2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

Anyone that lives in L.A. or OC you might want to go to this!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dodgers-yankees-fans-astros-angel-stadium-booing-023954438.html

Traveling dodger fan group 3,000 strong is going to Angels home opener which is against the Lastros, and has invited socal Yankee fans to join.

I'm going for sure.

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dodgers-yankees-fans-astros-angel-stadium-booing-023954438.html

Traveling dodger fan group 3,000 strong is going to Angels home opener which is against the Lastros, and has invited socal Yankee fans to join.

I'm going for sure.

After the BS with Pantone and Kobe's death you'd never see me support them.

https://twitter.com/Dodgers_Blues/status/1222680582129238016
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

I'm going for sure.

Who’s this Pantone? 🤬
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

I'm going for sure.

Yeah I'm sure because they got one jackass in the group that they all think that way. Sound thinking.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

I'm going for sure.

Yeah I'm sure because they got one jackass in the group that they all think that way. Sound thinking.

I see you don’t follow the Dodgers subreddit
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

I'm going for sure.

Same. I planned on joining a Pantone outing but they seem to be a little too profit conscious for my liking.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

I'm going for sure.

You are right I don't. But the original link was to a tweet from one person who deleted it. Just saying any group has their share of idiots. Just look at this place.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm not going with the "Dodger group" but I can walk to the stadium and just boo the Astros on my own! Maybe not for Opening night, but I'm sure tickets will be available for a game in the first series.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

I'm going for sure.

You are right I don't. But the original link was to a tweet from one person who deleted it. Just saying any group has their share of idiots. Just look at this place.

That's pretty funny, I'll admit.

She was one of the main Pantone emplyees and she was eventually fired after a sorry excuse for an apology was released by the company.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Back to actual Dodgers topics -- I feel like if the team can make a move for an elite bullpen arm, they'll have shored up most of the holes going into the season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Back to actual Dodgers topics -- I feel like if the team can make a move for an elite bullpen arm, they'll have shored up most of the holes going into the season.

Assuming this Betts/Price deal goes through close to as reported, we'll still have plenty of assets with which to trade for an ace or a bullpen arm, should the need come about during the season. You just never know which teams will flounder and, thus, perhaps some of their players could become available. For example, if the Mets' season goes south again, and with their ownership transaction falling apart, is it out of the question that not only Syndergaard could be available, but de Grom as well? Or a rejuvenated Edwin Diaz? What about if the Reds' re-tooling doesn't work out, could guys like Iglesias or perhaps a rejuvenated Bauer be on the block? The Indians have not only Lindor, but Clevinger and Hand as high-end pieces.

Looks like the teams involved in the Betts/Price/Maeda swap all think it will still get done. Let's hope so.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale
The Mookie Betts/David Price #RedSox-#Dodgers trade is expected to finally become official today, the teams say, which means the Joc Pederson/Ross Stripling trade from the Dodgers LA to the #Angels becomes official as well.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Trade could fall apart, Twins walk away from the deal.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Getting closer to rioting.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I didn’t know it was possible to hate Boston sports teams more than I already do
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Major League Baseball Players Association had a strong message Friday for the teams involved in the held-up Mookie Betts blockbuster deal: Resolve it quickly.

Those were the words of executive director Tony Clark, who in a statement told the teams to conclude talks or move on.

"The proposed trades between the Dodgers, Red Sox, Twins, and Angels need to be resolved without further delay," Clark said. "The events of this last week have unfairly put several Players' lives in a state of limbo. The unethical leaking of medical information as well as the perversion of the salary arbitration process serve as continued reminders that too often Players are treated as commodities by those running the game."

Emphasis mine.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28655187/tony-clark-says-held-mookie-betts-trade-putting-players-lives-state-limbo
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Gonna be awkward to say the least if Joc, Dugo, Kenta and Strip have to report to Dodgers camp next week!

1978-2020
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I might consider just giving the Red Sox Keibert Ruiz and we just take Graterol from the Twins. We have Will Smith and we also have 18-year-old Diego Cartaya, who could very well end up better than Ruiz (I know the organization is very high on him). Graterol is a 100 MPH-throwing 21-year-old, and he could possibly help us as soon as this year (he held his own in 10 innings in the majors last season as a September call-up).

But this is BS. Boston heard the groans in the media that they were being taken advantage of (which is crap), so now they are trying to backtrack.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Beantown Backstabbers

Lindor, Bryant and Arrenado are right hand power have but will probably have to kiss Lux bye.

1978-2020
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The three clubs have continued to work toward a resolution this weekend, though at one point it appeared the Twins were going to back out of the trade completely. That is no longer the case. The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal and MLB Network's Jon Heyman say the three clubs are now working on two separate two-team trades that would break down like so:

Dodgers get: Betts, Price, cash
Red Sox get: Verdugo plus another prospect

Dodgers get: Graterol
Twins get: Maeda

Quote:
As of last night, the Twins had added a second minor leaguer to the deal - a player outside their top ten prospects - in a last push toward a resolution. The talks progressed from there. The Twins are now expected to get a little more than Dodgers righthander Kenta Maeda in the deal. Just to manage expectations here, focus on "little."

Quote:
Red Sox pitchers and catchers are due to report to spring training on Tuesday. It stands to reason they want to finalize the trade before then to avoid the awkwardness of Price reporting to camp a week after being traded. Red Sox position players are due to report this coming Saturday. That's when Betts is officially scheduled to arrive and that's when it would get really awkward.
Although the Dodgers can't afford to let the trade completely fall apart -- that would be a PR nightmare -- they do hold leverage over Boston. The Red Sox want to avoid spring training awkwardness and get under the $208 million luxury tax threshold. The Dodgers can remain patient and apply pressure, though I can't imagine they want this to drag out too much longer.

Quote:

@JonHeyman Twins now dealing directly with Dodgers and that part of mega deal seems pretty set, with Maeda still going to Minnesota and Graterol presumably going to LA. Dodgers are now mostly working with Red Sox to rejigger package for Betts. There’s certainly increased hope.

So what prospect in our system is worth a Graterol?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
The three clubs have continued to work toward a resolution this weekend, though at one point it appeared the Twins were going to back out of the trade completely. That is no longer the case. The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal and MLB Network's Jon Heyman say the three clubs are now working on two separate two-team trades that would break down like so:

Dodgers get: Betts, Price, cash
Red Sox get: Verdugo plus another prospect

Dodgers get: Graterol
Twins get: Maeda

Quote:
As of last night, the Twins had added a second minor leaguer to the deal - a player outside their top ten prospects - in a last push toward a resolution. The talks progressed from there. The Twins are now expected to get a little more than Dodgers righthander Kenta Maeda in the deal. Just to manage expectations here, focus on "little."

Quote:
Red Sox pitchers and catchers are due to report to spring training on Tuesday. It stands to reason they want to finalize the trade before then to avoid the awkwardness of Price reporting to camp a week after being traded. Red Sox position players are due to report this coming Saturday. That's when Betts is officially scheduled to arrive and that's when it would get really awkward.
Although the Dodgers can't afford to let the trade completely fall apart -- that would be a PR nightmare -- they do hold leverage over Boston. The Red Sox want to avoid spring training awkwardness and get under the $208 million luxury tax threshold. The Dodgers can remain patient and apply pressure, though I can't imagine they want this to drag out too much longer.

Quote:

@JonHeyman Twins now dealing directly with Dodgers and that part of mega deal seems pretty set, with Maeda still going to Minnesota and Graterol presumably going to LA. Dodgers are now mostly working with Red Sox to rejigger package for Betts. There’s certainly increased hope.

So what prospect in our system is worth a Graterol?

Chicken Stu already suggest Ruiz. I would think this is a slightly better deal for the BoSox but they might think otherwise, and maybe the Dodgers don't want to do this. Another idea would be for the Twins to substitute Jordan Balazovic, the 86rd prospect (MLB) (their 5th) for Graterol the 83rd (their 4th).
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

Chicken Stu already suggest Ruiz. I would think this is a slightly better deal for the BoSox but they might think otherwise, and maybe the Dodgers don't want to do this. Another idea would be for the Twins to substitute Jordan Balazovic, the 86rd prospect (MLB) (their 5th) for Graterol the 83rd (their 4th).

Graterol might have fallen out of the top 100 due to his medical concerns.

The Red Sox certainly don't rate him that highly anymore.

I think Ruiz has more trade value than Graterol around the league.

How about Kody Hoese?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Graterol might have fallen out of the top 100 due to his medical concerns.

The Red Sox certainly don't rate him that highly anymore.

I think Ruiz has more trade value than Graterol around the league.

How about Kody Hoese?

They could see him as the JT replacement at third, who knows. Ruiz probably does have more value in a vacuum than Graterol, but since the Dodgers are dealing from a position of depth at catcher, that's why I suggested it. But we could very well get away with keeping Ruiz and perhaps offering a lesser prospect, or two prospects who aren't quite top-100 types.

At least it looks like it's happening. Just want to see this thing come to a resolution.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Is there a cutoff date for this deal? Really pissing me off.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Looks like it’s a go:

Red Sox
Going: Verdugo, Jeter Downs and Connor Wong
Coming: Betts, Price & Cash

Twins:
Going: Maeda
Coming: Graterol

Angels
Going: joc and strip
Coming: Renfigo

Last edited by oasisdude77 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 242 of 248
Jump to: