2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Kelly must be DFA'ed ASAP, his personal issues aside he has been an utter disaster.

What are his personal issues?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Kelly has to be DFA'ed ASAP, his personal issues aside he has been an utter disaster.

If he were on a 1-year deal, I would agree with you. Maybe they can still get something out of him next year. But for now, he appears hopeless, that's for sure.

Damn your right too much dinero the eat if they cut ties with him now. At least stiffs like League, Brian Wilson and even Romo to a lesser degree had something left before imploding as Dodgers. Kelly has been a bust since opening day with no end in sight.

2 things this FO has been a disaster at doing: signing big money free agents from other teams, and signing International players (Latin America).

Big money Free Agents from other teams
Brandon McCarthy (4 yrs $48M)
Scott Kazmir (3 yrs $48M)
AJ Pollock (5 yrs $55M)
Joe Kelly (3 yrs $25M)

Other signings that didn't work out (not big money though)
Sergio Romo (1 yr $3M)
Tom Koehler (1 yr $2M)

Latin America player signings

Yadier Alveraz Cuba $16.0M
Yusniel Diaz Cuba $15.5M
Omar Estevez Cuba $ 6.0M
Ronnie Brito DR $ 2.0M
Starling Heredia DR $ 2.6M
Oneil Cruz DR $950K
Carlos Rincon DR $350K
Damaso Marte DR $300K
Luis Rodriguez VE $62.5K
Ramon Rosso DR $62K
Aldo Espinoza NI $50K

Hector Olivera (6 yrs $62.5M)
Yasiel Sierra (6 yrs $30M)

I'm sure I'm missing quite a few names. Here's a quote from 2015

"The Dodgers spent about $96 million, according to major-league sources — about $48 million on bonuses and another $48 million in penalties for exceeding their bonus pool"
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Kelly has to be DFA'ed ASAP, his personal issues aside he has been an utter disaster.

If he were on a 1-year deal, I would agree with you. Maybe they can still get something out of him next year. But for now, he appears hopeless, that's for sure.

Damn your right too much dinero the eat if they cut ties with him now. At least stiffs like League, Brian Wilson and even Romo to a lesser degree had something left before imploding as Dodgers. Kelly has been a bust since opening day with no end in sight.

Yeah, the fact that he has a 4 year deal makes it tough to just cut ties with him. Seems like they're trying to put him in the lowest leverage situations as possible in hopes to slowly build up his confidence.

It's crazy because his stuff doesn't look that bad...he just keeps finding contact.

But I feel you gotta stick with him for now. Remember Baez was an utter train wreck for 2 full seasons and now he's become one of our 'somewhat' trusted guys. I always say relievers are finnicky and, who knows, he could become lights out before the end of year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Yeah, the fact that he has a 4 year deal makes it tough to just cut ties with him. Seems like they're trying to put him in the lowest leverage situations as possible in hopes to slowly build up his confidence.

It's crazy because his stuff doesn't look that bad...he just keeps finding contact.

But I feel you gotta stick with him for now. Remember Baez was an utter train wreck for 2 full seasons and now he's become one of our 'somewhat' trusted guys. I always say relievers are finnicky and, who knows, he could become lights out before the end of year.

Kelly has a 3 yr $25M deal
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Kelly has a 3 yr $25M deal

I was mad when we signed him. Look at his career statistically and you'll see hes had maybe 2 good years in like 8? We literally signed him based off 1 playoff.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Outside of hit for average, hit for power, hit to the opposite field, take a walk, run like the wind, throw, and field, what else can Belli do?

A great catch from yesterday

he’s in MVP mode.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Will Smith gets his first career hit. Way to go kid!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Bellinger with an Ichiro-like laser to 3rd.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dodgers/comments/btve85/cody_james_bellinger_with_the_throw_to_third_base/

Damn. This dude man...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject:

The Dodgers aren't going to win the World Series with this bullpen as is. Perhaps Julio Urias in the 'pen come playoff time will make a big difference, but even with him, they need to do something. For a 36-19 team, it's a glaring weakness.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Dodgers aren't going to win the World Series with this bullpen as is. Perhaps Julio Urias in the 'pen come playoff time will make a big difference, but even with him, they need to do something. For a 36-19 team, it's a glaring weakness.

It's always something with this team. Last 2 years it was the bullpen that got us through (more 2 years ago than last year) but our starting pitching was shaky. This year we have excellent production from our starting rotation but our bullpen is just screwing it up.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Last team to make 3 consecutive WS was the late 90's Yankees, huh? Has any team lost 2 and come back for a 3rd (win or lose)?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

Did Kelly grow out his hair while he was out?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1133539661828284416
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

*bump*

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Wow.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Comeback of the ages but Redturn2 might be hurt again (hammy).
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

What a game! I’ll say it...Will Smith is ready for the majors. Love this kid! Beaty too!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Last team to make 3 consecutive WS was the late 90's Yankees, huh? Has any team lost 2 and come back for a 3rd (win or lose)?

My only concern is only the bullpen. The Dodgers have proven my concerns have been overblown. They could very well make the World Series again. It kinda feels like 2017 except maybe this time they could finally finish the job.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

There’s still a long way to go, but I’m hoping for an Astros WS rematch with no Darvish this time.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

There’s still a long way to go, but I’m hoping for an Astros WS rematch with no Darvish this time.

Make it so!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
What a game! I’ll say it...Will Smith is ready for the majors. Love this kid! Beaty too!

If they just let Smith catch every postseason game, I'd be willing to bet everything I own that he could post a better batting average than Grandal's postseason average as a Dodger. They could probably just go with a tandem of Smith and Ruiz and be better off.

Great comeback win tonight, but the bullpen gave up 3 more runs. It's a major issue.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Astros, Twins, Yankees are the 3 best teams in the AL. I'd like to face as weak a team as possible.

How about a Red Sox rematch?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

If they just let Smith catch every postseason game, I'd be willing to bet everything I own that he could post a better batting average than Grandal's postseason average as a Dodger. They could probably just go with a tandem of Smith and Ruiz and be better off.

Great comeback win tonight, but the bullpen gave up 3 more runs. It's a major issue.

What about Barnes? He's playing decent this year.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Looks like it was a great game last night. Didn't get to see it so I had to settle for a youtube highlight. Sucks.

Would you guys rate last nights game ahead of the 4 home runs in the 9th with a walk off home run in the 10th game vs the Padres?
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

My only concern is only the bullpen. The Dodgers have proven my concerns have been overblown. They could very well make the World Series again. It kinda feels like 2017 except maybe this time they could finally finish the job.

I'm fairly certain our FO will make a few deadline deals to bolster the pen. Whether they work out or not though...

But yeah, other than the pen, I really see no weakness with this team. We get down, we manage to come back. And Seager, Turner and co really haven't hit their stride yet.

And I know a lot of people like to rag on our FO regarding our FA signings, but think about the fact that last night we had 3 rookies in the lineup along with our starter is in his 2nd year. Just amazing work at stockpiling our farm with pure talent.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I'm fairly certain our FO will make a few deadline deals to bolster the pen. Whether they work out or not though...

But yeah, other than the pen, I really see no weakness with this team. We get down, we manage to come back. And Seager, Turner and co really haven't hit their stride yet.

And I know a lot of people like to rag on our FO regarding our FA signings, but think about the fact that last night we had 3 rookies in the lineup along with our starter is in his 2nd year. Just amazing work at stockpiling our farm with pure talent.

Yeah, the FO does really good work in some areas (i.e. drafting and picking up hidden gems like Taylor, Muncy, etc).

And they've been horrible at signing big money players from other teams and international signings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 62 of 248
Jump to: