2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Hypocrite much? Dude pimped his homerun just as much (if not more) than Muncy did

https://www.mlb.com/news/madison-bumgarner-hits-2-run-homer

Good job noting this.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

Bumgarner is entertaining to watch. He just reminds me of a grumpy old man.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

Let's hope Ryu can master facing a DH and of course the Great Trout as we must show dominance of our little Bros along the I-5S.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

I like MadBum. His "get off my lawn" grumpiness reminds me of Kobe; both guys just like the old way of the game and not the "have fun" new approach. Without guys like MadBum, guys like Puig aren't as fun to watch.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

I don't have a problem with his grouchiness. To his credit, he sticks to screaming on the mound and never purposefully starts throwing at them.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
Hypocrite much? Dude pimped his homerun just as much (if not more) than Muncy did

Good job noting this.

Bum didn't flip his bat though . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Astros trade Josh Fields to Dodgers for Yordan Alvarez

Aug 2, 2016

The Houston Astros traded right-handed reliever Josh Fields to the Los Angeles Dodgers for first base prospect Yordan Alvarez. Here's a quick take.

Yordan Alvarez, 1B: Alvarez is from Cuba; the Dodgers signed him as a free agent this past spring, giving him a $2,000,000 bonus (plus an extra $2,000,000 for exceeding their international signing bonus pool budget). Alvarez has yet to play an official game in Organized Baseball so the Astros are buying the scouting reports.

Said scouting reports indicate an interesting bat. Alvarez is a left-handed hitter, born January 1st, 1997. He was listed at 6-4, 180 a few years ago but his most recent data shows him at 6-5, 220. He's quite strong but apparently has yet to fully tap his power in live games. He's said to have good strike zone judgment, but his range and arm strength limit him to first base.

Overall it is hard to know what the Astros have here until Alvarez takes the field.

Quote:
Astros Promote Yordan Alvarez
JUN 9, 2019

Astros prospect Yordan Alvarez, the minor leagues' home run leader, has been promoted from Triple-A Round Rock and will make his major league debut Sunday against the Orioles.

Alvarez, who turns 22 later this month, will serve as Houston's designated hitter and bat fifth Sunday afternoon against Baltimore right-hander Dylan Bundy.

Quote:
Minor League Stats this year:

56 games
253 PA
.343 avg
.443 obp
.742 slg
1.184 ops
23 hr
71 rbi
38 bb
50 k

This trade didn't turn out well.

No, it did not. At the time I didn't like it because Yordan was a very intriguing prospect with his size and Fields sucked, but it was basically a lottery ticket that unfortunately the astros were able to cash in. I didn't understand the need to give up a player with that kind of potential for Fields. Same with Frankie Montas. Granted, they did get Dick Mountain, but he was the only prospect among the 3 that they traded that I would have liked to have kept, hoping he would be what Yadier Alvarez hasn't been. Sucks, but sometimes these trades come back to bite you.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

Good job noting this.

Bum didn't flip his bat though . . .

LOL, you call what Muncy did a bat flip? Come on now.

And beside, in his interview, Bumgarner said his beef was Muncy walking further than he liked, which is exactly what he did to us.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:

And beside, in his interview, Bumgarner said his beef was Muncy walking further than he liked, which is exactly what he did to us.

I have no dogs in this fight at all. Just saying the two weren't exactly the same . . . and yes, there was a little flip to it, clearly.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

I have no dogs in this fight at all. Just saying the two weren't exactly the same . . . and yes, there was a little flip to it, clearly.

He released the bat in such a way that the barrel of the bat was just above the ground, with the handle loosely hanging from his grip as he pushed it forward as he began to walk.

Whatever that is, it is hardly worth an argument.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:

Lol, not a bat flip man.

This was more of a bat flip and more demonstrative. And yet, we don't see the opposing pitcher going mental over it.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I think bat flips and pitchers getting angry over it makes the game more fun. This game lacks emotions and sometimes it gets boring just watching a clean game.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
I think bat flips and pitchers getting angry over it makes the game more fun. This game lacks emotions and sometimes it gets boring just watching a clean game.

The 'unwritten rules' of baseball really need to go away. So tired of seeing all the bs. I love baseball but I can totally see how it can be 'off-putting' to others.

I remember when Puig was a rookie. He would get flak for running the bases too fast after hitting a home-run. Then they'd get on him for running too slow. I remember one guy barking at him for having the audacity of trying to throw him out from right field on a line drive single (he actually almost got him too).

I just...don't...get it. Why are guys not allowed to show emotion? Hitting a home-run is a pretty difficult thing to do. Let the guy enjoy it so long as he's not pointing at the pitcher and talking junk (though that'd be kinda fun to watch).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Cingrani had labrum surgery and is out for the year.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Just saw the score. Please tell me that Ryu didnt give up all 3 runs.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Our fekking pen blows another one and Ryu lost a decision.... unbelievable.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

He gave up one to Calhoun early. The others were charged to the $%#@$%^# bullpen (Stripling and Floro).
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I've tried giving Kelly the benefit of doubts here hoping he'd get through this but man...I'm done with him.

That 8th inning was just brutal. 2 runs, 3 walks, 3 wild pitches, pick off throwing error...
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Joe (bleep) Kelly he's killing me. That was one of the craziest things I've ever seen. Only on ball put in play and that was a soft chopper. Just incredible. Million dollar arm and a 10 cent head. Get him to MWP's shrink ASAP.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Ok, I've tried giving Kelly the benefit of doubts here hoping he'd get through this but man...I'm done with him.

That 8th inning was just brutal. 2 runs, 3 walks, 3 wild pitches, pick off throwing error...

You forgot 3 strikeouts too. It just makes it worse.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

He gave up one to Calhoun early. The others were charged to the $%#@$%^# bullpen (Stripling and Floro).

In a weird way I am relieved that Ryu was still solid and didn't give the 3 runs. I know the main objective is for the team to win and not about one players stats. However, I feel that a bad game can affect Ryu in a negative way and he can go in to a slump. I want Ryu to keep this up for the team sake and for his individual accomplishment sake.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

Awful showing by Kelly. His stuff is still nasty but the dude is a mess. We have the luxury of time and hopefully by the playoffs he can figure it out but his stuff is def the filthiest on our staff minus maybe Walker,

Oh btw Trout is the goat lol.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
The 'unwritten rules' of baseball really need to go away. So tired of seeing all the bs.

I think every HR...especially the ones crushed should be pimped to a degree, as long as it is within the area of celebrating....just as I think a pitcher should be allowed to do when he makes someone look foolish on a strike 3 breaking ball. I do not think players should be making it personal, taunting, etc. What is the big deal....a Major League Baseball player got the best of you on one pitch....there is really no shame in that every once in a while.

What does the average Joe non-Dodger fan remember the most about Gibson's walk off in the World Series? The arm/fist pump. Let the Kids Play.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

^Girlname Homeless-Collector basically said that after the game. "You know, my god, I can't even say it with a straight face," Bumgarner said. "I was going to say the more I think about it, you've got to just let the kids play, that's what everybody is saying, but ... They want to let everybody be themselves. Let me by myself -- that's me, you know?" he said. "I'd just as soon fight than walk or whatever. You just do your thing, I'll do mine. Everybody is different. I can't speak for everybody else, but that's just how I want to play. And that's how I'm going to."
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
The 'unwritten rules' of baseball really need to go away. So tired of seeing all the bs.

I think every HR...especially the ones crushed should be pimped to a degree, as long as it is within the area of celebrating....just as I think a pitcher should be allowed to do when he makes someone look foolish on a strike 3 breaking ball. I do not think players should be making it personal, taunting, etc. What is the big deal....a Major League Baseball player got the best of you on one pitch....there is really no shame in that every once in a while.

What does the average Joe non-Dodger fan remember the most about Gibson's walk off in the World Series? The arm/fist pump. Let the Kids Play.

It's because baseball and everything surrounding it (media, players, old timers) are a bunch of curmudgeons. I can't wait until these "unwritten rules" fade off in the sunset. (bleep) the mad bum. Like that dudeisn't fist pumping his way into the sunset after a well timed SO.

"Don't show me up bruh!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 68 of 248
Jump to: