View previous topic :: View next topic  
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
buduan wrote:
Quote:
I wish they would replace Screamin A Smith with Will Cain.

I'm not a fan of Cain. I can't place it. Have you ever seen or met a person for the first time and for some reason you just don't like them. That's Cain to me.
Quote:
His schtick has gotten old and tiresome. I can't watch First Take most days because of SAS.
It has gotten old. He's not the same as he was with Skip Bayless. For me they were a great fit. Skip kept SAS in line. They could disagree amiably with a edge.

I rarely agree with Will Cain's arguments but he at least comes with very intelligent and well thought out arguments.

SAS does not. EVER. I can't believe this clown is still on First Take. This show was so much better when it was Cold Pizza. Bayless and SAS ruined a good thing by just being pure garbage.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Garbage sells. If it was a reasonable, intelligent debate show, the ratings would tank. And it's also distraction from more serious things. Where else would I find a guy screaming for 15 minutes about the Le'veon Bell saga?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ Get's it. It's a show. Taking SAS serious is a mistake. It's sports vaudeville. Though he does seem to have some valid contacts. When he broke stories in the past they've sometime been first and accurate.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephen-smith-rings-4-mistakes-wildly-inaccurate-chargers-chiefs-preview-172853190.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

SAS is gonna have a ball tomorrow. Colts shut Dallas out. 23-0. Will and Max are in for it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephen-smith-rings-4-mistakes-wildly-inaccurate-chargers-chiefs-preview-172853190.html

Ooops!

What a clown.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
SAS is vicious and confident and vociferous when talking sports, especially basketball.
But when social issues are discussed he becomes Tim Duncan. It's like he's to careful with his words for fear of alienating a part of his audience (white sportslovers). You can almost feel the discomfort he has during the discussion and you get the impression he wants to change the subject and move on.
Max OTH is never afraid to speak out and call anybody out. He's just more socially conscious than SAS. Will Cain is also someone who's not afraid to give his opinion.

SAS has been suspended by ESPN in the past (a few years ago) for some comments he made about women sometimes provoking domestic violence. Ended up having to do an on-air apology after returning from the suspension. I think he's tempered his social commentary down a bit since then...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Garbage sells. If it was a reasonable, intelligent debate show, the ratings would tank. And it's also distraction from more serious things. Where else would I find a guy screaming for 15 minutes about the Le'veon Bell saga?

That's the thing we need to remember about these shows. A good amount of it is acting (but not all of it). You could have Hubie Brown and Mike Fratello debate NBA issues, and even though the substance would be great, it would be boring to the casual NBA fan because both are straight shooters who get their point across without any convoluted BS.

I'm pretty sure that SAS, Max, Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe intentionally exaggerate their viewpoints and opinions to increase ratings. I actually SAS because he's real and speaks his mind, and because I see through him. There's a video of him on YT speaking at a college, and he says something like "I won't always be right, but at least I'll be real and bring the effort and passion" or something like that.

This is why Fox News is arguably the most popular cable channel, while PBS and National Geographic aren't that cool (with most people).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Do I detect a toupee on the head of SAS?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: