Magic hoping to hire a new coach in place of Luke Walton at some point
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
drae wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Luke's got 2 more years left on his deal. So, probably means Magic will cut ties with Luke after this season or the next year after so Luke isn't a lame duck coach. Unless the Lakers win a title the next 2 years, doesn't look like Luke will be here for the long term. So, essentially it's the same situation Spoelstra was in with his first 2 years with LeBron, as LeBron wanted Riley, but Riley stuck with Spo, and when the Heat won the title, LeBron had no choice but to accept Spo as the coach. Now, seems like Magic & Bron both want their own coach, but Jeanie is sticking with Luke, so will see how this one plays out the end of this year and next season.

Bron wants his own coach? He's been nothing but publicly and loudly supportive of Luke since he got there. Also since Magic had his public falling out with Luke, you should have noticed Lebron started putting his foot down on the court. Took the Lakers from 2-5 to 17-11. If Lebron wanted his own coach he would have continued coasting and had the Laker sub .500 after 30.

There was reports of LeBron wanting to be coached by Fizdale even before he signed with the Lakers, and publicly imo Bron learned from the David Blatt & Spo incidents, so now if Luke gets let go, it would be a Magic call and LeBron won't get the heat for it, which was why he is being more complimentary of Luke imo due to the media scrutiny. Let's not forget the reports of LeBron wanting Mark Jackson to be the coach of the Cav's before Ty Lue took over and won a ring, so Lue stayed as coach. It's just the politics of the NBA, and right now Luke is looking like the odd man out in the big picture.

All the reports that have come from insiders have said Lebron is privately supportive of Luke also.

You have to remember that when Lebron went back to the Cavs he did so despising everything about that organization. Dan had written "the letter", he asked for Kyrie not to be traded to Boston and they did it anyway, when he left the first time he felt the organization didn't give him support.

Lebron got along well with Ty Lue. Lebron's a big reason why Ty Lue was the coach of the Cavs.

Lebron wanted to be coached by Fizdale so much he shunned the Knicks? Lebron may like certain coaches, but that doesn't mean he wants all of them here to replace Luke.

One more thing to remember, Lebron came here liking everything about the organization. He's the happiest he's looked on and off the court in a long time.

Last edited by drae on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

BS
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

We change coaches too often. Unless Carlisle or Doc become available. Leave it alone. We have roster unbalance Seems like the players like Luke. Leave it for now
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

oh god
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Luke's got 2 more years left on his deal. So, probably means Magic will cut ties with Luke after this season or the next year after so Luke isn't a lame duck coach. Unless the Lakers win a title the next 2 years, doesn't look like Luke will be here for the long term. So, essentially it's the same situation Spoelstra was in with his first 2 years with LeBron, as LeBron wanted Riley, but Riley stuck with Spo, and when the Heat won the title, LeBron had no choice but to accept Spo as the coach. Now, seems like Magic & Bron both want their own coach, but Jeanie is sticking with Luke, so will see how this one plays out the end of this year and next season.

Jeannie sticking with Luke because Luke reminds her of a younger Phil Jackson. Luke and Rambis both are to her. In perfect world Jeanie Buss wants Phil as head coach and rambis and Luke as two top assistants. God I just hate her ways of running this team. Everything has to link to past Laker glories.

Since Riley, D'Antoni, Mike Brown, Del Harris, Dunleavy Sr. & Rudy T were the only coaches that didn't have Laker ties, and each of them didn't last more than 2 years as Lakers head coach except Harris, with only Rudy T having Laker ties afterwards when he stayed on as a consultant. Del Harris stayed on for over 4 years, and he didn't last for the long term when the Lakers became champions. Which is why if anybody that brings up any coaching name that wasn't a former Laker is not going to last long as head coach for the most part.
Jarmusch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

One thing i noticed is that woj said that walton was a jeannie hire and we know that aint true, it was a mitch and jim hire first and foremost
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Did Mark Jackson ever play for Riley?

These old Showtime really need to get over him.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Luke is a good players’ coach. He has also shown that his team can be good in offense and defense too. I’ve questioned he was not determined in the lineup and didn’t play to players’ strength. But he has improved in this areas lately. However, we haven’t shown improvement in Q4, and closing minutes. We collapsed in Q4 to Spurs and Rockets lately, and in fact lost in many close games this season. If we’re not with LeBron, we might loss a few more games and fall outside the playoffs seeding in the Wild Wild West. I guess Magic can see this too
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Sadly, I can confirm this is 100% true.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Even if it's true I really don't care who coaches the team as long as the the team is competing for a championship. Mickey mouse could be the coach for all I care.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

No. But Rich Paul is his agent.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Even if it's true I really don't care who coaches the team as long as the the team is competing for a championship. Mickey mouse could be the coach for all I care.

that said...I want to watch a fast free wheeling team that's having fun as opposed to a team that is going to sweat every possession
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Magic's list

1. SVG
2. Mark Jackson
3. An actual dinosaur.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:

do you have inside sauces
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:

i was on luke bandwagon before we even hired him. but he is a bad coach.

our record is all lebron and not luke.

my gripes against him:
he hasnt hired a single assistant coach thats not his friends including b shaw
he hasnt hired a shooting coach. we are 29th in the league in ft
his head is still stuck in the small ball lineup garbage
does he do any ingame adjustments?

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I don't buy it. I doubt Woj knows what's going on inside the Lakers organization.

Woj does not have any inroads to Lebron....but he has had "in" with the Lakers ever since the new FO took over.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:
I don't buy it. I doubt Woj knows what's going on inside the Lakers organization.

Woj does not have any inroads to Lebron....but he has had "in" with the Lakers ever since the new FO took over.

i doubt it when he is bashing the lakers fo openly on his show and making claims like literally no star wants to play with lebron
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Popovich or bust.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:

I don't believe your statement to be accurate based on the draft when Woj has had an information ahead of time for (I think) any team but the Lakers
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:

I don't believe your statement to be accurate based on the draft when Woj has had an information ahead of time for (I think) any team but the Lakers

You think Woj is just going to make stuff up?

Don’t see evidence to suggest that. I get it, we don’t like what he’s saying, but its just funny how we’ll he’s just making it up out of thin air.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

You think Woj is just going to make stuff up?

yes.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

No. But Rich Paul is his agent.

Actually it's a yes. Mark Jackson DID play for Riles back in '92 when he was a Knick.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:

that was 2 years ago....Ingram and Zubac was the last draft when that was accurate....he has been in on nearly every story that does not involve Lebron since Mitch left the building. Some think that is a good thing....did not like that Mitch never let anything get out.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

If Magic really wants to bring in a Riles disciple, who's it gonna be? Mark Jackson, Michael Cooper, Jeff Van Gundy, Stan Van Gundy, or evenn Erik Spoelstra if he gets fired since the Heat are doing so bad. But I kinda doubt it since Riles loves him.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
If Magic really wants to bring in a Riles disciple, who's it gonna be? Mark Jackson, Michael Cooper, Jeff Van Gundy, Stan Van Gundy, or evenn Erik Spoelstra if he gets fired since the Heat are doing so bad. But I kinda doubt it since Riles loves him.

jeff van gundy would be my choice out of those options (other than spoelstra; that's pipe)

he's always seemed like kind of a goon on TV but apparently he's actually a good coach
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: