Its clear who the starters should be
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fusuyballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Its clear who the starters should be

How does this organization keep justifying starting Ingram over Kuzma? Lebron needs shooters and scorers around him. It makes no sense to start BI when he cannot consistency hit that wing shot and he does not have the offensive versatility as Kuzma.

This game was clear that Kuzma is just 2nd most talented offensive player behind Lebron. He needs to start and establish himself NOW!

Lonzo
Hart
Lebron
Kuzma
McGee

These should be your starters. Rondo is perfect to come off the bench because he can be a steady force on the 2nd unit --- keeping those guys in line. However, what you do not want is Rondo demanding the ball and stunting the growth of Kuzma or the chemistry (quick decision making, shooting, and playmaking) of a lineup of Lonzo, Hart, Lebron, and Kuzma.

Furthermore, Hart has shown himself to be the overall better player than
KCP.

This is not an overreaction, this is obvious.

This BI love fest has to stop. BI is not a player that fits into the flow of a starting offense. He does not shoot consistency enough and he does not play with an offensive skill set that keep the offense flowing.. Why do we need BI starting when he just puts his head down or play at a slow pace and slows down Lebron and co?

Think about it. It's clear as day that Kuzma makes us a bigger threat on the side of Lebron..and it makes more sense to start Lonzo.

That's my rant.

Let Kuzma develop into what he's suppose to be.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject:

One of the benefits of the suspension.

That is our best lineup IMO.

Also shows how lethal we would have been with Julius when they had Williams in there in OT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Agreed

Lonzo
Hart
Bron
Kuzma
McGee

Should be the starting lineup
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Agree this is the best lineup
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Cool.. an Ingram vs Kuz thread.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Was pretty much about to post this, as well as welcoming our new 2nd unit defensive center, Mr. Jonathan Williams!!

Thanks for the memories KCP, there is no longer any debate between him and Hart.

BI can feast on the 2nd unit opposition, and I am ambivalent about Rondo/Lonzo starting. Rondo still is a better decision maker, passer, and I still trust his outside shot more, but Lonzo is better defensively, on the boards, and if he can keep up the efficient volume 3's, then it will make it harder to start Rondo.

Awesome game.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I think BI should continue to start. Then go with either one in crunch time, depending on the matchup. BI is the better defender, Kuz is the better scorer.
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Bonehead move BI, when you are competing with a g0damn superstar for minutes and the starting slot!
Hellspawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
I think BI should continue to start. Then go with either one in crunch time, depending on the matchup. BI is the better defender, Kuz is the better scorer.

Yes but Kuzma synergizes better with LBJ. That is the key.
You Look Like AC Green
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Maybe BI will step up his scoring and quit the ball-watching if he's riding the pine on the second unit.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Wow so quick to change. Well if you like 40 point quarters, I guess.kuz couldn't stop anyone. And only heated up one game and yet BI is shooting 52%...hmm...the problem is KCP
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

They should trade Ingram now while there’s still some fools out there that think he can become the next star. This kid ain’t it. I know a star when I see one and it’s not him.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
They should trade Ingram now while there’s still some fools out there that think he can become the next star. This kid ain’t it. I know a star when I see one and it’s not him.

Damn my bad jerry west
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
I hope you don't think Kuz is one. Cause I see a better JC for him. He can only play better with great players. His defense for sure is some of the worst and has actually regressed.

Also, he's only had 28 minutes on average. And is shooting way better than Kuz, except 3. Magic, Pelinka, and others think he can be. So..there opinion matters.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

ingram for kcp

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Lebron
Mcgee
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
ingram for kcp

Lonzo
Ingram
Kuzma
Lebron
Mcgee

That's the starting line up I've been suggesting.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
NotHype wrote:
I hope you don't think Kuz is one. Cause I see a better JC for him. He can only play better with great players. His defense for sure is some of the worst and has actually regressed.

Also, he's only had 28 minutes on average. And is shooting way better than Kuz, except 3. Magic, Pelinka, and others think he can be. So..there opinion matters.

Josh Hart has the best upside of all these kids. Only downside, he’s already 23 years old. Still, the kid is a better player than Ingram and Kuzma.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
NotHype wrote:

Josh Hart has the best upside of all these kids. Only downside, he’s already 23 years old. Still, the kid is a better player than Ingram and Kuzma.

he's not a good overall defender. not even average really.
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
NotHype wrote:

He can actually shoot the ball and put it on the floor and is a great finisher at the rim. Ingram will never be a good shooter, you heard it here first.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Kuz was great tonight. But the following is still true:

- Kuzma can play the 4/5 (though I don't love him at center), Ingram lacks the strength to play either position effectively. If you move Kuzma into the starting lineup, you now have a larger logjam for the backup small forward minutes. I suppose you can start him at shooting guard but a strong argument can also be made for Josh Hart starting at shooting guard.

- Ingram is a much better defender than Kuzma.

- Kuzma didn't look great in the preseason or the first two regular season games. He came in shooting 35.7% from the field and 16.7% from 3.

- Kuzma is a -29 in the first three games of this season. Tonight was his best game in that regard at -3. Ingram is a +3.

Kuzma was great tonight, but nothing from those first two games screamed that he was outplaying Ingram and deserving a starting spot. If he strings together some games and the Lakers start winning while Ingram is suspended then maybe he earns the starting job. His willingness to shoot the three would be the best argument for it imo.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
NotHype wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
NotHype wrote:

He can actually shoot the ball and put it on the floor and is a great finisher at the rim. Ingram will never be a good shooter, you heard it here first.

Oh maaan!!! He knows stars when he sees em and he can declare people’s careers. Wow!!!! Get this guy into the hall of fame
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Even though Ingram creates his own shot (and for others) a bit better, Kuzma is a far better shooter, cutter, and fit for the offense.

Of course, Ingram will start regardless to try and force chemistry/keep his trade value up (like Sixers with Fultz). The FO should consider packaging Ingram, the 2019 pick, and whatever rookie contracts are needed to make the salaries match if a good young defensive big becomes available (other than Capela). Otherwise, no perimeter player is signing here next summer and LeBron may as well go to Chicago for Parker + Lopez + picks after we throw the max at Cousins.

This team can't make the playoffs as constructed but that's probably for another thread. Waiting until the deadline to pick up a big may be too late to make a run at anything other than a low seed.

Also apologies to MJST, dcarter4kobe, BVH, anpherknee, VLF & others, we needed Lopez and/or Randle, this isn't gonna work
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Kuz was great tonight. But the following is still true:

- Kuzma can play the 4/5 (though I don't love him at center), Ingram lacks the strength to play either position effectively. If you move Kuzma into the starting lineup, you now have a larger logjam for the backup small forward minutes. I suppose you can start him at shooting guard but a strong argument can also be made for Josh Hart starting at shooting guard.

- Ingram is a much better defender than Kuzma.

- Kuzma didn't look great in the preseason or the first two regular season games. He came in shooting 35.7% from the field and 16.7% from 3.

- Kuzma is a -29 in the first three games of this season. Tonight was his best game in that regard at -3. Ingram is a +3.

Kuzma was great tonight, but nothing from those first two games screamed that he was outplaying Ingram and deserving a starting spot. If he strings together some games and the Lakers start winning while Ingram is suspended then maybe he earns the starting job. His willingness to shoot the three would be the best argument for it imo.
I agree completely, he doesn't deserve it. One good game does not equal starting job. It's not like he hasn't played with LeBron and some of the starters this whole 3 games. I would argue his +/- definitely must be because of his poor defense. I get that he wants to be better but texting Luke and saying it won't happen again and then getting blown by and scored on doesn't equal not happening again.
If he strings together games like this then there is an argument but if KCP starts that's 2 - defenders with Kuz and KCP. And arguably a third with LeBron. He's 33 and is more Kobe Free safety at that age than man defender
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
Wow so quick to change. Well if you like 40 point quarters, I guess.kuz couldn't stop anyone. And only heated up one game and yet BI is shooting 52%...hmm...the problem is KCP

It's not like the defense was stopping anyone with BI starting. I don't want to put him down to prop up Kuz, but Kuz is just a better fit next to LeBron. Kuz is just a naturally aggressive scorer, (yes, often too aggressive) is a better catch and shoot player, isn't iso heavy, doesn't need to pound the ball and just spaces the offense better. Plus Kuz plays better with Lonzo. It's just all about fit.

But I do agree the problem is KCP. The only reason I think he is starting is because he's a vet and Luke likes a strong bench. But the gap between KCP and Hart has become too large to ignore. Hart should start.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Trade KCP to the Pelicans for Julius Randle. Thoughts? =)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
Jump to: