Positivity thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Positivity thread

Decided to post this because it is needed. So many are ready to trade this guy, bench that guy, we suck, etc. I have no idea how well we will do but just for reference how amazing did Miami Heat play there first 20? I bet it was just as bad. That was with two superstars and arguably a star and they had to figure it all out.

How does Luke coach, slower than most, yes. But once the offense is implemented? Did we not have top 5 in pace and battled good teams, like we are already?

This wasn't going to be a fast turnaround guys...it never was. Look at most teams that have 5-7 different guys. Look at Boston for that matter they are a 1-2, OKC is 0-3 like us. And we've demonstrated in spurts how amazing this team could be.

Also, I didn't see the turnover numbers but they seem really low for a team with 5-7 new players. They all need time to gel. This was never going to be an overnight we are contenders thing. The young guns have never played with a star before, give them time to adjust.
We will get there.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Nice thread, sometimes there was moments I even forgot BI and Rondo were on the team during the game.. and both of those guys can play like a star at any given night.. there is no doubt in my mind we will go on multiple double digit win streaks at some point this season.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

We should get to see Wagner soon. Yay.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, all this doom and gloom over 3 games, that we were in each one. Even came back down 18 in this so..we must not be too far off. Not to mention hard schedule to begin season...when is the last time Lakers started away on home opener? I can't recall. Usually it is here. Seriously, the refs aren't calling things here, as they did for LeBron back in Cleveland. The NBA scheduler has us with tough games to start, and yet we were in each one despite bad calls and people going off on us, yet we were right there each game as a unit.

Shore up the defense, start Hart over KCP and get Rondo (who was playing great) and Ingram who just needs time he isn't shooting horribly, just needs to acclimate a bit.

Like I said we will get there.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually happy with the play from our young guys considering how they've been managed by the coaching staff.

We've been ultra competitive. Once the defense gets better we'll start pulling out these tight ones.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I'm actually happy with the play from our young guys considering how they've been managed by the coaching staff.

We've been ultra competitive. Once the defense gets better we'll start pulling out these tight ones.
to jump on that note. The coaching staff teaches differently than others. The reason why everyone is jumping on Luke is the offense. But...he hasn't really instilled one. He plays the long game. He has done this every year that he's been a coach. Teach one play or 2 at a time, by seasons end they look better. He is a lot slower at making personnel changes but...he will have them ready when you think about it minimal offense and scoring 100 plus every game...that is very telling of the potential on this team.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Good point..
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Good point..
thanks, too many expect us to be 3-0 could we have been? Sure. We weren't that far from it. Was in each game till the end. Some costly errors, turnovers, dumb mistakes, cost us those games. And that's without an actual offense implemented. We will be fine, guys. It will turnaround.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject:

Great comeback today in the 4th.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

I knew we werent out even down 18. Unfortunately we couldn’t get the job done.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject:

Our Lakers are playing hard, which is a positive. The other side of that is that our Lakers seem to be playing too hard, while it seems the other teams are just playing regularly. I notice that, especially against San Antonio. It seems we have to fight, struggle and press on every possession while our opponents are just cruising by, casually running their offense, and playing defense. Everything for us seems to be a struggle.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

I'm not worried at all after those 3 games
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

I agree with everything said on this thread (so far).
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

We were always going to take time and the schedule to start the season was rough. 0-3 is not surprising nor a big deal.

We'll steadily progress as we learn how to play with each other and optimize the roster and by March we'll be really good.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

I'm not worried...just upset cuz I'm so hyped for this team and season...maybe too much. On a bright note I'm going to the Laker practice today at 11:00 cuz my friend works for Canon and they have a contract with Staples...one of the perks is going to practice once or twice a year.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
I agree with everything said on this thread (so far).

Me too 0 and 3 sucks But they have been in every game and we played against three very good teams I'm standing by my prediction of 50 wins.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

I'm not worried because the worst thing that can happen is that we miss the playoffs and add a lotto pick and a top free agent next season, while the young guys improve and we shed KCP/Beasley and Lance if they play poorly this year.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

1. Transition offense

Nothing good to say about anything else.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

We would’ve easily beat SA last night if BI and Rondo hadn’t sat out. We’ll be fine. We do need to pickup at least one dead eye shooter if we want to get anywhere in the playoffs.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

These games have been highly entertaining. Just haven't had the right ending yet, but it's coming. Also really glad Lonzo's gotten off to a good shooting start.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
We would’ve easily beat SA last night if BI and Rondo hadn’t sat out. We’ll be fine. We do need to pickup at least one dead eye shooter if we want to get anywhere in the playoffs.

Would love to get Lou Will back

Even nick young would help, in spite of the negative image he has on this board. I think the vets would be able to keep him in check.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

79 games to go so the season is over...jk

Lakers have been as advertised, they have a ton of firepower despite being mediocre from the 3 pt line (expected)

They have no backup center (expected)

They don't defend and lack cohesion at times (expected at this stage)

Lakers have been tested by 3 veteran teams with continuity for the most part. I'm not worried because they could be 2-1 or even 3-0 with a couple breaks.

But the holes on this roster are clear as day and a lot of that is on the front office for how team was constructed.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I'm not worried because the worst thing that can happen is that we miss the playoffs and add a lotto pick and a top free agent next season, while the young guys improve and we shed KCP/Beasley and Lance if they play poorly this year.

Big picture wise you are correct. Let's face facts, this isn't a championship team, if that is your ultimate goal. Though making the playoffs and being entertaining does provide value at this point when you've been bad for 5 seasons in a row.

A lottery pick would be a very valuable asset, but the media would clown them so hard for missing the playoffs.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

The 2017 class was such a godsend.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

it's nice to go to tankathon website and not have to worry about odds of keeping pick this year

every L matters
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: