WWE Unversial Champion diagnosed with leukemia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: WWE Unversial Champion diagnosed with leukemia

I know we have a few wrestling fans on here.

Quote:
Roman Reigns opened this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw wearing casual clothing, the Universal championship over his shoulder. With reports going around that he was injured, it seemed he may be coming out to confirm as much.

Instead, he dropped a bombshell, announcing that for the past 11 years he’s been living with leukemia and it’s back. Because of that, he is relinquishing the Universal championship, going home, and focusing on his health.

“I will beat this, I will be back, and you will see me very, very soon,” he said.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/10/22/18011982/roman-reigns-leukemia-wwe-raw
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Just read this
https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe-star-roman-reigns-announces-he-has-leukemia-relinquishes-universal-title-on-raw/

What a powerful man..
Quote:

"That's all lies and it's a lie because the reality is my name is Joe and I've been living with leukemia for 11 years and unfortunately it's back," Anoa'i said. "Because the leukemia is back, I can't fulfill my role. I can't be that fighting champion and I'm going to have to relinquish the universal championship. I'm not going to lie, I'll take every prayer you can send my way but I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm not looking for you to feel bad for me because I have faith."

"Sometimes life throws you a curveball and the best thing for me to do is to go home and focus on my health," Anoa'i said. "But I want to make one thing clear: By no means is this a retirement speech because after I'm done whupping leukemia's ass, I'm coming back home. And when I do, it's not going to be about titles and being on top, it's about a purpose.

-------------------------------

Serious Pedigree too
Quote:

Anoa'i comes from a royal pro wrestling family of Samoan heritage. Along with being cousins with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, he's the son of WWE Hall of Famer Sika of the Wild Samoans and the brother for former WWE superstar Rosey, who died in 2017. Anoa'i, whose given first name is Leati, is also cousins with The Usos, Rikishi, The Tonga Kid and the late Yokozuna and Umaga.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I don't like Roman Reigns the character but I love and respect Roman the man. Kick cancer's ass, Roman.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Prayers going up!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Prayers going up!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Don't watch WWE as much as I used to, but I know Roman Reigns isn't exactly a crowd favorite, but you gotta respect him as a performer and realize what horrible news this is. The WWE fraternity and fans will definitely rally around him for this battle.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject:

That sucks to hear, RR is one of my favorites from the current gen. I’m praying he comes out victorious.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

Hope he gets well.

I remember the fans chanting stuff like "F you Roman!" back when he beat the Undertaker.

He was taking a lot of (bleep) from the fans meanwhile his brother was dying and he was dealing with leukemia.

Stupid smarks forget that wrestlers are human, too. SMH
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Hope he gets well.

I remember the fans chanting stuff like "F you Roman!" back when he beat the Undertaker.

He was taking a lot of (bleep) from the fans meanwhile his brother was dying and he was dealing with leukemia.

Saw those kind of smarks in The Wrestler the other day on satellite. USE HIS LEG!, USE HIS LEG!
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Hope he gets well.

Never understood the hate for the man. Keep in mind too the venom some of us have been spewing at Chris Paul.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Hammett wrote:
Hope he gets well.

Never understood the hate for the man. Keep in mind too the venom some of us have been spewing at Chris Paul.

Cause he sucks in the ring and on the mic. Delivers a lot of corny lines. And Vince is pushing that type of guy to the moon as his new golden boy.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject:

Sounds like Roman just needs to go off script if he ever does come back....it worked for the Rock and Stone Cold....but then again they had good mic skills.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Hammett wrote:
Hope he gets well.

Roman is an average wrestler who got a big time push because he looks the part. The smarks just think its unfair as compared to some other wrestler who is better technically, paid his dues but might not look like a monster, e.g. A J Styles or Kevin Owens.

That being said, I agree that the hate is ridiculous. Wrestling is a business and to a large extent the look of a wrestler determines whether butts are put into seats. Causals far outnumber hard core fans. Further, Roman had little to no control over the WWE's decision to give him a massive push. It was Vince's decision to elevate him quickly to the title picture and as one of the faces of the company. What is Roman supposed to do, tell Vince thanks but I want to pay my dues first?

If there is to be any hate, it should be directed to the right target - Vince - rather than Roman.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: