Screamin’ A. Smith vs Will Cain
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Screamin’ A. Smith vs Will Cain

Who u got in a head to head debate? Regardless of topic
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Stephen A, he more entertaining!!! but Will Cain spits venom tho, hurtful venoms
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Will Cain
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject:

Stephen A. Smith wrote:
THE THOUGHT, THE AUDACIOUSNESS, THE DAREDEVILRY, THE COURAGEOUSNESS, ADVENTURESOMENESS, THE RECKLESSNESS, THE UNMITIGATED GALL TO SUGGEST THAT WILL CAIN CAN BEAT ME IN A DEBATE! WILL CAIN HAS THE MISFORTUNE OF BELONGING TO THE MOST PATHETIC, MOST EMBARRASSING, MOST ANNOYING GROUP OF PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH: COWBOY FANS. THE DALLAS COWBOYS HAVE ONLY HAD TWO PLAYOFF VICTORIES, TWO(!) PLAYOFF VICTORIES IN THE LAST 23 YEARS. NO MATTER HOW GREAT THEY'RE PLAYING AT ANY GIVEN TIME, ONE THING IS CERTAIN: THE DALLAS COWBOYS ARE AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN. WATCHING THEM SUFFER GIVES ME INDESCRIBABLE PLEASURE. BY THE WAY MOLLY, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC TODAY. MAX, YOUR TIE IS ACTUALLY DECENT. MARVIN LEWIS SHOULD BE FIRED BEFORE I EVEN FINISH TYPING THIS POST.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

SAS. Will got to him this morning. SAS used his position as leverage. He, in essence, said Will was on the program at his pleasure. I didn't like that. Today's show came as close to imploding as I've ever seen it come. I sensed real anger from both SAS and Will.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Stephen A. Smith wrote:
THE THOUGHT, THE AUDACIOUSNESS, THE DAREDEVILRY, THE COURAGEOUSNESS, ADVENTURESOMENESS, THE RECKLESSNESS, THE UNMITIGATED GALL TO SUGGEST THAT WILL CAIN CAN BEAT ME IN A DEBATE! WILL CAIN HAS THE MISFORTUNE OF BELONGING TO THE MOST PATHETIC, MOST EMBARRASSING, MOST ANNOYING GROUP OF PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH: COWBOY FANS. THE DALLAS COWBOYS HAVE ONLY HAD TWO PLAYOFF VICTORIES, TWO(!) PLAYOFF VICTORIES IN THE LAST 23 YEARS. NO MATTER HOW GREAT THEY'RE PLAYING AT ANY GIVEN TIME, ONE THING IS CERTAIN: THE DALLAS COWBOYS ARE AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN. WATCHING THEM SUFFER GIVES ME INDESCRIBABLE PLEASURE. BY THE WAY MOLLY, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC TODAY. MAX, YOUR TIE IS ACTUALLY DECENT. MARVIN LEWIS SHOULD BE FIRED BEFORE I EVEN FINISH TYPING THIS POST.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SAS. Will got to him this morning. SAS used his position as leverage. He, in essence, said Will was on the program at his pleasure. I didn't like that. Today's show came as close to imploding as I've ever seen it come. I sensed real anger from both SAS and Will.

what the hell happened lol
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
jodeke wrote:

what the hell happened lol

There are a bunch of videos. When you have time view them.
LINK

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

SAS pulled rank on Will Cain....it was kinda of a low blow....just remember SAS got his start in TV as a guest commentator on Jim Rome's TV program on Fox Sports Net in the late 90's....so you gotta start somewhere to make it big on TV.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Max Kellerman makes me ill.....similar to the was Skip Bayless did.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
SAS pulled rank on Will Cain....it was kinda of a low blow....just remember SAS got his start in TV as a guest commentator on Jim Rome's TV program on Fox Sports Net in the late 90's....so you gotta start somewhere to make it big on TV.

Yeah, that bothered me. SAS lost some points in my game for doing that. I don't know for sure but I've heard he was the reason Cari Champion and Jemele Hill left First Take.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

I find it stunning that people care so little for their brain cells that they will destroy them by watching and listening to Stupid A Smith
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I find it stunning that some people allow him to irritate him. He's a vaudeville act. IMO if you take him seriously you've been duped.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I find it stunning that some people allow him to irritate him. He's a vaudeville act. IMO if you take him seriously you've been duped.

I find him to be completely vapid, so I can't take him seriously, and therefore he doesn't irritate me.

As for what kind of "act" he is, it doesn't matter. It's an act that is devoid of entertainment value.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I find him to be completely vapid, so I can't take him seriously, and therefore he doesn't irritate me.

As for what kind of "act" he is, it doesn't matter. It's an act that is devoid of entertainment value.

It has some entertainment value for some. It earns him $3.5 from Fox Sports and $1 million from SiriusXM annually.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

"You're not supposed to take him seriously" - People who watch him every day and seek out his opinions on things.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject:

SAS is vicious and confident and vociferous when talking sports, especially basketball.
But when social issues are discussed he becomes Tim Duncan. It's like he's to careful with his words for fear of alienating a part of his audience (white sportslovers). You can almost feel the discomfort he has during the discussion and you get the impression he wants to change the subject and move on.
Max OTH is never afraid to speak out and call anybody out. He's just more socially conscious than SAS. Will Cain is also someone who's not afraid to give his opinion.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

jodeke wrote:

not sure how you reconcile these two quotes
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
jodeke wrote:

jodeke wrote:

not sure how you reconcile these two quotes

I was talking about viewers not people he debates with. He pisses a lot of them off.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

My routine these days is to come home from work, prepare lunch, and watch First Take on the DVR. The show isn't to be taken seriously. They disagree just to disagree, SAS screams about stuff that isn't even important, Max plays a faux intellectual, Molly just sits there for two hours and barely says anything. But for some weird reason, I find it entertaining, especially since I don't watch as many political shows on TV as I used to.

One of the things that they do daily is to ask questions like, "Was this more of a Rockets win, or a Warriors loss?" and then they always take opposite sides. You have to be an idiot not realize that it's all fake.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
My routine these days is to come home from work, prepare lunch, and watch First Take on the DVR. The show isn't to be taken seriously. They disagree just to disagree, SAS screams about stuff that isn't even important, Max plays a faux intellectual, Molly just sits there for two hours and barely says anything. But for some weird reason, I find it entertaining, especially since I don't watch as many political shows on TV as I used to.

One of the things that they do daily is to ask questions like, "Was this more of a Rockets win, or a Warriors loss?" and then they always take opposite sides. You have to be an idiot not realize that it's all fake.

That's the format of all these shows. I think First take is just the best one. Skip/Shannon Sharp and Cris Carter/Nick Wright, same format, not as good. High Noon with Bomani/Pablo is the only one different, more like they both take same side instead of different side
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

I think they have pre show meetings to plan the shows. It's an act. Things sometimes get out of hand.

They always have a woman on the panel.

Molly Qerim is window dressing (please don't take offense) and a very pretty addition. Cari Champion was also. Molly is considered the host. On occasion she'll opinion on a subject but seldom does she debate.

Jemele Hill was studied. She held her own. She debated. I've seen her cause SAS to shut up. I think that's why she left or was let go, he couldn't handle her.

SAS is an act. He said something like "I'm not on TV to be this way, I'm on TV because I am this way." Paraphrasing. He's a Floyd Mayweather, tune in because you dislike him. It's a act. One he smiles all the way to the bank to cash in on. I think, I'm not sure, I think, First Take is the #1 morning sports talk show.

He an Skip Bayless fit. He and Max are good.

buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I wish they would replace Screamin A Smith with Will Cain. His schtick has gotten old and tiresome. I can't watch First Take most days because of SAS.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
Quote:
I wish they would replace Screamin A Smith with Will Cain.

I'm not a fan of Cain. I can't place it. Have you ever seen or met a person for the first time and for some reason you just don't like them. That's Cain to me.
Quote:
His schtick has gotten old and tiresome. I can't watch First Take most days because of SAS.
It has gotten old. He's not the same as he was with Skip Bayless. For me they were a great fit. Skip kept SAS in line. They could disagree amiably with a edge.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Forget these fools, just saw Mina Kimes and Pablo Torre on high noon today... first all Asian major sports newscaster (kinda like J.lin-Clarkson back court... not stars but I’ll take it!!!)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: