Positive thoughts about the season ahead of us

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Positive thoughts about the season ahead of us

I am purposely avoiding every single thread on LG because of the toxicity that comes with a loss, but how about we get a positive thread going. What are you optimistic about going into the rest of the season?

What I think is, Hart is going to be an essential part of this team for a large part of this season. His help defense is nice along with his outside shooting and aggressiveness going to the rack

Luke will figure out what role Kuzma fits in best, I'm sure. We all see he doesn't fit the 5 spot, but a guy like Luke sees many steps ahead of what we do. People seem forget what kind of BBIQ he had as a player. Luke has been saying he will experiment and Kuz will for sure get a role that fits him best later into the season.

Lonzo, while passive, has great instinct and can easily mold into many types of offensive schemes thrown at him. Not worried at all. His willingness to shoot is something I'm glad to see (unlike some guys we see in Philly). He showed he was willing to take charge and as a young player, missing a shot or taking matters into his own hands is hard to do with someone like LeBron on the court with you. I love how the youngins aren't afraid to make plays for themselves without resorting to letting LeBron handle all the tough work.

The Javale signing wasn't well received throughout many fans, but he's proven to be a big ++ on the defensive end and as a rim running/rolling big.

So, while this forum is filled with toxicity after a loss, lets try to keep level-headed and support every single one of our players (yes, Lance too!)
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject:

So many of you overreact negatively, but how about overreact about our players that play well for once?
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject:

AKA the "RichD you're not allowed here" thread...
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Positive thoughts about the season ahead of us

818fan wrote:
I am purposely avoiding every single thread on LG because of the toxicity that comes with a loss, but how about we get a positive thread going. What are you optimistic about going into the rest of the season?

What I think is, Hart is going to be an essential part of this team for a large part of this season. His help defense is nice along with his outside shooting and aggressiveness going to the rack

Luke will figure out what role Kuzma fits in best, I'm sure. We all see he doesn't fit the 5 spot, but a guy like Luke sees many steps ahead of what we do. People seem forget what kind of BBIQ he had as a player. Luke has been saying he will experiment and Kuz will for sure get a role that fits him best later into the season.

Lonzo, while passive, has great instinct and can easily mold into many types of offensive schemes thrown at him. Not worried at all. His willingness to shoot is something I'm glad to see (unlike some guys we see in Philly). He showed he was willing to take charge and as a young player, missing a shot or taking matters into his own hands is hard to do with someone like LeBron on the court with you. I love how the youngins aren't afraid to make plays for themselves without resorting to letting LeBron handle all the tough work.

The Javale signing wasn't well received throughout many fans, but he's proven to be a big ++ on the defensive end and as a rim running/rolling big.

So, while this forum is filled with toxicity after a loss, lets try to keep level-headed and support every single one of our players (yes, Lance too!)

I thought he was our best free agent acquisition, you could check my history if you'd like.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject:

It's going to be a successful, fun and exciting season in Laker Land; MUCH better than the last few debacles. GO LAKERS!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject:

It's not going to be a perfect season, but we can win every game. LETS GO!
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:

Lebron played average, everyone else besides Hart played below average, we shot the ball like absolute garbage even for "not great shooting" standards, and Portland brought their A+ game at home. Despite that, we stuck with them all the way to the end. That's not bad for a team that's never played a game together. Sometimes you lose to good teams on the road. It happens.

That being said, no amount of positive thoughts can block out Luke's horrible rotations.

Last edited by awntawn on Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject:

Just needed a game to figure things out. 81-1.
ZoTimeLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

I think it says a lot about the way that the game seemed to feel like we were out of it for so long and yet we were still there with a chance at the end. After Lonzo's 3 to cut it to 101-100, I found myself thinking, "How are we still in this?" The entire game felt discontinuous but you could see that when it clicks, it's going to be scary for the opposition.

There's plenty that needs to be figured out both rotation-wise and players' feel for each other. How many times was a pass thrown directly out of bounds over a time that player A thought player B was going to pop instead of roll or cut instead of shaping up? I'm fairly confident now that this is going to be an entertaining and very competitive team. The defense was bad for most of the night but there were several possessions that you could see the potential. Portland's just in a much better spot to start this year than we are, especially going on the road to their place.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
Lebron played average, everyone else besides Hart played below average, we shot the ball like absolute garbage even for "not great shooting" standards, and Portland brought their A+ game at home. Despite that, we stuck with them all the way to the end. That's not bad for a team that's never played a game together. Sometimes you lose to good teams on the road. It happens.

That being said, no amount of positive thoughts can block out Luke's horrible rotations.

I woudn't say A+ but it was a game that we would lose most of the time : we are a new team, never win in Portland, Blazers players are used to play together (reminder : they were almost a 50W team last season), LeBron teams almost always start slowly, Zo is rusty...
Once we've played 10 or 15 games, once Luke finds what are the best rotations, we'll be fine. We won't be a great rebounding team, we won't be the best 3pt shootong team, but we won't be outrebounded by 10 every game and we certainly won't shoot 23% from 3 all season. Ingram and LeBron shooting 0% and Kuz shooting 12% from 3 is not something you'll see often...
Sure this team has flaws, but hitting the panic button right now is stupid...
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:

His rotations weren't ideal, and they never really have been, but I actually believe Rondo and LeBron are vocal enough to let coach know who should be in at what time. In many situations, you don't want your players telling your coach what to do, but Rondo and Bron's BBIQ is next level and they're not the type to hold back their feelings. I just hope Rondo is humble enough to know that Lonzo is the better point guard at times and possibly even sub himself out for the better man, which I find unlikely within almost every NBA player. He does seem to be humble in preseason interviews,though, where he says he's not only teaching these young guys like Lonzo, but he also is trying to learn whatever he can from them.

On another note, I would love Lonzo to step up and be a leader when it comes to defense. He sees the floor better than almost everyone of our players, but seems a bit too reluctant in terms of speaking out. This is purely based off my assumptions so don't flame me. I wan't to see Lonzo call out the vets and hold them accountable which is something Luke has been preaching.

I noticed today, Bron played some bad defense down in the paint and J Hart knew it. If it was someone like Kuz or BI he would've noticeably reacted and said something, but he's definitely not going to let Bron know he messed up.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/1053221925332402177
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

Takes a while to build the chemistry. It's expected to have a rough start, but I'm happy with what I saw.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Positive thoughts about the season ahead of us

diando wrote:
818fan wrote:

I thought he was our best free agent acquisition, you could check my history if you'd like.

I've wanted him for two years now...check my history

Last edited by VicXLakers on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/1053221925332402177

๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: