Luka Doncic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ted
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3413

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Luka Doncic

This kid is the real deal, and he's only 19!

He's currently averaging 19 ppg, 6.6 rbp, 4.3 apg, fg 45%, 3p near 40%

A 19 year old 6'7 point guard who plays like a veteran. Imagine how good he can be with a few years under his belt. Somehow I hope we steal him in a few years Too bad we didn't have the #2 pick in this years draft and not last years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 25475

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject:

He's pretty damn amazing. Not missing a beat...AT ALL. Some of the shotmaking he put up tonight was filthy.
_________________
(bleep) those 2 guys. Onward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3590

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately he seems to be one of those players who put up great numbers and yet for some reason whenever I'm watching him he does nothing of note. Jokic is the same way. But I'm impressed by the stats and even more by the Mavs' success. Seems like he's really got it, and I agree, we did not have good luck in which years we had high picks. Seems like this draft was the best in a while.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 5117
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Unfortunately he seems to be one of those players who put up great numbers and yet for some reason whenever I'm watching him he does nothing of note. Jokic is the same way. But I'm impressed by the stats and even more by the Mavs' success. Seems like he's really got it, and I agree, we did not have good luck in which years we had high picks. Seems like this draft was the best in a while.


You must not have been watching closely then.

He is the best player on a team that was projected to be bad and is now positioned for a playoff spot in the loaded west*. And he just turned 19.

*okay, okay, their bench hugely contributes, but still
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 103637

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

This guy is going to be a real problem down the road. Such a talented player.

He was tearing up the 2nd best league in the world as a teenager.
_________________
-LBJ and AD will have 1st team All NBA seasons
-Both will be top 5 MVP candidates
-Boogie will be a 6MOY and/or Most Improved candidate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 5701

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Sucks to be ATL Hawks front office right now. They had him, and yet traded him away for some undersized one dimensional Steph Curry wanna-be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 15469
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

He is a veteran, in a way.
Dude's been playing pro basketball for years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 2822

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Love his game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ted
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3413

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Sucks to be ATL Hawks front office right now. They had him, and yet traded him away for some undersized one dimensional Steph Curry wanna-be.


Trae is good, but Luka is going to be great. Only time will tell, but I'd take Luka's skills over TY's any day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 25475

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This guy is going to be a real problem down the road. Such a talented player.

He was tearing up the 2nd best league in the world as a teenager.


Dude was hitiing Kobe/Steph degree of diffuculty shots all last night. So smooth.
_________________
(bleep) those 2 guys. Onward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 16618

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

My favorite player in the draft from jump.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 844

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

This kid is amazing. His feel for it is special and then comes the execution..superb player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 103637

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

When we talk about our young core, bear in mind this kid is much younger than them and is already showing amazing signs of stardom. When the inevitable "but wait 2-3 years" defense is used for our guys, imagine him in 2-3 years.
_________________
-LBJ and AD will have 1st team All NBA seasons
-Both will be top 5 MVP candidates
-Boogie will be a 6MOY and/or Most Improved candidate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61543
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
When we talk about our young core, bear in mind this kid is much younger than them and is already showing amazing signs of stardom. When the inevitable "but wait 2-3 years" defense is used for our guys, imagine him in 2-3 years.


We usually say wait 2-3 years because there's NBA physical maturity that's involved or some specific skills, usually both.

Luka was there from age 17.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/Cousins


http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 103637

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
When we talk about our young core, bear in mind this kid is much younger than them and is already showing amazing signs of stardom. When the inevitable "but wait 2-3 years" defense is used for our guys, imagine him in 2-3 years.


We usually say wait 2-3 years because there's NBA physical maturity that's involved or some specific skills, usually both.

Luka was there from age 17.


my point is imagine Luka in 2-3 years...his floor is ridiculous.
_________________
-LBJ and AD will have 1st team All NBA seasons
-Both will be top 5 MVP candidates
-Boogie will be a 6MOY and/or Most Improved candidate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61543
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
When we talk about our young core, bear in mind this kid is much younger than them and is already showing amazing signs of stardom. When the inevitable "but wait 2-3 years" defense is used for our guys, imagine him in 2-3 years.


We usually say wait 2-3 years because there's NBA physical maturity that's involved or some specific skills, usually both.

Luka was there from age 17.


my point is imagine Luka in 2-3 years...his floor is ridiculous.


I kind of already think he's near peak because there isn't a lot of athleticism to unravel. He already does a lot of advanced stuff on the floor.

The upside really changes if he shoots astronomically from distance.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/Cousins


http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 2609

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject:

If Luka were a Laker, LG would be screaming for him to be traded after the game he just had against us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3590

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject:

Like I said, he never does much when I'm watching. Lucky for him I'm not a Mavs fan. Also, is it me, or does he look kind of chubby?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 7619

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

Didn’t have a good shooting game against us but he’s got superstar written all over him. Incredible talent and feel for the game. He’s the best prospect of the last few drafts IMO and that’s coming from a big Simmons fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 15101

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Didn’t have a good shooting game against us but he’s got superstar written all over him. Incredible talent and feel for the game. He’s the best prospect of the last few drafts IMO and that’s coming from a big Simmons fan.

hes a star in the making but dont be shocked if JJJ best player out of the last couple drafts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 21816

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
When we talk about our young core, bear in mind this kid is much younger than them and is already showing amazing signs of stardom. When the inevitable "but wait 2-3 years" defense is used for our guys, imagine him in 2-3 years.


We usually say wait 2-3 years because there's NBA physical maturity that's involved or some specific skills, usually both.

Luka was there from age 17.


my point is imagine Luka in 2-3 years...his floor is ridiculous.


I kind of already think he's near peak because there isn't a lot of athleticism to unravel. He already does a lot of advanced stuff on the floor.

The upside really changes if he shoots astronomically from distance.

Disagree. If he's committed, he has a lot of room to transform his body and take at least a half-step up athletically. And skilled players often become more skilled at rates comparable to less skilled players of the same age.
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 11823

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Didn’t have a good shooting game against us but he’s got superstar written all over him. Incredible talent and feel for the game. He’s the best prospect of the last few drafts IMO and that’s coming from a big Simmons fan.


he's nothing with Brandon guarding him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 12199

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

He’s gonna be scary good, dude’s special already at age 19.
_________________
My Dream Starting 5 next Season

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 844

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
If Luka were a Laker, LG would be screaming for him to be traded after the game he just had against us.


I doubt that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ted
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3413

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Luka GOAT. That step back J is a beauty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB