All-Time WORST Laker Lineup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Anthony Brown?

That's one good enough to make me reconsider. I'll never forget him as the supposed shooter who hit the glass and foam strip at either side of the backboard under rim level. He could hit either side of the foam with ease, so that's good.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Jon Barry should not be forgotten. The guy was actually a decent shooter in every other destination, but utterly choked here. It seemed like he wanted to pass most of the time.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
team captain:Robert Sacre

Good one. I would also nominate Isiah Rider. Yeah he had talent, but he was a bonehead who was constantly late to practice, late to games, this excuse, that excuse. He's one of the worst Lakers in terms of professionalism.

He's in the same bizarro category as Dennis Rodman. He's much more unfortunate than Rider because we needed his rebounding and defense in the worst way in 99. We had JR Reid backing up Elden at 4. It's no wonder they got swept by Robinson/Duncan. Reid is another scum. They had to get rid of him in order to re-sign AC Green in 99/00. Reid delivered one of the worst ever cheapshots outside of Malone when he waited for Green to run by him and then he stuck his elbow into his face, knocking two of his teeth out. AC had to wear a grotesque mask to continue his streak from that hit. Reid, afaic, is a guy you wish never put the jersey on even once. Not the only one. He was on the same team as Ruben Patterson. By the time they got Rider, they were in the mode of looking for reclamation projects (Rider, Travis Knight, Samaki Walker, etc)
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
https://i.redd.it/azb0lc5jowqz.jpg

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Brown
Cook
Radmanovic
Morrison
Fisher (on a fast break)
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Tierre Brown, Sam Jacobson, Jeff Lamp*, Ryan Kelly, Sean Rooks (R.I.P.). Mostly white guys.

*Team Captain

Here are two more white stiffs.. Mark MacNamara and Mike Smrek. Throw Mark Madsen in there too.

Forgot about MacNamara
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
You can just throw in obscure names who sat at the end of the bench. It should be ALL TIME WORST who played meaningful roles, guys like Smush Parker, Samaki Walker, Kwame Brown, our current coach. Guys like Sun Yue never had a chance to help us win or cost us games.

Good point
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Chucky Atkins

Watching him was misery. He just looked like he hated playing ball
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Players who actually got regular minutes on a nightly basis:

PG) Smush Parker
SG) Nick Young
SF) Devean George
PF) Kwame Brown
C) Robert Sacre

Regardless of minutes:

PG) David Rivers (wasn't a trouble maker, but he made Smush look tenable at least physically; nightmarish pick by West, what he saw in a guy who dribbled the ball up to head level and couldn't shoot, I dunno, but they evidently did have interest in various shorties like Spud Webb. Rivers' spot is compounded by having to see him playing in Finals games)

SG) Javaris Crittenton (just for the dirtbag factor, thankfully his gun exploits didn't happen on the Lakers, but he mingled with bangers while here)

SF) Vladimir Radmanovic (worse than Dev or Luke, even though he was categorized as a PF because he was 6'10", waste of money, waste of space, another guy who was supposed to provide outside shooting who wound up building a city of bricks; the jackass factor is strong - skiing while on contract and coming to practice in flip flops)

PF) Spencer Haywood (guy who scored 24 points a game and instantly disappeared when he got to the Lakers. He fainted during a Finals practice due to drug use and was immediately cut. He admitted to coming up with a plot to have the coach's brake lines severed in revenge; utter waste of Dantley as tradebait, a guy who from what I've seen didn't even look good playing next to Magic because he needed to dominate the ball in order to play his best game.

C) Benoit Benjamin (like Sacre, Benoit was a fellow graduate of Fat Lazy Slug University, he was one of those players who you could tell hated physically exerting himself/playing, he was already banished from all prior teams and they were happy to get rid of him. James Edwards was 37 goin' on 50 and Benoit couldn't unseat him in only his 7th season. He was braindead as well. Bar none the worst halftime interview of Chick's I've ever seen, Chick was trying his damndest to pry words out of his mouth, dude couldn't even answer what he wanted to accomplish. Thankfully, they dealt him for 2 years of Sam Bowie, who is "vary unfaihly" labeled a bust because of his injury history. Sam was a 180 from Benoit, who became the Nets' latest lunkhead. They wanted rid of him too.

Nicely DONE!!
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Tierre Brown, Sam Jacobson, Jeff Lamp*, Ryan Kelly, Sean Rooks (R.I.P.). Mostly white guys.

*Team Captain

Here are two more white stiffs.. Mark MacNamara and Mike Smrek. Throw Mark Madsen in there too.

Smek was before my time, but I definitely remember MacNamara. I take Rooks back.

Neither of them were as talentless as Sacre. Then again, they did usually get minutes while Magic was on the floor in order to hide them. Smrek was a big fouling body, that's it. Sacre didn't even play that role right. Another C who was a zero but for his offensive rebounding ability was Mark Landsberger. Don't pass him the ball. Everyone knew it, too. He was so "big white stiff'y" that he didn't even have an identity, which Smrek did. There's a clip of the Lakers' celebrating after sweeping the Spurs in 83 and Magic was hi-5ing everyone as they entered the threshold and Mark walked quickly past with his head down.

Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Anthony Brown?

That's one good enough to make me reconsider. I'll never forget him as the supposed shooter who hit the glass and foam strip at either side of the backboard under rim level. He could hit either side of the foam with ease, so that's good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

God, we had such high hopes for him
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
team captain:Robert Sacre

Good one. I would also nominate Isiah Rider. Yeah he had talent, but he was a bonehead who was constantly late to practice, late to games, this excuse, that excuse. He's one of the worst Lakers in terms of professionalism.

He's in the same bizarro category as Dennis Rodman. He's much more unfortunate than Rider because we needed his rebounding and defense in the worst way in 99. We had JR Reid backing up Elden at 4. It's no wonder they got swept by Robinson/Duncan. Reid is another scum. They had to get rid of him in order to re-sign AC Green in 99/00. Reid delivered one of the worst ever cheapshots outside of Malone when he waited for Green to run by him and then he stuck his elbow into his face, knocking two of his teeth out. AC had to wear a grotesque mask to continue his streak from that hit. Reid, afaic, is a guy you wish never put the jersey on even once. Not the only one. He was on the same team as Ruben Patterson. By the time they got Rider, they were in the mode of looking for reclamation projects (Rider, Travis Knight, Samaki Walker, etc)

Ugghhh... JR Reid (Sad day when Eddie was no longer here)
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Jon Barry should not be forgotten. The guy was actually a decent shooter in every other destination, but utterly choked here. It seemed like he wanted to pass most of the time.

He’s the Jordan of the All-Time Jerk team
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Brown
Cook
Radmanovic
Morrison
Fisher (on a fast break)

And then At LAST... after 532 straight blown layups, he gets the toughest one ever to drop over 2 Bucking Foston defenders in Game 3 as Lakers broke the hearts of all those chowdah-heads and went on to snatch their very souls in Game 7.

Epic!!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Brown
Cook
Radmanovic
Morrison
Fisher (on a fast break)

And then At LAST... after 532 straight blown layups, he gets the toughest one ever to drop over 2 Bucking Foston defenders in Game 3 as Lakers broke the hearts of all those chowdah-heads and went on to snatch their very souls in Game 7.

Epic!!

Right. The toughest layup of his life and he somehow makes it. Even he was shocked when he looked up and saw it went in
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

The 2004 Finals starting line-up. Enjoy that one Detroit.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

2011-2012 Derek Fisher
2015-2016 Kobe Bryant
Luol Deng
Slava Medvedenko
Robert Sacre

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Brown
Cook
Radmanovic
Morrison
Fisher (on a fast break)

Epic!!

Right. The toughest layup of his life and he somehow makes it. Even he was shocked when he looked up and saw it went in

He was on his ass screaming like William Wallace!!

Last edited by Kobe2Lonz0 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
slavavov wrote:
PG: Kwa-MAY Brown
SG: Kwa-MAY Brown
SF: Kwa-MAY Brown
PF: Kwa-MAY Brown
C: Kwa-MAY Brown

Ehhh he wasn’t that bad.

Kind of a Lonzo of centers.

Lets hope Lonzo will be more than that, but I see your point. Kwame was a very underrated defender. When we had to play him after trading him, I remember Bynum couldn't do jack against him, and Kwame was talkin'. After the game Kwame said that he was encouraging Bynum, that if he could score on him, then he could score or anybody in this league.

Ringfinger, I really hope you were kidding. Even Kwame's defense was overrated. He had moments of holding his own as a low post defender, but he was too soft and too much of a scared little boy to be a consistently good defender whose impact could be felt.

It seemed like he was being hyped as being the next Kobe or KG when he was drafted, but he had no offensive game, bad footwork and bad rhythm. He never made any improvements or progress in his game, which obviously meant that he never put in any work. He is the biggest bust in NBA history.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
2011-2012 Derek Fisher
2015-2016 Kobe Bryant
Luol Deng
Slava Medvedenko
Robert Sacre

Including Kobe post Achilles.....that takes nerve. Even if the reality of what the injury had done to him made us cringe as he could barely get off the floor.

Props to you on that. Just for including his Holy name
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
2011-2012 Derek Fisher
2015-2016 Kobe Bryant
Luol Deng
Slava Medvedenko
Robert Sacre

Slaaaava Med-Veh-Deng-KO

I can’t believe I included Brian Cook at his position in my original list.
Blind hatred for a player can make even the most rational amongst us act the Fool at times

(Brian Cook......ugh)

Last edited by Kobe2Lonz0 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Marcelo Huertas was the worst pro basketball player I’ve ever seen, regardless of team or position. His defense consisted of grabbing players as they passed lol. If he’s not the starting pg on this team I dunno what to tell you, he made smush look like Magic Johnson.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Marcelo Huertas was the worst pro basketball player I’ve ever seen, regardless of team or position. His defense consisted of grabbing players as they passed lol. If he’s not the starting pg on this team I dunno what to tell you, he made smush look like Magic Johnson.

And yet another one of you guys forces me to reconsider my original lineup once again. I’ve had quite the little refresher course today, with some names I have not thought of in a while. Truth be told, I may have intentionally Blocked most of them out!

So with that said...(bleep) you guys, I need therapy

Last edited by Kobe2Lonz0 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

And yet another one of you guys forces me to alter my original lineup once again. I’ve had quite the little refresher course today, with some names I have not thought of in a while. Truth be told, I may have intentionally Blocked most of them out!

So with that said...(bleep) you guys, I need therapy

There are guys that faded through obscurity but what I remember are guys that annoyed me. Some are talented but frustrating.

PG. Smush Parker - we actually got rid of another frustrating guard chucky Atkins who can’t guard a lick . Smush has all the physical tools except from the neck up, just flatly dense and worst was he pouts like a brat. Phil called timeout twice for the same defensive mistake and here comes Smush looking for anyone to blame. Smush actually put up some deceiving decent numbers but he has a lot of smh wtf moments.

SG. Isaiah Rider - he used to tore Eddie Jones on places where the sun the does not shine and was balling at Rip City so here I am excited on what he can bring to the table with all that athleticism and skills. Instead he was a collosal failure and his attitude did not help either. Phil put him in a doghouse, never saw a daylight when it mattered but at least got a ring.

SF- Adam Morrison - I really though Ammo would at least be a microwave off the bench with his scoring and shooting. But when you get minutes and all you do is pass the ball and set up screens for Shannon Brown then there’s a disconnect with what you can do. The irony was it was Brown who was just a filler who turn out be a contributor and Ammo had those funny cameo roles while buttshifting.

PF- Elden Campbell - he has that All Star and HOF potential but mental midget in a big way. What’s annoying about him was he has that talent to be that 20-10 guy consistently like he showed it when Shaq got injured but one bad call will completely ruined his night. Then some nights he goes through motions like a space cadet .

Center - Chris Mihm. Guy is skilled fundamentally but he was soft like he scared of contacts. He can be like Duncan making all that moves then finished with a fadeway instead of going up strong and get fouled.

Last edited by CRoost on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Include Jay Carty rather than Cook.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: