa uh somethin..."). The pyramid sites in Egypt haven't even been jihad proofed. A group of Westerners were killed in a bombing by a terrorist in one of them and iirc that was pre 9/11. Parts of the old world are great if not for the terrorist uglies. And you just know most of them need a louse comb just by looking at them.

That said, Murica and Mexico aren't too safe in some places either. There are a lot of places around the world that need good guys with guns.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
emililadjet
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
According to the head of Morocco's central office for judicial investigation, Abdelhak Khiam, the gang members went to a popular tourist hiking area to hunt victims for two days before the murder.

Quote:
Tourists 'targeted'

Two days before the murders, they allegedly went to the Imlil region "because it is frequented by foreigners" and "targeted the two tourists in a deserted area", he added.

Man, 2 days of hunting for victims. Guess there was going to be a murder there no matter what, just a matter of who the victims were going to be.

It took them 2 days to hunt for victims though. Imagine if you were a hiker around that area 2 days before this murder. You're sooooo lucky.

the mistake made by these two Scandinavian tourist girls, that it is believed that Morocco is like Denmark and Norway. while Morocco is a very dangerous country and especially for blond women. sometimes we see women rapists in the streets and nobody can do something
emililadjet
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
They were victims but

but? no

Let's not victim blame.

Reminds me of an American couple who biked across the world. There was a yuge NYT article about their lives/beliefs/fates. Read the whole thing. On 7/29/18, they were in Tajikistan when a pack of uglies in a car, professing allegiance to ISIS, ran over a group of riders including the couple, killing them both and two other riders. After ramming them, they attacked the victims with axes and knives. They spotted them, knew they were Westerners (latex shorts in Tajikistan? cmon) and rammed them. Half the comments supported them living life, life itself contains risk, etc. Other half were wtf were they in Tajikistan? I'm more the latter. You're just asking to be a target in that part of the world, so you'd better at least realize that if you do go.

Most of the people you meet in one of those countries may be nice/humble/poor-but-giving, but it's the terrorists, maaan. It's sad, but ever so true (to quote Horry, "You betta read da papa uh somethin..."). The pyramid sites in Egypt haven't even been fatwa proofed. A group of Westerners were killed in a bombing by a terrorist in one of them and iirc that was pre 9/11. Parts of the old world are great if not for the terrorist uglies. And you just know most of them need a louse comb just by looking at them.

That said, Murica and Mexico aren't too safe in some places either. There are a lot of places around the world that need good guys with guns.

This crime that has been has no relationship with the arabs or islam, there are countries that are also very dangerous like mexico and Egypt .
The problem that there is a very big, between the countries, and Morocco is very dangerous for the tourists
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: