Hollywood Hoops: Is Brandon Ingram Best Served Coming Off the Bench?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops: Is Brandon Ingram Best Served Coming Off the Bench?

Hey all,

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep. 110: Is Brandon Ingram Best Served Coming Off the Bench for the LA Lakers? with @JoshMartinNBA and @MoDakhil_NBA (also Shai Gilgeous-Alexander impressive for Clippers) https://www.almightyballer.com/hollywood-hoops-ep-110-is-brandon-ingram-best-coming-off-bench-lakers/

Cheers,

EP
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I think it's a good idea. Josh Hart should start, and Ingram should come off the bench. A win win situation for starters and for the bench lineup. Hart compliment Bron more than BI. And BI can give an additional scoring and length to the 2nd lineup. They look small with Rondo, Hart, KCP, Lance & TC.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

YES, Absolutely, bench him..

He can learn to thrive off the bench, start Hart!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

This is the one lineup change I'd like to see too. James/Kuzma/Hart/Lonzo, and pick your center McGee/Chandler makes for awesome viewing and Laker leads.

Ingram provides scoring and length to the bench unit. I like BI's defense, but not how he fits in the offense alongside the other starters right now.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
YES, Absolutely, bench him..

He can learn to thrive off the bench, start Hart!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

yes. he'll have more freedom. starting unit needs more 3 pt shooting. win win. luke may be pressured not to bench him by magic but in the long run it's best
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

I disagree. If we want to put our best defensive lineup out there with LeBron to start games and prevent these early deficits we seem to have almost every game, I'd put BI and Hart out there over Kuz. I know Kuz is trying to improve, and I can see him hustling more and moving more quickly to the ball, but he's thisfreakingclose to turning into a 21st-century Kiki Vandeweghe.

LBJ is already stepping up his outside game more, possibly to spread the floor, possibly to help him be more efficient and save his foul-generating drives for crunch time, and/or possibly because the refs don't seem to give him the whistles in the 1st half, anyway.

By putting McGee-Ball-Ingram-Hart out there with him, we still have 3 outside shooters (Lonzo, Josh, and LBJ), guys who can finish (all), and guys who can set up others (all but McGee), while hopefully not getting torched on D right out of the gate.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

I would also like to see Hart in the starting lineup and Ingram off the bench. We lose fluidity of ball movement with BI as a starter. Off the bench he might be more effective. But ISO play is not effective if you ball stop and can't make some threes to open up your game. I hope BI regains a passion for ball distribution.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

It's not even Kuzma vs. Ingram anymore, its Ingram vs. Hart.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
It's not even Kuzma vs. Ingram anymore, its Ingram vs. Hart.

My gut tells me that in the minds of coaching staff it’s Kuzma vs. Hart. And Kuzma is losing the edge
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
I think it's a good idea. Josh Hart should start, and Ingram should come off the bench. A win win situation for starters and for the bench lineup. Hart compliment Bron more than BI. And BI can give an additional scoring and length to the 2nd lineup. They look small with Rondo, Hart, KCP, Lance & TC.

Agree. Ingram can then replace LeBronze when he retires.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

I think so.
We're asking BI to fill a role he's struggling with.

It woukd be much better if we allow BI to be himself 1st to the fullest extend and then carve a role for him afterwards.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject:

JM wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Agree. Ingram can then replace LeBronze when he retires.

My feeling is that Ingram becomes trade bait if we get either KD or Kawhi.

1) Ingram has the most value
2) Ingram is best at a position (sf) which has a superstar ahead of him.

I know Ingram can move down to the 2 or pg, but maybe its me. I think its better to move him to address our needs. Specially, we still need a permanent fix at center. Old man Chandler is probably going to work this year but I can't see Chandler being here for more than year, 2 if we're lucky. He's already 37

Also I'm not sure whether Ingram will resign with us if he's not a starter. Ingram is too talented to be on the bench.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
I disagree. If we want to put our best defensive lineup out there with LeBron to start games and prevent these early deficits we seem to have almost every game, I'd put BI and Hart out there over Kuz.

I am agreeance with this. I'd go with Lonzo/Hart/Ingram/Lebron/McGee. I also don't really have a problem if they go with Lonzo/Hart/Lebron/Kuzma/McGee. I think either of those lineups is an improvement over the current starting lineup. I personally would prefer Ingram for defensive purposes, but it's close.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject:

The Lakers probably should bench Ingram especially if Bron is wedded to the 3, BUT I doubt the Lakers do this as it would decrease his perceived value.....I think with each game it's becoming more likely BI is moved at the trade deadline....
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

It really does not matter who starts, but who finishes. I believe KCP changes the entire makeup of our team. It seems that he may be rounding the corner and hopefully becomes the player from last year after his legal troubles were over. We are lucky that we have so many guys who can run the point. I think to close games, we could see Hart, KCP, Ingram, LJ, and a big. This gives us the most versatile lineup (two way players, shooters, ability to hit free throws, etc.). I am not hating on Kuz and Lonzo and love them both, but this may be a better lineup to close with (depending on how well they are playing).
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

Ingram has always been the odd man out due to his questionable fit in the starting lineup. Kuzma doesn’t need the ball in his hands nor does he need to iso like Ingram does constantly to get a shot up.

Ingram would still get his minutes regardless but Hart starting over him has always made much more sense.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject:

On the offensive end he’s just a ball stopper, and worse yet a call stopper can sometimes be tolerable when he does actually something on offense, but BI just settling for contested jumpers or turning the ball ovet after 10 secs of dribbling.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
The Lakers probably should bench Ingram especially if Bron is wedded to the 3, BUT I doubt the Lakers do this as it would decrease his perceived value.....I think with each game it's becoming more likely BI is moved at the trade deadline....

But with the current going rate, BI will not worth anything significant by the trade dead line if he keeps playing like crap.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
On the offensive end he’s just a ball stopper, and worse yet a call stopper can sometimes be tolerable when he does actually something on offense, but BI just settling for contested jumpers or turning the ball ovet after 10 secs of dribbling.

This is not a shot at Luke, but what do you think Pop would do with BI's skill set?
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

Yes. Why not try it out for a game or two?

Unless the Lakers do not want to hurt BI's confidence.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

yes he absolutely should be

but wait, as soon as you say that, the hate on kuzma gets ridiculous
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

No, but Kuzma is.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

LeBron 34
Ingram 21

LeBron 35
Ingram 22

LeBron 36
Ingram 23

LeBron 37
Ingram 24

LeBron 38
Ingram 25

LeBron 39
Ingram 26

This is the fundamental problem with those saying... Ingram doesn't fit... trade him.

What year is the tipping point? Year 3, Year 4?

If you think he's just not good... or he'll never be more than average... sure you trade him or don't re-sign him.

If you think he's good though, you try to keep him.

If he asks for too much money commensurate with his skill level... you let him go.

If he's willing to work with you... you keep him.

So many variables to work out, yet many of you don't seem to think them through.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

This is not a shot at Luke, but what do you think Pop would do with BI's skill set?

My honest opinion is Pop will realize long before that BI has no one set of skill that makes him valuable on the court. He is the ultimate understatement for jack of all trades and master of none. The only good attribute he brings is his perimeter defense against guards. But for someone drafted 2nd overall, almost 7” tall with long arms it’s unfortunate that’s the only part of his game that stands out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: