View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nowadays if you say boo to a child expect the parents of some to go postal without asking why you said boo. It's a different world.

It's really a shame as that culture is infecting the school system as well. Schoools can't even provide common sense care to a child due to the threat of litigation. I got a call from my daughters school last week that she had fell off the monkey bars and hurt her private parts. My 6 year old daughter told them that she was bleeding but they weren't able to check because it was her private area. Luckily I work close by since when I got there and checked her underwear was soaked with blood from an open wound that was still bleeding. It's asinine that they would let a child sit there bleeding without care because everyone is afraid of getting sued these days.

It's not culture. Something bad happened and the school wanted to protect themselves. It's always a reaction to something bad happening.

Probably some teacher was caught touching a student in the private parts and he came up with an excuse that the student told him that he/she was hurting down there in the private parts so he had to feel down there to see where he/she was hurting at.

So it's a big loophole for pedofiles to explain away why they were touching kids in their private parts. They can always say, oh the kid told me they were hurting down there. So, it's a reaction to that loophole by closing it all off. Just don't touch them down there w/o parents permission, period.

It's like how we used to be able to fly freely until 9/11, now liquids over 4 oz are some kind of big danger and security checkins are now 2hrs long.

No, the school has the obligation to assess to make sure there is no emergency medical situation that needed immediate attention. An actively bleeding site including private part has to be assessed by the school nurse period. If then found out there is no emergency medical situation then and only then the school wait for the parent's consent regarding methods of treatment
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
The teacher probably shouldnt have done it, but with how kids are now days, im shocked more people havent snapped. This goes back to being a parent problem. Parents arent doing their jobs and teaching respect.

It's not only a parent problem. It's a society problem. 50, 70 years ago we had a pretty clear common understanding of parenting and education. If you misbehaved as a child everybody would tell you, no matter if you are at home, school or just out on the streets. If I tell my neighbor kids to stop throwing rocks in windows I probably will get sued.

If someone tells my kids to be quiet if they are too loud in the subway - you would actually help me out quite a bit. If it's only me telling them to shut up - they probably don't care too much or take the risk. If the whole subway tells them the same thing I do - I guess my words become a lot more meaningful...

The adage It takes a village is no more apropos than in what you posted. My village was small, Orange New Jersey 2.201 mi²

As a child I was raised by the community. I had respect for my elders. If you disrespected a elder you could expect to be disciplined when your parents got wind of the disrespect. Of course those elders deserved to be respected.

Nowadays if you say boo to a child expect the parents of some to go postal without asking why you said boo. It's a different world.

Quote:
I don't blame parents. If I'm walking in a park nowadays and I see children playing, I'm going to stay away from them.

If you see kids playing in a park you have no reason to approach them. Unless you know them or their parents why would you approach them?

Quote:
I don't want to alarm any parents by going over there and trying to be a "village elder" to their kids.

If I were a parent who's kids were playing in a park and a stranger approached them I'd be alarmed.

Quote:
You might clamor for the old days of being raised by a village, until you actually go on the sex offenders registry and see how many sex offenders are actually living in your village.

In today's climate being raised by the village is limited to neighborhoods. I support the sex offenders registry. In small neighborhoods they're mostly identified and watched closely. I'm talking about hide and go seek, kick the can, tag neighborhoods. Are you familiar with neighborhoods of that ilk?

You're on the sex offender kick. I'm thinking you have been or know someone who's be violated. I understand but think that shrinks the playing field.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It's really a shame as that culture is infecting the school system as well. Schoools can't even provide common sense care to a child due to the threat of litigation. I got a call from my daughters school last week that she had fell off the monkey bars and hurt her private parts. My 6 year old daughter told them that she was bleeding but they weren't able to check because it was her private area. Luckily I work close by since when I got there and checked her underwear was soaked with blood from an open wound that was still bleeding. It's asinine that they would let a child sit there bleeding without care because everyone is afraid of getting sued these days.

It's not culture. Something bad happened and the school wanted to protect themselves. It's always a reaction to something bad happening.

Probably some teacher was caught touching a student in the private parts and he came up with an excuse that the student told him that he/she was hurting down there in the private parts so he had to feel down there to see where he/she was hurting at.

So it's a big loophole for pedofiles to explain away why they were touching kids in their private parts. They can always say, oh the kid told me they were hurting down there. So, it's a reaction to that loophole by closing it all off. Just don't touch them down there w/o parents permission, period.

It's like how we used to be able to fly freely until 9/11, now liquids over 4 oz are some kind of big danger and security checkins are now 2hrs long.

No, the school has the obligation to assess to make sure there is no emergency medical situation that needed immediate attention. An actively bleeding site including private part has to be assessed by the school nurse period. If then found out there is no emergency medical situation then and only then the school wait for the parent's consent regarding methods of treatment

But that's not culture then. You painted a picture that they failed to provide "common sense care to a child due to the threat of litigation" but now you're saying they're actually obligated to do something and they failed to do so.

2 different things.

If they were obligated to do what you just said, why didn't you tell them to do exactly that? Why did you have to luckily be close by? Why didn't you tell them they had an obligation to have the nurse check for a medical emergency situation.

And it sounds like what you're describing is not a problem with "culture" but a problem with this school and how they run things. Specifically, the nurse and the school officials.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

longbeachpoly wrote:
I don't blame parents. If I'm walking in a park nowadays and I see children playing, I'm going to stay away from them.

jodeke wrote:
If you see kids playing in a park you have no reason to approach them. Unless you know them or their parents why would you approach them?

longbeachpoly wrote:
I don't want to alarm any parents by going over there and trying to be a "village elder" to their kids.

jodeke wrote:
If I were a parent who's kids were playing in a park and a stranger approached them I'd be alarmed.

But that's not how it used to be. People used to stop and talk to kids all the time. And parents didn't mind. But times have changed.

I'll give you an example. Sometimes, kids just come up to me. They wander off and they come up to you and want to talk to you. I immediately start looking out for their parents. I'm like, where are your parents? Or sometimes, you have some candy, you want to give them some candy. But then you have to think, nah, the parents wouldn't like that. But that's not how it used to be. Parents used to be more trusting. But times have changed. And it's not our fault. Sometimes, the bad apples ruin the entire batch. The bad people ruin it for everyone. They put fear in parents, makes them lose trust in strangers. And it's understandable. It is what it is.

One of my favorite comedians is Bill Burr and he talked about this exact subject and I couldn't agree with him more.

jodeke wrote:
In today's climate being raised by the village is limited to neighborhoods. I support the sex offenders registry. In small neighborhoods they're mostly identified and watched closely. I'm talking about hide and go seek, kick the can, tag neighborhoods. Are you familiar with neighborhoods of that ilk?

So which is it? In your earlier posts, you were clamoring for the days of being raised by a village but nowdays, that can't be done anymore because "Nowadays if you say boo to a child expect the parents of some to go postal without asking why you said boo. It's a different world." However, in this post, you're actually saying that it is possible if it's limited to neighborhoods and if sex offenders are mostly identified and watched closely? I don't get it. What's your position again?

If it's still possible then great. I'm saying things that you can't do today that you used to be able to do - there's a reason why. And it all has to do with safety. People don't hitchhike anymore. People don't let their kids run around the neighborhood as freely anymore. It's not just random change. Alot of bad things were happening to kids that made parents change.
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You would think so but we had a discussion with the principal and she said they are not allowed to check if it's in the private area. If you are part of Ventura county school district and have information that refutes that I'd be interested in seeing it so I can bring it to their attention.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

I don't want the tree to monopolize the page. I eliminated the quotes. (DMR )

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:
So which is it? In your earlier posts, you were clamoring for the days of being raised by a village but nowdays, that can't be done anymore because "Nowadays if you say boo to a child expect the parents of some to go postal without asking why you said boo. It's a different world.

No where did I clamor. Please don't bedizen.

The post reads for it'self. In large neighborhoods parents don't know one another. They protect their children without investigating.

Quote:
However, in this post, you're actually saying that it is possible if it's limited to neighborhoods and if sex offenders are mostly identified and watched closely? I don't get it. What's your position again?

What is there to get? The italicized, underlined speak to the posts intent.

Quote:
If it's still possible then great. I'm saying things that you can't do today that you used to be able to do - there's a reason why. And it all has to do with safety. People don't hitchhike anymore. People don't let their kids run around the neighborhood as freely anymore. It's not just random change.

I understand your reasoning, that's the dark side. Are you familiar with the neighborhoods i mentioned? There are villages in the greater metropolis.

You use a comedian to get your point across! SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You would think so but we had a discussion with the principal and she said they are not allowed to check if it's in the private area. If you are part of Ventura county school district and have information that refutes that I'd be interested in seeing it so I can bring it to their attention.

sorry about the other post - didn't realize it was someone else who responded. No wonder the two posts contradicted each other.

Yeah, that sounds like what you were saying. They have a policy in place. And the reason for that policy is because some pedophiles were touching kids and claiming that the kids were telling them that they hurt down there or felt uncomfortable down there or something.

And it's just too hard for the school to refute those claims so to make it easier - they just came up with a strict no touching policy.

But it does seem that they should allow a nurse to examine a kid - but then with what happened with Doctor Larry Nassar and USA gymastics girls, they don't want to deal with that either.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

This is NYC. It has to be assessed to determine if Emergency Medical need is required

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/docs/default-source/default-document-library/a-701

First Aid
1. When a student is injured or becomes ill and needs immediate medical care, the
principal shall obtain the necessary emergency medical care and notify the parent
(see NYC Health Code § 49.15). First aid in school is limited to addressing the
student’s immediate medical needs.
2. If the condition warrants more emergency care than can be given in the school, 911
must be called
. The principal and the parent/guardian must be notified that 911 has
been contacted. If the parent is not present when the ambulance arrives, the principal
must designate someone to go with the student in the ambulance and remain until the
parent arrives or at least until the end of the school day. If this person must leave the
hospital before the parent arrives, he/she shall contact the principal and arrange with
the hospital administration to place the student in the hospital’s care.
3. In administering first aid, universal precautions and infection-control practices must be
followed to prevent transmission of infectious diseases.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I understand your reasoning, that's the dark side. Are you familiar with the neighborhoods i mentioned? There are villages in the greater metropolis.

You use the words so interchangeably, I'm not really sure. Here are the terms you've used so far:

1) Small village - My village was small, Orange New Jersey 2.201 mi²

2) Community - As a child I was raised by the community.

3) Neighborhoods - In today's climate being raised by the village is limited to neighborhoods.

4) Small neighborhoods - In small neighborhoods they're mostly identified and watched closely. I'm talking about hide and go seek, kick the can, tag neighborhoods. Are you familiar with neighborhoods of that ilk?

5) Villages and neighborhoods in the greater metropolis - Are you familiar with the neighborhoods i mentioned? There are villages in the greater metropolis.

jodeke wrote:

Don't underestimate comedians. It's just a vessel for getting their message across. It doesn't make the message any less valid.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

This is NYC. It has to be assessed to determine if Emergency Medical need is required

First Aid
1. When a student is injured or becomes ill and needs immediate medical care, the
principal shall obtain the necessary emergency medical care and notify the parent
2. If the condition warrants more emergency care than can be given in the school, 911
must be called
been contacted. If the parent is not present when the ambulance arrives, the principal
must designate someone to go with the student in the ambulance and remain until the
parent arrives or at least until the end of the school day. If this person must leave the
hospital before the parent arrives, he/she shall contact the principal and arrange with
3. In administering first aid, universal precautions and infection-control practices must be

1) Why would NYC policy apply to Ventura County?

2) This doesn't really address this situation. In this situation, the student said she was bleeding. But you don't know that blood was showing through the clothes. If they can see blood, maybe they can give themselves permission to look under her clothes. At least, that's what I think happened. I don't think blood was showing because the daughter had to tell them that she was bleeding.

3) But, it was not readily apparent to them that she needed immediate medical care.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I guess I can understand unless you're talking about something specific? I know there was more of a village mentality growing up. Like, you lived in apartment complexes and everyone knew each other and everyone looked after each other's kids. Nowadays, in an apartment complex, more people come and go. People move in and out. You don't really know who's who. Or, you could be talking about a condominium complex or a gated community. And it's the same thing. People buy and sell so often nowadays that you don't have time to build up that trust.

jodeke wrote:

Don't underestimate comedians. It's just a vessel for getting their message across. It doesn't make the message any less valid.

Again, that's the dark side. If you only look at negatives you miss some positives. I try to look at both, weigh the good and the bad. It's not always pretty but it's also not always ugly. It's not the same as when I was a child, nothing stays the same. Adjustments are a necessary part of coping.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Again, that's the dark side. If you only look at negatives you miss some positives. I try to look at both, weigh the good and the bad. It's not always pretty but it's also not always ugly. It's not the same as when I was a child, nothing stays the same. Adjustments are a necessary part of coping.

But we're not talking about you nor I. This whole thing started with a critique on the parents of today.

"If parents would do their jobs, none of this would have happened"

"Well, in my day, kids were raised as a village."

So, it's really not about you nor I. There's a reason why kids aren't raised by a "village" anymore. Now you can go tell all those parents that they shouldn't just look at the negative stuff. Be my guest. I'm just explaining why parenting has changed over the years. It wasn't random changes. Lots of bad things happened in the "village."

It's not like it used to be and there's a reason why it's not like that anymore.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
governator wrote:

First Aid
must be called

1) Why would NYC policy apply to Ventura County?

2) This doesn't really address this situation. In this situation, the student said she was bleeding. But you don't know that blood was showing through the clothes. If they can see blood, maybe they can give themselves permission to look under her clothes. At least, that's what I think happened. I don't think blood was showing because the daughter had to tell them that she was bleeding.

3) But, it was not readily apparent to them that she needed immediate medical care.

I don't live in Ventura county, sorry
Not sure how they can determine the bolded without assessing the injured child

Whether the bleeding was visible or the child told the school staff she/he was bleeding, assessment for possible emergency medical situation had to be done. Only after it can be determined that no emergency medical management needed then they can wait to get parent's permission regarding choice of medical management. What are you arguing here?
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Terrible situation. Teachers need to be allowed to discipline kids. And parents have the responsibility to teach their kids manners. If the kid knows they’re going to get it from their teachers and parents they’ll behave, pretty simple. And explosive situations like this will never happen.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Can we start a go fund me for the teacher?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Whether the bleeding was visible or the child told the school staff she/he was bleeding, assessment for possible emergency medical situation had to be done. Only after it can be determined that no emergency medical management needed then they can wait to get parent's permission regarding choice of medical management. What are you arguing here?

1) You've read that the principal told the parent that there's nothing that they can do about it.

2) You know that this happened in Ventura County. The parent even asked you if you have any info regarding Ventura County law - to pass it on to him.

3) You've provided NYC laws and are trying to argue why NYC laws applies to this situation?

4) The reason why seeing the blood could be relevant is because - they are the ones making an assessment that there's an emergency situation. And I don't know the policy, so I'm just guessing, but I think the policy is to prevent a he said she said situation. They want to prevent pedophiles from touching children and then claiming that the child told them something hurt down there, or they were bleeding down there. So they want something more substantial - something visible. If not, just get parent permission. Because, if you interpret it you way, you can pretty much chalk anything up to trying to determine if emergency medical attention is needed.

Girl falls down, starts to cry. You ask her, do you hurt anywhere else? Girl says no. You ask in a different way - are you sure? You don't feel a little bit hurt? Just something different down there? Girl is not sure, says yes. That right there can give you permission to start undressing her and looking under just to "make sure no emergency medical attention is needed."

5) So what are you trying to argue? That the school was wrong? That NYC law should apply to this situation? I'm not sure what you're trying to argue exactly.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Already did. Last time I saw it on the news, it was at 25k+
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
governator wrote:

1) You've read that the principal told the parent that there's nothing that they can do about it.

2) You know that this happened in Ventura County.

3) You've provided NYC laws and are trying to argue why NYC laws applies to this situation?

4) The reason why seeing the blood could be relevant is because - they are the ones making an assessment that there's an emergency situation. And I don't know the policy, so I'm just guessing, but I think the policy is to prevent a he said she said situation. They want to prevent pedophiles from touching children and then claiming that the child told them something hurt down there, or they were bleeding down there. So they want something more substantial - something visible. If not, just get parent permission. Because, if you interpret it you way, you can pretty much chalk anything up to trying to determine if emergency medical attention is needed.

Girl falls down, starts to cry. You ask her, do you hurt anywhere else? Girl says no. You ask in a different way - are you sure? You don't feel a little bit hurt? Just something different down there? Girl is not sure, says yes. That right there can give you permission to start undressing her and looking under just to "make sure no emergency medical attention is needed."

5) So what are you trying to argue? That the school was wrong? That NYC law should apply to this situation? I'm not sure what you're trying to argue exactly.

YES!!!

the school has the obligation to provide assessment for an injured child (Man, I'm repeating this multiple times). They did not provide an assessment by not looking at the injury. Fear of litigation is not an excuse for not performing the medical assessment
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Community members have raised more than $90,000 for a Los Angeles-area teacher after being captured on video punching a student who had repeatedly called him racial slurs.

A GoFundMe page had raised $90,960 by Tuesday afternoon for Marston Riley, a music teacher at Maywood Academy High School.

Cecilia Diaz Jimenez, a resident of Maywood, started the fundraiser on Saturday with an initial goal of $50,000.

$90K For Teacher
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
YSong wrote:

Already did. Last time I saw it on the news, it was at 25k+

I just saw its up to 90k
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
governator wrote:

YES!!!

the school has the obligation to provide assessment for an injured child (Man, I'm repeating this multiple times). They did not provide an assessment by not looking at the injury. Fear of litigation is not an excuse for not performing the medical assessment

Ok, I'll defer to your expertise then. You should get in touch with the parent and let him know that the school was definitely in the wrong here. Maybe let him know what statute/code it falls under so they can talk to that principal.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
governator wrote:

YES!!!

Ok, I'll defer to your expertise then. You should get in touch with the parent and let him know that the school was definitely in the wrong here. Maybe let him know what statute/code it falls under so they can talk to that principal.

That's why I posted they NYC one, the one that I know because I work up here. He does need to find similar law/statutes covering Ventura County but I imagine it'll be along the same line
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Sad thing is that kid punk will likely get the money in a civil suit and then another chunk when he sues the district
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

That's why I posted they NYC one, the one that I know because I work up here. He does need to find similar law/statutes covering Ventura County but I imagine it'll be along the same line

So, what would be the magic words a child must say to trigger a medical examination?

Is it "hurt" or is it "bleeding"?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You use the words so interchangeably, I'm not really sure. Here are the terms you've used so far:

1) Small village - My village was small, Orange New Jersey 2.201 mi²

2) Community - As a child I was raised by the community.

3) Neighborhoods - In today's climate being raised by the village is limited to neighborhoods.

4) Small neighborhoods - In small neighborhoods they're mostly identified and watched closely. I'm talking about hide and go seek, kick the can, tag neighborhoods. Are you familiar with neighborhoods of that ilk?

5) Villages and neighborhoods in the greater metropolis - Are you familiar with the neighborhoods i mentioned? There are villages in the greater metropolis.

jodeke wrote:

Those terms are interchangeable. The ability to place them in context takes thought. If, and I'm not saying you do, you have blinders on and only look for terms that augment your narrative IMO you're being disingenuous.

I understand your position on the dangers and agree. I think you may be missing my position stances.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: