Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are getting a slimmed down makeover

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are getting a slimmed down makeover

I don't mind this except for the fact it will be less product but same cost.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/reeses-peanut-butter-cups-are-getting-a-slimmed-down-makeover-%E2%80%94-and-fans-arent-happy/ar-BBP4Dxg?li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are getting a slimmed-down makeover — and fans aren't happy

However, the latest soon-to-be released chocolaty treat is already rubbing candy lovers the wrong way.

The peanut butter cup is famous for its sweet and salty flavor profile, with the tagline "there's no wrong way to eat a Reese's." But, according to a lot of people there is a wrong way to eat a Reese's ... and that's if it's really thin.

On Oct. 25, during a quarterly earnings call, Hershey announced to investors that the company will debut a new product in March 2019: Reese's Thins. The new cups will be 40 percent thinner than regular cups and come in both milk and dark chocolate. The goal is to appeal to people who want to enjoy their favorite sweet with a little "more permissibility," the president of Hershey North America, Michele Buck, said on the call.

Reese's just announced an outrageous new candy bar
© Reese's Reese's just announced an outrageous new candy bar
Typically, Reese's enthusiasts are excited about any new product with their favorite nutty flavor combo. The Reese's Outrageous bar, which hit shelves in May, has creamy peanut butter, surrounded by caramel and crunchy Reese's Pieces candy, was a highly anticipated item.

And when Reese's Pieces-filled peanut butter cups first made waves, people were to eager to get their hands on the hotly anticipated item.

Some feel the news is so terrible it might prompt an apocalypse.

woolyknickers

@woolyknickers
I’m just going to sit here eating my fat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and waiting for the world to end https://www.businessinsider.com/hershey-to-debut-reeses-thins-2018-10

2:41 PM - Oct 26, 2018

Hershey is trying to boost sales by selling Reese's Cups that are 40% thinner than the classics
Hershey is going to start selling a Reese's Cup that is 40% thinner than the original in March 2019.

businessinsider.com
See woolyknickers's other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Others are screaming to the sky for mercy (and maybe a full-sized peanut butter cup).

Dennis Green

@DennisVerde
· Oct 26, 2018
and here I thought the news couldn't get any worsehttps://www.businessinsider.com/hershey-to-debut-reeses-thins-2018-10 …

Hershey is trying to boost sales by selling Reese's Cups that are 40% thinner than the classics
Hershey is going to start selling a Reese's Cup that is 40% thinner than the original in March 2019.

businessinsider.com

Mike Metzler
@MTZLER
*Yells into clouds*

“2019 was supposed to be better!!”

2:32 PM - Oct 26, 2018
See Mike Metzler's other Tweets
"No one asked for this," one person wrote.

Maggie GOULroy 👻
@MaggieGilroy
No one asked for this. http://www.businessinsider.com/hershey-to-debut-reeses-thins-2018-10

8:44 PM - Oct 26, 2018 · Binghamton, NY

businessinsider.com
See Maggie GOULroy 👻's other Tweets
So, here's a word of advice to the Reese's fans devout enough to name their kids after the candy: change can be hard, but you'll make it through.

If come spring, you're caught in a candy apocalypse of skinnier cups in the chocolate aisle, just take a deep breath and go in for the original. Or maybe (just maybe!) a thinner cup will still pack as much of a peanut butter-y punch as the original.

It's not like the new Reese's Peanut Butter Cup will be missing its peanut butter. Now that would really be something to complain about.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
On Oct. 25, during a quarterly earnings call, Hershey announced to investors that the company will debut a new product in March 2019: Reese's Thins. The new cups will be 40 percent thinner than regular cups and come in both milk and dark chocolate. The goal is to appeal to people who want to enjoy their favorite sweet with a little "more permissibility," the president of Hershey North America, Michele Buck, said on the call.

Is this a new addition to the Reese's product line or a makeover of the classic peanut butter cups?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

^Sounds like it is a new addition to the product line, the regular ones will still be available according to this article [LINK 🍫]. Thought they'd be pulling a New Coke -> Classic Coke marketing gimmick.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

They should just call the original Diabetes, and this one Type Two.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

I stopped buying Reese's. I couldn't eat just 1 I'd finish a bag in a day. That's to much sugar.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I stopped buy Reese's. I couldn't eat just 1 I'd finish a bag in a day. That's to much sugar.

Sounds like the single serving boxes of Girl Scout cookies.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

I never understood why people like these. They taste salty.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I never understood why people like these. They taste salty.

What do you like?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: