Inconsistency and Lack of Chemistry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the cause for the Lakers lack of effort and awareness?
Players are bad fit
39%
 39%  [ 13 ]
Laker of player development
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Lebron not taking over games
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Head Coach
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 33

nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Inconsistency and Lack of Chemistry

I've seen a recurring pattern of laziness from many players on both sides of the ball. Night in and night out it seems like the fire is missing, especially in regards to communication and chemistry.

I have my own thoughts as to why they're are struggling. But what do you think is going on with this team? What needs to change for them to reach that next gear and execute? They are losing games when clearly they have the talent to at the least grind out a win.

What do you think is the main issue that is causing their lack of effort and focus?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Coach. NBA players know how to play. That's why they've made it to this level. Organization and motivation are the coach's responsibility. Luke Walton is failing this team.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

No one on this team respects Luke so how would there be chemistry when you don't even have chemistry with your coach.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I didn't pick any of those options on the poll, because they missed the main reason this team is so Jekyll and Hyde. It's the pace at which they play, and the space on the floor.

The Lakers, for the most part, have begun to play a more slow, half court based offense, which favors LeBron's playstyle, but not the youngun's. But, that's counteracted by LeBron not having the shooting big, that he's accustomed to having. Zydrunas/Chandler/Love, in Cleveland. Bosh in Miami. Lakers have ZERO outside shooting bigs. That kills the spacing for LeBron, and others.

So, in all honesty, this team is now a half court team, unless LeBron decides to play differently...which I doubt. That most likely being the case, the coach/roster will most likely vastly change. If not by this trading deadline, then next offseason. Thought this might happen, but hoped it wouldn't, smh. Hope I'm proven wrong.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
I didn't pick any of those options on the poll, because they missed the main reason this team is so Jekyll and Hyde. It's the pace at which they play, and the space on the floor.

The Lakers, for the most part, have begun to play a more slow, half court based offense, which favors LeBron's playstyle, but not the youngun's. But, that's counteracted by LeBron not having the shooting big, that he's accustomed to having. Zydrunas/Chandler/Love, in Cleveland. Bosh in Miami. Lakers have ZERO outside shooting bigs. That kills the spacing for LeBron, and others.

So, in all honesty, this team is now a half court team, unless LeBron decides to play differently...which I doubt. That most likely being the case, the coach/roster will most likely vastly change. If not by this trading deadline, then next offseason. Thought this might happen, but hoped it wouldn't, smh. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Pace would be on the head coach, I would think

Last edited by Kobe2Lonz0 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

Pace and Spacing would fall on the head coach, yes?

Yes, and the FO.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

Pace and Spacing would fall on the head coach, yes?

Yes, and the FO.

You guys are correct, smh. I just skimmed before posting like a dumb ass and went back and edited my comments
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

What is the cause for the Lakers lack of effort and awareness?

a lazy effort on d ... you decide who
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

It’s both coach and fit.

And one way you can tell its both, imo, is when you pretty much never blow anyone out. Usually if its one thing, it’ll all come together once in a while. I think we had one comfortable win vs Suns and that’s it.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

IMO it is a combination of all the above.

Doubt changing the HC will inspire James to play harder on defense? Or for the young players to be more assertive with the pace and sharing style instead of deferring to James? Or cause shots to drop? A new HC will be empowered to be critical of James when he deserves it?

This entire roster and current plan is a contradiction this season and likely next. We have to take the good with the bad. James is amazing. Arguably the GOAT. Yet he is a dominant force on the floor. Good and bad. We have to accept that. Same as Kobe was a polarizing focal point so is James. Again, both the good and bad they bring to the table.

Lakers have some bad habits. They are turning the ball over too much. They are atrocious at the FT line. They are settling for bad 3's. Their rebounding and defensive rotations are uninspired most of the time.

Too much overreaction to an uninspired loss in Denver. Get back on track against the Pacers and start another win streak.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

I get I would be laughed out of most rooms....but I just think the issue is Lebron. Everything revolves around him....he plays PG when he wants, he plays PF when he wants.....he plays defense when he wants....he plays team basketball when he wants.....he goes iso when he wants.....he dribbles for 2o seconds and shoots a 28 footer when he wants. How are young guys supposed to consistently play well when the entire flow of the game is determined by Lebron's real time preferences. We never did see All Star Kevin Love look comfortable playing with him.....Kyrie bounced first chance he got. We look a lot like Cav's West in my opinion.....Lebron's greatness will win 45-55 games....a playoff series....but I just do not see it as the formula for success in a league with the Golden State Warriors.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I get I would be laughed out of most rooms....but I just think the issue is Lebron. Everything revolves around him....he plays PG when he wants, he plays PF when he wants.....he plays defense when he wants....he plays team basketball when he wants.....he goes iso when he wants.....he dribbles for 2o seconds and shoots a 28 footer when he wants. How are young guys supposed to consistently play well when the entire flow of the game is determined by Lebron's real time preferences. We never did see All Star Kevin Love look comfortable playing with him.....Kyrie bounced first chance he got. We look a lot like Cav's West in my opinion.....Lebron's greatness will win 45-55 games....a playoff series....but I just do not see it as the formula for success in a league with the Golden State Warriors.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

NBA execs: The Lakers young core "aint alla dat either."
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

From the choices, I'd pick 1,2 and 4.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I'm right there with you. Has been my concern it would trend this way when his name first was brought up a year ago. Every plan has an upside and a downside. Just hope that the positives outweigh the negatives at the end of the day.

Currently the Lakers are feeling the growing pains of a James led team.

Consistency and chemistry. Not there yet. Will it ever with the potential roster changes this season and next summer.

In Denver we saw a team that is starting to feel the benefits of consistency and roster chemistry. Lakers show flashes every once in a while but still not close to working it out yet. Since James is not likely going to be the one to change it does not bode well for the current roster, pace or HC.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I completely agree.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

I am surprised so many others agree that it is probably difficult to consistently play well with Lebron.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

We just don't have much talent on this team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Unfortunately
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Unfortunately

Sure we aren’t playing the greatest right now but that could be said about ALOT of other teams who are underachieving big time right now as well. An we’re only 3 games behind first place 🥇
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I am surprised so many others agree that it is probably difficult to consistently play well with Lebron.

You don't see it until you actually watch it every game but although he has a reputation as a facilitator... you see that a lot of his passes are unnecessarily high difficulty and dangerous... like he makes many that make him look good, rather than just worrying about completing the pass.

What's bad about this, is other players try to make the same high risk plays... think of someone trying to make a spectacular windmill dunk, instead of simply finishing the play.

So I blame him for some of the turnover culture... Rondo and Magic for example have a 3 to 1 assist turnover ratio... LBJ is 2 to 1.

2 to 1 isn't bad... but the difference is that LBJ makes a lot of unnecessary passes for show, instead of just making a good fundamentally sound feed.

Lonzo also has a 3 to 1 assist/turnover ratio... He's cut down on a lot of fancy passes and is simply doing what he's supposed to do.

So this needs to change. Last night, they took care of the ball... and would have won if someone could shoot from three.

Someone pointed out last night that LBJ's defensive statistical numbers weren't bad... but I'd say that they are bad compared to his ability.

Again, he is the leader... and if people see him taking off plays... they will be less motivated as well. I get that he's trying to pace himself... but nonetheless it has an effect on team effort and morale. He probably yells at players for missing assignments too.

If you yell at people for sloppy play, but make the most turnovers... if you yell at people for missing defensive assignments when you take plays off... if you miss half your free throws... if you are bricking from three... and you are the leader... this will cause poor morale.

I'm still glad we have the guy for his skills... but we need either a better leader on the floor... or on the bench to offset his deficiencies.

Rondo does that to a certain extent, but he still can't shoot.

A shooter with leadership qualities like Kyrie or Damian would be ideal
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Coaching
Fit
Lebron coasting
New team
Young players

Take your pick
All of the above
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

No Shooters - FO

No offensive system - Luke

No soul: Playing for NO now - FO

Our best "prospect" is an iso player that refuses to take perimeter shots created by LBJ.

No ice in our veins. We wilt whenever the other team challenges us.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
No one on this team respects Luke so how would there be chemistry when you don't even have chemistry with your coach.

Where did you read or hear that? A link would be appreciated.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Where did you read or hear that? A link would be appreciated.

second...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: