Fultz Parts Ways with Shooting Coach Drew Hanlen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 5082
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

And there are people on LG that want to trade BI for him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
giordan0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject:

It boils down to if this kid can scale the mental hurdles, overcome the yips otherwise he's going to go down as one of the greatest first pick busts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 14067

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

I probably wouldn't even trade Bonga for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9351
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

Anyone think a future second round pick would be worth taking a chance on Fultz?

I'd stick in in the G League to work on his game and if he returned to form, bring him up to the big team, if not he can go play in Europe...
_________________
Lakers Rebirth: 2018-19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15470
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz's tenure with the team that drafted him first overall may be coming to an end after a bizarre year-and-a-half to begin his NBA career.

Per Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer, "Fultz is no longer in the Sixers' long-term plans." He also noted that "multiple sources" said the team is "considering trading Fultz."

_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15470
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Anyone think a future second round pick would be worth taking a chance on Fultz?

I'd stick in in the G League to work on his game and if he returned to form, bring him up to the big team, if not he can go play in Europe...


In terms of talent, of course he's worth that risk. It's a question of what carrying his $9.7 million guaranteed salary into next season does to our free-agency plans.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16758

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

In terms of the talent Fultz has, I'd trade KCP to the 76ers for him to be honest.

Can't see KCP saying no to it, considering where he'd be and the 76ers could 'buy in' to KCP's 'defense'.

Anyway, once Fultz got here, we should immediately red shirt him this season, and get his shoulder right in terms of the medical facilities and such.

Fultz would be a great 2 guard next to Lonzo and it'd be worth the risk to send KCP to Philly for him. Considering how Philly has destroyed his value with their handling of the situation I think KCP for Fultz is fair.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9752

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
In terms of the talent Fultz has, I'd trade KCP to the 76ers for him to be honest.

Can't see KCP saying no to it, considering where he'd be and the 76ers could 'buy in' to KCP's 'defense'.

Anyway, once Fultz got here, we should immediately red shirt him this season, and get his shoulder right in terms of the medical facilities and such.

Fultz would be a great 2 guard next to Lonzo and it'd be worth the risk to send KCP to Philly for him. Considering how Philly has destroyed his value with their handling of the situation I think KCP for Fultz is fair.


he takes $10mil off your cap space... no more max, not worth it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 4363

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MJST wrote:
In terms of the talent Fultz has, I'd trade KCP to the 76ers for him to be honest.

Can't see KCP saying no to it, considering where he'd be and the 76ers could 'buy in' to KCP's 'defense'.

Anyway, once Fultz got here, we should immediately red shirt him this season, and get his shoulder right in terms of the medical facilities and such.

Fultz would be a great 2 guard next to Lonzo and it'd be worth the risk to send KCP to Philly for him. Considering how Philly has destroyed his value with their handling of the situation I think KCP for Fultz is fair.


he takes $10mil off your cap space... no more max, not worth it


If a max FA commits, I think we can easily trade Fultz to a team like Hawks/Suns for a 2nd rounder. And if we strike out, we still have a talent like Fultz without giving up anything much really. But I guess Maginka might prefer to have the cap space outright rather than get into these scenarios.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 4347
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
In terms of the talent Fultz has, I'd trade KCP to the 76ers for him to be honest.

Can't see KCP saying no to it, considering where he'd be and the 76ers could 'buy in' to KCP's 'defense'.

Anyway, once Fultz got here, we should immediately red shirt him this season, and get his shoulder right in terms of the medical facilities and such.

Fultz would be a great 2 guard next to Lonzo and it'd be worth the risk to send KCP to Philly for him. Considering how Philly has destroyed his value with their handling of the situation I think KCP for Fultz is fair.

We need KCP to continue being a solid 3-point shooting team. No thanks.
_________________
"Lindsay Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton" - Bill Walton, Game 4 of the 2002 WCFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 18756
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
MJST wrote:
In terms of the talent Fultz has, I'd trade KCP to the 76ers for him to be honest.

Can't see KCP saying no to it, considering where he'd be and the 76ers could 'buy in' to KCP's 'defense'.

Anyway, once Fultz got here, we should immediately red shirt him this season, and get his shoulder right in terms of the medical facilities and such.

Fultz would be a great 2 guard next to Lonzo and it'd be worth the risk to send KCP to Philly for him. Considering how Philly has destroyed his value with their handling of the situation I think KCP for Fultz is fair.

We need KCP to continue being a solid 3-point shooting team. No thanks.


The only advantage KCP has over Fultz beyond the three pt line is that he's willing to shoot it. In terms of makes, I doubt you'll miss KCP's makes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 27466
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

I would definitely offer Beasley and next years 1st if it did not cause cap space problems next summer. Saw a rumor, a late 1st and expiring might be enough.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 4347
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz will continue to see medical specialists about his right shoulder into next week, continuing a search for solutions that has included several rounds of examinations in recent days, league sources told ESPN.

The Sixers will wait until Fultz completes those appointments before approximating his next steps on a return to the franchise, a team official told ESPN.

Fultz's teammates are increasingly concerned about his overall well-being beyond his struggles on the court, league sources told ESPN. The organization has expressed its support as Fultz, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft, completes his consultations in the coming days.

He met with physicians in New York over the course of the past week and stopped at the team's suburban Philadelphia practice facility briefly between appointments, sources said.

Fultz's agent and attorney, Raymond Brothers, informed the Sixers on Nov. 21 that Fultz would seek further opinions on his shoulder before a return to the court --- a decision that the organization has left to Fultz and his management team.


http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25419489/sixers-markelle-fultz-shoulder-visit-more-specialists-next-week

I'm rooting for him, but it looks like something is definitely not right with him, and they need to figure out exactly what it is.

Seems like the Sixers don't need him anymore now that they have Butler. Good for them, they may have the league's next superteam.
_________________
"Lindsay Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton" - Bill Walton, Game 4 of the 2002 WCFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15470
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

^I wonder if it's a case of the specialist he's seen already can't find anything or if whatever may be wrong with this shoulder can't be fixed? I find it difficult to believe it's the latter. Then again, this all may be just a cover up while they get him some psychological help.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9719

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

well if he has the yips thats not really psychological
_________________
anti-tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15470
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz has been diagnosed with neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome, the team and Fultz's agent Raymond Brothers announced on Tuesday.

The condition causes "abnormal functional movement and range of motion" in the nerves between the lower neck and upper chest and it could explain why Fultz has struggled to find his shooting stroke since being drafted No. 1 overall in 2017.

Brothers says the condition can be treated with physical therapy, which will begin immediately for Fultz. The team says Fultz is out indefinitely with no public timetable for his return. According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Sixers are hopeful Fultz can recover in three to six weeks.

_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz has been diagnosed with neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome, the team and Fultz's agent Raymond Brothers announced on Tuesday.

The condition causes "abnormal functional movement and range of motion" in the nerves between the lower neck and upper chest and it could explain why Fultz has struggled to find his shooting stroke since being drafted No. 1 overall in 2017.

Brothers says the condition can be treated with physical therapy, which will begin immediately for Fultz. The team says Fultz is out indefinitely with no public timetable for his return. According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Sixers are hopeful Fultz can recover in three to six weeks.


Treatment is more Physical therapy after a year of PT. Yeah.... sounds like a made up injury. Be glad Lakers didnt get him when he was “consensus” #1
_________________
The KUZ is Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 13056
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz has been diagnosed with neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome, the team and Fultz's agent Raymond Brothers announced on Tuesday.

The condition causes "abnormal functional movement and range of motion" in the nerves between the lower neck and upper chest and it could explain why Fultz has struggled to find his shooting stroke since being drafted No. 1 overall in 2017.

Brothers says the condition can be treated with physical therapy, which will begin immediately for Fultz. The team says Fultz is out indefinitely with no public timetable for his return. According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Sixers are hopeful Fultz can recover in three to six weeks.


Treatment is more Physical therapy after a year of PT. Yeah.... sounds like a made up injury. Be glad Lakers didnt get him when he was “consensus” #1


So your contention is that all forms of physical therapy work exactly the same even with an inaccurate diagnosis.
After consideration, I am more inclined to believe medical practitioners on this issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz has been diagnosed with neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome, the team and Fultz's agent Raymond Brothers announced on Tuesday.

The condition causes "abnormal functional movement and range of motion" in the nerves between the lower neck and upper chest and it could explain why Fultz has struggled to find his shooting stroke since being drafted No. 1 overall in 2017.

Brothers says the condition can be treated with physical therapy, which will begin immediately for Fultz. The team says Fultz is out indefinitely with no public timetable for his return. According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Sixers are hopeful Fultz can recover in three to six weeks.


Treatment is more Physical therapy after a year of PT. Yeah.... sounds like a made up injury. Be glad Lakers didnt get him when he was “consensus” #1


So your contention is that all forms of physical therapy work exactly the same even with an inaccurate diagnosis.
After consideration, I am more inclined to believe medical practitioners on this issue.


Neurogenic TOS is a vague diagnosis and difficult to treat for that reason. I am a medical practitioner
_________________
The KUZ is Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 13056
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:


So your contention is that all forms of physical therapy work exactly the same even with an inaccurate diagnosis.
After consideration, I am more inclined to believe medical practitioners on this issue.


Neurogenic TOS is a vague diagnosis and difficult to treat for that reason. I am a medical practitioner


Then you know full well that treatments vary quite a bit depending on diagnosis. I understand that it is a vague diagnosis, but that does not necessarily mean that it is incorrect. It is also true that having had pt in the past based on a different diagnosis means that they may have missed rehabilitating the areas that needed therapy. I am not a practitioner, so I defer to those who know more than I. Maybe you are one of those people, but I have had to do rehab multiple times and in my experience so much of the effectiveness depends on so many variables that I suspect it is entirely possible that his previous therapy could have easily missed the mark.
I feel bad for the kid and hope this works for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16758

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject:

Neurogenic (neurological) thoracic outlet syndrome.

This form of thoracic outlet syndrome is characterized by compression of the brachial plexus. The brachial plexus is a network of nerves that come from your spinal cord and control muscle movements and sensation in your shoulder, arm and hand.

Thoracic outlet syndrome is a group of disorders that occur when blood vessels or nerves in the space between your collarbone and your first rib (thoracic outlet) are compressed. This can cause pain in your shoulders and neck and numbness in your fingers.

Common causes of thoracic outlet syndrome include physical trauma from a car accident, repetitive injuries from job- or sports-related activities, certain anatomical defects (such as having an extra rib), and pregnancy. Sometimes doctors can't determine the cause of thoracic outlet syndrome.

Treatment for thoracic outlet syndrome usually involves physical therapy and pain relief measures. Most people improve with these approaches. In some cases, however, your doctor may recommend surgery.

If your symptoms haven't been treated early, you may experience progressive nerve damage, and you may need surgery. Doctors recommend surgery to treat thoracic outlet syndrome only when other treatments haven't been effective. Surgery has higher risks than do other treatments and may not always treat your symptoms.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20353988


Again, that explains this https://www.instagram.com/p/BqBxWHMBRXj/

While people were busy laughing at it, it was very apparent there was something wrong. I said I felt it was likely a pinched nerve in his shoulder or neck. Seems to have been right up that alley.

Once more, another NBA Team trying to get another player to play through an obvious injury and say they're "cleared" and it is "all mental." to the media, only for it to be re-diagnosed later by a doctor outside of the team.

Sensing a pattern here, and I don't like it.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 95600
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

If I'm the 76ers I don't trade Fultz right now.

Clearly he has an injury and I would not be the idiot who traded a #1 pick (and a 2019 1st) b/c they misdiagnosed him.
_________________
Let’s bring Ariza home!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Neurogenic (neurological) thoracic outlet syndrome.

This form of thoracic outlet syndrome is characterized by compression of the brachial plexus. The brachial plexus is a network of nerves that come from your spinal cord and control muscle movements and sensation in your shoulder, arm and hand.

Thoracic outlet syndrome is a group of disorders that occur when blood vessels or nerves in the space between your collarbone and your first rib (thoracic outlet) are compressed. This can cause pain in your shoulders and neck and numbness in your fingers.

Common causes of thoracic outlet syndrome include physical trauma from a car accident, repetitive injuries from job- or sports-related activities, certain anatomical defects (such as having an extra rib), and pregnancy. Sometimes doctors can't determine the cause of thoracic outlet syndrome.

Treatment for thoracic outlet syndrome usually involves physical therapy and pain relief measures. Most people improve with these approaches. In some cases, however, your doctor may recommend surgery.

If your symptoms haven't been treated early, you may experience progressive nerve damage, and you may need surgery. Doctors recommend surgery to treat thoracic outlet syndrome only when other treatments haven't been effective. Surgery has higher risks than do other treatments and may not always treat your symptoms.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20353988


Again, that explains this https://www.instagram.com/p/BqBxWHMBRXj/

While people were busy laughing at it, it was very apparent there was something wrong. I said I felt it was likely a pinched nerve in his shoulder or neck. Seems to have been right up that alley.

Once more, another NBA Team trying to get another player to play through an obvious injury and say they're "cleared" and it is "all mental." to the media, only for it to be re-diagnosed later by a doctor outside of the team.

Sensing a pattern here, and I don't like it.


There are different types of TOS. The Vascular type is surgical and has definitive treatment. Fultz has the neurogenic type which is treated with rest and PT and has the least success. Many people have this for years. Most people do not return to normal function no matter what you do.
_________________
The KUZ is Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB