2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Have a feeling those prospects plus a Verdugo or someone else will get packaged for Kluber
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Source confirms the Dodgers plan to release Homer Bailey after the trade becomes official. @Ken_Rosenthal was first with that news.

too bad you guys do not get to take part in the Homer Bailey experience
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

I think I'm most happy never to see Alex Wood again.

I'll miss the Puig experience, but it probably needed to end.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
I think I'm most happy never to see Alex Wood again.

I'll miss the Puig experience, but it probably needed to end.

If you're happy never to see Wood again, then we should have just non-tendered him. It's just weird how we offered him arbitration then it's painted as a plus to get rid of his $9 mil salary.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject:

I misspoke earlier when I said that Bailey himself came with a $17.5 payroll hit; the trade actually results in a $17.5MM luxury tax savings. I definitely would not be surprised to see one or both of the Reds' prospects flipped to another team in a separate deal. The Dodgers did that in the trade a few years ago with the Marlins when they got Andrew Heaney, and then flipped him to the Angels for Howie Kendrick.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject:

Dodgers trade away 2 of their very few right-handed power hitters. Harper won't solve that dilemma so I expect the Dodgers to be very active in all fronts to shore up the the lineup. Rumors abound that they're interested in Nicholas Castellanos as the right-handed power hitter for the lineup. He'll cost a ton though.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Dodgers trade away 2 of their very few right-handed power hitters. Harper won't solve that dilemma so I expect the Dodgers to be very active in all fronts to shore up the the lineup. Rumors abound that they're interested in Nicholas Castellanos as the right-handed power hitter for the lineup. He'll cost a ton though.

The guys on MLB Network keep talking up AJ Pollock to the Dodgers at the right years and price it would work for me. If healthy he's a good hitter and a plus center fielder. I am assuming Bellinger and Verdugo are gone in multiple deals.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject:

Castellanos makes Kyle Schwarber look like a good defensive outfielder. He is downright awful as an outfielder. He really should be an AL DH. I'd be very hesitant to trade for him.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Castellanos makes Kyle Schwarber look like a good defensive outfielder. He is downright awful as an outfielder. He really should be an AL DH. I'd be very hesitant to trade for him.

I know little about him as an outfielder so I looked up his defensive stats (for what they're worth--but they do have some value). His DWAR last year was second from the bottom of MLB outfielders, second to . . . yep . . . Mr. Harper. Going to Fangraphs, his UZR was also second from the bottom for all MLB outfielders, and, yes, behind only Harper.

How about an outfield of these two guys??? THAT ought to leave us all bald next year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

The guys on MLB Network keep talking up AJ Pollock to the Dodgers at the right years and price it would work for me. If healthy he's a good hitter and a plus center fielder. I am assuming Bellinger and Verdugo are gone in multiple deals.

There's no way they're trading Bellinger. Our 3 most valuable assets are: Bellinger, Seager, and Buehler. Everybody else can be had for the right price.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I know little about him as an outfielder so I looked up his defensive stats (for what they're worth--but they do have some value). His DWAR last year was second from the bottom of MLB outfielders, second to . . . yep . . . Mr. Harper. Going to Fangraphs, his UZR was also second from the bottom for all MLB outfielders, and, yes, behind only Harper.

How about an outfield of these two guys??? THAT ought to leave us all bald next year.

Remember when Friedman first took over? Under Colletti, we were all offense, no defense. Then he got rid of Kemp, brought in Grandal, shored up our defense and made us into a top defensive ball club.

Seems like last 2 years, we've been getting away from that. How bad will our defense be w/ Harper and Castellanos?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

There's no way they're trading Bellinger. Our 3 most valuable assets are: Bellinger, Seager, and Buehler. Everybody else can be had for the right price.

That would appear to be the wisest thinking. Then again, I'm not sure the thinking behind the curtain is in that league.

If the Dodgers signed Pollock, who is not really an upgrade, unless he plays like 2015, and get rid of Bellinger and Verdugo, on top of what they've already done, this could be one of the worst off-seasons in recent history.

Think about who is on the team and who came from this administration vs the previous and ask yourself what really has the new administration added.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

That would appear to be the wisest thinking. Then again, I'm not sure the thinking behind the curtain is in that league.

If the Dodgers signed Pollock, who is not really an upgrade, unless he plays like 2015, and get rid of Bellinger and Verdugo, on top of what they've already done, this could be one of the worst off-seasons in recent history.

Think about who is on the team and who came from this administration vs the previous and ask yourself what really has the new administration added.

If you want Kluber the likely asking price is Bellinger (Roberts only wants to play him against right handers anyhow). But you aren't getting an ace for middling prospects.

Verdugo and prospects are the likely asking price for Realmuto. Not going in on Grandahl means running Barnes and his sub .200 average out there. The only positive is at least Roberts doesn't have Dozier or Forsythe to pair him with anymore. Not really a fan of giving up those guys but if you want talent you have to give up something.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
ribeye wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

If you want Kluber the likely asking price is Bellinger (Roberts only wants to play him against right handers anyhow). But you aren't getting an ace for middling prospects.

Verdugo and prospects are the likely asking price for Realmuto. Not going in on Grandahl means running Barnes and his sub .200 average out there. The only positive is at least Roberts doesn't have Dozier or Forsythe to pair him with anymore. Not really a fan of giving up those guys but if you want talent you have to give up something.

Kluber, depending on the entirety of the package, may be worth it. I would not give up Verdugo +, or the kind of talent they are asking for, for a catcher (overpriced due to the market) when there are four good ones in the system.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

^^^^ Unfortunately none of the four are Major league ready at this point. The best of the bunch is Ruiz but he's a 20 year old AA player who would be expected to handle an elite pitching staff. I don't think he figures into the plans for this year. Honestly I think a trade is going to be the way to go. Farmer is not even an option as he went in the salary dump too.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
^^^^ Unfortunately none of the four are Major league ready at this point. The best of the bunch is Ruiz but he's a 20 year old AA player who would be expected to handle an elite pitching staff. I don't think he figures into the plans for this year. Honestly I think a trade is going to be the way to go. Farmer is not even an option as he went in the salary dump too.

As I've said before, a placeholder at the 2 is fine, but not someone who will cost what the Marlins want. It has been said they want Cody PLUS Puig (THAT chip has already been wasted) or Verdugo.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

But if Verdugo and Bellinger are traded, imagine what we're getting back. It's got to be bigger than Kluber.

One thing about this FO, they know which assets they value and they hold onto those assets.

One thing they've never done is give away controllable assets. They've been very firm/stubborn about that in every trade talks.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Yeah, it doesn't matter what the asking price is - this FO has shown that they're really stubborn about trading away controllable assets.

Think of all the trades they made and what the asking prices were and what they eventually gave up. They just don't give up their most prized assets. That's why Urias, Seager, Bellinger, Buehler are all still here. It's not coincidence.

The asking price is always going to be high.

They walked away from Dozier and went with Forsythe --> lower asking price

They walked away from Verlander and went with Darvish --> lower asking price.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
not mad at this trade especially if it means we're going after Harper. Puig's value has rebounded after last season, so this can be viewed as a sell high move. remember just couple season ago we couldn't even given Puig away.

Yeah . . . just what the team needs--another .250 hitter who strikes out a ton.

I don’t mind his bat in the lineup because he walks a lot. He had 130 walks last season. So it’s not just HR or K with him. But I’m still not excited about the possibility of getting him because he is going to be massively overpaid. He basically had one incredible year and hasn’t come close to matching that season since.

I’d be much more excited about getting Kluber.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
not mad at this trade especially if it means we're going after Harper. Puig's value has rebounded after last season, so this can be viewed as a sell high move. remember just couple season ago we couldn't even given Puig away.

Yeah . . . just what the team needs--another .250 hitter who strikes out a ton.

They'll have the privilege of paying $300-400 million for this one. Marginally better than Puig, for about five times the price.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

to be honest, i'd choose Machado over Harper. you get a premium position player who hits for average, which to me is more important than slugging 40+ hrs while hitting mid 200s. Turner won't be here long, so Machado can take over the 3rd for the next 5 years after Turner, in the meantime he can play the 2B.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
to be honest, i'd choose Machado over Harper. you get a premium position player who hits for average, which to me is more important than slugging 40+ hrs while hitting mid 200s. Turner won't be here long, so Machado can take over the 3rd for the next 5 years after Turner, in the meantime he can play the 2B.

Do the Dodgers even have a meeting with Machado?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

probably not, but between the two prima-donnas of Harper and Machado, i'd take Machado, probably cheaper too.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I think Machado burned his bridges here.

The single off the wall in the World Series likely being the final straw.

I don't pony up $200 million or whatever for a guy that won't run down the line in the World Series.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

probably not, but between the two prima-donnas of Harper and Machado, i'd take Machado, probably cheaper too.

Pass. Pass.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 24 of 248
Jump to: