OFFICIAL TYSON CHANDLER THREAD — (Controlling the Boards, Shoring up the D)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 1009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I met Tyson in the Barneys on 60th in Manhattan back when he was a Knick. Cool dude, very nice to my old lady. Man dug himself some Ann Demeulemeester. Wish I had asked him what he thought of Steve Lavin.

I hope he retires a Laker in 2-3 seasons with another title. I love him.


yeah. I really hope he returns on a vet's minimum and finishes out his storied career as a Laker.


Keeping him and McGee would be great, IMHO


I would rather mix in a big who can guard on the perimeter along with one of them.


Tristan Thompson next year after he and Cleveland agree to a buyout? Id take him on a vet min
_________________
22 44 13 25
52 33 32 42
34 8 24 16
MPLS MIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5181
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Any chance Tyson comes back next year on a minimum deal?
_________________
LAKERS 2018-2019: A NEW HOPE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1142

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

+27 in 28 minutes, man how wrong I was when I said he was washed up...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 29123
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

A long time ago when he was with the Hornets, I used to think Chandler was sort of a bust given that he was drafted #2 overall (behind Kwame of all people) and that the Bulls had traded Elton Brand for him.

But after anchoring the 2011 championship Mavs defense and winning DPOY the next year, I'd say he's actually had a better career than the majority of #2 picks. I wish we had had him next to Pau instead of Bynum/Dwight. He would have been the perfect fit.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 11432

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
A long time ago when he was with the Hornets, I used to think Chandler was sort of a bust given that he was drafted #2 overall (behind Kwame of all people) and that the Bulls had traded Elton Brand for him.

But after anchoring the 2011 championship Mavs defense and winning DPOY the next year, I'd say he's actually had a better career than the majority of #2 picks. I wish we had had him next to Pau instead of Bynum/Dwight. He would have been the perfect fit.


This is the role Kobe wanted Dwight to play that caused the media to all pile on Kobe once again, as if he disrespected some great legend. I'd take Tyson all day over Dwight. The guy is just a winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 2720

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Any chance Tyson comes back next year on a minimum deal?


Unless he retires. Gotta think he wouldn’t want to leave LA after the type of seasons hopes having. He also must know there won’t be much more than vet minimum type deals available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 1009

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
A long time ago when he was with the Hornets, I used to think Chandler was sort of a bust given that he was drafted #2 overall (behind Kwame of all people) and that the Bulls had traded Elton Brand for him.

But after anchoring the 2011 championship Mavs defense and winning DPOY the next year, I'd say he's actually had a better career than the majority of #2 picks. I wish we had had him next to Pau instead of Bynum/Dwight. He would have been the perfect fit.


This is the role Kobe wanted Dwight to play that caused the media to all pile on Kobe once again, as if he disrespected some great legend. I'd take Tyson all day over Dwight. The guy is just a winner.


before the season i heard a lot of predictions about Dwight winning MVP on 25/12/3 and leading the team. i think the talk about how great he is got to him, so he didnt want to accept no such "minor" role as was playing defense, setting screens for Nash/Kobe and catching lobs, and everyone was saying how great a fit he is for MDA and Nash too lol. he wanted the offense to run through him as was with the Magic, he wanted to be the next Shaq, but wasnt nearly on that level to warrant it. a shame we wasted the Bynum trade on him, when he was talked about as the 2nd best center in NBA. that and the CP3 veto set us back for years
_________________
22 44 13 25
52 33 32 42
34 8 24 16
MPLS MIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 28341

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
+27 in 28 minutes, man how wrong I was when I said he was washed up...


I too was in the wrong.
He's been great.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 15084
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
+27 in 28 minutes, man how wrong I was when I said he was washed up...


What a great pickup he was for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 8458

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

loved his defense on iso LMA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 834

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I cant sing TCs praises enough. Him and Mcgee give us a rigid backbone.
He just knows how to play ball.
Those screens on and off the ball propel the offense.
Another very very good outing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LKA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2018
Posts: 3822
Location: Sin City

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Should be a lot more celebrating in this thread. Tyson does all the things that doesnt appeal to fans but is key to winning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 5738

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I really want to keep both McGee and Chandler on the vet. minimum deals for next year. :|
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 5571

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Should be a lot more celebrating in this thread. Tyson does all the things that doesnt appeal to fans but is key to winning

He played brilliantly tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3086

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Any chance Tyson comes back next year on a minimum deal?


Unless he retires. Gotta think he wouldn’t want to leave LA after the type of seasons hopes having. He also must know there won’t be much more than vet minimum type deals available.

My personal opinion is that he will get more than vet min offers. He has shown that he is a more than capable backup C. The contract offers may be only a year--possibly two--but his play on the Lakers has shown that he still can play given the right circumstances. I hope the Lakers can find a way to keep both him and McGee.
_________________
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. --Mark Twain

Scientists say that the universe is full of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.--Unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 14868

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

wish we drafted mitchell robinson so he could be learning from TC right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20462

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
wish we drafted mitchell robinson so he could be learning from TC right now


TC probably wouldn’t be here if we drafted MR.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 2884

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

Arbitrary wrote:
I really want to keep both McGee and Chandler on the vet. minimum deals for next year. :|

My spider sense tells me there’s zero chance McGee signs another veteran minimum deal.

Chandler, yes. McGee, nope.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 42518

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

I had to bump this thread.

How great has this guy been for us? Talk about a perfect in season pickup, love how hard he plays and his team attitude.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 18315

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

Really showed his age against the starters. Hopefully McGee returns soon and he can return back to his bench role.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 14928

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Really showed his age against the starters. Hopefully McGee returns soon and he can return back to his bench role.

Yeah he's definitely lost a step. It's not as much of a problem against bench players but it was apparent yesterday. It's actually more obvious on offense than defense.

Still a great backup center though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 3954

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

“I’m just trying to do whatever I can out there, you know?” Chandler told Silver Screen and Roll. “I want to get my guy going downhill, so whatever I can do to get my guy the advantage, that’s what I try to do.”

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/12/22/18152868/lakers-tyson-chandler-screening-screens-rajon-rondo-kevin-garnett-kyle-kuzma-stats-quotes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 12199

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Really showed his age against the starters. Hopefully McGee returns soon and he can return back to his bench role.


He’s been under the weather as well
_________________
My Dream Starting 5 next Season

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2018
Posts: 680

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

You could tell he wasn't feeling it just by that clip going around with Kuz throwing out a hand to be picked up and Tyson refusing.

I think the whole team is struggling with the flu right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 132096
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
You could tell he wasn't feeling it just by that clip going around with Kuz throwing out a hand to be picked up and Tyson refusing.

I think the whole team is struggling with the flu right now.


Yes, which makes last night’s win more impressive.
_________________
All gave some,
Some gave all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB