GRIZZLIES -at- LAKERS – 12-23-18 - Game Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

bertrome wrote:
Felt like a loss during the 1st quarter when it looked like the game would be played at the Grizz’s pace.
Yep; we played down to the competition.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
daytripper wrote:
I will say the rookie Jackson for Memphis is really good.
He blocks shots and can shoot 3's too. The total package. He would have a good chance at ROY if it weren't for Luka.

He is the real deal.

we scored enough points to win... our lack of defense allowed the Grizz 106 points on our own floor
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

kobe8One wrote:
We are playing 4 against 5 will Ball in the game. Ball needs to have the ball in his hand even he is not Kyrie. For him to catch and shoot, we are doomed.

Well that's the Lebron effect. If you aren't a catch and shoot player, your weaknesses are magnified.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

I'm glad Zo took those open shots and he needs to continue taking them. What makes me mad is that he has abandoned his aggressive drives.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
We are playing 4 against 5 will Ball in the game. Ball needs to have the ball in his hand even he is not Kyrie. For him to catch and shoot, we are doomed.

Well that's the Lebron effect. If you aren't a catch and shoot player, your weaknesses are magnified.

His passing was stellar tonight. The guy in the third row in the crowd was thankful for the pass
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

non-player zealot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m officially on the Luke anti bandwagon dude is responsible for giving this team a bunch of stupid loses this year.

shouldn't it be the anti Luke bandwagon?

Gadget, Luke needs surgery brain along with Phil.

Lonzo needs surgery brain to fix his disaster 3 pt shooting.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

KingKobe20 wrote:
I know it doesn’t matter too much if we are going to play lethargic basketball but I really miss Javale

I got this feeling once Javale is back this team will be rejuvenated once again

maybe, but Zu had 4 blocks...
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

OCWA wrote:
I'm glad Zo took those open shots and he needs to continue taking them. What makes me mad is that he has abandoned his aggressive drives.

Passive Zo is useless Zo. He needs to be benched when that happens so that it doesn't positively reward him for playing like that
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:

I'm also all for Lonzo shooting... but not so much when the game is on the line.

Give him the green light for the first three quarters... then leave in Hart in the fourth when he's cold.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m officially on the Luke anti bandwagon dude is responsible for giving this team a bunch of stupid loses this year.

shouldn't it be the anti Luke bandwagon?

Gadget, Luke needs surgery brain along with Phil.

Lonzo needs surgery brain to fix his disaster 3 pt shooting.

Or maybe our superstar shouldn't keep feeding him out there and pressuring him to shoot?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Stop blaming Luke or our defense. Both of our big men are out. Of course the defense is going to suffer. We had a legit chance to win at the end if it weren't for Lonzo throwing up bricks. Maybe it was Luke's mistake to use Lonzo in the 4th at all.

We had a chance to win if Lebron would actually try and score. We might as well had him on the bench for Rondo.

After he made the 40 footer, next possession Grizz hard doubled him leaving Lonzo wide open. What do you expect Lebron to do? Shoot a contested 40 footer over 2 defenders? Lebron can only do so much to help this team. I would be pissed and demoralized too if I had to carry my team to a win every night.

It's good for Lebron to take a step back and see what the other guys can bring.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

lakersfever714 wrote:
Stop blaming Luke or our defense. Both of our big men are out. Of course the defense is going to suffer. We had a legit chance to win at the end if it weren't for Lonzo throwing up bricks. Maybe it was Luke's mistake to use Lonzo in the 4th at all.

Luke's lineups sucked all game. For crying out loud, that KCP, Rondo, Ingram, Lance, Hart lineup might have been the worst ever.

Having Luke as a coach automatically handicaps your team several points.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

kobe8One wrote:

He can't be in the starting unit if he isn't making shots. Sit his @as and play someone else. Luke needs to put boZo on a short leash if his shots aren't falling
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerSD wrote:
Luke is not going to get off the hot seat with these types of games. 0-3 on road trip for a team that struggles to score. Rotations get Conley going and then it’s a struggle.

Lebron was maybe saving himself for GSW, but that’s a dangerous thing to do in the West. You can’t afford to slip at home against a struggling team. Good luck winning in GSW.

This is when teams start to separate themselves and the Lakers aren’t good enough to play half ass basketball. Better start understanding that or they will be in a dogfight for 5-8 all season with no room for error.

I doubt Luke even gives two shz about making the playoffs. He doesn't show it. He's as carefree as can be. Never seen a coach of his level (ahem) be this demonstratively calm and cool after piles of these kinds of losses. Randy Pfund looked like an absolute mess with a team with much less talent. Harris used to storm onto the court screaming at refs and fought with players over their decisionmaking. Luke acts like he's locked-in. IF that report about Magic yelling at him for interrupting him is correct, I think Luke would've sat there chuckling at it. I don't believe that boosha for that reason.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

OCWA wrote:

I dont know guy...how long do you have that approach until you realize that he is just a poor shooter?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:

Luke putting his players in a position to fail. We saw it coming. When zo is ice cold dont leave him in to catch and shoot.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

Back to Back losses coming up
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

We had a chance to win if Lebron would actually try and score. We might as well had him on the bench for Rondo.

After he made the 40 footer, next possession Grizz hard doubled him leaving Lonzo wide open. What do you expect Lebron to do? Shoot a contested 40 footer over 2 defenders? Lebron can only do so much to help this team. I would be pissed and demoralized too if I had to carry my team to a win every night.

Oh because no superstars have ever carried a team to victory while being doubled....
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

non-player zealot wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Jackson Jr. Acting like they just won a finals game. Lol

He's young and they did control the pace the entire game. They played well. Grinding team is right. Lakers were lucky to be close all the way to the end with all the faults visible all over the court. This was definitely a Memphis game. They have an ugly style, but at least they have one. What's ours?

FWIW JJJ is a Lebron fan and when you beat your idol it’s only natural to get hyped up lol

Not gonna lie it rubbed me the wrong way too but ah well. Gotta give credit where it’s due. He played his tail off tonight

I remember in the summer he was teasing his college teammate SVI about playing with Lebron lol
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

Merry Christmas to All...

And to all a good night.

#BannersOverBillboards
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

socalsp3 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
kobe8One wrote:

Luke putting his players in a position to fail. We saw it coming. When zo is ice cold dont leave him in to catch and shoot.

Lebron is putting him the position to fail, let Zo handle the ball if you aren't going to shoot it.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Well take note. Both of you found out.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Oh because no superstars have ever carried a team to victory while being doubled....

It's not the percentage play, ESPECIALLY in Luke's system which emphasizes passing
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

drae wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Passive Zo is useless Zo. He needs to be benched when that happens so that it doesn't positively reward him for playing like that

I wonder what psychological tricks Phil Jackson would have tried with Zo.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

OCWA wrote:

His drives are just as ugly if not uglier than his jumper.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 28 of 31
Jump to: