Los Angeles area teacher arrested after punching student in class
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45199
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I understand your reasoning, that's the dark side. Are you familiar with the neighborhoods i mentioned? There are villages in the greater metropolis.


You use the words so interchangeably, I'm not really sure. Here are the terms you've used so far:

1) Small village - My village was small, Orange New Jersey 2.201 mi²

2) Community - As a child I was raised by the community.

3) Neighborhoods - In today's climate being raised by the village is limited to neighborhoods.

4) Small neighborhoods - In small neighborhoods they're mostly identified and watched closely. I'm talking about hide and go seek, kick the can, tag neighborhoods. Are you familiar with neighborhoods of that ilk?

5) Villages and neighborhoods in the greater metropolis - Are you familiar with the neighborhoods i mentioned? There are villages in the greater metropolis.

jodeke wrote:
You use a comedian to get your point across! SMH


Don't underestimate comedians. It's just a vessel for getting their message across. It doesn't make the message any less valid.


Those terms are interchangeable. The ability to place them in context takes thought. If, I'm not saying you do, you have blinders on and only look for terms that augment your narrative IMO you're being disingenuous.

I understand your position on the dangers and agree. I think you may be missing my position stances.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 3046

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I understand your reasoning, that's the dark side. Are you familiar with the neighborhoods i mentioned? There are villages in the greater metropolis.


You use the words so interchangeably, I'm not really sure. Here are the terms you've used so far:

1) Small village - My village was small, Orange New Jersey 2.201 mi²

2) Community - As a child I was raised by the community.

3) Neighborhoods - In today's climate being raised by the village is limited to neighborhoods.

4) Small neighborhoods - In small neighborhoods they're mostly identified and watched closely. I'm talking about hide and go seek, kick the can, tag neighborhoods. Are you familiar with neighborhoods of that ilk?

5) Villages and neighborhoods in the greater metropolis - Are you familiar with the neighborhoods i mentioned? There are villages in the greater metropolis.

jodeke wrote:
You use a comedian to get your point across! SMH


Don't underestimate comedians. It's just a vessel for getting their message across. It doesn't make the message any less valid.


Those terms are interchangeable. The ability to place them in context takes thought. If, and I'm not saying you do, you have blinders on and only look for terms that augment your narrative IMO you're being disingenuous.

I understand your position on the dangers and agree. I think you may be missing my position stances.


When you say those terms are interchangeable, that's the problem. Because you started off by saying you grew up in a small village, raised by a community.

Nowadays, you say it can only work in a neighborhood. Or a small neighborhood. Or, some kind of village or neighborhood in a greater metropolis.

What what may be clear to you, is not clear to me. The way you use them seems like they are very distinct terms, but then you say they are interchangeable.

So, that's why I don't get your stance. If you used to be raised in a village, but now, you can be raised in a small neighborhood...

But villages and neighborhoods are interchangeable...

So, nothing's changed? But, then, something's changed because your whole point is that - things aren't what they used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45199
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:
When you say those terms are interchangeable, that's the problem. Because you started off by saying you grew up in a small village, raised by a community.

What about that don't you understand?

Quote:
Nowadays, you say it can only work in a neighborhood. Or a small neighborhood. Or, some kind of village or neighborhood in a greater metropolis.


I didn't say that, you did. I said there are still villages within the metropolis where community involvement is in force.

Quote:
What what may be clear to you, is not clear to me. The way you use them seems like they are very distinct terms, but then you say they are interchangeable.

If you don't understand my term placement I don't have the wherewithal to explain them.

Quote:
So, that's why I don't get your stance. If you used to be raised in a village, but now, you can be raised in a small neighborhood...

The small neighborhood is the village.
But villages and neighborhoods are interchangeable...


Small neighborhoods = villages

Quote:
So, nothing's changed? But, then, something's changed because your whole point is that - things aren't


Where I say nothings changed? Things aren't what?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 3046

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:
When you say those terms are interchangeable, that's the problem. Because you started off by saying you grew up in a small village, raised by a community.

What about that don't you understand?

Quote:
Nowadays, you say it can only work in a neighborhood. Or a small neighborhood. Or, some kind of village or neighborhood in a greater metropolis.


I didn't say that, you did. I said there are still villages within the metropolis where community involvement is in force.

Quote:
What what may be clear to you, is not clear to me. The way you use them seems like they are very distinct terms, but then you say they are interchangeable.

If you don't understand my term placement I don't have the wherewithal to explain them.

Quote:
So, that's why I don't get your stance. If you used to be raised in a village, but now, you can be raised in a small neighborhood...

The small neighborhood is the village.
But villages and neighborhoods are interchangeable...


Small neighborhoods = villages

Quote:
So, nothing's changed? But, then, something's changed because your whole point is that - things aren't


Where I say nothings changed? Things aren't what?


Alright, villages = communities = small neighborhoods = small villages.

Ok, let me go through all your posts again:

1) My village was small, Orange New Jersey 2.201 mi² [Interpretation - you were raised in a small village]

2) Nowadays if you say boo to a child expect the parents of some to go postal without asking why you said boo. It's a different world. [Interpretation - it's different nowadays]

3) In today's climate being raised by the village is limited to neighborhoods. [Interpretation - villages today are limited to neighborhoods. So a neighborhood is a limited village? But you just said villages and neighborhoods are used interchangeably? Ok, not clear on this one]

4) In small neighborhoods they're mostly identified and watched closely. [Interpretation - well, we know that neighborhoods are limited villages from 3. So, small neighborhoods are further limited neighborhoods? Ok, not clear on this one either]

5) In large neighborhoods parents don't know one another. They protect their children without investigating. [Interpretation - ok, now we have large neighborhoods. So, they are different than small neighborhoods. But then, how do they compare with villages? Maybe large neighborhoods are villages? Ok, not clear on this one either]

6) Are you familiar with the neighborhoods i mentioned? There are villages in the greater metropolis. [Translation - have no idea by now. Now there are small neighborhoods, large neighborhoods, and just plain neighborhoods. These neighborhoods are = to villages which are in the greater metropolis?]


Anyways, so trying to sum it all up. You used to be raised in a village. And that's the proper way to raise a kid. Nowdays, you say boo to a kid and the parents go postal [not sure if this happens in villages, neighborhoods, or what]. But today, you can still raise kids in neighborhoods if they are small neighborhoods where you can keep an eye out for sex offenders.

Pretty much it?

So what I don't understand is, where does the "can't say boo to a kid" - where does that fit into this arc?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3293

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
You know, if parents can teach their kids to behave at home, I have no problem with a little school yard justice...


what?????

The whole point of being a teacher is to teach kids how to deal with adverse people/situations that they will undoubtedly encounter in their life.

He basically went Ron Artest on the kid.
he basically didnt. that kid basically went kkk on him with the tirade of racist remarks. here's the problem. racist that are excited now and THINK they can say and do anything to anyone with no regard for those people because their racist in chief is in the white house. everybody aint having it. Some of these people will end up meeting those 5 fingers. and sorry to say this but hey, you get what you asked for some times. forget all that PC nonsense about the teacher should've.... nope. sometimes you get what you ask for. you ask for it. didnt think you were going to get it and now you got it. now we all know the teacher is going to take the biggest loss in this for one, he's a teacher, for two he's a black man. so we already know. he's already spending money on bail most likely. so there that goes.


KKK? Kid looks latino to me and Maywood High School is almost entirely hispanic.

Quote:
Demographics
Race
The Maywood Academy High student body is almost exclusively Hispanic with a small White population and has extremely low racial diversity.

Race Percent Students
White 0.7% 9
Black 0% 0
Hispanic 98.8% 1,306
Asian Pacific 0.2% 3
Native American Indian 0.1% 1
Hawaiian Pacific Inlander 0.1% 1
Two or more races 0.2% 2
it is mostly hispanic and the kid may have been hispanic. doesnt take away him going full on kkk with his words. we're talking about what he said. I only said that to reverse what the other poster said to remind said poster of how over the top the kid was to warrant such a response by the teacher. doesnt make it right. per se but i can understand it. especially in these times. And yes trump makes everyone that wants to get their racist on, feel free to do so. even if they belong to another group.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3293

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
You know, if parents can teach their kids to behave at home, I have no problem with a little school yard justice...


what?????

The whole point of being a teacher is to teach kids how to deal with adverse people/situations that they will undoubtedly encounter in their life.

He basically went Ron Artest on the kid.
he basically didnt. that kid basically went kkk on him with the tirade of racist remarks. here's the problem. racist that are excited now and THINK they can say and do anything to anyone with no regard for those people because their racist in chief is in the white house. everybody aint having it. Some of these people will end up meeting those 5 fingers. and sorry to say this but hey, you get what you asked for some times. forget all that PC nonsense about the teacher should've.... nope. sometimes you get what you ask for. you ask for it. didnt think you were going to get it and now you got it. now we all know the teacher is going to take the biggest loss in this for one, he's a teacher, for two he's a black man. so we already know. he's already spending money on bail most likely. so there that goes.


KKK? Kid looks latino to me and Maywood High School is almost entirely hispanic.

Quote:
Demographics
Race
The Maywood Academy High student body is almost exclusively Hispanic with a small White population and has extremely low racial diversity.

Race Percent Students
White 0.7% 9
Black 0% 0
Hispanic 98.8% 1,306
Asian Pacific 0.2% 3
Native American Indian 0.1% 1
Hawaiian Pacific Inlander 0.1% 1
Two or more races 0.2% 2

Now why did you have to use actual logic and facts? Don't you know how it works here everything is Trumps fault.
actually everything isnt trumps fault. its actually the fault of white supremacist/racist that set the stage for trump to run their show. you have anything to say about that Thief?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3293

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
The teacher probably shouldnt have done it, but with how kids are now days, im shocked more people havent snapped. This goes back to being a parent problem. Parents arent doing their jobs and teaching respect.

It's not only a parent problem. It's a society problem. 50, 70 years ago we had a pretty clear common understanding of parenting and education. If you misbehaved as a child everybody would tell you, no matter if you are at home, school or just out on the streets. If I tell my neighbor kids to stop throwing rocks in windows I probably will get sued.

If someone tells my kids to be quiet if they are too loud in the subway - you would actually help me out quite a bit. If it's only me telling them to shut up - they probably don't care too much or take the risk. If the whole subway tells them the same thing I do - I guess my words become a lot more meaningful...
all of that works only when all involved are upstanding people. that was never the case and surely is not the case now. back in the day we just didnt know for sure if all of those people were upstanding or not, we ASSUMED they were. The internet/social media has exposed what a lot of people really always have been. and i'm not just talking about the kids, we're talking full grown adults.

I dont want you telling my kid to shut up, when i find out the only reason you told him to shut up is because his skin was a little darker brown than yours. I dont want you yanking my kid up for doing something silly if you are the type of person that can't control your anger because you use to be abused as a child. so more bruised fruit, abusing other fruit.

What you speak of only works in a moral setup. If that isnt the case, its all a Facade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3293

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Again, that's the dark side. If you only look at negatives you miss some positives. I try to look at both, weigh the good and the bad. It's not always pretty but it's also not always ugly. It's not the same as when I was a child, nothing stays the same. Adjustments are a necessary part of coping.


But we're not talking about you nor I. This whole thing started with a critique on the parents of today.

"If parents would do their jobs, none of this would have happened"

"Well, in my day, kids were raised as a village."

So, it's really not about you nor I. There's a reason why kids aren't raised by a "village" anymore. Now you can go tell all those parents that they shouldn't just look at the negative stuff. Be my guest. I'm just explaining why parenting has changed over the years. It wasn't random changes. Lots of bad things happened in the "village."

It's not like it used to be and there's a reason why it's not like that anymore.
thank you.

like i said a facade unless all parties involved are moral and ethical. which we know is normally not the case.

And I would also add. If "back in the day" did such a great job. Then why are the kids today so bad(per the back in the dayers)?

I look at it like this. If your parents did such a bang up job of parenting you. Why are their grandkids bad as hell? Is that because you did not do a good job of raising them? IF thats the case, i have to wonder why. Who taught you? who did you learn how to parent from? OH... Your parents. So now we're getting some where. out of your mouth you said your parents did a great job raising you. But the manner in which you raise your kids says otherwise. either your parents did some unsavory things and you swore to never raise your kids in that manner and by doing that you thru the baby out with the bath water. Or your parents did a bad job of raising you and you are following suit.

We're not getting worse. We're getting exposed. What we thought was right was wrong or half wrong and it produced bad fruit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45199
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:


LongBeachPoly wrote:


Quote:
So what I don't understand is, where does the "can't say boo to a kid" - where does that fit into this arc?


Parenting has changed. The number of kids having kids has changed. The rules of engagement has changed.

You can say boo if you know the parents or the kids. Responsible adults will be responsible.

Your analogy of approaching children in a park should explain itself. You don't approach kids you don't know for no reason. If you don't know them talk to the parents about your concerns.

I don't know the people in the apartment complex across the street but I see those who live there admonishing children who aren't there. That's a village.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 3046

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LongBeachPoly wrote:


Quote:
So what I don't understand is, where does the "can't say boo to a kid" - where does that fit into this arc?


Parenting has changed. The number of kids having kids has changed. The rules of engagement has changed.

You can say boo if you know the parents or the kids. Responsible adults will be responsible.

Your analogy of approaching children in a park should explain itself. You don't approach kids you don't know for no reason. If you don't know them talk to the parents about your concerns.

I don't know the people in the apartment complex across the street but I see those who live there admonishing children who aren't there. That's a village.


So your whole point was:

I used to be raised in a village. Can't say boo to kids nowadays. Now children are raised in small neighborhoods.

That's the point you were trying to get across?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45199
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LongBeachPoly wrote:


Quote:
So what I don't understand is, where does the "can't say boo to a kid" - where does that fit into this arc?


Parenting has changed. The number of kids having kids has changed. The rules of engagement has changed.

You can say boo if you know the parents or the kids. Responsible adults will be responsible.

Your analogy of approaching children in a park should explain itself. You don't approach kids you don't know for no reason. If you don't know them talk to the parents about your concerns.

I don't know the people in the apartment complex across the street but I see those who live there admonishing children who aren't there. That's a village.


So your whole point was:

I used to be raised in a village. Can't say boo to kids nowadays. Now children are raised in small neighborhoods.

That's the point you were trying to get across?

No. I'm starting to get the sense you're trolling. GOODBYE.....
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 3046

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LongBeachPoly wrote:


Quote:
So what I don't understand is, where does the "can't say boo to a kid" - where does that fit into this arc?


Parenting has changed. The number of kids having kids has changed. The rules of engagement has changed.

You can say boo if you know the parents or the kids. Responsible adults will be responsible.

Your analogy of approaching children in a park should explain itself. You don't approach kids you don't know for no reason. If you don't know them talk to the parents about your concerns.

I don't know the people in the apartment complex across the street but I see those who live there admonishing children who aren't there. That's a village.


So your whole point was:

I used to be raised in a village. Can't say boo to kids nowadays. Now children are raised in small neighborhoods.

That's the point you were trying to get across?

No. I'm starting to get the sense you're trolling. GOODBYE.....


Nope. I'm trying to understand how it all ties in to the teacher beating his student.

So the teacher beat his student. Student was being a racist. People said parenting nowadays is to blame.

Then, you went on about being raised in a village. And how nowadays you can't say boo to a kid anymore.

But now, children are raised in small neighborhoods. How does it all tie in?

Are small neighborhoods the issue with bad parenting nowadays?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 3046

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't know the people in the apartment complex across the street but I see those who live there admonishing children who aren't there. That's a village.


How do you admonish children who aren't there?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45199
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't know the people in the apartment complex across the street but I see those who live there admonishing children who aren't there. That's a village.


How do you admonish children who aren't there?
\
Typo, THEIRS. You knew that. DAMN, I fell for it, I fed the troll.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 3046

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't know the people in the apartment complex across the street but I see those who live there admonishing children who aren't there. That's a village.


How do you admonish children who aren't there?
\
Typo, THEIRS. You knew that.


ok, that makes sense. I couldn't make that out what you were trying to say.

You were raised up in a village
When you look across the street, they are raising their kids in a village
However, you can't say boo to their kids nowadays

How does that all tie in to the teacher beating the student and the student being a racist?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5546
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Band teacher or not... dude was wearing what looked like a regular t-shirt and jeans. And he's worried about proper uniforms?

Kids are disrespectful... it shouldn't have come to this. But damn... getting baited into that is just plain dumb.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41583
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

How does that all tie in to the teacher beating the student and the student being a racist?


A lot of wasted energy went into debating a lot of irrelevant stuff in this tread.

Here's the breakdown of the only things that matter:

The teacher is an idiot who should lose his job.

The kid is a punk who deserves to be punished, but not via a beat down.

People supporting the teacher should hang their heads in shame and those of them that are disgusting enough to contribute to the teacher's GoFund me should have the decency to just remove themselves from the population.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 5113

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Maybe he sues the kids parents for letting their trash into the populace
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 3957
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

LAUSD in one video
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 3046

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

Gofundme page now at: $139,246

If he gets sued by the parents, and he will, I wonder if they can get to those funds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45199
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

I got $18.50 from Gofundme for my birthday. Thank you LG Fam.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 735

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
The Thief wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
You know, if parents can teach their kids to behave at home, I have no problem with a little school yard justice...


what?????

The whole point of being a teacher is to teach kids how to deal with adverse people/situations that they will undoubtedly encounter in their life.

He basically went Ron Artest on the kid.
he basically didnt. that kid basically went kkk on him with the tirade of racist remarks. here's the problem. racist that are excited now and THINK they can say and do anything to anyone with no regard for those people because their racist in chief is in the white house. everybody aint having it. Some of these people will end up meeting those 5 fingers. and sorry to say this but hey, you get what you asked for some times. forget all that PC nonsense about the teacher should've.... nope. sometimes you get what you ask for. you ask for it. didnt think you were going to get it and now you got it. now we all know the teacher is going to take the biggest loss in this for one, he's a teacher, for two he's a black man. so we already know. he's already spending money on bail most likely. so there that goes.


KKK? Kid looks latino to me and Maywood High School is almost entirely hispanic.

Quote:
Demographics
Race
The Maywood Academy High student body is almost exclusively Hispanic with a small White population and has extremely low racial diversity.

Race Percent Students
White 0.7% 9
Black 0% 0
Hispanic 98.8% 1,306
Asian Pacific 0.2% 3
Native American Indian 0.1% 1
Hawaiian Pacific Inlander 0.1% 1
Two or more races 0.2% 2

Now why did you have to use actual logic and facts? Don't you know how it works here everything is Trumps fault.
actually everything isnt trumps fault. its actually the fault of white supremacist/racist that set the stage for trump to run their show. you have anything to say about that Thief?

Plenty but I'm not going to waste my time as you're already wrapped in your warm racism is to blame for everything blanket.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 735

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

How does that all tie in to the teacher beating the student and the student being a racist?


A lot of wasted energy went into debating a lot of irrelevant stuff in this tread.

Here's the breakdown of the only things that matter:

The teacher is an idiot who should lose his job.

The kid is a punk who deserves to be punished, but not via a beat down.

People supporting the teacher should hang their heads in shame and those of them that are disgusting enough to contribute to the teacher's GoFund me should have the decency to just remove themselves from the population.

The teacher should be fired but that kid definitely deserved the beat down. And just because the teacher snapped doesn't mean he's a bad person so not sure why you would call people disgusting for sending him funds to help him out since he'll most likely be out of a job if he isn't already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45199
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

My sister was a teacher for 30 years. I have nieces and nephews in the profession. It's a vocation that calls for patience and restraint. I liken it to dealing with the public, the public is always right. It's a thankless underpaid profession. I don't know if this particular teacher is/was good at his job or not so I won't chime in on his fate. He was wrong but I have empathy.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 3046

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My sister was a teacher for 30 years. I have nieces and nephews in the profession. It's a vocation that calls for patience and restraint. I liken it to dealing with the public, the public is always right. It's a thankless underpaid profession. I don't know if this particular teacher is/was good at his job or not so I won't chime in on his fate. He was wrong but I have empathy.


How did your sister, nieces and nephews react? Probably shocked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB