*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New York Knicks (01/04/19 ) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 19820
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
will Zo ever grow into the point guard spot???


Zo had a rare TO laden night. Don't expect that often.

He hit some big shots though and scored well and played good defense.

Loss is upon the coaching and the decision to run iso's down the stretch through Ingram as if he's a top of the key guy.

More and more Luke shows he has no idea how to maximize the talent he has, and has no clue what they are best at.

GT going off on Luke on twitter.


Laker Film Room
‏@LakerFilmRoom

How long as we gonna pretend BI is a top of the key guy
This isn't even a shot at Ingram. He's a different TYPE of player.


when will Zo start playing the PG spot? Bringing the ball up, running the offense...taking it ot the basket???


Whenever Luke stops treating Ingram like an iso player while having Lonzo stand in a corner or setting a screen somewhere in Inglewood.


cop out


Why is that a cop out? How they play is on the coach. The coach, Magic, Rob, for whatever reason have made BI DA MAN.


because it doesn't answer the question


Well, trace it back. You answered a question with a question. So I guess you be coppin out too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 2321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Oh, and Hart needs to know when he’s cold from the outside. When he’s cold from the perimeter, you tell him to work inside out in terms of (bleep) stkection. That’s how you get into a rhythm shooting wise. See the ball go through the hoop if you’re cold. Mamba 101


Hart should never have been in. Beasley should have played the 4th


Beas would have brought it inside and finished strong, yes. Agreed.
_________________
🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 3489

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I bet Magic is channeling Tommy Lasorda right now. I hope he doesn't break any of the Chip trophies.
_________________
Luke "Random Rotations" Walton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 4679

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Ever since Magic called Ingram "untouchable", he hasn't gotten any better. Even if Magic could convince Jeanie to fire Luke, I don't think he would get us a better coach. Lou would be so good on our team right now.
_________________
Now we're free, free falling!


Last edited by lakersfever714 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 2321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Simply stated. We should have crushed this unicornless team in our house on two days rest. WE WERE UNPREPARED.
_________________
🌮


Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 25364
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Just FWIW, these are the sorts of games.. Kuzma loves having a big game in, he loves going off when the game is slow and ugly, we could have used his 4th quarter outburst today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11211

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
will Zo ever grow into the point guard spot???


Zo had a rare TO laden night. Don't expect that often.

He hit some big shots though and scored well and played good defense.

Loss is upon the coaching and the decision to run iso's down the stretch through Ingram as if he's a top of the key guy.

More and more Luke shows he has no idea how to maximize the talent he has, and has no clue what they are best at.

GT going off on Luke on twitter.


Laker Film Room
‏@LakerFilmRoom

How long as we gonna pretend BI is a top of the key guy
This isn't even a shot at Ingram. He's a different TYPE of player.


when will Zo start playing the PG spot? Bringing the ball up, running the offense...taking it ot the basket???


Whenever Luke stops treating Ingram like an iso player while having Lonzo stand in a corner or setting a screen somewhere in Inglewood.


cop out


Why is that a cop out? How they play is on the coach. The coach, Magic, Rob, for whatever reason have made BI DA MAN.


because it doesn't answer the question


Well, trace it back. You answered a question with a question. So I guess you be coppin out too.


no...you never answered either question but never asked one

VicXLakers wrote:
will Zo ever grow into the point guard spot???


Quote:
when will Zo start playing the PG spot? Bringing the ball up, running the offense...taking it ot the basket???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 3489

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Luke using the injuries excuse. Naaaaaahh man, don't deflect the blame. Man up and take responsibility like Sean McVay does.
_________________
Luke "Random Rotations" Walton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 2321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Professionals watch film and can analyze weaknesses in team discussion.
_________________
🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Godzuki
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
This team and its young players are regressing in a major way. Ingram and Lonzo have been exposed, but this is all coaching. Luke has to go soon.


how do people hate on Ball? i never liked Ball(due to his dad) but it's shocking to me how quick and big he plays. i swear he's the quickest player on the floor most nights. he's able to even guard centers occasionally, saw him block a centers shot the other night.

obviously he's inconsistent with a streaky shot but his potential is huge. I don't get how his haters can't see that he's a special and rare athlete, even for the NBA. just very unpolished.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OC Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 2619

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

BI killed any momentum with his ISO’s and forced trips to the lane.

Zo shot well if you just look at the box score but had terrible turnovers. He missed two 5 foot and under shots by barely grazing the rim. He passed up a open lane and easy shot and turned it over. Didn’t inbound the ball and got a 5 second violation. This shouldn’t happen to your point guard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 10061
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Ever since Magic called Ingram "untouchable", he hasn't gotten any better. Even if Magic could convince Jeanie to fire Luke, I don't think he would get us a better coach. Lou would be so good on our team right now.


Jeff Van Gundy?!? Mark Jackson maybe? Both?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 19820
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

BI is Tayshaun Prince, and Lonzo is designing shoes, writing bars, and filming shows when he can't hit free throws. The irony in D'Angelo getting shipped out for being a distraction. I still like Lonzo, but this is annoying.

BI, i don't care now. I said a few days ago, I'm at peace with him. I'm not so shocked anymore by these bad games when I've realized his NBA upside is Tayshaun Prince. Again, I apologize to John Ireland all the people who mentioned Tayshaun only to have me scoff at them. I was dreaming big. I'm no longer dreaming. My big dream now is Anthony Davis, but I'm not sure we have anything they want now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 16270

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
will Zo ever grow into the point guard spot???


Zo had a rare TO laden night. Don't expect that often.

He hit some big shots though and scored well and played good defense.

Loss is upon the coaching and the decision to run iso's down the stretch through Ingram as if he's a top of the key guy.

More and more Luke shows he has no idea how to maximize the talent he has, and has no clue what they are best at.

GT going off on Luke on twitter.


Laker Film Room
‏@LakerFilmRoom

How long as we gonna pretend BI is a top of the key guy
This isn't even a shot at Ingram. He's a different TYPE of player.


when will Zo start playing the PG spot? Bringing the ball up, running the offense...taking it ot the basket???


Whenever Luke stops treating Ingram like an iso player while having Lonzo stand in a corner or setting a screen somewhere in Inglewood.


cop out


Why is that a cop out? How they play is on the coach. The coach, Magic, Rob, for whatever reason have made BI DA MAN.


Thats why the comments by GT are good to see. For whatever reason, the Lakers style seems to be to surround the team with media guys who coddle the team and sugar coat everything. People or organizations who want to IMPROVE should want what more of what GT is doing and less of the fluff from guys like Trudell.

We can all see that this role they seem to be pushing Ingram into isn't working. Whether it's Magic, Luke, or a combination of all of them, they should have to answer for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 2321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

It’s settled; I nominate Golden Throat to be our next coach. Solved.
_________________
🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 19820
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
will Zo ever grow into the point guard spot???


Zo had a rare TO laden night. Don't expect that often.

He hit some big shots though and scored well and played good defense.

Loss is upon the coaching and the decision to run iso's down the stretch through Ingram as if he's a top of the key guy.

More and more Luke shows he has no idea how to maximize the talent he has, and has no clue what they are best at.

GT going off on Luke on twitter.


Laker Film Room
‏@LakerFilmRoom

How long as we gonna pretend BI is a top of the key guy
This isn't even a shot at Ingram. He's a different TYPE of player.


when will Zo start playing the PG spot? Bringing the ball up, running the offense...taking it ot the basket???


Whenever Luke stops treating Ingram like an iso player while having Lonzo stand in a corner or setting a screen somewhere in Inglewood.


cop out


Why is that a cop out? How they play is on the coach. The coach, Magic, Rob, for whatever reason have made BI DA MAN.


because it doesn't answer the question


Well, trace it back. You answered a question with a question. So I guess you be coppin out too.


no...you never answered either question but never asked one

VicXLakers wrote:
will Zo ever grow into the point guard spot???


Quote:
when will Zo start playing the PG spot? Bringing the ball up, running the offense...taking it ot the basket???


Whatever, I hate all these kids right now. I'm doing my share of dogging Lonzo, BI, Luke.. all of them. The effing SUCK.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11211

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
will Zo ever grow into the point guard spot???


Zo had a rare TO laden night. Don't expect that often.

He hit some big shots though and scored well and played good defense.

Loss is upon the coaching and the decision to run iso's down the stretch through Ingram as if he's a top of the key guy.

More and more Luke shows he has no idea how to maximize the talent he has, and has no clue what they are best at.

GT going off on Luke on twitter.


Laker Film Room
‏@LakerFilmRoom

How long as we gonna pretend BI is a top of the key guy
This isn't even a shot at Ingram. He's a different TYPE of player.


when will Zo start playing the PG spot? Bringing the ball up, running the offense...taking it ot the basket???


Whenever Luke stops treating Ingram like an iso player while having Lonzo stand in a corner or setting a screen somewhere in Inglewood.


cop out


Why is that a cop out? How they play is on the coach. The coach, Magic, Rob, for whatever reason have made BI DA MAN.


because it doesn't answer the question


Well, trace it back. You answered a question with a question. So I guess you be coppin out too.


no...you never answered either question but never asked one

VicXLakers wrote:
will Zo ever grow into the point guard spot???


Quote:
when will Zo start playing the PG spot? Bringing the ball up, running the offense...taking it ot the basket???


Whatever, I hate all these kids right now. I'm doing my share of dogging Lonzo, BI, Luke.. all of them. The effing SUCK.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 4679

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Ever since Magic called Ingram "untouchable", he hasn't gotten any better. Even if Magic could convince Jeanie to fire Luke, I don't think he would get us a better coach. Lou would be so good on our team right now.


Jeff Van Gundy?!? Mark Jackson maybe? Both?


Idk. All I know is that I don't trust Magic's ability to asset basketball related talents anymore so I would be very skeptical at whoever he would hire.
_________________
Now we're free, free falling!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 2321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Space Jam 2
_________________
🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
daytripper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 May 2005
Posts: 847

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Luke using the injuries excuse. Naaaaaahh man, don't deflect the blame. Man up and take responsibility like Sean McVay does.


Exactly that's the NBA. The Knicks have been without their best player Porzingis all season long. One of the young kids needed to step up their game tonight and it really didn't happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Al13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 1784
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
defense wrote:
I have ptsd because of young players

I don't went anymore young players



I’m probably one of the biggest BI supporters in here. Probably one of the big Lonzo supporters as well.

I’m pretty damn frustrated and if somehow AD was available if we gave up the young core (all 4 of them) and we keep sinking while Lebron is recouperating his injury I’m all aboard to make the trade happen!
Wasn’t a fan of getting rid of any of these young guys before tonight.

Sure Lebron and AD isn’t enough to win but next season we can build a real contender around those two. Am I starting to see the light or is it beer googles from getting our asses kicked in??????


NO isnt dumb enough to trade Anthony Davis for these 4 players...besides Kuzma the others are all so flawed its not even close to pull the trigger...forget about Davis....its has to be another player via FA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Al13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 1784
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
BI killed any momentum with his ISO’s and forced trips to the lane.

Zo shot well if you just look at the box score but had terrible turnovers. He missed two 5 foot and under shots by barely grazing the rim. He passed up a open lane and easy shot and turned it over. Didn’t inbound the ball and got a 5 second violation. This shouldn’t happen to your point guard.


coupled with 49% Free Throw Rate..call it what it is....he is a bust...we all know why his dad is keeping his mouth shut this year too...because even he has sensed it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 8134

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Fam, Lakers are in trouble.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 4679

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

We could offer up our entire team minus Lebron for AD and the Pelicans would still be hesistant. The AD dream is dead unless our young core start playing better to increase their values but it seems that's really hard to do with Luke at the helm. Something has to change.
_________________
Now we're free, free falling!


Last edited by lakersfever714 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 28055
Location: High above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
MJST wrote:
OCLakeShow wrote:
Ingram isn't ready to be an alpha, I think this we all know.


So Ingram tries to take over the game too much, and therefore isn't ready to be an alpha.

Somehow I think you have it backwards.


Whatever. He isn’t alpha or beta. How do you say completely overrated in Greek?

τελείως υπερτιμημένη

υπερτιμημένος. Υπερτιμημένη refers to a female

Ah, so when I searched "completely overrated" google translate assumed I was talking about a female. Sexist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB