All-Time WORST Laker Lineup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Include Jay Carty rather than Cook.

I should not have included Cook initially...I see that now. He just got on my God D*** NERVES!!
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Marcelo Huertas was the worst pro basketball player I’ve ever seen, regardless of team or position. His defense consisted of grabbing players as they passed lol. If he’s not the starting pg on this team I dunno what to tell you, he made smush look like Magic Johnson.

And yet another one of you guys forces me to alter my original lineup once again. I’ve had quite the little refresher course today, with some names I have not thought of in a while. Truth be told, I may have intentionally Blocked most of them out!

So with that said...(bleep) you guys, I need therapy

There are guys that faded through obscurity but what I remember are guys that annoyed me. Some are talented but frustrating.

PG. Smush Parker - we actually got rid of another frustrating guard chucky Atkins who can’t guard a lick . Smush has all the physical tools except from the neck up, just flatly dense and worst was he pouts like a brat. Phil called timeout twice for the same defensive mistake and here comes Smush looking for anyone to blame. Smush actually put up some deceiving decent numbers but he has a lot of smh wtf moments.

SG. Isaiah Rider - he used to tore Eddie Jones on places where the sun the does not shine and was balling at Rip City so here I am excited on what he can bring to the table with all that athleticism and skills. Instead he was a collosal failure and his attitude did not help either. Phil put him in a doghouse, never saw a daylight when it mattered but at least got a ring.

SF- Adam Morrison - I really though Ammo would at least be a microwave off the bench with his scoring and shooting. But when you get minutes and all you do is pass the ball and set up screens for Shannon Brown then there’s a disconnect with what you can do. The irony was it was Brown who was just a filler who turn out be a contributor and Ammo had those funny cameo roles while buttshifting.

PF- Elden Campbell - he has that All Star and HOF potential but mental midget in a big way. What’s annoying about him was he has that talent to be that 20-10 guy consistently like he showed it when Shaq got injured but one bad call will completely ruined his night. Then some nights he goes through motions like a space cadet .

Center - Chris Mihm. Guy is skilled fundamentally but he was soft like he scared of contacts. He can be like Duncan making all that moves then finished with a fadeway instead of going up strong and get fouled.

Smush DID have ability. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. But your analysis of why he bombed so bad was spot on. He WAS a little punk

Isaiah F***ing Rider..... I remember thinking he could be HUGE off the bench for us that year. Yeah right, Lol.

Remember that viscous throwdown Shannon had on Birdman in the Western Conference Finals against Denver??? Daaaaamn.... that alone made his pickup worth it. I think we were actually struggling pretty bad at that point in the game ( Game 5?? ). And after that play, the Lakers never looked back in that series and ended up stomping the (bleep) out of the Nuggets in their building in game 6, leaving only The Orlando Magic left in their way

Elden Campbell- Man, he had some skills for a 7 footer. Don’t know why he couldn’t put it together out there more consistently. Remember that 40 spot he dropped that one night? Not many centers ever hit that number. But it looked to me like sometimes he just hated playing basketball. His facial expressions said it all most nights

Chris Mihm- Dude was super athletic. But oftentimes looked like he was second guessing his career choice. Especially when someone like Vince Carter was coming at him fast. He was probably thinking, “WHY am I doing this to myself??!”

Nice reply, man Thanks
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Smush Parker
Adam Morrison
Sam Bowie
Sean Rooks
Chuck Nevitt

Cedric Ceballos
Isaiah Rider
Dwight Howard
Dangelo Russell
Slavs Medvedenko
Robert Sacre
Chris Mihm
Mike Smrek
Kwame Brown

Coach Magic Johnson
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

PG - Marcelo Huertas: As popular a pick as Smush is, he was decent for the two seasons he played with us. Huertas had no redeeming qualities.

SG - Nick Young: Such a mistake signing him in the first place.

SF - Luol Deng: Not just the contract, he played like absolute crap when he was with us.

PF - Ryan Kelly: It was a close race between him and Mark Madsen, but in the end Kelly played PF and couldn't even hit 40% of his shots.

C - Robert Sacre: Another close one between him and D.J. Mbenga, but Sacre got way more run as a Laker.

Coach: Randy Pfund (The Pat Riley protege that had nothing but his hairstyle)

Last edited by Threatt_Level on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Smush Parker
Adam Morrison
Sam Bowie
Sean Rooks
Chuck Nevitt

Cedric Ceballos
Isaiah Rider
Dwight Howard
Dangelo Russell
Slavs Medvedenko
Robert Sacre
Chris Mihm
Mike Smrek
Kwame Brown

Coach Magic Johnson

Yeah......I have NEVER been more disappointed in a player more than I turned out to be in Dwight Coward. Was So pumped when we got him. But dude never embraced the team and quickly showed a lack of respect for Kobe and an unwillingness to meet the challenge set before him. ( Bleep ) that guy.

But Cedric?? For real?

Is that because he just never lived up to his potential or something else?

“Coach Magic Johhnson” Nice Touch!
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
PG - Marcelo Huertas: As popular a pick as Smush is, he was decent for the two seasons he played with us. Huertas had no redeeming qualities.

SF - Luol Deng: Not just the contract, he played like absolute crap when he was with us.

PF - Ryan Kelly: It was a close race between him and Mark Madsen, but in the end Kelly played PF and couldn't even hit 40% of his shots.

C - Robert Sacre: Another close one between him and D.J. Mbenga, but Sacre got way more run as a Laker.

DAMN Could you imagine the score if we rolled out that lineup tonight against The Nuggets???
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Nice thread to liven up the mood here
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Nice thread to liven up the mood here

Thanks, Bruddah

Wanted to do something out of the ordinary for my 1st one

Also....was hoping to avoid this:

Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:

DAMN Could you imagine the score if we rolled out that lineup tonight against The Nuggets???

Peak tank lineup right there.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Marcelo Huertas had one of the most memorable moments ever, by a Laker.

I'll never hate him after that
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Smush Parker
Adam Morrison
Sam Bowie
Sean Rooks
Chuck Nevitt

Cedric Ceballos
Isaiah Rider
Dwight Howard
Dangelo Russell
Slavs Medvedenko
Robert Sacre
Chris Mihm
Mike Smrek
Kwame Brown

Coach Magic Johnson

I'm glad someone else mentioned Rooks. Basically a slow, clunky big guy with a few mediocre post moves, and nothing else. To pour salt in the wound, West rewarded him a three-year contract only to see a washed-up Spider Salley (a Phil signing if there ever was one) replace his services to better effect.

West also fell for the joke that was Travis Knight after he was thoroughly exposed in Boston, and frankly LA after two good months of following Shaq around and cleaning up his misses. Once teams figured out to put a body on him (or that he was in the league) he was done.

Last edited by greenfrog on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Marcelo Huertas had one of the most memorable moments ever, by a Laker.

I'll never hate him after that

No one can ever take THAT away from him!

I actually thought your link was gonna be to that play where he threw the ball backward like a Circus Magician tryin’ to beat the shot clock.

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Smush Parker
Adam Morrison
Sam Bowie
Sean Rooks
Chuck Nevitt

Cedric Ceballos
Isaiah Rider
Dwight Howard
Dangelo Russell
Slavs Medvedenko
Robert Sacre
Chris Mihm
Mike Smrek
Kwame Brown

Coach Magic Johnson

Chris Mihm was actually pretty solid... solid effort, good attitude, nice midrange jumper. Injuries did him in ultimately.
Several other players listed there are clearly not among the worse players to play for the workers.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:

Coach: Randy Pfund (The Pat Riley protege that had nothing but his hairstyle)

( Bleep ) That starting 5 is BRUTAL. I think mine would stack up well in the GOAT Tank Squad competition, though. Lol

But I’d have to take out Cook ( as much as that stings ) and replace him with your boy Ryan Kelly. Then we’d be ready to RUMBLE!!
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
Smush Parker
Adam Morrison
Sam Bowie
Sean Rooks
Chuck Nevitt

Cedric Ceballos
Isaiah Rider
Dwight Howard
Dangelo Russell
Slavs Medvedenko
Robert Sacre
Chris Mihm
Mike Smrek
Kwame Brown

Coach Magic Johnson

I'm glad someone else mentioned Rooks. Basically a slow, clunky big guy with a few mediocre post moves, and nothing else. To pour salt in the wound, West rewarded him a three-year contract only to see a washed-up Spider Salley (a Phil signing if there ever was one) replace his services to better effect.

West also fell for the joke that was Travis Knight after he was thoroughly exposed in Boston, and frankly LA after two good months of following Shaq around and cleaning up his misses. Once teams figured out to put a body on him (or that he was in the league) he was done.

“....or that he was in the LEAGUE ..” SAVAGE!

Sean Rooks- I was gonna use the term Clunky, as well. Boy, he was tough to root for.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
You can just throw in obscure names who sat at the end of the bench. It should be ALL TIME WORST who played meaningful roles, guys like Smush Parker, Samaki Walker, Kwame Brown, our current coach. Guys like Sun Yue never had a chance to help us win or cost us games.

I feel ya’.....There should be Tiers to this thing
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
There should be some rules on this to exclude summer league, training camp, and preseason guys.

Like maybe they had to play 66 games minimum for the Lakers? (80% of a season)

We should put some work into that
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
Smush Parker
Adam Morrison
Sam Bowie
Sean Rooks
Chuck Nevitt

Cedric Ceballos
Isaiah Rider
Dwight Howard
Dangelo Russell
Slavs Medvedenko
Robert Sacre
Chris Mihm
Mike Smrek
Kwame Brown

Coach Magic Johnson

Sean Rooks- I was gonna use the term Clunky, as well. Boy, he was tough to root for.

well wasnt it Chick who dubbed him the best 3rd string center in the NBA? that has to count for something
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

Is this supposed to be most hated or worst skill wise?

Dwight was an ass but not worst in terms of skill.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Steve Nash, hate to do it and he was a superstar when he was in his Prime but yeaa

Nash just got hurt, but before then he was solid enough for us: 13-3-7 on 50%-44%-92% shooting in his first 50 games.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
slavavov wrote:
PG: Kwa-MAY Brown
SG: Kwa-MAY Brown
SF: Kwa-MAY Brown
PF: Kwa-MAY Brown
C: Kwa-MAY Brown

Ehhh he wasn’t that bad.

Kind of a Lonzo of centers.

Lets hope Lonzo will be more than that, but I see your point. Kwame was a very underrated defender. When we had to play him after trading him, I remember Bynum couldn't do jack against him, and Kwame was talkin'. After the game Kwame said that he was encouraging Bynum, that if he could score on him, then he could score or anybody in this league.

Ringfinger, I really hope you were kidding. Even Kwame's defense was overrated. He had moments of holding his own as a low post defender, but he was too soft and too much of a scared little boy to be a consistently good defender whose impact could be felt.

It seemed like he was being hyped as being the next Kobe or KG when he was drafted, but he had no offensive game, bad footwork and bad rhythm. He never made any improvements or progress in his game, which obviously meant that he never put in any work. He is the biggest bust in NBA history.

Anthony Bennet would very much like a word with you, sir
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Is this supposed to be most hated or worst skill wise?

Dwight was an ass but not worst in terms of skill.

Very true.

I’m sure many will try to mix a good amount of both into the list, but we should be focusing more on the utter futility of their efforts to contribute to the team. I had to check myself on that one and remove Brian Cook from my original list. Fortunately, it may not be Too hard to follow this template......cause most of the time the reasons we still hate some of these players so much is because of how God Awful they really were
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The 2004 Finals starting line-up. Enjoy that one Detroit.

Too soon, man...........TOO soon
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

well wasnt it Chick who dubbed him the best 3rd string center in the NBA? that has to count for something

Chicky-Baby!!! The ONLY undisputed GOAT in NBA history
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

This thread would not be complete without a Mike Penberthy mention. In terms of guys who would be picked last in a streetball game, I think no one would eclipse MP3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: