Any Regrets? Players the current FO has traded or not retained...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Obviously Julius Randle.

DLO, Clackson and Larry all were cap clearing moves that got us something in return. We straight out let Randle go for nothing when he was a restricted free agent.

Julius didn't have many options. A team had to offer him a 3 year deal or more as a restricted free agent. Ideally you get him to sign a similar deal he signed or at least get something in return for signing and trading him. To just renounce a valuable player like that I didn't like. If he signed the same deal with us even if he opts in that is a tradeable contract.

Javale/Tyson makes it sting a little less. With Randle you could truly switch everything but Javale/Tyson are probably going to protect the rim at a higher level.

I think the FO should have offered him the same deal he got in NO. 2 years for $18 million, with his option after this year. There is no doubt Julius is going to opt out..he's worth much more than 9 million. There weren't many team with space last summer so he had to settle. Next year there are more teams with space so he'll get $12-14 million. If we would have given him the same deal we still would have $ for a max deal for a FA because he would've opt out.

Let's say worse case scenario he opts in. We still could have traded him....Randle on a one year deal for $9 million is easily tradeable. Just my opinion.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
eureca wrote:
Obviously Julius Randle.

DLO, Clackson and Larry all were cap clearing moves that got us something in return. We straight out let Randle go for nothing when he was a restricted free agent.

Julius didn't have many options. A team had to offer him a 3 year deal or more as a restricted free agent. Ideally you get him to sign a similar deal he signed or at least get something in return for signing and trading him. To just renounce a valuable player like that I didn't like. If he signed the same deal with us even if he opts in that is a tradeable contract.

Javale/Tyson makes it sting a little less. With Randle you could truly switch everything but Javale/Tyson are probably going to protect the rim at a higher level.

I think the FO should have offered him the same deal he got in NO. 2 years for $18 million, with his option after this year. There is no doubt Julius is going to opt out..he's worth much more than 9 million. There weren't many team with space last summer so he had to settle. Next year there are more teams with space so he'll get $12-14 million. If we would have given him the same deal we still would have $ for a max deal for a FA because he would've opt out.

Let's say worse case scenario he opts in. We still could have traded him....Randle on a one year deal for $9 million is easily tradeable. Just my opinion.

If he opts in for $9 mil then something bad happened and he’s not even woth $9 mil on the market so he wouldn’t be as tradeable as you think
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

We did Randle a favor by releasing him. We could have matched any offer, but he didn’t get any. And the Pelicans were too cashed strapped to give Randle anything more than 9m.

So there was more to the story. Randle wasn’t happy here, and he wasn’t happy for a very long time.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
We did Randle a favor by releasing him. We could have matched any offer, but he didn’t get any. And the Pelicans were too cashed strapped to give Randle anything more than 9m.

So there was more to the story. Randle wasn’t happy here, and he wasn’t happy for a very long time.

Did the front office explore the possibility of a sign and trade with NO to at least get an asset for Randle? It sucks that JR wasn't getting much traction as a trade commodity at the last deadline (rumors were just a 2nd rounder), but at that point the Lakers could have at least tried to salvage something out of a former lottery pick coming off his best season. I'm sure there's more to the story that we're not privy. I can't imagine the current front office just giving away assets without exploring every avenue.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
eureca wrote:
Obviously Julius Randle.

If he opts in for $9 mil then something bad happened and he’s not even woth $9 mil on the market so he wouldn’t be as tradeable as you think
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
swaggy

how could I forget about Swaggy?!? He is still a FA, right?

Yup. While we are at it I don’t miss Sacre, Lin, boozer, huertas, Wesley Johnson, Xavier Henry, Ryan Kelly, Roy Hibbert, Mosgov, Deng, Anthony brown, Brandon bass or Tarik Black either. I did like Ed Davis tho. Man, our previous FO Sucked, look at those names lol.

thats pretty good for me too. THe ones I miss are Swaggy, Lou, Jodie Meeks from way back, Lopez a little. Probably Swaggy and Lou the most given how I think theyd be dropping 3s like crazy right now.
lj12
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Dlo is still one of my favorite players in the league. I root for him but so far have been disappointed in his play. Its ti erratic for me and I honestly don't know if he'll amount to anything special anymore.

I wanted to see him and ball try to play together but I think bron told the front office to ship him out if they wanted a shot at him coming here because of the whole swaggy nonsense.

Randle is missed as well but never pegged him for a star. He is just too undersized for how he wants to play imo but his hustle and work last year was amazing.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

1. Randle
2. The decision to pass on Melton in the draft
3. The decision to buy-out Deng now instead of waiting to see where the dominos fall next year.
4. The decision to sign Rondo.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
Here's a better comparison:

We got:
Lebron
Javale
Kuzma/Hart (one of them)
Rondo
Chandler
Mo Wagner
Max slot
Deng and Mosgov off the books

We gave up:
Lou Williams
D'Angelo Russell
Julius Randle
Jordan Clarkson
Larry Nance Jr.
David Nwaba

i don't like the Randle deal. But what can you do... he wanted a 2 year deal.

Give him the same deal that NO did.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Randle is the only one on that list where I don't think we brought in a replacement - unless you see Lebron as the Randle replacement.

Small ball center would have worked with Randle, but now we have Chandler, so no worries about it.

Well, the replacement for Randle is Lebron AND next years max slot availability. That is pretty significant. If we are unable to sign anyone, then all the complaints will have a point, but if we end out getting someone significant, then you all will be much quieter about Randle.

No, we could have had Lebron and Randle
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Should have traded Randle for something before the deadline last year. It was always a super long shot to retain Randle without losing out on a 2nd max slot for 2019.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I think I secretly wanted Russell to go. Something (not the recording) wasn't right about the guy. Almost like his maturity potential had a low ceiling. Plus he never (including now) did anything to impress me. I wish him the best of luck.

Randle is a worker and will have an excellent career. I miss him, but understand why we let him walk.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
eureca wrote:
Obviously Julius Randle.

Or he injures his leg from his rookie season or tears an Achilles or acl which takes a year to recover and opts in. There goes the max slot
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Should have given Randle the KCP $$ and not release him. Let him walk next summer or work him into the Laker's plans.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

In hindsight glad we got rid of Ryan Kelly, DLo, JC, Larry, Julius, Anthony brown, Zubac and BI.
KAJtheGOAT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject:

Brook Lopez could’ve been retained
But prior to that Lou Williams was a keeper too
As we miss shooters, there was a chance to bring back Swaggy P
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
In hindsight glad we got rid of Ryan Kelly, DLo, JC, Larry, Julius, Anthony brown, Zubac and BI.

Speaking it into existence huh? lol
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Refresh my memory, who did we get for BI, Zubac (and brown?) ?
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Should have given Randle the KCP $$ and not release him. Let him walk next summer or work him into the Laker's plans.

Would love to have Randle here, but KCP will yet be important with his defense and shooting.

His minutes will increase with Rondo out
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Beastmode randle, letting him walk was idiotic
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Not smart to let productive young players that work hard like Randle leave. You can always trade them if needed.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

Not really. His game would not fit with LeBron
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
No regrets, next.

Thanks! Simply put an spot on. I guess some will always complain (you know who you are) from going to the toilet of the league to a playoff team this year (and a potentially LEGIT championship contender next year). Magic and Rob are men among boys and its incredible how fast they righted the ship.
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle - Small ball lineup doesn't work without JR. In only 25mins, 17pts/8rbs/2ast. Beastmode lives on in NO. Don't get this idea of just releasing him as a favor. He was a restricted FA. Use the leverage to keep him. So what if he is unhappy. Winning cures all. JR would learn the be happy playing next to Lebron.

Deng - Buyout seems premature. He would have been an expiring contract which by the way makes all these crazy AD trade ideas a little bit more realistic. We can give NO young assets and draft picks. Getting the salaries to match is the hard part. It would be a whole lot easier with Deng's $18M expiring. By the way, we did Deng no favors. He has gotten only 7mins of playing time. Deng could have stayed and gotten Beasley's 11mins.

Are JR and Deng examples of the FO doing these players "favors"? Lakers would have been better off keeping them ... for now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: