View previous topic :: View next topic  
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
srm90 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
If the Dbags are selling, any chance we can bring Greinke back?

I think as long as Puig is on the team, Greinke has no interest in playing here again.

What happened between the two?

It's just speculation on my part but there were reports that Greinke had grown to despise Puig during his time here. I wouldn't be able to link/cite any sources on that though.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
srm90 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I think as long as Puig is on the team, Greinke has no interest in playing here again.

It's just speculation on my part but there were reports that Greinke had grown to despise Puig during his time here. I wouldn't be able to link/cite any sources on that though.

It was from "The Best Team Money Can Buy".

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/13/8929067/what-the-best-team-money-can-buy-reveals-about-baseball-chemistry
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
srm90 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
srm90 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/13/8929067/what-the-best-team-money-can-buy-reveals-about-baseball-chemistry

There's an article out that Puig is unhappy with his playing time and wants out. Maybe Greinke will come here then.

Buehler
Kershaw
Greinke
Ryu

That's a solid 1-4.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
srm90 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
srm90 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

There's an article out that Puig is unhappy with his playing time and wants out. Maybe Greinke will come here then.

Buehler
Kershaw
Greinke
Ryu

That's a solid 1-4.

I still don't think it's particularly likely that the Dodgers would take on Greinke's deal, even at a lowered cost. Although you could possibly make the argument that doing so would be more palatable than trading a bunch of capital for, say, Kluber. Think of it this way: what if you could trade all that capital for Realmuto, instead? Might you be better off having both Greinke and Realmuto than just Kluber?

Is there a chance at all that you could trade for Stanton, if the Yankees are in on Machado and/or Harper? There are still a lot of things that could happen, and the Winter Meetings start on Sunday and pick up in earnest on Monday.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

On the Realmuto front...

Jim Bowden of The Athletic reports that the Mets, Phillies, Padres, Braves and Rays are still "in" on trade talks involving J.T. Realmuto.

Bowden adds that the Dodgers, Rockies, Brewers, Astros and White Sox have also had talks with the Marlins but haven't been as aggressive as the aforementioned teams. The Marlins reportedly are reluctant to trade Realmuto within the division, so it's possible the Mets and Phillies might have to offer a little more than the other clubs to sway Miami. Realmuto is under team control for two more seasons.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Dodgers emerge as latest potential landing spot for David Robertson as relief market begins to gain steam.

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1072007297742721024
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Jon Morosi

Verified account

@jonmorosi
3m
3 minutes ago

More
#Dodgers showing continued interest in free agent 2B DJ LeMahieu, source says.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Jon Morosi

Verified account

@jonmorosi
16s
16 seconds ago

More
Sources: Corey Kluber trade talks have intensified. #Dodgers are among the teams involved.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

@jonmorosi

Source: #Indians interested in #Dodgers OF Alex Verdugo as part of Corey Kluber trade talks. Cleveland is looking for outfield bats, and Verdugo is the Dodgers' top prospect, according to
@MLBPipeline@MLB @MLBNetwork
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
@jonmorosi

Source: #Indians interested in #Dodgers OF Alex Verdugo as part of Corey Kluber trade talks. Cleveland is looking for outfield bats, and Verdugo is the Dodgers' top prospect, according to
@MLBPipeline@MLB @MLBNetwork

Jon Heyman also tweeted that Verdugo would be a natural fit in a Realmuto trade.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

CS ad 32, it would be nice to post your thoughts along with the quotes. Do you approve or disapprove? LOL
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
CS ad 32, it would be nice to post your thoughts along with the quotes. Do you approve or disapprove? LOL

I'm a fan of trading Verdugo as a headliner in a Kluber deal, yes. Not for Realmuto. I would rather that a blockbuster trade be for an ace, not a catcher, not when we can simply sign someone like Wilson Ramos for a couple of years and still get the ace via trade. I look at it like this: I'd rather have Corey Kluber and Wilson Ramos than just JT Realmuto. The next big game that JT Realmuto plays in will be his first, also.

I'm not a fan of signing LeMahieu. Just too worried that he will turn into another Logan Forsythe (all glove, no hit), once he gets out of Coors Field for 81 games.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

I'm a fan of trading Verdugo as a headliner in a Kluber deal, yes. Not for Realmuto. I would rather that a blockbuster trade be for an ace, not a catcher, not when we can simply sign someone like Wilson Ramos for a couple of years and still get the ace via trade. I look at it like this: I'd rather have Corey Kluber and Wilson Ramos than just JT Realmuto. The next big game that JT Realmuto plays in will be his first, also.

I'm not a fan of signing LeMahieu. Just too worried that he will turn into another Logan Forsythe (all glove, no hit), once he gets out of Coors Field for 81 games.

Yep, agree completely.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Awesome. Thank you for your insight. Honestly reading your thoughts on many subjects regarding the Dodgers or mlb in general is more informative then all of the articles floating around.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

It's day 3 and Dodgers are quiet.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
srm90 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
srm90 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Buehler
Kershaw
Greinke
Ryu

That's a solid 1-4.

only Buehler and Ryu are solid...
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

if Dodgers are really interested in winning the chip you get Kluber and Harper
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

The small market mindset of our front office is at work again, just like last winter. Sit on their hands and trying to out smart every team. You’re not in freaking Tampa Bay anymore morons.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

There is a lot of smoke out there, but it remains to be seen if there is any fire. I do think that the Dodgers are angling to do something fairly significant, but I don't know what will end up happening. They are apparently discussing multiple scenarios with the Reds. Puig is a natural fit there, as is Alex Wood. There's also a report that they could trade Kemp to the Reds and take back Homer Bailey's onerous contract. Bailey has 2 years left, as opposed to Kemp's one, but Bailey has a lower AAV so that could come into play if the Dodgers go over the luxury tax again, as it would lower their luxury tax payment for next year. That could be a factor if they are pursuing Harper. I also heard a rumor on the radio that LA is considering offering him 5 years and $200MM, preferring that to a longer-term commitment with a lower AAV. On the Harper front, I think the Dodgers' chances of landing him go up considerably if the Phillies sign Machado. If the Yankees sign Machado, then I think Harper most likely ends up with the Phillies.

And if the Dodgers did deal with the Reds, it's possible that they could get prospects back from them, and perhaps those prospects could then be part of a deal to obtain Kluber or even Syndergaard. Or, I suppose, Realmuto.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

Dammit. Considering that the Mets got Familia--a better reliever with a much better track record--for 3 years and $30MM, I don't like these figures at all. This is an overpay. I like a high-velocity late-inning arm for us, but this is an overpay, pure and simple. Kelly's track record is spotty.

Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
7m
7 minutes ago

More
Sources confirm the Los Angeles Dodgers are nearing an agreement with Joe Kelly, as @Ken_Rosenthal and @ByRobertMurray reported. Deal would be for three years and ~$25 million.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Joe Kelly has a 3-year agreement with #Dodgers for $25 million, source confirms. @MLBNetwork @MLB

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1073125985644498944
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

chickenstu wrote:
More
Sources confirm the Los Angeles Dodgers are nearing an agreement with Joe Kelly, as @Ken_Rosenthal and @ByRobertMurray reported. Deal would be for three years and ~$25 million.

32 wrote:
Quote:
Joe Kelly has a 3-year agreement with #Dodgers for $25 million, source confirms. @MLBNetwork @MLB

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1073125985644498944

I'm bettin' we'll hear more than a few grumblings about his performance as the season gets going.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dammit. Considering that the Mets got Familia--a better reliever with a much better track record--for 3 years and $30MM, I don't like these figures at all. This is an overpay. I like a high-velocity late-inning arm for us, but this is an overpay, pure and simple. Kelly's track record is spotty.

Jeff Passan

Verified account

@JeffPassan
7m
7 minutes ago

More

All the noise Dodgers were making and we only managed to get Joe kelly? We need more.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers lose Connor Joe and Drew Jackson in the Rule 5 Draft. Joe looked to be a potential Chris Taylor/Max Muncy breakout player so disappointed that he's no longer around but the Dodgers have depth at his position(s). Drew Jackson is a poor man's version of Chris Taylor, so not a big loss.

A bit surprised that the Dodgers signed Kelly to a 3-year deal considering they hardly spend money on the bullpen. But maybe it's a good thing that they're finally addressing the bridge to Jansen.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject:

A couple of things. First, it had slipped my mind that Familia has served a suspension for domestic abuse, so there was no way that the Dodgers were going to be after him. Just some context in my comparison of Kelly with Familia. Next, on the Wilson Ramos front, I had seen a report that we spoke with his agent but it seemed like we were more interested in just a 1-year deal, and he's looking for more. To that end...

Jerry Crasnick

@jcrasnick

Free-agent catcher Wilson Ramos is the #Angels “primary target” at the moment, says a source. Ramos has already been linked to the #Dodgers and several other clubs in search of a catching upgrade.

The Dodgers apparently think that Smith and/or Ruiz could be ready to start in 2020, explaining the hesitancy to give Ramos more than 1 year. However, I would still give him two years. Because as we've seen with Yan Gomes and Francisco Cervelli, desirable catchers with one year left on a deal can easily be moved. (Cervelli is drawing a lot of interest, even from the Dodgers.) So if you think Smith/Ruiz are ready in '20, just move Ramos. I am glad that we have at least made contact with him, though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 21 of 248
Jump to: