(YOUTH) Kuzma & Ingram & Lonzo & Hart Apprecition Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 12022

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
We have a big issue with them (except for Hart it seems), it's how they play on the road, the difference with home games is brutal...

Ingram
Home: NETRTG +5.9
Road: NETRTG : -1.9

Ball
Home: NETRTG +2.3
Road: NETRTG : -10.2

Kuzma
Home: NETRTG +5.2
Road: NETRTG : -4.9


Excellent post
_________________
D-Mo: Get your merch, get your merch (wear it!!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1107

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

I’ll take a look with other young players around the league to see how they perform...

Seems like from the top young prospects (Simmons, Tatum, Mitchell, Brown), only Simmons is having the same issue (+8 at home and -5.9 on the road)...


Last edited by durden-tyler on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 21398

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Can we win it all with AD/KD/LBJ + scrubs?


That’s basically what Miami did. The #4 player on the first title team was Mario Chalmers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 3675

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Trade values rising....... 🔥
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 3075

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
drae wrote:
The whole young core was fantastic. Normally 1 or 2 play well, but it seemed like everybody played well this game. I don't want to trade the core for AD, I'm pretty attached to them and trading for AD would require most of the core

Best game from Kuzma for ... a while now. He hasn't been playing well lately


AD tonight 41 pts 9 Rebounds 2 assists 4 blocks... guarded 1 position
The core... 44 Pts 17 Rebounds 14 assists 6 steals... guarded 3 positions

As great as AD is... he can only guard one player... Pelicans lost... we won... we have the better record.

And our core will eventually produce 50 points a night, while AD will usually score no more than 30.


If you trade AD for the worst team in the league, you can get 100 pts a night and guard all 5 positions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24871

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Trade values rising....... 🔥


Smh
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 7281

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
drae wrote:
The whole young core was fantastic. Normally 1 or 2 play well, but it seemed like everybody played well this game. I don't want to trade the core for AD, I'm pretty attached to them and trading for AD would require most of the core

Best game from Kuzma for ... a while now. He hasn't been playing well lately


AD tonight 41 pts 9 Rebounds 2 assists 4 blocks... guarded 1 position
The core... 44 Pts 17 Rebounds 14 assists 6 steals... guarded 3 positions

As great as AD is... he can only guard one player... Pelicans lost... we won... we have the better record.

And our core will eventually produce 50 points a night, while AD will usually score no more than 30.


If you trade AD for the worst team in the league, you can get 100 pts a night and guard all 5 positions


Average record during AD's career in NO...

36 and 46.

Call him... the Difference Maker...

All joking aside, I'm happy to sign him as a free agent... just don't believe he moves the needle enough to gut the core.

Can we win with 3 superstars and minimum contracts?

Possible if... LBJ doesn't slow down at all... if AD doesn't get hurt... if they have good chemistry with KD or whoever the third agent is.

Remember also that the Miami big 3 were all in their primes...

The Laker big 3 would probably have a declining LBJ... a possibly injured AD... and KD.

If this happens, I'll still happily root for the team... but I think we'd have a two year window to win... and then it would be back to rebuilding mode.

We'd have to fluke some free agent signings and have something random happen like Svi or Bonga become starter quality in the next couple years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 1417

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

I appreciate the process with the Kids. Although many cant seem to grasp the process of development and fail to realize how other young all stars faired the first 5 years in the league, I do not. Its fun to watch them grow each night.
_________________
*Paging Mike "Doo Doo" Brown to the front desk*

Thee Jason in LA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 2219

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Can we win it all with AD/KD/LBJ + scrubs?


That’s basically what Miami did. The #4 player on the first title team was Mario Chalmers.


Yeah, it's as if people didn't watch basketball before the Warriors. Or they are being purposely disingenuous.

Some of these posts are ridiculously illogical. Comparing 4 players to what AD by himself can do and trying to spin that in favor of the young core over AD is laughable. I really hate how certain portions of fan bases fall so in love with homegrown players. Leads to delusional discussions like this
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 738

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

I hope sometime in the near future Mo will be so impactful his name would have to be added to the title of this thread...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 7281

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Can we win it all with AD/KD/LBJ + scrubs?


That’s basically what Miami did. The #4 player on the first title team was Mario Chalmers.


Yeah, it's as if people didn't watch basketball before the Warriors. Or they are being purposely disingenuous.

Some of these posts are ridiculously illogical. Comparing 4 players to what AD by himself can do and trying to spin that in favor of the young core over AD is laughable. I really hate how certain portions of fan bases fall so in love with homegrown players. Leads to delusional discussions like this


I explained in detail the impact that Jordan, Magic, Shaq, and Kareem had on their respective teams.

AD had none of their impact.

Is it possible he will? Yes.

But it's possible he gets hurt... LBJ gets old and we have a repeat of the Shaq, Kobe, Mailman, Glove season.

At least I try to present a side of the argument like it isn't absolute preordained fact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5030
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I think the young players are all on about schedule adjusting to Lebron. Kuzma is probably ahead of the curve, then Hart who is more of a support role guy, and BI probably has it the hardest, having to give up the ball and be more off-ball to be successful with LBJ.
_________________
LAKERS 2018-2019: A NEW HOPE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Yellow
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I think the young players are all on about schedule adjusting to Lebron. Kuzma is probably ahead of the curve, then Hart who is more of a support role guy, and BI probably has it the hardest, having to give up the ball and be more off-ball to be successful with LBJ.


Sounds about right. Looking at LBJ's previous teams:

Rough starts:
2011 Heat: 9-8
2015 Cavaliers: 5-7
2019 Lakers: 2-5

After 23 games:
2011 Heat: 15-8
2015 Cavaliers: 14-9
2019 Lakers: 14-9

The Heat finished 58-24. The Cavaliers finished 53-29 (that said, they made major trades for JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, Timofey Mozgov; the team actually started 19-20! )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9784

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

These guys have to pan out. Once we get the 2nd max, it’s gonna be buncha mins plus these 4 (which then we can go over cap to keep)... these 4 is the rotation starters/6th man plan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 2281

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Trade values rising....... 🔥


Naw. We're not trading them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sina
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 1133

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

[quote="Sentient Meat"][quote="durden-tyler"]We have a big issue with them (except for Hart it seems), it's how they play on the road, the difference with home games is brutal...

[b][u]Ingram [/u][/b]
Home: NETRTG +5.9
Road: NETRTG : -1.9

[b][u]Ball[/u][/b]
Home: NETRTG +2.3
Road: NETRTG : -10.2

[b][u]Kuzma[/u][/b]
Home: NETRTG +5.2
Road: NETRTG : -4.9[/quote]

I think this is super encouraging.

You'd worry more if they always played mediocre... but if they can play well under certain conditions... they can eventually reproduce that performance on the road.[/quote]

Agreed. It’s encouraging that we’ve achieved 5th seeds in the west with 3 of them start and all are playing heavy minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 9465
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Did we trade them for AD?
.else lock this thread


First thing I thought when I saw this thread as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB