Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I mentioned Konerko's relatively underwhelming career WAR earlier, considering how long he played and considering how many HR's he hit. Here's something kind of eye-opening: the LA Dodgers' all-time HR leader, Eric Karros, put up a grand total of 10.4 WAR in a 14-year career!

I’m actually not that surprised after seeing the numbers for Konerko. Karros killed a lot of big opportunities by striking out a lot and hitting into a lot of double plays. I had mixed feelings about seeing him up with runners on. Except in 1995 and 1999 (his best years by far).

Looking back on it, maybe Mondesi should have been hitting cleanup instead. Or Mike Piazza. The lineup was almost always Piazza-Karros-Mondesi as the number 3, 4 and 5 hitters if I remember correctly. Karros led the league in hitting into double plays in 1996 with 27. Mondesi hit into 6 double plays that year. The difference was never that wide in other years though and Karros cut down on that number dramatically in the next couple of years.

Karros could be counted on to kill the ball when it didn’t matter...but man when the game was on the line I remember so many of those strike outs and double plays. Not clutch at all.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

^Yeah when Piazza was up you knew he was a serious threat. But if he didn’t do anything and Karros came up, I usually didn’t feel confident in him. I still had hope because Karros had power, but in most years he usually disappointed me in big moments.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Some interesting info from Dave Roberts after the game. He said that neither Rich Hill nor Ross Stripling will have enough time before the end of the regular season to build back up to be a starting pitcher. So, we can count out Hill as a potential Game 4 starter in the postseason. That would seem to leave Maeda (yuck), May, Urias, or Gonsolin. I'm pretty sure they will use Maeda as a situational righty to get a right-handed hitter or two out in the postseason out of the 'pen. So that leaves the three kids. I'm guessing they all make the postseason roster, but you never know. So much uncertainty right now, though all 3 of those kids have great stuff and could be the key to our entire postseason, for all we know.

And maybe Rich Hill gets some big outs out of the bullpen, too.

They can’t use Hill to start the game for 2 or 3 innings and also use him in other games? Or perhaps the young guys could start and go a couple innings.

Lol can Hill be the closer instead of Jansen? I wonder how that would go. But I don’t think they should do that.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Yordan Alvarez hit 3 hr today.

17hr
51 rbi
45 games

This trade is becoming Pedro Martinez-esque.

This might be our worse trade since Pedro.

Uggh... why did you have to remind me of 2 trades I didn't like? The Pedro Martinez trade I absolutely despised at the time because I felt he was the best pitcher on the squad (Lasorda's stupid mistake of underestimating him because of his size). The Yordan Alvarez trade I didn't like at all because of his potential, especially for Fields who wasn't doing much at the time.

I thought the Konerko for Jeff Shaw trade was kind of poopoo as well in retrospect.

It was absolute garbage since at that time, the Dodgers traded their top position and pitching prospects for a freakin' reliever that was a first time All-Star at the time of the trade. Not only that, because Tommy Lasorda was acting GM and didn't even know the rules, the moron didn't even know that he could ask for a trade at the conclusion of the season, so they gave him even more money so that the trade didn't look even worse than it was.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Some interesting info from Dave Roberts after the game. He said that neither Rich Hill nor Ross Stripling will have enough time before the end of the regular season to build back up to be a starting pitcher. So, we can count out Hill as a potential Game 4 starter in the postseason. That would seem to leave Maeda (yuck), May, Urias, or Gonsolin. I'm pretty sure they will use Maeda as a situational righty to get a right-handed hitter or two out in the postseason out of the 'pen. So that leaves the three kids. I'm guessing they all make the postseason roster, but you never know. So much uncertainty right now, though all 3 of those kids have great stuff and could be the key to our entire postseason, for all we know.

There's going to be some pretty tough cuts to get May and Gonsolin onto the postseason roster. I'm going to assume we go with 13 position players and 12 pitchers.

Locks (Position Players):
1) Russell Martin
2) Will Smith
3) Max Muncy
4) Corey Seager
5) Justin Turner
6) Cody Bellinger
7) Joc Pederson
8) AJ Pollock
9) David Freese
10) Alex Verdugo

(Position Players) 3 of the following:
Matt Beaty
Enrique Hernandez
Chris Taylor
Jedd Gyorko
Kristopher Negron
Tyler White
Edwin Rios
Gavin Lux

Locks (Pitchers)
1) Pedro Baez
2) Walker Buehler
3) Kenley Jansen
5) Joe Kelley
6) Clayton Kershaw
7) Kenta Maeda
8) Hyun-Jin Ryu
9) Julio Urias

(Pitchers) 3 from the following:
Yimi Garcia
Caleb Ferguson
Tony Gonsolin
Rich Hill
Adam Kolarek
Dustin May
Casey Sadler
Ross Stripling
Scott Alexander

Assuming it is indeed a 13/12 split, here's how I see it:

I agree with your 10 position player locks, assuming that Freese is healthy. Tyler White is probably very close to getting DFA'd and I don't consider him a realistic option. My guess is that 2 of the 3 of Taylor/Kike/Negron make it, but not all three; all 3 guys can seamlessly move from the infield and outfield, and both of Taylor and Kike can handle SS. Of course, it's always possible that both Taylor and Kike don't get healthy enough, in which case Negron would make it and then you'd still have room for two more guys. But if two of the three make it, that leaves one spot left if they go with 13 position players. As it stands right now, I would think that Beaty would have the inside track, as another guy that can play the corner outfield positions and an infield spot (first base), and as a lefty bat off the bench. Gyorko would probably need both a hot streak and an injury to a projected member of the postseason roster to have a shot. I don't consider Edwin Rios to be a realistic choice unless he got scalding hot somehow. And Lux could be a wildcard, though at the moment he has to be considered unlikely.

As for the pitchers, you missed #4 on your list of 9 locks, so while I agree with the 8 I see that you listed, I would actually add Ross Stripling to that list if he's healthy, and ditto Rich Hill. Again, if healthy, and those are major question marks. Hill has been so clutch for us that I think, if he gets back and looks decent in relief, that Roberts will want him as an option. And he believes in Stripling's ability to pitch multiple innings and to get both righties and lefties out. (Hill also gets both righties and lefties out, at least, he has as a starter.) So that might only leave 2 spots, though I'm well aware that it's no guarantee that one or both of Hill and Stripling get healthy and look good before the end of the season, particularly Hill. May has to have a real shot, and ditto Gonsolin if both are throwing well; no one else has that type of stuff on the roster, potentially, not to mention that either guy could be a consideration to start a Game 4. Sadler's work certainly merits consideration, if he keeps it up once he gets called back up. I would think that Alexander is extremely unlikely, and it's probably the same for Garcia and Ferguson and certainly for Chargois. Kolarek could be interesting, though, if they want a pure LOOGY. Basically, to be a more effective Alexander for the postseason, though I'm not sold on Kolarek.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

17hr
51 rbi
45 games

Uggh... why did you have to remind me of 2 trades I didn't like? The Pedro Martinez trade I absolutely despised at the time because I felt he was the best pitcher on the squad (Lasorda's stupid mistake of underestimating him because of his size). The Yordan Alvarez trade I didn't like at all because of his potential, especially for Fields who wasn't doing much at the time.

I thought the Konerko for Jeff Shaw trade was kind of poopoo as well in retrospect.

It was absolute garbage since at that time, the Dodgers traded their top position and pitching prospects for a freakin' reliever that was a first time All-Star at the time of the trade. Not only that, because Tommy Lasorda was acting GM and didn't even know the rules, the moron didn't even know that he could ask for a trade at the conclusion of the season, so they gave him even more money so that the trade didn't look even worse than it was.

The team had new ownership and there was a huge emphasis on winning ‘now.’ So I thought it was a desperate attempt to try and at least win the wild card (in addition to any other reasons they had for making the deal). But maybe I’m wrong.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

^
I just don't think they were sold on Konerko, and Lasorda probably had Greg Brock flashbacks after Konerko's struggles as a young player lol.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I just don't think they were sold on Konerko, and Lasorda probably had Greg Brock flashbacks after Konerko's struggles as a young player lol.

Yeah, probably. Fwiw, the Dodgers had a bunch of guys win Rookie of the Year in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. But even when that happens, you still remember the guys that came with high expectations and disappointed you.

Looking back at the 98-99 Dodgers, those teams had some major issues in the first 8 innings so even adding an all-star closer wasn’t going to do much. Adding another starter would have helped a lot more.

I can’t believe the team traded Pedro, Piazza and Konerko.

Speaking of disappointing prospects, I wish the team traded Darren Dreifort instead (with hindsight of course; I didn’t want him dealt back then). The team gave him a massive contract. He was pretty decent as a reliever though, but never became the starter the team hoped he would be, except for maybe the last 2-3 months he pitched before getting his money.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Piazza was an established megastar, and the best hitter the Dodgers have ever produced. I was heartbroken when they traded him. Stupid Fox.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

There's going to be some pretty tough cuts to get May and Gonsolin onto the postseason roster. I'm going to assume we go with 13 position players and 12 pitchers.

Locks (Position Players):
1) Russell Martin
2) Will Smith
3) Max Muncy
4) Corey Seager
5) Justin Turner
6) Cody Bellinger
7) Joc Pederson
8) AJ Pollock
9) David Freese
10) Alex Verdugo

(Position Players) 3 of the following:
Matt Beaty
Enrique Hernandez
Chris Taylor
Jedd Gyorko
Kristopher Negron
Tyler White
Edwin Rios
Gavin Lux

Locks (Pitchers)
1) Pedro Baez
2) Walker Buehler
3) Kenley Jansen
5) Joe Kelley
6) Clayton Kershaw
7) Kenta Maeda
8) Hyun-Jin Ryu
9) Julio Urias

(Pitchers) 3 from the following:
Yimi Garcia
Caleb Ferguson
Tony Gonsolin
Rich Hill
Adam Kolarek
Dustin May
Casey Sadler
Ross Stripling
Scott Alexander

Assuming it is indeed a 13/12 split, here's how I see it:

I agree with your 10 position player locks, assuming that Freese is healthy. Tyler White is probably very close to getting DFA'd and I don't consider him a realistic option. My guess is that 2 of the 3 of Taylor/Kike/Negron make it, but not all three; all 3 guys can seamlessly move from the infield and outfield, and both of Taylor and Kike can handle SS. Of course, it's always possible that both Taylor and Kike don't get healthy enough, in which case Negron would make it and then you'd still have room for two more guys. But if two of the three make it, that leaves one spot left if they go with 13 position players. As it stands right now, I would think that Beaty would have the inside track, as another guy that can play the corner outfield positions and an infield spot (first base), and as a lefty bat off the bench. Gyorko would probably need both a hot streak and an injury to a projected member of the postseason roster to have a shot. I don't consider Edwin Rios to be a realistic choice unless he got scalding hot somehow. And Lux could be a wildcard, though at the moment he has to be considered unlikely.

As for the pitchers, you missed #4 on your list of 9 locks, so while I agree with the 8 I see that you listed, I would actually add Ross Stripling to that list if he's healthy, and ditto Rich Hill. Again, if healthy, and those are major question marks. Hill has been so clutch for us that I think, if he gets back and looks decent in relief, that Roberts will want him as an option. And he believes in Stripling's ability to pitch multiple innings and to get both righties and lefties out. (Hill also gets both righties and lefties out, at least, he has as a starter.) So that might only leave 2 spots, though I'm well aware that it's no guarantee that one or both of Hill and Stripling get healthy and look good before the end of the season, particularly Hill. May has to have a real shot, and ditto Gonsolin if both are throwing well; no one else has that type of stuff on the roster, potentially, not to mention that either guy could be a consideration to start a Game 4. Sadler's work certainly merits consideration, if he keeps it up once he gets called back up. I would think that Alexander is extremely unlikely, and it's probably the same for Garcia and Ferguson and certainly for Chargois. Kolarek could be interesting, though, if they want a pure LOOGY. Basically, to be a more effective Alexander for the postseason, though I'm not sold on Kolarek.

Yup, agreed that the 3 position players chosen will be Kike, Taylor and Beaty.

Good catch on my missing no. 4. That leaves 4 pitchers to be chosen. I think Hill and Stripling are close to locks. The reason I didn't put Stripling as a lock is because they left him off the playoff roster last year as well. Hill, it all depends on how they feel about him strictly being a reliever. I'm sure they have all the confidence in him but you never know. Full time relievers are used to warming up quickly and entering a game ready. Full time starters aren't.

My prediction is: Urias starts game 4. The 4 remaining pitchers chosen are: Hill, Stripling, Kolarek, Sadler.

I think May and Gonsolin miss the cut as of right now. Things can change if either of them do really well for the remainder of the year.

I think that's what they are leaning towards, as of right now.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

My prediction is: Urias starts game 4.

If that is the case, the Dodgers have 42 games to stretch him out. I would think he should have at least four starts, preferably five, which means they had better get with it pretty soon. The options may be limited, so you go with what you have, but I would not plan on going into the playoffs with a five-inning starter.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

If that is the case, the Dodgers have 42 games to stretch him out. I would think he should have at least four starts, preferably five, which means they had better get with it pretty soon. The options may be limited, so you go with what you have, but I would not plan on going into the playoffs with a five-inning starter.

They could use a committee of Urias and Maeda. If those two can split a start (7-8 combined innings) I think I like those odds plus it keeps the rest of the bullpen fresh.

Kershaw, Buehler, Ryu, Urias/Maeda is great playoff rotation.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

I think 5 innings from the no. 4 starter is fine.

The no. 4 starter only makes 1 start per series. So the most starts you'll get from the no. 4 starter is:

1 start in the NLDS
1 start in the NLCS
1 start in the WS

If 6ip is acceptable and 5ip is unacceptable, then you're talking about 1ip per series and 3ip for the entire playoff run.

Urias might only give you 5ip, but you feel confident that those 5ip will be quality innings.

If we conservatively estimate that we get 6ip from the other 4 games and 5ip from the game 4 starter, then we'll need 16ip from the bullpen in a 5 game series (if no extra innings).

Game 1 - 3ip
Game 2 - 3ip
Game 3 - 3ip
Game 4 - 4ip
Game 5 - 3ip

Total - 16ip

If we're going to carry 8 relievers, that's 2ip per reliever for an entire 5 game series. Seems ok if we only get 5ip from the game 4 starter.

----------------------------

And another option would be what we did in 2015 when we went with a 3 man rotation in a 5 game series vs. the Mets. This is when we had Kershaw and Greinke

This is how it went

Fri, Game 1 - Kershaw
Sat, Game 2 - Greinke

Sun - off day

Mon, Game 3 - Brett Anderson
Tue, Game 4 - Kershaw (short rest)

Wed - off day

Thu, Game 5 - Greinke (full rest)

If we go this route, then I can see Ryu pitching games 2 and 5 so that he can pitch at home for 2 starts. (Ryu's super dominant at home)

Whoever starts game 1 goes on short rest in game 4 (with Urias and Hill ready to back them up for multiple innings)

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

^shoot, I don't know how I forgot about Hill.

Also, does Ryu have any issues with short rest? Or was it only with coming out of the bullpen?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers plan to experiment with their relievers, including their closer

Manager Dave Roberts said he might break with convention more as season winds down

LOS ANGELES – Dodgers Kenley Jansen was healthy, present and accounted for, but he wasn’t available to pitch Sunday against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Jansen allowed the game-tying home run Friday and threw a scoreless ninth inning in a non-save situation Saturday. It was the first time since June that Jansen had pitched on consecutive days, and Manager Dave Roberts didn’t want to work his closer to appear in a third consecutive game.

The unusual pattern defied baseball orthodoxy.

Jansen is on the verge of 300 career saves. Using him in a non-save situation one day, and ruling him out of a potential save situation the next day, was a decision rare enough to warrant protection by the Endangered Species Act.

Roberts said he might break with convention more often as the season winds down, at least as it pertains to his bullpen usage. Saturday, he wanted to give Jansen a fresh start after blowing a save opportunity the night before.

“We had a great conversation (Saturday) night, actually,” Roberts said of Jansen. “The most important thing is to get him consistent work which … will allow for more consistency on the field performance-wise. There are certain save opportunities that might be compromised. But it’s still a benefit for the ball club and him to get consistent work.

You also have two guys in Joe Kelly and Pedro Baez throwing the baseball well also. Kenley’s on board with that.

Jansen is 26 for 31 in save opportunities this season. His 3.74 earned-run average is on pace for a career high in his 10th major league season.

The Dodgers’ unorthodox bullpen decisions will affect more than just the ninth inning.

Casey Sadler was optioned to Triple-A Oklahoma City on Sunday to accommodate the return of pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu. Sadler was outstanding in his nine appearances, allowing only one run while permitting fewer than one baserunner per inning. But the right-hander had one option year remaining in his contract, and Roberts said “we wanted to get a look at some other guys.”

Count it as one of many luxuries for a team that holds an 18-game lead in its division.

“The optimal perfect matchup isn’t always possible, and it doesn’t always lead to success anyway,” Roberts said, “but I still think with the guys we have, we can put them in optimal spots.”

https://www.dailynews.com/2019/08/11/dodgers-plan-to-experiment-with-their-relievers-including-their-closer/

Sounds like Baez and Kelly are going to get some save opportunities. Looks like tryouts.

It's interesting how every move/potential move we make requires Kenley's approval.

When we were thinking about bringing in Kimbrel, Kenley didn't approve.

When we were thinking about trading for Vazquez, Kenley approved.

Now we're thinking about trying out Baez and Kelly, Kenley has also given his approval.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I don't think they necessarily need his approval but they just don't want to do something that makes a player of his caliber (his struggles notwithstanding) unhappy.

I think it's smart to float things by him to give him the illusion of control and that you have full confidence in him...even if that's not really the case.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I don't think they necessarily need his approval but they just don't want to do something that makes a player of his caliber (his struggles notwithstanding) unhappy.

I think it's smart to float things by him to give him the illusion of control and that you have full confidence in him...even if that's not really the case.

Well, we've had 40 guys play for us this year more or less? There's only been one guy all year where we've cared about what his feelings are. Everybody else we just make whatever move we feel is best for the team.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Well, we've had 40 guys play for us this year more or less? There's only been one guy all year where we've cared about what his feelings are. Everybody else we just make whatever move we feel is best for the team.

That's true. I guess they want to handle him with care because if he loses his confidence he may be useless in October. Either way I'm happy he's open to it and we can figure out what our best roster is heading into the postseason.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Prediction: if Dustin May continues to throw well, he will not be left off the postseason roster. The kid's stuff is simply too good, and if he's actually performing well, I don't think management will make the mistake of leaving him off the roster for, say, a guy with inferior stuff in Sadler. Now, if he looks uneven, sure, it makes the decision easier. But if he is tearing it up, I just don't see how you keep him off.

Also, I don't think Maeda will be an option to piggyback off a Game 4 starter, not in the sense that they would want him to go 2-3 innings or something like that. Lefties abuse him, and he abuses righties. Don't play with fate; let him come into a game out of the bullpen to get a righty or two out, and that's it. You can't let him face a bunch of great left-handed hitters over multiple innings in the postseason.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

If Dustin May and Justin Turner deliver us a WS we're gonna be saying "RED OCTOBER" for the next 30 years
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

So far it's looking like the front office has poached another good one from the mariners. Kristopher Negron has been playing extremely well with the Dodgers and I hope he continues to play that Chris Taylor role with the team.

Still waiting to see the Dodgers address their bullpen concerns. I'm really liking what I see from Victor Gonzalez in the minors and hope he impresses enough to play a 2002 Francisco "K-Rod" Rodriguez type role for the team.

Last edited by LAkers 4 Life on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
If Dustin May and Justin Turner deliver us a WS we're gonna be saying "RED OCTOBER" for the next 30 years

I like that! And The Hunt For Red October is a favorite film of mine.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Prediction: if Dustin May continues to throw well, he will not be left off the postseason roster. The kid's stuff is simply too good, and if he's actually performing well, I don't think management will make the mistake of leaving him off the roster for, say, a guy with inferior stuff in Sadler. Now, if he looks uneven, sure, it makes the decision easier. But if he is tearing it up, I just don't see how you keep him off.

Also, I don't think Maeda will be an option to piggyback off a Game 4 starter, not in the sense that they would want him to go 2-3 innings or something like that. Lefties abuse him, and he abuses righties. Don't play with fate; let him come into a game out of the bullpen to get a righty or two out, and that's it. You can't let him face a bunch of great left-handed hitters over multiple innings in the postseason.

May might be getting sent down for someone coming off the DL.

He's scheduled to pitch in 2 days but after that, he's not scheduled.

Tue, Aug 13 - @Miami - Kershaw
Wed, Aug 14 - @Miami - May
Thu, Aug 15 - @Miami - Buehler
Fri, Aug 16 - @Atlanta - Maeda
Sat, Aug 17 - @Atlanta - Ryu

Sun, Aug 18 - @Atlanta - Kershaw
Mon, Aug 19 - OFF DAY
Tue, Aug 20 - vsToronto - Maeda
Wed, Aug 21 - vsToronto - Buehler
Thu, Aug 22 - vsToronto - Ryu

This also might be a typo because they have Maeda and Buehler mixed up in the orders.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

May might be getting sent down for someone coming off the DL.

He's scheduled to pitch in 2 days but after that, he's not scheduled.

Tue, Aug 13 - @Miami - Kershaw
Wed, Aug 14 - @Miami - May
Thu, Aug 15 - @Miami - Buehler
Fri, Aug 16 - @Atlanta - Maeda
Sat, Aug 17 - @Atlanta - Ryu

Sun, Aug 18 - @Atlanta - Kershaw
Mon, Aug 19 - OFF DAY
Tue, Aug 20 - vsToronto - Maeda
Wed, Aug 21 - vsToronto - Buehler
Thu, Aug 22 - vsToronto - Ryu

This also might be a typo because they have Maeda and Buehler mixed up in the orders.

I still see May making a few more starts. We already know that Hill and Stripling will not be going back into the rotation. It also stands to reason that Maeda will come out of the rotation in September. I think you can also throw in the fact that the team will possibly give all 3 of Ryu/Buehler/Kershaw an extra day or two of rest between starts, or maybe even let them skip a start with a phantom IL stint like what they just did with Ryu.

It's also quite possible that Urias goes back into the rotation in late August/early September, but still, I think May could still make a few more starts. I'd expect him to be given a look in the bullpen in September as well. Ditto Gonsolin.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

17hr
51 rbi
45 games

The team had new ownership and there was a huge emphasis on winning ‘now.’ So I thought it was a desperate attempt to try and at least win the wild card (in addition to any other reasons they had for making the deal). But maybe I’m wrong.

You are correct. They were in no position to make the playoffs at that time yet they still dealt their top position and pitching prospects for a reliever. And then promptly paid him twice his original contract in order to keep him from demanding a trade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 99 of 248
Jump to: