Narcos: Mexico (Netflix)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Narcos: Mexico (Netflix)

The 4th season of Narcos on Netflix was released last week. As the title indicates, the series is moving on from Escobar, the Medellín Cartel, the Cali Cartel, Los Pepes and Columbia all together (for the most part ) It moves on to Kiki Camarena, Félix Gallardo, Rafael Quintero, the Guadalajara Cartel and even the early days of Chapo as the Caribbean trafficking routes have become limited, and the Mexican trafficking routes take over.

The new direction gave the series new life, and I thought this season was as good as any previous season. Because of the time overlap, we even get a scene with Escobar (Wagner Moura)!

If you like the series, I expect you will enjoy the new season.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

So far so good. Only watched the first episode but we are mainly seeing MEXICAN actors. The problem with previous Narcos is that they had a hodge podge of random "latino" actors and cast them as Colombians. Even Escobar was BRAZILIAN (although he is a fabulous actor).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

Halfway in. Enjoying it.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject:

Just finished it. Stellar. As good as any other season of Narcos.

The scene with Pena and Luna at the end was superb. Just a great series overall and the lead into next season was perfect.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Probably my favorite season so far.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Probably my favorite season so far.

glad everyone else seems to agree....I was a little fearful to make that claim, then get clowned by everyone. I have had some questionable likes in the past in regards to movies/shows. I really liked Pedro Pascal and Wagner Moura in the original 3 seasons.....but I think this cast of Michael Peña, Diego Luna, Joaquín Cosio, Teresa Ruiz and Tenoch Huerta held their own against previous casts.

I may have been the only one, but I did not realize Scoot McNairy was the narrator until the end.

How many seasons do you think they can squeeze out of this series? It appears we go into next season with Gallardo still in charge. I assume we are around late '87ish? Gallardo gets arrested in '89 or '90 if I recall. There is so much that takes place before Guzman takes control....and then so much more while he is in control.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject:

"I may have been the only one, but I did not realize Scoot McNairy was the narrator until the end. "

I was wondering all along who the heck it was all that time. It was kinda a big thing irking me on an otherwise superb series while I was binging it.

The end reveal however was perfect and I'm now loving that they did it that way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: