If you could keep only one of these players who would it be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you could keep only one of these players who would it be?
BI
16%
 16%  [ 19 ]
Lonzo
42%
 42%  [ 48 ]
Kuz
41%
 41%  [ 47 ]
Total Votes : 114

Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Depends.

I would prefer Ingram by himself, but since Lebron is a laker I would pick Kuzma. Also, the fact Ingram probably still has the most trade value amongst the trio....
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Kuzma has the highest trade value at this point. You can find a team or two that might value BI or Zo higher.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

I have a hard time deciding between Lonzo and Kuz on this one. Lonzo's last several games are a reminder of what a difference maker he can be on both ends of the court. Kuz's defense isn't anywhere close to Lonzo's but it's improving, and he's a 20ppg guy easily given another year or two.

I'd say Lonzo but it's really a tie with Kuz.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
On a team with no Lebron, Lonzo. On a team with lebron Kuz. That trade BI for PG13 looks mighty good right now.

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Wow, only 7% of responders would keep Ingram. There' something to that.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

I'd keep Brandon, still the guy with the most potential and neither Ball or Kuz is really better than him right now.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

I just don’t agree with the age argument. BI has 1 more year NBA experience so he really should be more efficient. At 21 years old you should already have most of you man muscles. I was skinny like BI but I really didn’t fill out til I was in my 30s. We have to accept the fact the BI might be skinny his whole NBA career like Tayshawn.

But to answer the poll, it’s Kuz. He is the only one that wants to be great. I’ll take my chances with that. The other 2 guys have potential but just doesn’t seem to want it. See Booker, Embid, Mitchell, Simmons. You can see and feel that they all want it. The drive is always better than potential.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
I just don’t agree with the age argument. BI has 1 more year NBA experience so he really should be more efficient. At 21 years old you should already have most of you man muscles. I was skinny like BI but I really didn’t fill out til I was in my 30s. We have to accept the fact the BI might be skinny his whole NBA career like Tayshawn.

But to answer the poll, it’s Kuz. He is the only one that wants to be great. I’ll take my chances with that. The other 2 guys have potential but just doesn’t seem to want it. See Booker, Embid, Mitchell, Simmons. You can see and feel that they all want it. The drive is always better than potential.

Booker hasn’t shown he wants to be great. He’s shown he wants to score and do little else.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Kjj10697X wrote:

Booker hasn’t shown he wants to be great. He’s shown he wants to score and do little else.

I am talking about his demeanor. Not necessarily his production. You can see that he has the swagger.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Why is it so hard to fathom that maybe Kuzman is and will continue to be a better player than Ingram? I see no direct evidence that Ingram will surpass kuzma as far as proficiency and skillset applied to the game. I don't know why fans rely so much on speculation as opposed to what is evident tangible and right in front of us

Agreed.

Kuz is the better player and better fit now.
I see no reason why he couldn't be the better player and fit 2 years from now as well.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

Lonzo's basketball instincts and vision are superb... but he hasn't, so for, shown any killer instinct or ability to get to the line. Late in games... this is and will continue to be a problem.

Kuzma doesn't possess Lonzo's basketball IQ or passing excellence... but he's also not a scrub when it comes to basketball IQ and passing.... but he doesn't seem shy about taking the big shot or driving for a score when the game is on the line.

I rank Kuzma ahead of Lonzo... for a bunch of reasons...

1) Lonzo is a terrible shooter from the field, FT line and 3 pt line.

2) Kuzma will be shooting 50% from the field and 80% from the line next year.

3) In 505 minutes played in December... Kuzma has been to the FT line 64 times. In 462 minutes played in December... Lonzo has been to the FT line 15 times. It becomes worse then you add Kuzma's 82% from the line in December... compared to Lonzo's 55%. 52 points vs 8 points from the line goes a long way toward winning close games.

4) Lonzo's strength is his passing... and yet... in 14 games in December... Lonzo passed for 7 or more assists in only 5 games. In the other 9 games... Lonzo averaged less than 3.5 assists per game despite averaging 33 minutes per game. Obviously with LeBron handling PG duties... 3.5 is decent... but not enough to value your passing above your other deficiencies.

5) We are in "win now" mode... with the expectation to sign a player next year... so players complimenting LeBron is a a pretty high priority... and right now... Kuzma does so better than Lonzo.

6) Kuzma seems to inspire his teammates more, gets more emotional which rubs off on other players. With Lonzo... he is sometimes too unemotional... like he is bored or couldn't care less.

So... my ranking...

1) Kuzma
2) Lonzo
3) Ingram

If I were the Lakers front office... I give up anyone not named LeBron and Kuzma for AD.

Also... I sure would try trading Ingram for an unprotected pick from a lottery bound team. Chances of Ingram becoming a superstar or franchise player is much lower than the chance of getting the #1 pick if you are in the top 5 picks for example. That's a dice I'm rolling.

A #1 is another Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Ben Simmons, etc.

Last edited by M2K on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
troy wrote:
Why is it so hard to fathom that maybe Kuzman is and will continue to be a better player than Ingram? I see no direct evidence that Ingram will surpass kuzma as far as proficiency and skillset applied to the game. I don't know why fans rely so much on speculation as opposed to what is evident tangible and right in front of us

Agreed.

I see no reason why he couldn't be the better player and fit 2 years from now as well.

Kuzma has a higher usage rate but also a high % of his FGs are assisted. That tells me he makes quick decisions on offense and is efficient. His main weakness right now is his 3pt shooting. Hopefully he gets that back.

The age argument only works if you are showing improvement, BI has not. He has actually regressed in many areas. Statistically his defense is actually worse.

I think the silver lining is if we keep him, we can sign him to a reasonable contract.
DMAULS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

It's Lonzo and no one else.
DMAULS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
daytripper wrote:
troy wrote:

Agreed.

Kuzma has a higher usage rate but also a high % of his FGs are assisted. That tells me he makes quick decisions on offense and is efficient. His main weakness right now is his 3pt shooting. Hopefully he gets that back.

The age argument only works if you are showing improvement, BI has not. He has actually regressed in many areas. Statistically his defense is actually worse.

I think the silver lining is if we keep him, we can sign him to a reasonable contract.

It tells me Kuz likes to chuck. He ISOs just as hard as BI and has been a walking turnover lately.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Depends.

I would prefer Ingram by himself, but since Lebron is a laker I would pick Kuzma. Also, the fact Ingram probably still has the most trade value amongst the trio....

BI, this your burner? Go work on your free throws, your finishes around the rim, and especially in creating space, cause your shots are challenged whether it's a giant or a midget that's guarding you. Lebron hasn't been here for two games, and you haven't been convincing.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma also seems like the voice/leader of the young core which should count for something too..
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

None of them have franchise-level talent so it's all about fit. I'd say BI is the odd man out. Out of Kuz and Zo, they both fit well as role players around Bron so it's a toss up. I'd guess Kuz would have more trade value than Zo at this point if you had to deal one of them.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Happy to see Lonzo is in the lead. Whether LeBron was on the team or not, I'd still pick him.

NBA scorers are almost a dime a dozen.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Wow.
Shocked at the poll.
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

These results would change every game.
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

There are ZERO untradeable assets on this team outside of maybe Lebron. I like all 3 guys, but I'll happily give away the farm for AD.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Ridiculous divisive poll. Way to shove a wedge in team unity.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo has the highest ceiling and is also the best player currently. I'd have to go him, Kuz in a fairly distant second.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I demand Bonga be added to this poll!
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

LOL at those saying they wouldn't trade more than one of those guys for AD. NO will demand three of our four young guys (Josh Hart). If it came down to trading two, nobody in the Lakers front office would hesitate to agree to that. Don't get too attached.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: