Why are the Clippers more successful than us FOR THESE PAST 7 YEARS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
ahaider wrote:
pio2u wrote:
cital wrote:
YSong wrote:
Because as fans we overrate our young guys. Also Doc is a much better motivator and coach than Luke.

THIS!
TRU DAT

Doc is a good coach

Actually most people here don't overrate the guys - it's rather their patience doesn't align with their development

Either way, at this point, Doc is a better coach than Luke.

Game thread ?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
pio2u wrote:
ahaider wrote:
pio2u wrote:
cital wrote:
YSong wrote:
Because as fans we overrate our young guys. Also Doc is a much better motivator and coach than Luke.

THIS!
TRU DAT

Doc is a good coach

Actually most people here don't overrate the guys - it's rather their patience doesn't align with their development

Either way, at this point, Doc is a better coach than Luke.

Game thread ?

I've been cruising\island hopping in the Caribbean. I'll be back next week.

Internet here is slow as molasses, like 1984-ish.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

This season thus far sure. Thread title is misleading as hell. If you were a casual basketball fan and only read LG you would think the Clippers won 16 World Titles and the Lakers have been bums for 5 decades
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Doc is an azz clown
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject:

what

how many chips have they won

moving on
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

to answer OP, the CLips right now are far more talented than we are. I mean that overall. LG will argue we have more talent with defense, stars, rebounding, etc. But so what. They have way more shooting talent. They're not bricking fts for losses, and bricking everything while down 2 pts with 1 minute left (I'm talking desperate threes and other shots, you gotta be able to make those).

We had Lou, and we didn't like him. For no reason really. Now they have him and he is doing great. I'd love to have his 90+ ft% on this squad. But we dont like that. We don't like KCP either, right? ANyone who is a good shooter, we dont like. Well, now we have this bad shooting team and we are wondering why a good shooting team is better than us?

screw the clips.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
what

moving on

I think the OP was asking about this season. Not all-time.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
what

moving on

OP was asking about the past few years
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
what

moving on

Ok. But they have won as many chips as we have the past few years and gotten further in the playoffs.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
what

moving on

Ok. But they have won as many chips as we have the past few years and gotten further in the playoffs.

Lakers are a chip-or-bust type of team so by that measure we have been equally unsuccessful as the Clippers
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers are a mirage...Only have average and some good players. They won't be able to sustain winning so much without great players.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Bol wrote:
Apparently you get a trophy now for going 14-6. Good deal.

I don’t think that’s the point. Seing the Clippers fail in epic fashion is so much fun.

It’s just that now they aren’t a joke anymore because West brings credibility combined with Ballmer’s deep pockets. The Lakers have competition now, this isn’t the joke clippers anymore, although I would love to see another epic fail. I just think they have staying power in the playoff chase.

Stars win in the playoffs so I don’t see them as a championship threat, but they are set up to possible land star(s) this summer.

It's going to take some time for people in Southern California to adjust to the idea that Donald Sterling is gone and that the Clippers are not regarded as a joke around the league any more. That's understandable. The question is whether potential free agents view the Clippers as a serious destination. We shall see.

It apparently is also quite the challenge for certain fans to realize that, in comparison to the Lakers, the Clippers have been the better team, have attracted better players, and have had better front office leadership for almost the past 7 years.

But 7 years is nothing. Thread is basically saying the Clippers are better if you don’t include prime Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Wilt, etc. and include Blake and CP3 in the comparisons. So you have to throw out all the Laker greats and include some of the greatest players the Clippers ever had.

Yes the Clippers have been better recently. But the Lakers were rebuilding. From 2012 until June of 2018, who wasn’t better than the Lakers?
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
to answer OP, the CLips right now are far more talented than we are. I mean that overall. LG will argue we have more talent with defense, stars, rebounding, etc. But so what. They have way more shooting talent. They're not bricking fts for losses, and bricking everything while down 2 pts with 1 minute left (I'm talking desperate threes and other shots, you gotta be able to make those).

We had Lou, and we didn't like him. For no reason really. Now they have him and he is doing great. I'd love to have his 90+ ft% on this squad. But we dont like that. We don't like KCP either, right? ANyone who is a good shooter, we dont like. Well, now we have this bad shooting team and we are wondering why a good shooting team is better than us?

screw the clips.

Welcome to LG

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

screw the clips.

Welcome to LG

We don't even like Lebron

Although I understand trading Lou Will for a 1st round pick
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bol wrote:
Apparently you get a trophy now for going 14-6. Good deal.

I don’t think that’s the point. Seing the Clippers fail in epic fashion is so much fun.

It’s just that now they aren’t a joke anymore because West brings credibility combined with Ballmer’s deep pockets. The Lakers have competition now, this isn’t the joke clippers anymore, although I would love to see another epic fail. I just think they have staying power in the playoff chase.

Stars win in the playoffs so I don’t see them as a championship threat, but they are set up to possible land star(s) this summer.

I don’t remember anyone on LG caring about the Clippers failing until the Clippers stopped being terrible. So even people wanting them to lose makes them look relevant.

The Lakers had a lot more haters over the years. People wanted players like Shaq and Kobe to fail.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

screw the clips.

Welcome to LG

We traded Lou for Kuzma. That was a great deal.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

screw the clips.

Welcome to LG

Debatable.

I take Lou over Kuzma but that’s because I like winning.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

screw the clips.

Welcome to LG

Debatable.

Rather have Kuzma's tiny rookie contract over Lou's. Not to mention Kuz is way younger and has some potential.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

screw the clips.

Welcome to LG

Not even close.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
what

moving on

Lakers are a chip-or-bust type of team so by that measure we have been equally unsuccessful as the Clippers

No we aren’t. But you knew what the OP meant right? Like, I don’t need to explain it.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

screw the clips.

Welcome to LG

Debatable.

Rather have Kuzma's tiny rookie contract over Lou's. Not to mention Kuz is way younger and has some potential.

That’s why I said debatable.

Lou Wil’s contract is tiny too compared to the value he adds to a team. Essentially it’s a trade off between young and old. Kuzma has indicated that he wants to be a max player lol.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
As a basketball ops guy Jerry West is no damn joke people.

Have you all heard the rumored story of him threatening to quit if the Warriors traded Thompson for Love? Apparently everyone else in the room was down to acquire Love except him, so he lost it.

Long-story short: They respected his opinion so much that they listened ... and hung four banners.

He’s the real deal. Not many executives would have the balls to tell their owner that your newly signed (to long-term deal) franchise player is not the one.

Gets rid of Blake and gets great return
They let DeAndre go
Even the CP3 trade netted them key contributors Lou, Harrell and Beverly.

Jerry West is a boss. Shame egos got in the way because now the clippers are reaping the benefits.

A common theme it seems.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Top 10 in O
Top 10 in D
Top 10 in FG%
Top 10 in 3P%
Top 10 in FT% Lakers are 26th in that.

It's almost like this guy Jerry West crafted the Lakers team that Shaq said yes to joining.. and is now trying to do similar with Kawhi.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Top 10 in O
Top 10 in D
Top 10 in FG%
Top 10 in 3P%
Top 10 in FT% Lakers are 26th in that.

It's almost like this guy Jerry West crafted the Lakers team that Shaq said yes to joining.. and is now trying to do similar with Kawhi.

he went to memphis and now theyre good. (I like to think he told Pau to go to Lakers).
He went to the Warriors, and now theyre a dynasty.
He went to the damn clippers and now theyre good.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
The Clippers are a mirage...Only have average and some good players. They won't be able to sustain winning so much without great players.

They just need to do enough to entice a big name free agent to sign with them.....and somehow they are in the conversation turning other teams garbage into a team that is winning right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: