Who’s going to step up and be our #2 option?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma would be the clear cut 2nd option if he could just hit these open 3s at a decent rate
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Kuzma would be the clear cut 2nd option if he could just hit these open 3s at a decent rate

Lol... you could say the same about Ingram.

I do like Kuzma's confidence the best of the young guys... but you are so biased against Ingram it's hard to take much from your posts.

I realize you could say I'm too optimistic about him... but I'll say when he has a bad game.

You seem to mostly post about his failures and little else.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

I do like Kuzma's confidence the best of the young guys... but you are so biased against Ingram it's hard to take much from your posts.

I realize you could say I'm too optimistic about him... but I'll say when he has a bad game.

Am I really against Ingram or are you just overly affectionate about him?.. I said Kuzma because he seems to be the ideal fit next to LeBron as hes not ball dominant. If he could get the 3p% back up to the 36% area from last year he would score 20 a night easy next to LeBron.

Its worth noting that I’ve definitely acknowledged when BI has been good .. it just hasnt happened much so far. Tbh I’m not very high on any of our guys right now other than LeBron and JaVale.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

Am I really against Ingram or are you just overly affectionate about him?.. I said Kuzma because he seems to be the ideal fit next to LeBron as hes not ball dominant. If he could get the 3p% back up to the 36% area from last year he would score 20 a night easy next to LeBron.

Its worth noting that I’ve definitely acknowledged when BI has been good .. it just hasnt happened much so far. Tbh I’m not very high on any of our guys right now other than LeBron and JaVale.

I don't think you are wrong in what you say... and unlike some others you interact in a pleasant way about it.

But I do notice a larger ratio of negative to positive posts about him even though he's actually played well the last few games.

And I don't seem to see a lot of Kuzma or Lonzo negativity from you... though I admit I'm on their boards less.

I don't think Ingram has made the necessary improvements yet.

Randle showed way more growth in his "third" season than BI has so far.

But I feel he puts great quarters of play up... and it's only a matter of time before he starts stringing quarters into halves... and halves into games.

If he can get up to 54% to 55% TS efficiency... get his FTs to over 70%...
get his threes going a little more... I think he's worth keeping.

I'm defensive or protective of him, as I am of Svi, because people jump all over them because they don't have that alpha personality.

I get frustrated with the guy too... but I just feel it's way too early to throw in the towel on him.

People think Beal will change everything... but if he's winning nothing in Washington... I'm not sure much will change here either.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

I don't think you are wrong in what you say... and unlike some others you interact in a pleasant way about it.

But I do notice a larger ratio of negative to positive posts about him even though he's actually played well the last few games.

And I don't seem to see a lot of Kuzma or Lonzo negativity from you... though I admit I'm on their boards less.

I don't think Ingram has made the necessary improvements yet.

Randle showed way more growth in his "third" season than BI has so far.

But I feel he puts great quarters of play up... and it's only a matter of time before he starts stringing quarters into halves... and halves into games.

If he can get up to 54% to 55% TS efficiency... get his FTs to over 70%...
get his threes going a little more... I think he's worth keeping.

I'm defensive or protective of him, as I am of Svi, because people jump all over them because they don't have that alpha personality.

I get frustrated with the guy too... but I just feel it's way too early to throw in the towel on him.

People think Beal will change everything... but if he's winning nothing in Washington... I'm not sure much will change here either.

Oh trust me I’ve been on Lonzo’s ass especially in game threads. Hes been frustrating me a whole lot but i also understand that he basically missed an entire summer. This compels me to be a little patient ..
With Brandon its just the lack of progression thats irritating me. Year 3 I hoped he would get to the line more, shoot a better FT% and at least attempt more 3s with confidence. Havent seen either. Maybe him and Svi are just in the wrong system idk. I just think year 3 for someone like Brandon will tell a lot about his ceiling and so far its been disappointing. This guy was selected behind Simmons.
And Ive stated this before Beal is a good strikeout option.. not a 1st 2nd or 3rd option .. gotta go for KD, Kawhi, Klay & Kemba first
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

^^ and just to add, with Kuzma he is what he is. Volume scorer. We all know hes a terrible defender one of the worst in the league, probably the only reason that i dont harp on him about it. Its like beating a dead horse i guess.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

Ingram won't take the 3's so there's a pretty wide difference in the statement.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: