James ‘Whitey’ Bulger, Boston Mob Kingpin, Found Dead In Federal Prison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

[quote="LongBeachPoly"]
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
We can't allow the way Bulger lived his life dictate how we live ours. Two wrongs don't make a right. What some think he deserved shouldn't be the determining factor on what he should receive.

Thinking that he "deserved" his fate had no bearing on his actual fate though.

I know. That was the failing of our penal system.

My opinions are mostly not based on Bulger....he is just the variable in this story. This is not the first or last time this will take place, and that is the real problem. It goes well beyond despicable murderers also.....to many bad things happen to people that simply made one or several really bad decisions in life...people that will be released one day and have parents, children, siblings, etc. that love and care for them. I am not suggesting prison should be a place of tranquil peace....or anything close to it.....but fear of murder and rape on a daily basis is not acceptable for a human that is unable to escape the environment. Our prison system and those employed in them have too often not been held accountable to simple professional standards.

One of many similar stories.....the FBI and DOJ raided a Florida Women's Correctional Center this summer, and the entire facility is still under federal investigation. The stories that have came out of that place would cause any decent human extreme anger. It appears it was basic knowledge if an inmate wanted basic things like a toothbrush or soap (all supposed to be provided free of charge)....the cost was oral *** for a guard. Want anything more than something basic? Your imagination can probably figure out where that ends. Do not comply or do without? Well you may end up in cell with inmates that will earn their toothbrush by making you comply! The scary thing is there have been reports of this to the state and federal government going back decades about this facility, and nothing was ever done until this summer. How would you feel if your wife, daughter or niece.....or hell, even the young girl that works at the gas station screwed up and was sentenced to such a facility?

The prison system in the US needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

That's just corruption though. There's corruption in the private sector. There's corruption at every level. There's corruption in the police department.

How do you fight corruption without having to rebuild an entire system from the ground up? That's not realistic nor practical.

That's a given. Lets stay on point. We're debating the right or wrong of Whitey Bulgers fate. Including every level is not the point.

Ok. I'm lost then.

One person says:
Quote:
My opinions are mostly not based on Bulger

Whereas another person says:
Quote:
Lets stay on point. We're debating the right or wrong of Whitey Bulgers fate.

Personally, I thought the discussion was a dynamic one and it just flows. I didn't know there was this rigid structure.

Quoting partials dilutes the intent of the whole.

Quote:
My opinions are mostly not based on Bulger....he is just the variable in this story. This is not the first or last time this will take place, and that is the real problem./quote]

ok. I don't get it.

If he says it's not based on Bulger, it's based on the real problem which is the entire penal system

And you say - stay on point, we're talking about Bulger.

Then I don't get it. What is it that you're pointing out?

You want him to stay on point or you want me to stay on point?

He's on point. Read his entire post, not just the beginning. I get the impression adkindo is talking about how and the circumstances surrounding Bulger's death.
Quote:

One of many similar stories.....the FBI and DOJ raided a Florida Women's Correctional Center this summer, and the entire facility is still under federal investigation. The stories that have came out of that place would cause any decent human extreme anger. It appears it was basic knowledge if an inmate wanted basic things like a toothbrush or soap (all supposed to be provided free of charge)....the cost was oral *** for a guard.

In that sense I see your point about overhauling the entire system.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
We can't allow the way Bulger lived his life dictate how we live ours. Two wrongs don't make a right. What some think he deserved shouldn't be the determining factor on what he should receive.

My opinions are mostly not based on Bulger....he is just the variable in this story. This is not the first or last time this will take place, and that is the real problem. It goes well beyond despicable murderers also.....to many bad things happen to people that simply made one or several really bad decisions in life...people that will be released one day and have parents, children, siblings, etc. that love and care for them. I am not suggesting prison should be a place of tranquil peace....or anything close to it.....but fear of murder and rape on a daily basis is not acceptable for a human that is unable to escape the environment. Our prison system and those employed in them have too often not been held accountable to simple professional standards.

One of many similar stories.....the FBI and DOJ raided a Florida Women's Correctional Center this summer, and the entire facility is still under federal investigation. The stories that have came out of that place would cause any decent human extreme anger. It appears it was basic knowledge if an inmate wanted basic things like a toothbrush or soap (all supposed to be provided free of charge)....the cost was oral *** for a guard. Want anything more than something basic? Your imagination can probably figure out where that ends. Do not comply or do without? Well you may end up in cell with inmates that will earn their toothbrush by making you comply! The scary thing is there have been reports of this to the state and federal government going back decades about this facility, and nothing was ever done until this summer. How would you feel if your wife, daughter or niece.....or hell, even the young girl that works at the gas station screwed up and was sentenced to such a facility?

That's just corruption though. There's corruption in the private sector. There's corruption at every level. There's corruption in the police department.

How do you fight corruption without having to rebuild an entire system from the ground up? That's not realistic nor practical.

That's a given. Lets stay on point. We're debating the right or wrong of Whitey Bulgers fate. Including every level is not the point.

Ok. I'm lost then.

One person says:
Quote:

Quote:

Personally, I thought the discussion was a dynamic one and it just flows. I didn't know there was this rigid structure.

Quote:
My opinions are mostly not based on Bulger....he is just the variable in this story. This is not the first or last time this will take place, and that is the real problem./quote]

ok. I don't get it.

If he says it's not based on Bulger, it's based on the real problem which is the entire penal system

He's on point. Read his entire post, not just the beginning. I get the impression adkindo is talking about how and the circumstances surrounding Bulger death.

ok, I give up then. So I guess you needed me to stay on point then. Because even though he starts with "My opinions are mostly not based on Bulger" and ends with "the prison system in the US needs to be rebuilt from the ground up" you still interpreted it as being about Bulger.

ok. You got me bro.

I apologize for getting off point there. Don't know what I was thinking. It won't happen again.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ok. I'm lost then.

One person says:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok. I don't get it.

He's on point. Read his entire post, not just the beginning. I get the impression adkindo is talking about how and the circumstances surrounding Bulger death.

ok, I give up then. So I guess you needed me to stay on point then. Because even though he starts with "My opinions are mostly not based on Bulger" and ends with "the prison system in the US needs to be rebuilt from the ground up" you still interpreted it as being about Bulger.

ok. You got me bro.

I apologize for getting off point there. Don't know what I was thinking. It won't happen again.

The apology is mine. Read my last post. I'm not a Internet Warrior bent on winning debates. Being right is not my intention. I see your point. I narrowed the goal posts.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ok. I'm lost then.

One person says:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok. I don't get it.

ok. You got me bro.

The apology is mine. Read my last post. I'm not a Internet Warrior bent on winning debates. Being right is not my intention. I see your point. I narrowed the goal posts.

ok. cool. I thought you were busting my chops for no reason
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ok. I'm lost then.

One person says:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok. I don't get it.

ok. You got me bro.

ok. cool. I thought you were busting my chops for no reason

I'm of this school

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ok. I'm lost then.

One person says:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ok. I don't get it.

He's on point. Read his entire post, not just the beginning. I get the impression adkindo is talking about how and the circumstances surrounding Bulger's death.
Quote:

One of many similar stories.....the FBI and DOJ raided a Florida Women's Correctional Center this summer, and the entire facility is still under federal investigation. The stories that have came out of that place would cause any decent human extreme anger. It appears it was basic knowledge if an inmate wanted basic things like a toothbrush or soap (all supposed to be provided free of charge)....the cost was oral *** for a guard.

In that sense I see your point about overhauling the entire system.

Holy crap that's a migraine waiting g to happen
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I eliminated the quote tree. It was dominating the page.

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Quote:
Holy crap that's a migraine waiting g to happen

Already acknowledged.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Man, did this thread get totally derailed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Man, did this thread get totally derailed.

You could say it got wheeled into a corner and beaten to death with a lock in a sock.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

We now know how mob boss and FBI informant James "Whitey" Bulger died, and it was just as violent as the life he lived. Bulger, 89, was beaten beyond recognition at a West Virginia prison by multiple attackers. They also tried to cut his tongue out, a law enforcement official said. That vicious punishment is popular in the organized crime world for people who cooperate with law enforcement; one of two suspects in the brutal beating is a Mafia hit man.

—————————————————————————————-

Bludgeoned to death with a padlock in a sock, his eyes nearly gouged out of their sockets and his tongue mutilated.

——————————————————————————————-

But he was not safe behind bars. He was killed just one day after being transferred from a jail in Florida to the Hazelton high-security penitentiary in West Virginia.

A prison source revealed that the wheelchair-bound godfather was killed at 6am on Tuesday, after four other inmates were seen on CCTV going into his cell.

The lags, thought to have Mafia ties, are believed to have gouged at his eyes and tried to cut out his tongue in adherence to a time-honoured Mob punishment saved for witnesses who give information to cops.

One prime suspect in the slaughter is Mafia hitman Fotios “Freddy” Geas, 51, who was locked up at Hazelton and allegedly changed out of blood-stained clothes after the killing.

While never officially inducted into the Mafia “family” because he was of Greek rather than Italian heritage, he was a feared enforcer for the Mob and is said to “hate rats”.

And Bulger was a rat — handing over information on Italian Mafia activity in Boston for years to rogue FBI agent John J Connolly, who he had grown up with.

In return, Connolly let Bulger know about working investigations affecting his Irish crew, while Bulger and close associate Steve “The Rifleman” Flemmi carried on killing and dodged prosecution.

After he retired from the FBI, Connolly tipped off Bulger about a coming indictment, sending the mobster — suspected of being involved in up to 21 murders — on the run in 1995. He did it in style, globe-trotting like a well-heeled retiree, visiting Canada, New Zealand, Thailand, Brazil, Europe and Britain.

————————————————

Frail Bulger was moved from prison in Florida to the high-security West Virginia jail, near the Maryland border, on Monday, and was believed to be gravely ill.

Evidently, enemies were waiting for him.

Bulger was first reported Tuesday afternoon to have been killed in a common area, but TMZ said his suspected attackers went after him while he was sitting alone in his private cell at around 6 a.m. Tuesday.

Surveillance cameras caught the men entering the room, but not the attack.

The suspects were then seen exiting Bulger's cell with blood on their clothes. They then went back to their cells, changed into clean clothes, and returned to Bulger's cell with a mop and bucket to clean up the room.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

Not a good feeling knowing that the mafia has control of our penal system. The higher ups in both prisons need to be investigated.

I remember reading how el Chapo got transferred to a minimum security prison by finding out the warden had hidden assets in overseas accounts. He eventually escaped from that min security facility.

This kind of thing shouldn't be happening in America. I don't care that Whitey was a ruthless murderer. It's not even about that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

Quote:
Not a good feeling knowing that the mafia has control of our penal system. The higher ups in both prisons need to be investigated.

Violence plagued West Virginia prison before Bulger killing

LINK

Quote:
The 89-year-old Bulger, who benefited from a corrupt relationship with the FBI before spending 16 years as one of America's most wanted men, was found unresponsive Tuesday morning, just hours after he arrived at USP Hazelton. He was declared dead shortly afterward. Authorities have not released a cause of death, but prosecutors said it was being investigated as a homicide. A Mafia hit man, Fotios "Freddy" Geas, who is said to hate "rats," and at least one other inmate are believed to have been involved in Bulger's killing, an ex-investigator briefed on the case said Wednesday. The longtime investigator was not authorized to discuss the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity.

pillboxer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Some people just deserve killing and he was one of them. Turn the page.

That’s not justice. That’s whitey Bulger thinking.

It's not justice. It's karma.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Quote:

LINK

Quote:
The 89-year-old Bulger, who benefited from a corrupt relationship with the FBI before spending 16 years as one of America's most wanted men, was found unresponsive Tuesday morning, just hours after he arrived at USP Hazelton. He was declared dead shortly afterward. Authorities have not released a cause of death, but prosecutors said it was being investigated as a homicide. A Mafia hit man, Fotios "Freddy" Geas, who is said to hate "rats," and at least one other inmate are believed to have been involved in Bulger's killing, an ex-investigator briefed on the case said Wednesday. The longtime investigator was not authorized to discuss the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Yeah I understand that some wiseguys ultimately murdered him. I was talking about the transfer between prisons that led to the murder. It all seems like a setup. He was in a prison known for keeping prisoners who are seen as easy targets safe, and moved him to a new prison in the general population, where he didn't even last a day. The transfer itself is suspicious imo.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Quote:

LINK

Quote:

Yeah I understand that some wiseguys ultimately murdered him. I was talking about the transfer between prisons that led to the murder. It all seems like a setup. He was in a prison known for keeping prisoners who are seen as easy targets safe, and moved him to a new prison in the general population, where he didn't even last a day. The transfer itself is suspicious imo.

I agree, it was a setup. He supposedly was being moved for medical purposes. He never should have been in the general population. Those who say his being in general population was a mishap are delusional. It was on purpose.

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know how many deaths he is said to be responsible for?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

At least a dozen more than his own.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

I think it could be north of twenty.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: