D'Angelo Russell thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

You never hear anything about people associated with the Nets hating Russell, so I wonder how much of that was the Lakers and LA media.
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

D'Lo was a combination of Ingram and Kuz in that he was a #2 pick (BI) with swagger (Kuz). He was the type to heat check himself often, like Kuz, and of course our beloved Kobe, which we've been looking for in our next Laker great. Not surprised to see him succeed elsewhere as he was always skilled - just immature (SwaggyP snitch) and a casually of circumstance (we had to unload Moz for max deal + free up PG minutes for Zo).

Aside from B Scott, seems that Magic and B Shaw really didn't like him either (Magic stating publicly that he isn't a leader and B Shaw getting caught bad mouthing Dlo TMZ style).
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
You never hear anything about people associated with the Nets hating Russell, so I wonder how much of that was the Lakers and LA media.

Dlo was a little standoffish with the media, so when Byron decided to scapegoat him, it did t take much urging to get the media to sell it.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

I always liked him, was just waiting for his efficiency to go up. Finally getting into the high 30s on his 3pt%.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:

He had a little bit of a ‘tude every now and then but his whole “reputation” was so overblown especially post Nick Young
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Practice wrote:

He had a little bit of a ‘tude every now and then but his whole “reputation” was so overblown especially post Nick Young

I think he was mostly overwhelmed and fronting to cover for it.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
My bad for underrating him
Yo, you mad sold a lot of fans on his game since the draft. You were right since day 1. #wemissthevids
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
My bad for underrating him
Yo, you mad sold a lot of fans on his game since the draft. You were right since day 1. #wemissthevids

Yeah I miss him analyzing and breaking down DLo lol, need to tap in that alter ego, DLoFilmRoom
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

GT told us all. Shame so many were biased against him. A lot of fans questioned him from day 1 'cos media had themconvinced Okafor is the real deal and Lakers are taking him before Ding broke DLo news on draft day. Even Young issue, SAS said later that he didn't leak it. It was some dumb mistake which someone used to make money.

https://twitter.com/LFRMBT/status/1087476883271368704?s=19
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

Glad he's doing well, Kuz looking good here and there too. It's a wash
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

KD showing love for DLO when Booker wrote he's an All Star.

https://twitter.com/APOOCH/status/1087700169662103553
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

the letting go of Randle for nothing was the top of the top as far as bone head moves. But trading D'Angelo was also a horrible move. Don't let the hype of getting Kuzma fool you. Kuz was the 27th pick, I'm sure we could have found a way to get that pick some other way. This was purely to create space for Lonzo, which drafting him was another horrible decision and of course because Magic had his boy Byron's back who D'Angelo called a horrible coach.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
the letting go of Randle for nothing was the top of the top as far as bone head moves. But trading D'Angelo was also a horrible move. Don't let the hype of getting Kuzma fool you. Kuz was the 27th pick, I'm sure we could have found a way to get that pick some other way. This was purely to create space for Lonzo, which drafting him was another horrible decision and of course because Magic had his boy Byron's back who D'Angelo called a horrible coach.

Nets didn't have Kuz on their draft board so Kuz would have been available at #28. Even otherwise, Lakers could have moved up a spot to draft Kuz without giving up a #2 player. And we didn't get a 2nd max FA this summer. Nets got rid of Moz for fairly cheap in 2018. Lakers could have had LeBron, Lonzo, DLO, Ingram, Kuz and Randle this season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Nets didn't have Kuz on their draft board so Kuz would have been available at #28. Even otherwise, Lakers could have moved up a spot to draft Kuz without giving up a #2 player. And we didn't get a 2nd max FA this summer. Nets got rid of Moz for fairly cheap in 2018. Lakers could have had LeBron, Lonzo, DLO, Ingram, Kuz and Randle this season.

And if you believe Woj, could have had George for Ingram.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Yeesh.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Yeesh.

As long as we still have Zubac
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Lakers could've given the Warriors a little run for their money this season with Lebron, PG, DLo, Zo, Kuz, Randle, Zu, and a few small FA signings tbh.
It's all water under the bridge at this point though..
Outside of GS who had so much gifted to them, you could basically go through every team and find player personnel mistakes, bad drafting, bad trades, holding on to prospects too long/not long enough, bad contracts, etc..
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

They didn't need to trade Russell to get Kuzma.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Yeesh.

As long as we still have Zubac
Another Mitch gem.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

so wait... you're telling me we could have had this?

Randle
Lebron
George
D'Angelo
Lonzo
??????????????
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Practice wrote:

I think he was mostly overwhelmed and fronting to cover for it.

Watching those post game interviews he seemed to be the one who gave thoughtful answers, not the cliches we get from most players. I appreciated that.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

so wait... you're telling me we could have had this?

Randle
Lebron
George
D'Angelo
Lonzo
??????????????
That was truly my dream scenario. A team I would have been excited about.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

So many good points:

1) The bottom of the draft is a crapshoot unlike the top of the draft. The difference between 27 and 28 is miniscule. We would have gotten Kuz anyway or could have moved up much cheaper.
2) Moving Moz and Deng were easier this year, and we didnt get a 2nd Max guy last summer.
3) Real reason DLO was moved was the Showtime Cartel. They didnt like his him personally plus he was a Jim/Mitch pick. The same went for Randle whereas Ingram was the coonsensus number 2.

Also, as it turned out, if we were getting a 2nd max, DLO and Randle would have been able to fetch us more. In fact, they would have made a AD trade much more doable.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Time to take a break from being a fan of this team, just can't get behind what the Maginka-led FO has been trying to sell.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
governator wrote:

They didn't need to trade Russell to get Kuzma.

Is there any regret within the organization about the Russell situation? Is it a topic of conversation?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 32 of 100
Jump to: