True or False: Paul George is the best player on OKC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: True or False: Paul George is the best player on OKC

Paul George just had another monster game while Russ was (bleep). Russ might be having the worst 3pt fg% ever - 24% and (0-4) tonight. Paul George just put up 43-14-6 tonight.

I think no doubt Paul George is having the better season. I wonder if he's actually the better player now?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Let's revisit this question when PG13 averages a triple-double for the entire season..
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

He had to stick it to Ingles tonight for getting out played by him in last year's playoffs
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Let's revisit this question when PG13 averages a triple-double for the entire season..

But the question is right now. Who would you say is the better player right now?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

I do think he's the better individual talent but I also think that contributions from Steven Adams, Schroeder and dumping Melo have also helped considerably.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject:

true. better on both ends
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Some quotes from OKC reddit:

Quote:
Instead of being pissed off at the play of Russell Westbrook, can we be so (bleep) glad that he can be in such a bad slump and we can still win games because of Paul Mother (bleep) George!!!! (WHO SIGNED WITH US BECAUSE OF RUSS AS WELL)
Russ is in a slump, and in previous years we'd be probably under .500 (likely also out of playoff seeding as well). But now, even though Russ is in a slump can't we all be happy that we have someone so insane such as Paul George that we are TIED FOR THE FIRST SEED?

Boy, this team is gonna be (bleep) lit when Russ pulls out.

Quote:
I think it is reasonable for adults to be able to appreciate what Russell has done for this organization and also be concerned with his recent play. This sub acts like it’s one or the other. We all love russ. We all want him to play better. I think that’s pretty fair.

Quote:
Honestly, idk why it's so hard for people to understand that there are fair criticisms to be made of the way Russ has been playing lately.

Quote:
He’s shooting poorly from the field but you guys are acting like he isn’t playing great defense and getting guys open

Quote:
I get cancer anytime i read a game thread. The hate for russ is so gross. (bleep) losers.

Quote:
Thank you! Just imagine how great we’re gonna be when he starts playing good consistent ball again.

Quote:
his is why we wanted PG/Melo to begin with. We knew Russ can't keep carrying us alone like in 2016-2017. We wanted players to be able to take over when Russ is in a slump. Russ will figure it out, but this is exactly what we want. Russ is having off-games and were still getting the Ws

Quote:
STOP CALLING IT A SLUMP. DECISION MAKING IS NOT A SLUMP.

Quote:
I’ve had these concerns for a while now. But it’s always shot down. And then backed with “but we have PG”. PG is playing like a basketball God, but if Russ can ever get back to full strength.. this team will challenge GSW for a berth in the finals. If not be the clear favorite. Russ had “adjusted” his game to meet PGs needs, but that will need to change over the course of the season. He will have to show the ability to score inside. And hit the mid range. Players get cold and in their heads.. Russ is no different.

Quote:
This slump has gone for too long already. People are talking about his stats, but if you watch games, you will know he has been (bleep). His miss shots change the momentum of the game, most of the time.

Quote:
What about turn overs at the worst possible moment? Come on, I love russ but he hasn't been himself since he came back from the recent injury.

Quote:
We live by Bestbrook and die by Worstbrook
Cmon guys! We know he is not playing well but let's not turn into r/nba here in our sub. Remember: This guy is the epicenter of Thunder basketball. He was a huge contributor in the roster change. PG is here because of him. Let's cut him some slack and Thunder UP!

Quote:
It's not his fault he can't make (bleep). He's taken a few ill advised shots a game in this slump, sure, but he's mostly struggling with the easy (bleep) he's made his entire career.

He's still playing good defense, he's still impacting the game on the offensive end, we've just got to hope he gets his (bleep) right.

Quote:
Russ told Donovan Mitchell before he took that 3 "I'm not passing it". After russ missed the shot, Dennis went to Billy Donovan and he was pissed Donovan had his hand around him and Dennis said something like "thats not right" or "he should have passed it". In a nutshell ya Dennis was pissed. The problem here is though the coaching staff doesnt enforce anything when it comes to russ and thats where the main issue is.

Quote:
All I'm saying is this slump has gone for too long man. Holy (bleep), right now I don't want him to take any shots. If he takes the jumper, he will miss it. If he goes for the layup, he will miss it or get fouled. If he's fouled, he will miss one or both of his free throws.

He is in a box right now and it sucks because this team is almost unbeatable if he and pg both get it going.

Quote:
He gonna show up come playoff don’t stress it

Quote:
Come on guys. The man's taking care of his new twins at home as well. When we need him the most he will be there. Everything good that's happened to this Organization is because of that man. Cut him some slack!

Quote:
Twins at home isnt an excuse for poor shot selection and self awareness. I dont think some of you realize just yet what his decision making can cost this team. Stop making excuses for him. This kind of (bleep) is what led KD to leave. You all dont want to accept it but its a fact. Why is it so hard for him to play to his strengths? This team has an outside chance at a ring the way PG is playing. Russ can (bleep) that up easily if he keeps this up

Quote:
we won despite and by overcomming worstbrook. dude needs to get it together.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Will Westbrook be the worst 3-point shooter in NBA history?

Among 125 players in NBA history to attempt over 2500 3-pointers, Russell Westbrook is 124th (per Basketball reference) with 31% shots made. The only player worse than Westbrook is Jerry Stackhouse.

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

Westbrook is hitting Lonzo levels of inefficiency, yes Paul George is playing better. Maybe Westbrook regresses to the mean and you can make the argument his volume stats are "better" than PG.

But even if that were the case, you can actually build a championship roster with PG on it (as your second option). Not true for Westbrook: he demands to be the first option by playstyle, but he's not good enough in that role (turnovers, efficiency, and general decision-making). That is really important to me, so for that reason I'd rather have PG than even MVP-Westbrook.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

We would have been title contenders if the bastard signed with us.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I still think the Lakers really didn't want PG13 and when I mean Lakers I mean LeBron when they thought they could get Kawhi.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

He was never an efficient scorer, but what the heck happened with his FT%? It's 60% percent after being around 80 for the majority of his career. His 3PT% is also abysmally low. Is he playing hurt or what?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

This year Paul George has been the better player. No question.
But I could see Westbrook dropping MVP stats again by the end of the season.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
This year Paul George has been the better player. No question.
But I could see Westbrook dropping MVP stats again by the end of the season.

Here's another question - is Westbrook having a great year?

Triple double still.

20.1 avg
10.3 assist
10.8 reb

42.3 fg%
23.6 3fg%
60.8 FT%

I guess this would be a great year for anyone else except Westbrook?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook will be remembered as a significantly more impactful player, and have a much larger legacy as a basketball player. Westbrook is doing things that no other player has previously did in the NBA.....and even in the current season which most are calling one of his worst in recent years....he is the only player in the league averaging a triple double.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Westbrook will be remembered as a significantly more impactful player, and have a much larger legacy as a basketball player. Westbrook is doing things that no other player has previously did in the NBA.....and even in the current season which most are calling one of his worst in recent years....he is the only player in the league averaging a triple double.

Westbrook will be remembered for winning an MVP, while George probably never will.

Ultimately, Westbrook has probably devalued the triple-double. Over the last few years, we've seen a lot of commentary about how it's an overrated and meaningless stat.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't sneeze at:

PPG - 26.2
RPG - 12.8
APG - 6.0
FG % - .583
BPG - 1.4
SPG - 1.2
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Westbrook will be remembered for winning an MVP, while George probably never will.

Ultimately, Westbrook has probably devalued the triple-double. Over the last few years, we've seen a lot of commentary about how it's an overrated and meaningless stat.

I think there is an argument for that being true....but at the same time, he is still the only one doing it.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

And it's not even close this year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Dang, Westbrook just laid another turd:

4-22 FG
0-8 3FG
9 pts
5 TO
1-2 FT

Paul George
12-24 FG
3-11 3FG
36 pts
3 TO
9-12 FT
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject:

pg is way better than wb. 1on1 he would win like every single time.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook being someone so reliant on athleticism was always going to be someone whose play began tapering off around that 30 mark where the body stops feeling as good as new the next day.

It's basically a race between the downward performance through loss of athleticism and upward performance through experience at utilising your skills, the former will always win in the end but how long it can be held at bay depends on the player.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

yup, I think PG13 is the best players at OKC. Westbrook is no slouch either though, but right now, his pullup J is atrocious
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

“Scoring the basketball is not the only thing I can do,” Westbrook said after his 4-of-22 shooting night for just nine points. “I’m the best rebounder at my position, the best passer at my position, the best defender at my position.

“If scoring ain’t it that night, then I get somebody else to do it.”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: