Ever been in an Auto Accident?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Twice. I wasn't behind the wheel, though.

hey, if you say so. way to keep the lie going. i know thats what you told the officer too right
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Twice. I wasn't behind the wheel, though.

hey, if you say so. way to keep the lie going. i know thats what you told the officer too right

Eh? Love my mom, but she doesn't pay much attention to the road as I do. I've never been ticketed never mind having been in an accident (while behind the wheel) in my 16 years driving.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Craziest thing I saw was driving on the 91 eastbound towards the 605 merge. I was in the 2nd lane from the right, basically positioning myself to merge on the 605N.

Some idiot two lanes over from the left decided he was going to switch about 3 lanes at the last minute so he could merge on the 605S. This is in the morning when people were already heading out to work. Of course this ended up bad because traffic started to brake when he was doing his multiple lane change. He ended up swerving hard right to avoid the car in front and spun out of control hitting the freeway wall. He bumped a few cars along the way but overall, I think it could have been a lot worse.

One of the cars he bumped ended up slightly in my lane. I had to swerve a bit to avoid being another casualty in this chain of accidents.

I will never understand why people pull stupid stunts like this. I mean if you're going to miss an exit, take the next one. You put yourself and other people's life in danger. Not only will he be late to wherever he was going, he now caused a few other people to be late as well. I cannot wait for our entire country to move towards fully automated self driving.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Driving for 21 years.

None.
uh huh. if you say so mike

you're probably the guy that cut off someone in this very thread. yeah you didnt get into an accident you just cause them. lol.

I've driven 25 years with none. Got rear'd once, but that was so minor, there was no visible damage, it was a 7ish mph bump at a red light. I've avoided a few hairy situations caused by other idiots, tho. Could've been in a bad one or two if I didn't happen to be alert and defensive at the right split second. Have had two nasty hits happen right next to me tho. Lane to either side of my car, cars about parallel to mine in both cases. One guy hit a Buss because he was angry at the stop and go traffic and kept overspeeding during an ill-advised flow of traffic. The bus didn't move at all, but his car was like an accordion. Ruined his day, I'm sure of it. It was many hours before he got home to wash his pubic/anus that day.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Driving for 21 years.

None.

you're probably the guy that cut off someone in this very thread. yeah you didnt get into an accident you just cause them. lol.

Ha. You may be joking, but I know more about cars/driving than I do about basketball. Made a career of it.

Quote:
I've avoided a few hairy situations caused by other idiots, tho.

Doing things like the random delay at a green light, speeding past poor/drunk drivers, keeping my car well maintained, opting to turn right at intersections and take the longer way instead of turning left, and just flat out trying to predict the behavior of all other drives on the road has probably saved me 7 nasty accidents.

Just last week, I delayed on a random green light turning left arrow by a few seconds. Some guy (out of sight) was speeding down a hill and raced right through the intersection after it was red for several seconds. If I drove off instantaneously, I'm in the hospital.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Yes 3 TOTAL

2 MAJOR:

I was around 6-7 years old. My friend wanted to go to Pup N Taco (who remembers that), so her mom's friend offered to drive us there. I had a bad feeling already for some reason. But anyways, we were stopped at a light and then for some unknown reason, when the light turned green, she drove straight towards another car trying to make a turn (from what I remember). It was a head on collision but I already saw it coming so I held on to the two backseats. I wasn't wearing my seat belt (70s child) no seat belt laws back then lol.

The cars caught on fire. Of course I was screaming, not knowing wtf to do and our driver was just trying to get me to calm down. My friend was trying to figure out how to unbuckle the seat belt.

And this guy comes running and saves us by getting us out of the car, I will never forget him! The other driver was unconscious and bleeding. I saw the paramedics trying to revive him, I hope he survived.

Second was while living in Asia. Taxi driver just absent mindlessly drove through a red light with oncoming traffic both directions. I was like hey wtf stop! But it was too late, the bus hit us from the side. We got lucky, that moment I felt like this was it. I'm thankful.

Third was a fender bender. I was on a highway and some random car just merged right onto the right side of my car. Both doors damaged.

I'm thankful I did not sustain any injuries in all of these. I believe I have angels protecting me.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Driving for 21 years.

None.

Ha. You may be joking, but I know more about cars/driving than I do about basketball. Made a career of it.

Quote:
I've avoided a few hairy situations caused by other idiots, tho.

Doing things like the random delay at a green light, speeding past poor/drunk drivers, keeping my car well maintained, opting to turn right at intersections and take the longer way instead of turning left, and just flat out trying to predict the behavior of all other drives on the road has probably saved me 7 nasty accidents.

Just last week, I delayed on a random green light turning left arrow by a few seconds. Some guy (out of sight) was speeding down a hill and raced right through the intersection after it was red for several seconds. If I drove off instantaneously, I'm in the hospital.

Yup. Defensive driving is very important. I could have gotten rear ended multiple times if I was not aware of the driver behind me. For example one time I drove across a busy intersection and traffic began to slow down considerably. I quickly looked in my rear view and saw the guy behind me looking down so I know he wasn't paying attention. He looked up at the last minute and I could see the "Oh s***" look in his face. There was an entrance into a parking lot immediately to my right and I swerved into that parking lot so he wouldn't rear end me. Whoever that was, I saved you $$$.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

^Exactly. Unfortunately, they don't exactly teach this in regular driving school. I'd love to teach that kind of awareness and execution.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^Exactly. Unfortunately, they don't exactly teach this in regular driving school. I'd love to teach that kind of awareness and execution.
i know mike i was messing with you. I know you are thee goto car guy on LG.

and you guys are correct. defensive driving is the only way to stay away from fender benders. well thats the best you can do. you can't stop someone from ramming into the back of your car while you're at a stop light with no where else to move. yep, that happened to me a few years back. young lady told me she wasnt paying attention because she calling her mom who was in the hospital all of a sudden. when the truth probably was, she was fiddling with her phone and that was the only issue at hand.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

I understand waiting a split second after green to go, but, if you're on your phone texting for 20 seconds while the light is green (especially a left arrow green) and calling it defensive driving, that's a problem.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

Got to be able to legitimately have two modes
Magoo
And
Andretti/Foyt

Playing
War (Santana) Low Rider

Little over 20 years here and some crazy close calls but no accidents

Got a 105mph ticket once and talked with DA knocked down to two pts
And like $80
One time I used drive this 98 corolla 95mph everywhere.

About 10pm and I'm doing 100ish in left lane
Approaching a bridge
Roscoe P Coltrane was parked on left side of road sort of hidden
He must've seen me in his rear view and got too hyped up
He almost killed us both. 2 lane Oregon i5
He accidentally threw his (bleep) in reverse and came out into my lane
Just like a video game perfect robotic right lane shift at near 100mph
I checked my drawers and noticed he never appeared behind me so I
Took an exit and diff route for few

Once as a kid I notice were rocking 55 and headed for the offramp
Divider. I'm about 11- 12. My Mom was passed out drunk at the wheel
So I grabbed the wheel and woke her up
Called BioDad and told him she's trying to kill us again

Thankful I survived childhood
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I misread that, Trey, thought you said someone pulled out into your lane in reverse from the shoulder. That's how Sammy Davis lost his eye. He was traveling in the wee hours from Vegas to LA on Rt. 66 in San Bernardino, a woman reversed off of the shoulder to take a detour that was behind her and they went blammo. His eye slammed against the hard, egg-shaped center horn that Cadillacs had back then.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:

^^ he reversed from left edge of road into road

Scaring me more now remembering it than it did then.
I'd have lost more than my eye

I probably have CTE just from all the head trauma as a child growing up

They didn't have concussions back then.
Walk and talk must be ok
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: