2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

^
Yes, LonzoLegend is doing a lot of assuming right now, about both Ryu and the Indians deal. The Blue Jays, for example, think they have a good chance at signing Ryu; they probably offered something nice and I'm guessing that Ryu would rather play for a winner, but if an offer from a contender pales in comparison, I mean, you have to take the money. And Toronto is a cosmopolitan city that could appeal to him, who knows.

Especially if the Dodgers do pull off an Indians deal that does involve Clevinger, they may not feel it's necessary to shell out $20-25MM a year for a guy with Ryu's injury history, even if it is only for three years.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources: Dodgers Trade Talks With Indians Have ‘Stalled’

The Los Angeles Dodgers continue to be linked to Cleveland Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor, but talks have "stalled," according to multiple sources.

According to sources familiar with the recent talks, when it came to Lindor, the Indians wanted Lux in return. Initially, the Dodgers deemed Lux virtually untouchable, and preferred Ruiz (No. 2 prospect) in any trade. However, after missing out on top free agents Stephen Strasburg, Gerrit Cole, and Anthony Rendon in consecutive days, the Dodgers changed their tune. According to multiple major league sources, they were willing to include Lux in a trade for Lindor, but they wanted another player in return, someone like right-handed pitcher Mike Clevinger.

On Saturday evening, reports surfaced that the Indians were engaged in trade talks with multiple teams regarding Kluber. Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reported that the Dodgers were "in the mix," but sources told NBC LA at the time, that because of his age and injury history, they preferred Clevinger.

Clevinger has also been one the best pitchers in the American League over the last three years. He has a 2.96 ERA with 513 strikeouts over that span, and posted a WHIP of 1.056 and a WAR of 4.2 last season. The right-hander is just 29-years-old, is under team control through the 2022 season, and is relatively cheap, set to make just $4.5 million in 2020. Sources say that Cleveland does not want to part with Clevinger, and it's easy to see why.

The Dodgers top priority is Lindor, but the team believes Clevinger is essential to a good return if the team were to part with Lux, a consensus top 10 prospect in all of baseball. Thus, according to sources, the talks have stalled.

At this point, a deal does not appear close, but that doesn't mean it's dead. Sources indicated that the talks still exist, and that the Dodgers have discussed multiple different trade scenarios with Cleveland that include both current MLB players and prospects. Dustin May, Edwin Rios, Joc Pederson, DJ Peters, and Ross Stripling are just some of the players that have been mentioned in the talks.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/dodgers-trade-talks-with-indians-have-stalled/2277133/
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Ken Rosenthal

@Ken_Rosenthal
·
5m

Expectation within industry is Ryu will exceed Bumgarner’s $17M average annual value in deal of at least four years. Two industry people with knowledge of starting-pitching market predict minimum four years, $80M. Teams still in need of starter include #BlueJays; #Angels; #Twins.

EDIT: Rosenthal also added the White Sox to this list in a follow-up tweet.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

The Dodgers are apparently discussing Mookie Betts with the Red Sox, per Bob Nightengale, and the discussions might include David Price as well. I'm guessing that taking on Price would lessen whatever the prospect return would be for Boston.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Dodgers are apparently discussing Mookie Betts with the Red Sox, per Bob Nightengale, and the discussions might include David Price as well. I'm guessing that taking on Price would lessen whatever the prospect return would be for Boston.

AJ Pollock and Pederson are a part of that trade I'd imagine?

RF - Betts
CF - Bellinger/Verdugo
LF - Bellinger/Verdugo

Or, Betts moves back to 2B?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

RF - Betts
CF - Bellinger/Verdugo
LF - Bellinger/Verdugo

At this point, I'm hoping we trade for Lindor and Betts both. Screw it, go for the jugular LOL. (I know that's not going to happen.)
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Bob Nightengale

@BNightengale
The #Redsox love #Dodgers catcher Will Smith but unknown whether the #Dodgers would include him in any potential trade. Red Sox discussing trade for superstar Mookie Betts
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

i don't care, just need them to pull off some, any transactions at this point. trotting out the same damn team will not cut it.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

too good to be true, you know Friedman gonna kill the deal because he wants to save some extra thousands of $$$ or a low level prospect that no one heard of.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

too good to be true, you know Friedman gonna kill the deal because he wants to save some extra thousands of $$$ or a low level prospect that no one heard of.

I don't remember the Dodgers walking away from a trade for some low level prospect that no one's heard of. You?

Seems like Friedman walks away when they start asking for our elite prospects.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Friedman did idiotically send off future rookie of the year Alvarez so he could be bargained with I guess. Not sure what to make of Lux yet, seemed very mediocre in his limited time up with the big club. If you can acquire an MVP talent in Betts or Lindor you do it at all costs.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

RF - Betts
CF - Bellinger/Verdugo
LF - Bellinger/Verdugo

They may take some contracts back but not a lot. They are shopping Betts because they don't want to pay top dollar for him. And they want out from under Prices K. I would assume they would want someone like Verdugo and probably Ruiz since they non tendered Sandy Leon. They also need a first baseman Edwin Rios might fit the bill. On the plus side you may be able to get them to eat Jansens contract since they need a reliever and would save money on Price's deal.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Friedman did idiotically send off future rookie of the year Alvarez so he could be bargained with I guess. Not sure what to make of Lux yet, seemed very mediocre in his limited time up with the big club. If you can acquire an MVP talent in Betts or Lindor you do it at all costs.

Yeah no way you can judge Lux.

The Dodgers put him in such a bad situation. They called him up in September then onto the playoff roster.

That’s just horrible.

Players need time to adjust to mlb pitching. Hitting doesn’t come that easy.

Even Trout sucked when he was first called up by the Angels.

Give Lux a chance to adjust to mlb then you’ll see his talents shine.

Look at Vlad Guerrero last yr. It took him some time to adjust as well.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

The Dodgers put him in such a bad situation. They called him up in September then onto the playoff roster.

That’s just horrible.

Same deal with Yoan Moncada it took him about 3 years but now the White Sox have something. He was the principal prospect in the Chris Sale deal.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

That’s just horrible.

Same deal with Yoan Moncada it took him about 3 years but now the White Sox have something. He was the principal prospect in the Chris Sale deal.

Didn’t Lux go from AA to AAA to MLB to the playoffs last season?

That’s a little bit too much for a young player.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

That’s just horrible.

I agree, and I said I thought they should have called him up sooner for that EXACT reasoning.

I think giving up Lux for Lindor is one thing, as at least you'd have two years of a premium player in Lindor. I do not give up Lux for Betts at all. One year of Betts just isn't enough to justify it.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

That’s just horrible.

I’m still waiting for some of the Dodger hitters to adjust to postseason pitching and maybe the higher level of pitching is just too much for them.. It surprised me a little when Lux was getting postseason at-bats and for a guy thrown in that situation I think he did fine.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Ryu is all but all but a lock now.

Quote:
As for reports that the Dodgers are interested in bringing him back, Ryu said,

“If the Dodgers wanted to re-sign me, they would have told my agent. I haven’t heard from him yet, and honestly, I don’t have much to tell you right now.”

https://dodgerblue.com/hyun-jin-ryu-agent-scott-boras-dodgers-interest-free-agency-unclear/2019/12/15/

Quote:
It seems that Andrew Friedman and company could ultimately be comfortable heading to spring training with the club as is.

https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-mlb-insider-talks-lack-of-winter-meetings-bombshell-move-for-la/2019/12/15/

So the team is just going to let an elite starting pitcher leave and shrug its shoulders? Is a declining Kershaw going to be the #2 starter in the playoffs?
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

Here’s a harsh reality:

Our roster is and has been capable of winning it all for the past few years. Generally speaking in any sport it can sometimes be difficult to win even if you have the tools. “Luck” and “timing” play a huge role.

We got screwed in ‘17 or perhaps we didn’t.

RedSox were just better and more talented than us in ‘18.

And I don’t know what happened this year but the Nats team that we were about to beat ended up winning the World Series.

(bleep) happens. We are right there and we should have won. We could have even won 2. Reality is we didn’t but that doesn’t mean you have to make big moves to win it all. See Darvish/Machado.

Let’s hope this is the year. I fully trust this front office to get the job done. We’ve had some great years and as depressing as the ending has been we shouldn’t deny the fact that the FO has done a really good job for the most part.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
So the team is just going to let an elite starting pitcher leave and shrug its shoulders? Is a declining Kershaw going to be the #2 starter in the playoffs?

I think I have much more faith in your FO than many Dodgers fans.....Friedman has a plan, I almost guarantee it. If he is letting Ryu walk, then I have to assume he has a better option planned.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I think I have much more faith in your FO than many Dodgers fans.....Friedman has a plan, I almost guarantee it. If he is letting Ryu walk, then I have to assume he has a better option planned.

Well we went into last season's trade deadline with a huge need to upgrade the bullpen. We ended up standing pat and just going with what we have.

The plan could also be just to stand pat.

Right now, our rotation looks like this:

1) Buehler
2) Kershaw
3) Urias
4) Maeda
5) ????? - (Stripling, May, Gonsolin)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

^^^which looks ok to me if your young guys are ready to go....still think he plans on walking a way with either Betts, Lindor or Bryant.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Here’s a harsh reality:

Our roster is and has been capable of winning it all for the past few years. Generally speaking in any sport it can sometimes be difficult to win even if you have the tools. “Luck” and “timing” play a huge role.

We got screwed in ‘17 or perhaps we didn’t.

RedSox were just better and more talented than us in ‘18.

And I don’t know what happened this year but the Nats team that we were about to beat ended up winning the World Series.

(bleep) happens. We are right there and we should have won. We could have even won 2. Reality is we didn’t but that doesn’t mean you have to make big moves to win it all. See Darvish/Machado.

Let’s hope this is the year. I fully trust this front office to get the job done. We’ve had some great years and as depressing as the ending has been we shouldn’t deny the fact that the FO has done a really good job for the most part.

A reasoned response, far more deserving an audience than much of the grumbling herein.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^which looks ok to me if your young guys are ready to go....still think he plans on walking a way with either Betts, Lindor or Bryant.

That's enough for the regular season. Doesn't seem enough for the postseason unless Urias/May have really good years.

I don't know if you can win the WS with a postseason rotation of:

1) Buehler
2) Kershaw
3) Urias
4) Maeda/May/Gonsolin/Stripling

With this rotation, we need a dominant bullpen.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

the main chokers on this team still here, namely Kershaw, Kershaw, Kershaw, did i mention Kershaw, Jensen and Roberts. the front office needs to get some tough minded players on this squad who are not scare of the big moments.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 226 of 248
Jump to: