*** Los Angeles Lakers @ Brooklyn Nets (12/18/18) ***
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 35544

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: *** Los Angeles Lakers @ Brooklyn Nets (12/18/18) ***

Los Angeles Lakers @ Brooklyn Nets
Barclays Center • Brooklyn, NY
Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2018 • 7:30 PM ET


*PREVIEW
http://www.nba.com/games/20181218/LALBKN#/preview

**TEAM ROSTERS:(link)
Brooklyn Nets
Los Angeles Lakers

**TEAM STATS
Brooklyn Nets : Overall - (13 - 18)
PPG - 111.0, OPPG - 111.8,
FG - 45%, FT-75%, 3PT- 36% , RPG- 45.0, APG - 23.1
L.A. Lakers : Overall (18 -12)
PPG - 113.4, OPPG - 111.6,
FG% - 48, FT% - 70.0, 3PT% - 35.0, RPG - 46.1, APG - 24.2

**EXPECTED LINE-UP
Brooklyn Nets
PG: D. Russell
SG: J. Harris
SF: R. Kurucs
PF: R.H. Jefferson
C: J. Allen
L.A. Lakers
PG: Lonzo Ball
SG:Josh Hart
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kyle Kuzma
C JaVale McGee

**INJURY REPORT:
Brooklyn NETS
LeVert, Graham - Out
L.A. LAKERS
Rondo, Ingram - Out

**MEDIA
National: NBA TV
Local: NBCSCA, SpecSN/D, SpecSN/D
Radio: KHTK Sports 1140 AM, 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES


LET’S GO LAKERS!!

************RIP the NETS!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 35544

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

FYI:

* Nets have won 5 in-a-row. Right now they are a dangerous team;
*Nets are averaging 121 PPG in their last six games. They beat Atlanta 144-127 Sunday.

*Must win for the Lakers in order to finish 2-2 on the road trip (currently 7-8 overall on the road).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 7625

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
FYI:

* Nets have won 5 in-a-row. Right now they are a dangerous team;
*Nets are averaging 121 PPG in their last six games. They beat Atlanta 144-127 Sunday.

*Must win for the Lakers in order to finish 2-2 on the road trip (currently 7-8 overall on the road).


I agree. Maintaining a .500 road record will be important to the team for seeding purposes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26207

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

Brooklyn is better than people think, particularly if you haven't watched their games. Like our team though, they are inconsistent. They'll have surprising wins and strings of losses. This won't be an easy out.

DLO is looking pretty good, Lonzo should be able to keep him in check although this is a road game and Zo hasn't looked his best, far from it, on the road.

I'm excited to see Rodions Kurucs though, who has been starting for them and I *think* was someone on our radar with the Bonga pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
FYI:

* Nets have won 5 in-a-row. Right now they are a dangerous team;
*Nets are averaging 121 PPG in their last six games. They beat Atlanta 144-127 Sunday.

*Must win for the Lakers in order to finish 2-2 on the road trip (currently 7-8 overall on the road).


If Washington and Orlando were dangerous to us... why wouldn't we be worried about the Nets?

Even Atlanta gave us a hard time.

We need to win this badly as well as the next two against the Pelicans and Memphis to offset the probable Christmas loss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26207

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
pio2u wrote:
FYI:

* Nets have won 5 in-a-row. Right now they are a dangerous team;
*Nets are averaging 121 PPG in their last six games. They beat Atlanta 144-127 Sunday.

*Must win for the Lakers in order to finish 2-2 on the road trip (currently 7-8 overall on the road).


If Washington and Orlando were dangerous to us... why wouldn't we be worried about the Nets?

Even Atlanta gave us a hard time.

We need to win this badly as well as the next two against the Pelicans and Memphis to offset the probable Christmas loss.


Yeah. This Nets team is so unpredictable. They have won 5 straight and beaten teams like the 76ers and the Raptors during the streak. Impressive.

However, prior to that win streak, they had lost 8 straight including losses to the Cavaliers and Wizards.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pio2u wrote:
FYI:

* Nets have won 5 in-a-row. Right now they are a dangerous team;
*Nets are averaging 121 PPG in their last six games. They beat Atlanta 144-127 Sunday.

*Must win for the Lakers in order to finish 2-2 on the road trip (currently 7-8 overall on the road).


If Washington and Orlando were dangerous to us... why wouldn't we be worried about the Nets?

Even Atlanta gave us a hard time.

We need to win this badly as well as the next two against the Pelicans and Memphis to offset the probable Christmas loss.


Yeah. This Nets team is so unpredictable. They have won 5 straight and beaten teams like the 76ers and the Raptors during the streak. Impressive.

However, prior to that win streak, they had lost 8 straight including losses to the Cavaliers and Wizards.


Yep, like poorer version of us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 1762

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

I didn't realize they had a 5 game winning streak going. Looked it up and they beat the Raptors and Sixers during this span. Now my confidence for this game is gone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 60898

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

Feels like a loss. Lakers are on there 3rd game in 4 days. Nets have won 5 in a row.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28143
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
I didn't realize they had a 5 game winning streak going. Looked it up and they beat the Raptors and Sixers during this span. Now my confidence for this game is gone.


Wizards were on a 4 game losing streak when they beat us, I don’t see the 5 game winning streak being a indicator of us losing even if the Nets won against the top teams. Lakers will be motivated today after the stinker in D.C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26207

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
I didn't realize they had a 5 game winning streak going. Looked it up and they beat the Raptors and Sixers during this span. Now my confidence for this game is gone.


Wizards were on a 4 game losing streak when they beat us, I don’t see the 5 game winning streak being a indicator of us losing even if the Nets won against the top teams. Lakers will be motivated today after the stinker in D.C.


It's not an indicator of us losing. It's an indicator that they have been playing well lately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28143
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
I didn't realize they had a 5 game winning streak going. Looked it up and they beat the Raptors and Sixers during this span. Now my confidence for this game is gone.


Wizards were on a 4 game losing streak when they beat us, I don’t see the 5 game winning streak being a indicator of us losing even if the Nets won against the top teams. Lakers will be motivated today after the stinker in D.C.


It's not an indicator of us losing. It's an indicator that they have been playing well lately.


Well of course, no is denying that they are playing solid ball, I had Brooklyn as 1 of the teams that can make the playoffs before LeVert went down with his injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 26207

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
I didn't realize they had a 5 game winning streak going. Looked it up and they beat the Raptors and Sixers during this span. Now my confidence for this game is gone.


Wizards were on a 4 game losing streak when they beat us, I don’t see the 5 game winning streak being a indicator of us losing even if the Nets won against the top teams. Lakers will be motivated today after the stinker in D.C.


It's not an indicator of us losing. It's an indicator that they have been playing well lately.


Well of course, no is denying that they are playing solid ball, I had Brooklyn as 1 of the teams that can make the playoffs before LeVert went down with his injury.


I know, I was just saying that because no one said their winning streak would indicate that we'd lose but it should put our confidence in check somewhat is all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 29275
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

Predicting an 8 for 23 night from Russell.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31252

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
LAMAR ODOM
@RealLamarOdom

Luke Walton in da building peeps! Brooklyn ! ! ! I hope you ready for a storm today! Weather report says it's about to rain purple and gold in NEW YORK ! ⛈☂️💛Welcome to NYC @lakers and… https://www.instagram.com/p/BriZ73DgUGI/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=e2bzfqain1en


LO representing!
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 133644
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

I like watching Allen play, he is going to be a solid big man in the league.
_________________
How about those Blues!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 60898

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
LAMAR ODOM
@RealLamarOdom

Luke Walton in da building peeps! Brooklyn ! ! ! I hope you ready for a storm today! Weather report says it's about to rain purple and gold in NEW YORK ! ⛈☂️💛Welcome to NYC @lakers and… https://www.instagram.com/p/BriZ73DgUGI/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=e2bzfqain1en


LO representing!



_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1954

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

I hope Lonzo dunks on DLO hard. This will make me feel better about the money I wasted on my DLO Lakers jersey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28143
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I like watching Allen play, he is going to be a solid big man in the league.


Same here, I’m a big fan of his game, we can get him in a few years once Nets are focused on bigger names.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36532
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Think Lonzo and DLo feel connected....like it still matters to them, and they want to show out against each other? I know most Lakers fans will always connect them because at least part of the reason one was moved, was to create a spot for the other.....but do they see it that way?
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36532
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

Joe Harris shooting 46% from 3....
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LKA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2018
Posts: 5181
Location: Sin City

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

Win
win win win win
Curve everything else
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 18438
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
LAMAR ODOM
@RealLamarOdom

Luke Walton in da building peeps! Brooklyn ! ! ! I hope you ready for a storm today! Weather report says it's about to rain purple and gold in NEW YORK ! ⛈☂️💛Welcome to NYC @lakers and… https://www.instagram.com/p/BriZ73DgUGI/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=e2bzfqain1en


LO representing!


Yeah LO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31252

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Think Lonzo and DLo feel connected....like it still matters to them, and they want to show out against each other? I know most Lakers fans will always connect them because at least part of the reason one was moved, was to create a spot for the other.....but do they see it that way?


If Zo starts off the game with a full court press, then yes.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 9332

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

This game feels like it will depend on which Brooklyn team shows up.

Sometimes they look pretty good and sometimes they look like a 13-18 team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB