Magic Johnson on First Take
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Maybe he saw this

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/9p9hvp/wojnarowski_i_know_mike_schmitz_still_feels_that/

We can't get 'em all right (Schmitz was also a Bender-stan).
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
For as much talk there is about trading Ingram and him not finishing games by LG posters, the FO and coaching staff is always on the other side . Keep sleeping tho

I'm looking forward to Lonzo breaking Magic's assists records and having his jersey retired in Staples. Oh, and BI averaging 20 ppg.

Are you as certain as you were when you said “Bye Ingram” in a thread that asked which young core member gets traded this offseason?

What I wish for the Lakers and what I expect to happen don't always align.

Also, I appreciate the non sequitur.

It’s a good thing it doesn’t align cos you thought Dragan Bender was a better prospect than BI, you even went as far wanting to swap those two plus picks

Everytime somebody says something good about Ingram doesn’t need to spark an “I told you so” attack on those who have ever been critical of him.

Dude, Baron and I go way back. My comment wasn’t in no way shape or form an “I told you so” attack, I was just ribbing on him like I do a few posters on here that I’m cordial with. You are definitely not one of them.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Maybe he saw this

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/9p9hvp/wojnarowski_i_know_mike_schmitz_still_feels_that/

He’s gotta be willing to shoot a lot more for that to matter. I doubt there’s a GM in the NBA who’d take Ingram over Simmons.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
For as much talk there is about trading Ingram and him not finishing games by LG posters, the FO and coaching staff is always on the other side . Keep sleeping tho

I'm looking forward to Lonzo breaking Magic's assists records and having his jersey retired in Staples. Oh, and BI averaging 20 ppg.

Are you as certain as you were when you said “Bye Ingram” in a thread that asked which young core member gets traded this offseason?

It’s a good thing it doesn’t align cos you thought Dragan Bender was a better prospect than BI, you even went as far wanting to swap those two plus picks

Everytime somebody says something good about Ingram doesn’t need to spark an “I told you so” attack on those who have ever been critical of him.

Dude, Baron and I go way back. My comment wasn’t in no way shape or form an “I told you so” attack, I was just ribbing on him like I do a few posters on here that I’m cordial with. You are definitely not one of them.

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Look at the first post of the thread man. Maybe I should’ve quoted that instead of the train. I had no idea we weren’t cordial.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Maybe he saw this

He’s gotta be willing to shoot a lot more for that to matter. I doubt there’s a GM in the NBA who’d take Ingram over Simmons.

Didn’t Zach Lowe say that people in the NBA like BI more then Simmons?
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

here’s to hoping Dragen doesn’t become a complete bust and to Brandon having a breakout season. I’d still take Lonzo and Markkanen over those two

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

KOC on BI and Simmons

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/80g1h7/oconnor_brandon_ingram_is_rolling_a_few_execs/
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Look at the first post of the thread man. Maybe I should’ve quoted that instead of the train. I had no idea we weren’t cordial.

My bad fam, I read your post wrong. Aye, I’m cordial with anyone that’s a laker fan. Baron and I do go way back tho so yeah.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

here’s to hoping Dragen doesn’t become a complete bust and to Brandon having a breakout season. I’d still take Lonzo and Markkanen over those two

Man, we need one of these top picks to shoot shoot. I have faith in BI and Zo getting it done in time, but hopefully starting tonight
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KOC on BI and Simmons

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/80g1h7/oconnor_brandon_ingram_is_rolling_a_few_execs/

Thank you for the link. I respectfully disagree with Vlade's talent evaluation.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Same here brother, good thing our lower picks are panning out. Or sh*t would’ve definitely hit the fan. At the end of the day tho we got Lebron, all is well in Lakerland this season cos we got him lol

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Listening to Magic gives me jitters, I cant wait for tonight's game!
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Magic just oozes confidence. He is fully aware of where we are and where we are going. From day one, him and Rob set a plan and everything that they said they were gonna do, is coming into fruition. He understands that we are much better and that there is more work to do. He also knows that him and Rob will get it done. I do t know how fans can look at Magic and listen to him talk and not feel a sense of calm, patience and confidence that he knows what he's doing. Not allow these blowhards on TV ( Charles Barkley) try to convince you that Magic doesn't know what he's doing. Magic has the Midas Touch and this season is the start of something BIG!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Magic just buttering up the Cs....we gonna cook them in the finals tbh...

2020 finals
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Magic just oozes confidence. He is fully aware of where we are and where we are going. From day one, him and Rob set a plan and everything that they said they were gonna do, is coming into fruition. He understands that we are much better and that there is more work to do. He also knows that him and Rob will get it done. I do t know how fans can look at Magic and listen to him talk and not feel a sense of calm, patience and confidence that he knows what he's doing. Not allow these blowhards on TV ( Charles Barkley) try to convince you that Magic doesn't know what he's doing. Magic has the Midas Touch and this season is the start of something BIG!

Yeah, the guy is a flat out winner... he turns teams into winners no matter what he does.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking forward to Lonzo breaking Magic's assists records

I guess it's 4:20 somewhere.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Comparing BI with Ben Simmons? I’m a homer as they come but are you kidding me? I’d take Simmons 20 out of 10 times. There’s nothing in BI’s game as of now that warrant the praises Magic and some fans here are giving to him. The guy can’t shoot midrange or three, taking way too long to release his jumpshots. He is a poor finisher due to his lack of strength. not aggressive in the court on both ends. The only thing this guy has is his physique and length, but that all on paper, I just don’t see any of those transpired into his game on the court yet.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I'm looking forward to Lonzo breaking Magic's assists records

I guess it's 4:20 somewhere.

Magic took the first toke:
Quote:
"Just leave me one or two records, OK?" Magic told Lonzo with a grin. "Don't break all my records. I asked your grandfather, 'Just let him leave me one.'"

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Comparing BI with Ben Simmons? I’m a homer as they come but are you kidding me? I’d take Simmons 20 out of 10 times. There’s nothing in BI’s game as of now that warrant the praises Magic and some fans here are giving to him. The guy can’t shoot midrange or three, taking way too long to release his jumpshots. He is a poor finisher due to his lack of strength. not aggressive in the court on both ends. The only thing this guy has is his physique and length, but that all on paper, I just don’t see any of those transpired into his game on the court yet.

So we shouldn’t take what executives say seriously? I know Simmons has great talent but Ingram still isn’t developed that is why NBA peers are raving about him plus it looks like Simmons is the same player from last year.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

That wasn't particularly true last season as he hit over 67% of his shots at the rim while still a wire-thin rookie. He should continue to improve there as he gets older, and if he can hit 75-80% of his FTs going forward, he'll be earning a lot of "three pointers the old fashioned way" with how physical he is at attacking defenders. The kid legitimately loves contact.

But Simmons is clearly superior and Ingram needs to shoot and defend a lot better this season to even think of catching up with Ben. Also, there's no shame in BI not being as good as Ben Simmons. Ingram can develop into a damn good to great player in his own right.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Many scouts and executives prefer BI over Simmons

If you watch Simmons play its easy to put him in a bad position and make his affect on the game minimal. BI!!!!! he can really do everything that Simmons can but I think his freakish length is what puts him in front.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Many scouts and executives prefer BI over Simmons

Link?

??

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/Clarence_Williams_III_Mod_Squad_1971.JPG/220px-Clarence_Williams_III_Mod_Squad_1971.JPG

Bwahahahaha
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

So there!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: