Which five players should be in our starting lineup and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
mcgee, he's our mvp so far
lebron, because hes famous
kcp, only one that can shoot fts and threes
beasley, hes good
hart, only young player showing ANY improvement

Good lord. The hatred runs deep.

That’s not even the best one!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
Our best starting lineup would be

Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Even assuming you could get Lebron to agree to this, is Ingram still the best option at the 3? Hart, KCP and Zo can all defend there, and make more sense offensively.

All the cuts to the basket etc that Kuzma is now getting, Ingram would be getting, and Ingram showed last year how effective he could be with those kinds of plays and a passer at the 4.

Look at all the plays Ingram and Randle had last year and the success through them, now imagine LeBron playing the 4 instead of Randle and you should have a general idea how that could work.

Also, Kuzma is shooting 29% from three this year, if he no longer has that advantage over Ingram, Ingram trumps him most anywhere else ESPECIALLY on the defensive end. So when it comes down to it.

That and you also add a legitimate three point option in Josh Hart to the starting lineup whom LeBron or Lonzo would be able to find.

If you want a small hint about how well Ingram could work off ball with LeBron at the 4 and himself at the 3 you should watch this LakerFilmRoom video

This is how it should have been all year. It puts Ingram in his best position to succeed, it DOESN'T change LeBron's role much especially considering how well he plays the 4 and it puts a legit three point shooter in the starting lineup in Hart that can also rebound the ball above average at his position.

So again, the best chance at maximizing the talent we have is with that lineup. Why Luke continuously refuses to go with it is a testament to him being unable or unwilling to put the talent in the best position to succeed.

I'd rather not watch Ingram traded away to a team that finally plays him at his position and watch him flourish while some Lakers fans that ignored he was playing out of position go "Where was that when he was here!?"

LeBron has a thing where he will always force one significant player out of their comfort zone and make them play a style that doesn't suit them or their strengths (Kevin Love and Chris Bosh) but it's always them that gets blamed for it.

Ingram is in that boat right now, he was flourishing in the role he had last year AND he was a great 1-2 punch with the combination of Randle at the 4 and his passing along with Ingram's improving ability at his off the ball skills.

The common knowledge or thought when we got LeBron was that he'd be at the 4, effectively replacing Randle and what Randle was doing at that position in terms of the passing, etc and what it would do for Ingram and help his advancement even further.

However, ALL OF THAT was put to a halt this year because they refuse to play LeBron at the 4 and are forcing Ingram to play the 2, a position he is not good for nor maximized at as is obvious by now.

And once more, Ingram gets blamed for not being able to excel at a position that is not his natural one nor does it take advantage of his strengths whatsoever.

The reality is if the Lakers land their precious "max" next off-season of Durant or Kawhi, then LeBron is going to be maining the 4 anyway and being a year older whilst doing it.

So why continue to force Ingram to play the 2, and keep LeBron at a position he won't be playing if the Lakers 2nd max idea works out?

All it does is continue to halt whatever improvements Ingram was making, and not maximize him till the Lakers make another hasty decision and move him, only to watch him flourish on another team because they couldn't understand how to utilize him properly despite all the evidence, and took him for granted like they did the other 2.

It's frustrating how it's such a fixable situation, yet no one has the guts to make the call.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Except Lebron doesn't remotely play like Randle. Frankly, it doesn't matter what position he's nominally at. He's a point forward, who works off the dribble. Placing him at the "4" isn't going to magically change that, dude.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject:

beale
hart
kuz
bron
mcgee
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Except Lebron doesn't remotely play like Randle. .

No, he's a better scorer and passer and do you feel like LeBron wouldn't be setting up plays like this for Ingram but at an entire other level?

Go to 4:22

Again, this is what we expected LeBron to be doing for Ingram while playing the 4 and Ingram remaining the 3. There's no reason why this still wouldn't work if that actually became the case we were all expecting, and the reason we all expected it was because it made(and continues to make) the most sense.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I Want to see the Feisty Squad (Hart, KCP, Lance) in the Starting Lineup along with Lebron and Mcgee. So the starters would be:

Hart
KCP
Lance
Lebron
McGee

Bench:
Lonzo
Svi
Ingram
Kuzma
Chandler

The key to this is that the young guys (lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma) find some kind of synergy against weaker benches.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Same starters. Sub in Josh Hart earlier for Brandon Ingram. Transfer his minutes more to the bench unit, where they need shot creation in Rondo's absence.

But if I were to be more bold, put Kuzma on the bench, have Ingram at 3, start Hart or KCP at 2.

This. Utilize Kuz as instant offense off the bench. We don't really have anyone else well-suited for that role aside from perhaps Beasley. I'd prefer to see Luke insert Hart as the starting SG and stick with it for a good while to see how it plays out. Seems like good things happen when Hart gets to play alongside LBJ. If BI is struggling early, keep a short leash and swap him out for Kuz/Beez/Lance/KCP as needed.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Today’s starting line vs. Dallas (11/30/18):

LeBron
Ingram
Kuzma
Zo
McGee

Serious question. Why get LeBron if your going to start him with a bunch of non-shooters? He’s the best 3pt ‘sniper’ of this^ group and we look terrible on both sides of the floor.

I don’t think any of the sofa coaches in this thread even suggested the above starting lineup because it doesn’t make sense. Get Luke help. Now.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:

I want this first lineup

https://tinyurl.com/yc4nrd75
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

PG: Ball - . Plays team concept. Solid defender
SG: KCP - start to get confidence up. when confident hawk defender and hits the 3ball at 40% clip
SF: LeBron - best when freelanced and not with obligatory role position(pf)
PF: Kuzma - stretch 4. his shot will come.
C: McGee - active shot blocking 5

ingram and hart come off the bench and can excel at multiple positions. both may close the game.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Rondo
KCP/Lance
Ingram
LBJ
McGee

This is quite the disaster lineup.

Rondo/BI/LBJ should never see the court together. All 3 need the ball in their hands and LBJ should frankly have it over them.

I don't have a problem switching Ingram for Kuzma or Hart... I don't care who starts

I'm only saying that Lonzo and Ingram will do better without being put in a lineup where they have to defer to vets, and with one that has shooters.

Keep them away from Lance.

Let Lance freestyle with LBJ.

I actually like Lonzo's fit with LBJ. I don't think LBJ needs more ball pounding PG play from a guy like Rondo. I think BI is the most affected out of all our young core. But he has to adapt, not the other way around.

I disagree. Everyone should adapt to each other. LBJ more than anyone. He’s the best player on the planet for a reason. Because he has all of the ability available and SHOULD therefore be able to adapt easier Than a less skilled player. The Mamba ALWAYS had to adapt to the talent around him ever since the Shaq era. Brandon has adapted more than anyone on our team over the last two years playing more roles than ANYONE changing on a month to month basis,... but we’re aggravated he can’t find consistency when he’s never had the same role longer than 20 games.🙄
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Rondo
KCP/Lance
Ingram
LBJ
McGee

Rondo/BI/LBJ should never see the court together. All 3 need the ball in their hands and LBJ should frankly have it over them.

I don't have a problem switching Ingram for Kuzma or Hart... I don't care who starts

I'm only saying that Lonzo and Ingram will do better without being put in a lineup where they have to defer to vets, and with one that has shooters.

I actually like Lonzo's fit with LBJ. I don't think LBJ needs more ball pounding PG play from a guy like Rondo. I think BI is the most affected out of all our young core. But he has to adapt, not the other way around.

I disagree. Everyone should adapt to each other. LBJ more than anyone. He’s the best player on the planet for a reason. Because he has all of the ability available and SHOULD therefore be able to adapt easier Than a less skilled player. The Mamba ALWAYS had to adapt to the talent around him ever since the Shaq era. Brandon has adapted more than anyone on our team over the last two years playing more roles than ANYONE changing on a month to month basis,... but we’re aggravated he can’t find consistency when he’s never had the same role longer than 20 games.🙄

His consistency issues are related to his style of play and effort far more than role changes.

And GTFO here with the Kobe adjusted to his teammates BS. Kobe was always Kobe and the other guys fell in line as the young Lakers should(and are for the most part).
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Rondo
KCP/Lance
Ingram
LBJ
McGee

His consistency issues are related to his style of play and effort far more than role changes.

And GTFO here with the Kobe adjusted to his teammates BS. Kobe was always Kobe and the other guys fell in line as the young Lakers should(and are for the most part).

Lol, that's what I thought as well.
Steve Nash pretty much became a spot up shooter with Kobe, Gasol even had a stretches on the bench.
If HOFamers adjusted in pursuit of making it work, why should LbJ bend over backwards for some prospects?
lakerfan2012
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Ball
Hart
Ingram
LBJ
McGee

Sub Kuzma for Ingram earlier in the first and have Ingram start the 2nd quarter with the bench unit
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If there weren't any politics involved, I'd try:

Lonzo
Hart
LBJ
Kuz
JaVale

These would be my starters.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo
Hart
LBJ
Kuz
JaVale

Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject:

I would keep the starters the way it is right now, because they are seeing success. If it's not broke, don't fix it. The length of our starting line up is really good. Defensively, we are getting better as a unit.

Before I wanted Zo, Hart, BI, LeBron, McGee.

Kuzma to me is a better bench player, because he's more so 1 dimensional and provides more of a scoring punch - even though he has been rebounding pretty well for the past few games. 6th man would fit him, especially since it was his role last year. If we keep playing Beasley, there would be no need to put Kuz on the bench because they are virtually the same player.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject:

Dont change something that works. Simple.

Most important thing is which 5 should close the games. IMO its Ball, Hart, LBJ,Kuz, Tyson. I still do not trust BI and Tyson is kind of player to close the games. I love Mcgee also but....
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Most important thing is which 5 should close the games. IMO its Ball, Hart, LBJ,Kuz, Tyson. I still do not trust BI and Tyson is kind of player to close the games. I love Mcgee also but....

I dont know.
Been having slow starts the last couple of games no?

I'm still a fan of the lineup with the best net rating (mins over 50 mins)

https://tinyurl.com/y9e2dvou
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
defense wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo
Hart
LBJ
Kuz
JaVale

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

I dont know.

At this point, it’s gonna take a really bad stretch for a change.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

I dont know.

If SAS comes out and outscores the Lakers in the 1st quarter by 10+ I'll go insane.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

I dont know.

If SAS comes out and outscores the Lakers in the 1st quarter by 10+ I'll go insane.

Prepare your shrink
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
PauPau wrote:
defense wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo
Hart
LBJ
Kuz
JaVale

Easily my starters. But I also understand of politics of trying to get Ingram’s trade value at its highest for a AD trade.

However, what they can do is stick Ingram as a starter for the first couple or so minutes, quickly sub in Hart for Ingram, then much later in the 1st, sub back Ingram where he can do his own thing with the 2nd unit crew.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

I've heard NBA players say "it's not as important who starts as who finishes".

Anyways, I'd start:

Javale McGee
Lebron James
Brandon Ingram
Josh Hart
Lonzo Ball

I'd finish the game with:

Tyson Chandler
Lebron James
Kyle Kuzma
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lonzo Ball
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: