Kemba Walker [is a perfect example of not giving up on young talent too early]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Forget kemba, Can we re-sign Randle? Lol boy out here putting up triple doubles.
our roster is not constructed for randles success. so no thanks.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Kemba is going to be either in NY or LA next year.

Most likely North Carolina.

Maybe. But that team isn't going anywhere. They can offer the most money no doubt. But I've followed Kemba for years going back to UCONN, and he's not made that way. It's probably eating him up inside that he hasn't gotten anywhere in the playoffs.

My guess is he's eyeing NYC.
why would any winner eye NYC? WHY? just because its a big market means nothing if you care about winning. if you just want to be a baller on a bright stage to get more endorsement money, NY it is. But if you're about winning. It's like 3 places you should go. the lakers, gstate, and maybe one other place i can't think of right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Maybe. But that team isn't going anywhere. They can offer the most money no doubt. But I've followed Kemba for years going back to UCONN, and he's not made that way. It's probably eating him up inside that he hasn't gotten anywhere in the playoffs.

why would any winner eye NYC? WHY? just because its a big market means nothing if you care about winning. if you just want to be a baller on a bright stage to get more endorsement money, NY it is. But if you're about winning. It's like 3 places you should go. the lakers, gstate, and maybe one other place i can't think of right now.

This is premised on Porky coming back healthy, and Knicks getting another star or quality FAs.

Kemba gets little to no national recognition in CHA. It's a pretty Duke/UNC/Panthers/NASCAR town (I have family in Charlotte and have attended games there). If he gets a chance to be on a bigger stage with better players, he's gone in a New York minute.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is premised on Porky coming back healthy, and Knicks getting another star or quality FAs.

Kemba gets little to no national recognition in CHA. It's a pretty Duke/UNC/Panthers/NASCAR town (I have family in Charlotte and have attended games there). If he gets a chance to be on a bigger stage with better players, he's gone in a New York minute.
again, if he's dying because he loves to win so much. why would you sign with the sorry franchise called the knicks? think about what i'm saying. I was saying this about Big star FA's as well. If it aint about the money and you choose to sign with another franchise that aint the warriors or the lakers maybe boston. then you're kind of an idiot(in winning terms). again, if your goal is to win a lot. There are only 3 or so franchises that are dedicated to winning. oops, let me throw the spurs in there too. 4 franchises. warriors, Boston, Lakers, spurs. Name me another franchise thats DEDICATED to winning rings? the knicks aint on that list. as much as i loved that pat ewing and starks team. they were not dedicated to winning rings then either, if they were they would've had a true 2nd star instead of praying an ex cba player(starks) would become a legit hall of fame player.

the knicks have made bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after .....
so again, if you're trying to win rings not some games. RINGS. then you do not go there. you go there for one reason only. to showcase your talent on a big stage and thats it. So ... is kemba really about winning rings right now at this point in his career? if the answer is yes. he should be pushing for one of those 4 franchises.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

again, if he's dying because he loves to win so much. why would you sign with the sorry franchise called the knicks? think about what i'm saying. I was saying this about Big star FA's as well. If it aint about the money and you choose to sign with another franchise that aint the warriors or the lakers maybe boston. then you're kind of an idiot(in winning terms). again, if your goal is to win a lot. There are only 3 or so franchises that are dedicated to winning. oops, let me throw the spurs in there too. 4 franchises. warriors, Boston, Lakers, spurs. Name me another franchise thats DEDICATED to winning rings? the knicks aint on that list. as much as i loved that pat ewing and starks team. they were not dedicated to winning rings then either, if they were they would've had a true 2nd star instead of praying an ex cba player(starks) would become a legit hall of fame player.

the knicks have made bad decision after bad decision after bad decision after .....
so again, if you're trying to win rings not some games. RINGS. then you do not go there. you go there for one reason only. to showcase your talent on a big stage and thats it. So ... is kemba really about winning rings right now at this point in his career? if the answer is yes. he should be pushing for one of those 4 franchises.

But why would he stay on Charlotte then?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

is he starting tonight for Zo?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

1) Michael Jordan is getting ready to throw the max at Kemba.

2) Mitch is trying to put together a trade that sends Beal to the Hornets to have a Kemba/Beal backcourt.

I don't think moving Kemba is anywhere in their plans currently as of right now.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

I'm not really a big fan of Kemba because he's playing well above his career averages right now and I think he's likely to regress and still demand a max/semimax deal.

But a trade of Ingram (NC local kid) and Ball for Kemba might work this year. Together their salaries are be pretty close ($13.2M to $12M)

Kemba's has a cap hold of $18M next year prior to signing a new contract and that would make it so you can't offer KD a full max contract (Lonzo + Brandon next year would be $16M in salary cap), so Kemba's hold would lose $2M. Still comfortably within space to pickup Kawhi though.

Why Charlotte would make this deal, don't know. Forums aren't for living in reality though. Maybe we can get the naked pictures from Deng/Mozgov and and keep up the Kupchak blackmailing.

PG: Kemba
SG: Kawhi
SF: Lebron
PF: Kuzma
C: Min Center

The team looks OK to me. Defensively inconsistent but pretty unstoppable on O. Obviously any team with Kawhi and Lebron should be solid.

I think we're going to run under the assumption that if the Lakers FO plan works out there's not going to be any depth no matter what.

Personally, I'd still rather ride out the young players if they get some decent guidance and development.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Scrub Kemba only had 16 and 11 tonight
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't see how going to the Knicks who haven't done anything longer than Charlotte has been a franchise for less money is the answer if he's eaten up about not making it deep into the playoffs. Unless you're saying he's going to NYC with someone else. Then I agree it's plausible.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

how's his d?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't see how going to the Knicks who haven't done anything longer than Charlotte has been a franchise for less money is the answer if he's eaten up about not making it deep into the playoffs. Unless you're saying he's going to NYC with someone else. Then I agree it's plausible.

Someone else of course. And with a healthy Porky. I’ve said NYC or LA are other options. He seems to be seeking a bigger stage.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Have a hard time seeing him turn down a max 5 year deal from the Hornets.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:29 am    Post subject:

If he makes All-NBA, he's eligible for the Supermax, and Charlotte will certainly offer him that. I don't see him leaving if that happens.

If he doesn't make it, then maybe he'll consider leaving.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Several guys have done that though. I’m not sure he wants to piss away the rest of his career to be on a team that is fighting for an 8th seed and is basically unknown outside of Charlotte.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
1) Michael Jordan is getting ready to throw the max at Kemba.

2) Mitch is trying to put together a trade that sends Beal to the Hornets to have a Kemba/Beal backcourt.

I don't think moving Kemba is anywhere in their plans currently as of right now.

I haven't kept up on the latest news. Can you provide a source?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Several guys have done that though. I’m not sure he wants to piss away the rest of his career to be on a team that is fighting for an 8th seed and is basically unknown outside of Charlotte.

Nobody has turned down a supermax iirc.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

For every Kemba there are MKGs and Wesley Johnsons and Jonny Flynns
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

This is the best player Jordan has ever had on his team as an owner, and he drafted him.

Don’t think Jordan lets him walk. And don’t think they’ll kill all the good vibes going on in Charlotte by trading him abruptly.

They’ll eat their luxury tax or try their best to trade ancillary pieces to get under the apron.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

How do you know Kemba is not putting up empty stats on a garbage team? Hornets are currently a low ranking playoff seed in the East. Not exactly impressive, and can’t serve as evidence that he’d perform well on a winning team.

Only teams in recent history to hold onto their draft picks and win ships are Spurs and GS. Max FA plan/trade young talent for proven all-star method is still the best play.
EthanHarris
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I Agree. He won't give up such a contract. And he doesn't want to be the second best player. He wants to lead a team. He can do that in the Hornets.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I get what the OP is trying to say but

Kemba DOMINATED in the big east tourney

Steph DOMINATED in the tourney

KD DOMINATED in his one year at Texas

these are flashes. There are things you see to give yourself that patience. Like “wow that’s something to build on”.

Ingram didn’t do much in the tourney and has been an OKay pro

Lonzo got lit up by D Aaron Fox in the tourney. Puts up stats but also is an OK pro

Just show us something that says this maybe a star or superstar guy

So to say Charlotte didn’t give up on Kemba too soon, well why would they ? He showed a DOMINANCE in college our guys are easily forgettable
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

BI has scored over 26 pts one time since high school. So much for being a 20 ppg scorer. That has to be unprecedented.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
BI has scored over 26 pts one time since high school. So much for being a 20 ppg scorer. That has to be unprecedented.

Is that really true? Damn BI will never be a KD type for us.... Tayshaun Prince here we come
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
I get what the OP is trying to say but

Kemba DOMINATED in the big east tourney

Steph DOMINATED in the tourney

KD DOMINATED in his one year at Texas

these are flashes. There are things you see to give yourself that patience. Like “wow that’s something to build on”.

Ingram didn’t do much in the tourney and has been an OKay pro

Lonzo got lit up by D Aaron Fox in the tourney. Puts up stats but also is an OK pro

Just show us something that says this maybe a star or superstar guy

So to say Charlotte didn’t give up on Kemba too soon, well why would they ? He showed a DOMINANCE in college our guys are easily forgettable

Kemba and Steph stayed there years in college. Lonzo at UCLA has had a great impact as any top rookie in college basketball given they haven't been a top program interms of record for a while. But let's rave about Kemba and Steph dominating in 3rd year 'cos no one remembers their rookie seasons unlike one and dones.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: