All-Time WORST Laker Lineup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
danzag wrote:
Marcelo Huertas had one of the most memorable moments ever, by a Laker.

I'll never hate him after that

No one can ever take THAT away from him!

I actually thought your link was gonna be to that play where he threw the ball backward like a Circus Magician tryin’ to beat the shot clock.
exactly what I thought. That was the moment I told myself. Damn we hit rock bottom.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
This thread would not be complete without a Mike Penberthy mention. In terms of guys who would be picked last in a streetball game, I think no one would eclipse MP3.

Hahahahahaha. Boy could let ‘em Fly from deep, though. And have you ever seen a more unassuming looking ball player?? He looked like he could’ve been working in the produce section at Ralph’s
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
This thread would not be complete without a Mike Penberthy mention. In terms of guys who would be picked last in a streetball game, I think no one would eclipse MP3.

Hahahahahaha. Boy could let ‘em Fly from deep, though. And have you ever seen a more unassuming looking ball player?? He looked like he could’ve been working in the produce section at Ralph’s

Mark Price to me looked like a bible salesman or someone you'd expect to see at an insurance seminar instead of breakin fooz off. Hornacek is his bro. Seein him wiping his facial sweat onto the ball was eww.

Another incredibly unassuming guy of that ilk was Scott Brooks. He actually played in the NBA. He made Steve Kerr look mean.

https://tinyurl.com/yc4vgppa

Last edited by non-player zealot on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
PG - Marcelo Huertas: As popular a pick as Smush is, he was decent for the two seasons he played with us. Huertas had no redeeming qualities.

SG - Nick Young: Such a mistake signing him in the first place.

SF - Luol Deng: Not just the contract, he played like absolute crap when he was with us.

PF - Ryan Kelly: It was a close race between him and Mark Madsen, but in the end Kelly played PF and couldn't even hit 40% of his shots.

C - Robert Sacre: Another close one between him and D.J. Mbenga, but Sacre got way more run as a Laker.

DAMN Could you imagine the score if we rolled out that lineup tonight against The Nuggets???

I endorse that worst starting lineup. Which, by the way, isn’t too far off from actual lineups we fielded just a few seasons ago....Mitch and Jim were terrible at their jobs honestly.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I remember one Jim Gray report after an opposing team's timeout huddle (I believe Dunleavy's Blazers): the coach stressed "Mike Penberthy is in the NBA".
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Smush has to fit in the worst
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Mark Price to me looked like a bible salesman or someone you'd expect to see at an insurance seminar instead of breakin fooz off. Hornacek is his bro. Seein him wiping his facial sweat onto the ball was eww.

Another incredibly unassuming guy of that ilk was Scott Brooks. He actually played in the NBA. He made Steve Kerr look mean.

https://tinyurl.com/yc4vgppa

The other guy was Scott Skiles. Homie looked like a used car lot owner. He dropped that 30 assist game on those Cats and said, “What you gonna say Now??”
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I remember one Jim Gray report after an opposing team's timeout huddle (I believe Dunleavy's Blazers): the coach stressed "Mike Penberthy is in the NBA".

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:

Nahhh. There were players not even good enough to make the regular season roster.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ReaListik wrote:

Nahhh. There were players not even good enough to make the regular season roster.

Yeah, and imagine the hundreds of players we never even watched that turned the stomachs of all the OTHER fan bases....

That should be the next project. Comparing Worst of ALL TIME Starting Lineups across the NBA, not just our LAKERS trash heap
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
slavavov wrote:
PG: Kwa-MAY Brown
SG: Kwa-MAY Brown
SF: Kwa-MAY Brown
PF: Kwa-MAY Brown
C: Kwa-MAY Brown

Ehhh he wasn’t that bad.

Kind of a Lonzo of centers.

Lets hope Lonzo will be more than that, but I see your point. Kwame was a very underrated defender. When we had to play him after trading him, I remember Bynum couldn't do jack against him, and Kwame was talkin'. After the game Kwame said that he was encouraging Bynum, that if he could score on him, then he could score or anybody in this league.

Ringfinger, I really hope you were kidding. Even Kwame's defense was overrated. He had moments of holding his own as a low post defender, but he was too soft and too much of a scared little boy to be a consistently good defender whose impact could be felt.

It seemed like he was being hyped as being the next Kobe or KG when he was drafted, but he had no offensive game, bad footwork and bad rhythm. He never made any improvements or progress in his game, which obviously meant that he never put in any work. He is the biggest bust in NBA history.

Anthony Bennet would very much like a word with you, sir

I don't think Anthony Bennet was being hyped up that much. At least not as much as Kwame.

Kwame Brown is pretty much the Ryan Leaf of the NBA, sans the bad attitude.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: