2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

He should improve his performance simply because he will be pitching in the NL at Dodger Stadium instead of at Fenway in the AL. But $25 million is so much money for a guy that is not even good.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
srm90 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
srm90 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
If the Dbags are selling, any chance we can bring Greinke back?

I think as long as Puig is on the team, Greinke has no interest in playing here again.

What happened between the two?

It's just speculation on my part but there were reports that Greinke had grown to despise Puig during his time here. I wouldn't be able to link/cite any sources on that though.

It was from "The Best Team Money Can Buy".

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/13/8929067/what-the-best-team-money-can-buy-reveals-about-baseball-chemistry

There's an article out that Puig is unhappy with his playing time and wants out. Maybe Greinke will come here then.

Buehler
Kershaw
Greinke
Ryu

That's a solid 1-4.

I’ve always missed Greinke since he left. Lol at that contract he got though. Can’t really blame him for leaving if someone was going to massively overpay him like that. He had his best year as a Dodger in a contract year and Arizona never got THAT type of performance from him.

Last edited by Steve007 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Nevermind that the Red Sox pitcher who probably would've helped our pitching rotation was Nathan Eovaldi.....
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject:

Not only is Joe Kelly really really good..he's def capable of being the best reliever in the game. You heard it here first. Great signing by the Dodgers.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

I like the joe Kelly signing as well. They guy is fiesta and has really good stuff, also still in his prime age-wise.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Not only is Joe Kelly really really good..he's def capable of being the best reliever in the game. You heard it here first. Great signing by the Dodgers.

How is a lifetime ERA+ of 106, really good. I'd say he is really average--at best, he is really on the high side of average. Now he has had two really good seasons, out of seven, so he can be really good. It's just that the odds are against him.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Snipes wrote:

How is a lifetime ERA+ of 106, really good. I'd say he is really average--at best, he is really on the high side of average. Now he has had two really good seasons, out of seven, so he can be really good. It's just that the odds are against him.

He's a totally different pitcher from when he first came into the league. He will excel playing for the Dodgers. Could be wrong.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Snipes wrote:

He's a totally different pitcher from when he first came into the league. He will excel playing for the Dodgers. Could be wrong.

I would agree with you. I think he has closer material.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Snipes wrote:

I'm not sure about that. Last year, he had an ERA+ of 100, EXACTLY average. Now, I do see that his opponent's away batting OPS+ was 121 (with 100 being average), while, home, was 72, but his away (that excludes Fenway) ERA was 4.91 (no ERA+ splits), with a WHIP of 1.473. I'm still a long way from being exited
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

In typical Dodger fashion, I expect the best Kelly we will ever see is the one that pitched against us this past WS.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Last season was not one of his better seasons though.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Last season was not one of his better seasons though.

If he's not walking people and staying ahead in counts, he's lethal. That's what happened in the postseason, and he was even able to throw his slider for strikes. But he's had control problems for much of his career.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Xmas gift to the LA fans of both Harper and Anthony "Unibrow" Davis. Good times ahead in 2019.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

Interesting:

Quote:
Keibert Ruiz, C, Dodgers' No. 2

As MLB Pipeline's No. 39 overall prospect, Ruiz is perhaps the most notable name on this list. He proved to be a highly advanced hitter as a 19-year-old in Double-A last season, slashing .268/.328/.401 with 12 homers over 101 games. Hitting from a pronounced crouch, Ruiz is adept at using his lower half and quick bat to drive the baseball, and nearly half (49 percent, to be exact) of his contact was either a line drive or fly ball in 2018. Of course, that means Ruiz also had a high ground-ball rate (44.7 percent). However, given his present strengths as a hitter at such a young age, along with fact that he makes a lot of contact, there's reason to believe Ruiz will be an even more impactful hitter, hitting for both average and power, as he learns to elevate the ball more consistently.

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/stats-say-these-prospects-will-improve-in-2019/c-301972294
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Xmas gift to the LA fans of both Harper and Anthony "Unibrow" Davis. Good times ahead in 2019.

if this happens i will celebrate Feastivus as well.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi
Sources: #Indians trade talks involving Corey Kluber have continued this week. The Cleveland front office is very thorough. #Dodgers, #Brewers, #Phillies, #Reds among the teams that have shown interest. @MLB @MLBNetwork

I really hope the Dodgers get this done.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Interesting:

Quote:
Keibert Ruiz, C, Dodgers' No. 2

As MLB Pipeline's No. 39 overall prospect, Ruiz is perhaps the most notable name on this list. He proved to be a highly advanced hitter as a 19-year-old in Double-A last season, slashing .268/.328/.401 with 12 homers over 101 games. Hitting from a pronounced crouch, Ruiz is adept at using his lower half and quick bat to drive the baseball, and nearly half (49 percent, to be exact) of his contact was either a line drive or fly ball in 2018. Of course, that means Ruiz also had a high ground-ball rate (44.7 percent). However, given his present strengths as a hitter at such a young age, along with fact that he makes a lot of contact, there's reason to believe Ruiz will be an even more impactful hitter, hitting for both average and power, as he learns to elevate the ball more consistently.

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/stats-say-these-prospects-will-improve-in-2019/c-301972294

Could be Carlos Santana at least we won’t dump him for Casey Blake this time!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject:

My Red Sox fan buddy proposes this trade. David Price and Jackie Bradley Jr. for Yasiel Puig and Kenley Janson. Would you do it? Yeah it's a slow off season.

BTW I would rather take a chance on AJ Pollock on a bargain deal than breaking the bank on Bryce Harper.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
My Red Sox fan buddy proposes this trade. David Price and Jackie Bradley Jr. for Yasiel Puig and Kenley Janson. Would you do it? Yeah it's a slow off season.

BTW I would rather take a chance on AJ Pollock on a bargain deal than breaking the bank on Bryce Harper.

Ewww no to that proposal from the Sox. As for Pollock, yeah he's more consistent version of Joç but he's old, 32 and injury riddled in recent seasons. If no branking the bank for Harper and we can dump some surplus OF'ers than why not if the money and years is fair.

Cardinals are now the most talented team in the NL, hope we don't get shut out with merely Joe Kelly as our only "prize".
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject:

^
That's why I said I wasn't happy that Goldschmidt was traded to St. Louis. Many Dodger fans were happy that he left the division. Not I, because Arizona was always looking to rebuild this offseason and wouldn't be a threat. Now the Cards have Goldy and now, apparently, Andrew Miller. If he rebounds, yeah, they got a lot better.

ribeye, I couldn't help but to facetiously think to myself that the Dodgers will probably get rid of Ruiz because he makes too much contact.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^

ribeye, I couldn't help but to facetiously think to myself that the Dodgers will probably get rid of Ruiz because he makes too much contact.

Or they will "correct" the "flaw".
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Puig traded with Kemp and Wood to Reds.
Get back Homer (i believe they will DFA him) and 2 other nobodies.

Hello Harper soon?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Seems like a money move. I guess they are going after a big name free agent.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Trading Puig, Kemp, and Wood sure makes it sound like we are going all in Bryce Harper.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Puig traded with Kemp and Wood to Reds.
Get back Homer (i believe they will DFA him) and 2 other nobodies.

Hello Harper soon?

Somebody needs to explain this trade to me. I get the salary dumping here--though it seems more like mostly a salary swap--but are you telling me, this is all they could for Puig and Wood?

Last edited by ribeye on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 22 of 248
Jump to: